Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 31st May 2009, 18:19   #61
BHPian

@Frank - HA HA. Dude would be fun to watch you lapping it with just one tongue. :P . I Have a feeling they wont wait till the year end to launch it. I feel it could be a post monsoon offer say, September. Anyways at least that's what I would gun for if I was at the helm of affairs at Fiat India.
pranava999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2009, 23:09   #62
BHPian

The photos of the mysore drive canbe viewed here --> http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ml#post1291687 (Drive to Nrityagram and Taj Kuteera)
Old 5th June 2009, 12:19   #63
BHPian

Default The heart of the car

The 1.4 FIRE engine that runs the Linea. The bay can easily handle a larger engine.
Attached Images

Old 15th June 2009, 11:19   #64
BHPian

Default Finally crossed 1000kms

Yesterday evening, after nearly two weeks, we took the car for a 60km drive on devanahalli (new airport road) road.Seems like I have gotten used to the short gear ratios and also on the timing of the release of the clutch and impressing the accelerator.The surge is quite a rush and came as a surprise. Everytime I was in the front row at the traffic lights, I would take off and in no time hit 80kmh (the legal speed limit), in 3rd gear. This car is definitely no slouch.It just takes a little getting used to.

Did go over a few unmarked bumps in my neighborhood without noticing them and one of the resultant thuds was pretty unsettling, but fortunately the car's suspension's still intact, no rattles. Am a bit worried though, hoping there's no serious dents to any piping (exhaust) or the underbody.

Finally crossed the 1000kms mark of hassle free, niggle free driving pleasure.

Last edited by pranava999 : 15th June 2009 at 11:20.
Old 15th June 2009, 12:25   #65
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranava999 View Post
Yesterday evening, after nearly two weeks, we took the car for a 60km drive on devanahalli (new airport road) road.Seems like I have gotten used to the short gear ratios and also on the timing of the release of the clutch and impressing the accelerator.The surge is quite a rush and came as a surprise. Everytime I was in the front row at the traffic lights, I would take off and in no time hit 80kmh (the legal speed limit), in 3rd gear. This car is definitely no slouch.It just takes a little getting used to.

Did go over a few unmarked bumps in my neighborhood without noticing them and one of the resultant thuds was pretty unsettling, but fortunately the car's suspension's still intact, no rattles. Am a bit worried though, hoping there's no serious dents to any piping (exhaust) or the underbody.

Finally crossed the 1000kms mark of hassle free, niggle free driving pleasure.
Hey pranava, come on buddy. Drive her more often, you're not giving justice to her. I would even say, you're spending more time icing her than driving her... Just kidding
VahanPujari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2009, 12:33   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
I would even say, you're spending more time icing her than driving her... Just kidding

I cant control myself, good one man.
I hope Pranava completed those remaining 4 kms and has touched the 1k kms mark.
If you drive less, send that ICE to me, let me test it thoroughly and will give it back to you if i find it ok
coolboy007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2009, 13:00   #67
BHPian

@vahan, @coolboy ...Naughty , naughty.

Not even ICEing her, just spending time thinking of how to ICE her!! The ICE budget as a result of such spartan commuting will see a downward revision.Maybe once the ICE is in,I may drive her more.

Since I work from home a lot these days, there's not much daily commute happening. I think my first service will be at 1500kms... A drive to Belur - Halebid this weekend should get me there. LOL.
Old 15th June 2009, 13:17   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Since I work from home a lot these days, there's not much daily commute happening. I think my first service will be at 1500kms... A drive to Belur - Halebid this weekend should get me there. LOL.
At this pace your 2 nd service 15000 kms interval 1 year will be at 6000 kms

My Linea also has covered just 2600 kms and by 8 july (service due) i will easily complete 2800-2900 kms. When dad takes the car away it does 100 kms in 1 day, dwarka to noida and will give it to him.
Am afraid of parking my car in markets as yesterday i saw a boy 8-9 years cycling past a ANHC and he fell on the car, just got up and rushed away, just imagining the plight of owner when he sees his car tomorrow, a cool dent and a big scratch.

Try to take my car where ample parking space is there and if its not there, Scorpio zindabad
coolboy007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2009, 13:23   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
At this pace your 2 nd service 15000 kms interval 1 year will be at 6000 kms
Am afraid of parking my car in markets as yesterday i saw a boy 8-9 years cycling past a ANHC and he fell on the car, just got up and rushed away, just imagining the plight of owner when he sees his car tomorrow, a cool dent and a big scratch.
Try to take my car where ample parking space is there and if its not there, Scorpio zindabad
Am afraid so, buddy. That's why went in for the petrol.
I avoid taking the Linea out to places where parking's a pain or where there's a high risk of these minor brushes with cyclists, carts, idlers,toddlers etc - Basically busy crowded street side parking.
For all those market, shopping and in city runs, the 7 yer old wagon R comes in very handy.
Old 6th August 2009, 12:51   #70
BHPian

Default First Service - Anything specific to look into?

The car was due for it's first service a long time back. Work and personal travel kept me busy. The car has covered only 1900 kms so far because I did not want to park her on the street close to a tempo stand, and expose her to idlers who would want to strip her off her monogram,her chrome or express their itch to etch, while I slogged away at work.

I Contacted Mr.Purushotam who is incharge of Linea Servicing at Prerana Motors - Kudlu Gate. He was ok with doing the first service. I have scheduled it for tomorrow and they will send someone over to pickup the car.

As of now the only issues I have to report are the rear quarter glass chrome strips that have come off and a steering column vibration that was felt, only once while turning the car. Am still not sure if that resulted from a shoddy clutch release or the road surface.

Apart from that have not felt/heard any of the other niggles related to rattle.

However, I request the other Linea owners here on the forum to give me their suggestions, if there's anything else (production related) that I specifically need the service techs to look into.
Old 6th August 2009, 13:50   #71
BHPian

Check ur roof near the rear roof light. It is sagging in my car. This is something not common to most of the Linea but still as a precaution you can check.
Also, do check whether the A.C water pipe is not blocked with dust.
vinay.pillai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2009, 21:24   #72
BHPian

Thumbs up First Service Update

@Vinay - roof lining seems fine, no sagging

I was not too keen at the prospect of driving down to the other end of town (Malleswaram - Hosur road - Malleswaram, 40 odd kms or more) and end my day stuck in notorious peak hour traffic jams, that would only get worse if it rained.

Fortunately, they did have a pick up and drop service. Was told by the receptionist that it would cost Rs.100. Opted for it as this was the first service and the car has been a real sweetheart so far, without any of the grumpy rattles that a few others have experienced (touch wood!). Hence did not see any point in hanging around at the service center all day for what seems like a routine affair.

A call to the Service incharge, Mr. Purshotam and briefed him about the quarter glass chrome strips and to check for the steering column vibration that had mysteriously surfaced only once while turning the car.

Was assured it would be looked into and I also opted for the 3M anti- corrosion underbody treatment, more from a road noise deadening perspective.

There was a minor scratch on the front left side bumper, which was noticed only by the driver before taking the car. Still wondering how that could have happened. Fortunately, nothing to worry as I was told that it would go after a little rubbing.

The car was delivered about an hour ago. It was pouring crazy so just did a thorough external/internal visual inspection as I was not upto testing her in the rain. All seemed fine and was dropped off safely.
  • One Litre Syn Engine oil (Rs.540) was topped up free of cost under warranty.
  • Underbody 3M anti-corrosion treatment including taxes - Rs.3,088
  • Pick up and drop service - Free
  • Scratch taken care of after rubbing - Free
  • AC water pipe checked for block - no block
  • Steering column checked - no issues
Overall a pleasant experience. The service advisor was a very polite person and had kept me in the loop on the steering column concern. A "thank you" call pendingfor tomorrow morning, after a small test drive.

Last edited by pranava999 : 7th August 2009 at 21:29.
Old 7th August 2009, 21:45   #73
BHPian

Congrats on the good 1st service experience.
Seems interesting that they topped up engine oil for free!
Why did they need to top-up engine oil, yours has done only 2000km na?

Steering hum at end-of-turn is normal for hydraulic power steerings.

Quote:
  • One Litre Syn Engine oil (Rs.540) was topped up free of cost under warranty.
  • Steering column checked - no issues
neotraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2009, 22:14   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
Congrats on the good 1st service experience.
Seems interesting that they topped up engine oil for free!
Why did they need to top-up engine oil, yours has done only 2000km na?

Steering hum at end-of-turn is normal for hydraulic power steerings.
Yes. Interesting question. The answer to which shall be sought tomorrow morning. Guessing I have a hungry car.
Old 8th August 2009, 00:52   #75
BANNED

pranava

I must say you had a very very nice experience with TASS.

Congrats & enjoy her more dude.

Congrats to that TASS also for giving such wonderful service experience
VahanPujari is offline   Reply With Quote