Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 23rd April 2009, 12:52   #61
BHPian

Congratulations pal. Great VFM car indeed. Enjoy your miles with the babe.
tinnieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2009, 08:33   #62
BHPian

Default hey

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendro View Post
I believe that Fiat itself would find it very difficult to design a mud flap for the current fenders in Linea. They would have to redesign the fenders with proper holes to screw the mud flap.
i'm not sure of that opendro,

there has to be a way for the engineers at FIAL to get some moulded mud flaps designed for the linea. the guys have just been shortsighted in the long run - make enough noise and i'm sure FIAL will wake up to the ommission.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
Can you post a picture of this HSRP plates?

What are the benefits of going for them?
neo,

these are the same plates that you would have seen on countless seperate threads, sold as the high security plates by utsav... there are benefits as well as shortcomings.
the benefits are that for the time being, it means that you have a standardised plate that lasts a lot longer than the usual road side jobbies..

the shortcomings are that when the HSRP system DOES get rolled out across the country, these fairly expensive plates will have to be ditched in liu of the official licenced plates from the state vendor...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
Superb review BTB, very realistic comments and nice snaps too.

Glad to see more and more happy faces on FIAT's CSAT!!!!
thanks jacs...

i like the car which is why i've written what i think!!!!

[quote=itwasntme;1271449]Lovely car and stunning pictures equal to your first pictures of your Safari :-)

By the way, post some with the HSRPs fitted. Thinking of same for my black Aveo and am goingto the BLR Utsav dealer this weekend. Also, where did you hear of the impending implementation of HSRPS in Karnataka?

Congrats again. MUCH MUCH better than a plain-Jane Fiesta :-)

cheers itwasnt me!!!

i'm glad you liked the snaps for the safari AND the linea! will post the snaps in a bit - travelling abroad at the moment.

as far as the impending HSRPs in Karnataka...we made the film for the presentation made by the vendor company in the 2 states that HSRP is already implemented in (Meghalaya and Rajasthan) when they went down to make the pitch to the state govt.

in a fashion, once HSRP is implemented in a state - the sale of plates by UTSAV and the like does become illegal - so as of now there are no issues to be wary of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Heard from one of the Service guy in VSTMotors that Palio Mudflaps especially Sachin series which is bigger than normal palio's could be fitted in Linea.
i'll try it while i am going for the first service.
If it fits well, i'll let you know.
cheers aks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Gone thro' that thread

some guys have mentioned not to use snap-lock screws in case you need to remove plate while changing bumpers.

my question is -
if one does not use the snap-lock screws & goes for normal screws, then there is no meaning of security. isn't it?

on the other hand, if one goes with snap-lock screws, the plate cant be removed when bumper needs to be changed.

so whats the solution?
the snap locks are only a PART of the security features... the actual security is in the IT infrastructure that the HSRP system puts in place...

loads of info available on the net - if you need more, PM me and i'll give you enough to last a lifetime!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinnieboy View Post
Congratulations pal. Great VFM car indeed. Enjoy your miles with the babe.
cheers tinnieboy!!

as an aside, i must add that i was quite amused to see the first 7 threads on the forum are all separate linea threads...!!! (this will probably be the 8th)!
speaks volumes for how the car is doing (atleast on the forum eh??)

i can see i'm about to get flamed - so i'm heading for cover.....NOW!!!!

Last edited by bIte tHe bulLet : 27th April 2009 at 08:35. Reason: wrong numbers
bIte tHe bulLet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2009, 19:13   #63
BHPian

Opendro, can you please post some pics of the aftermarket mud flaps you installed on the Linea, I'm desperate to get mud flaps with the monsoons closing in.
luky_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2009, 10:01   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luky_13 View Post
Opendro, can you please post some pics of the aftermarket mud flaps you installed on the Linea, I'm desperate to get mud flaps with the monsoons closing in.
Ok. I will do it tomorrow.
opendro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2009, 17:51   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Opendro, can you please post some pics of the aftermarket mud flaps you installed on the Linea, I'm desperate to get mud flaps with the monsoons closing in
i have got my mudflap from dealer itself. I will post the pics tomorrow. It is very neat and has LINEA etched on it
geeash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2009, 10:11   #66
BHPian

Default Linea aftermarket mud flap

If it is available in dealers, as mentioned above, then that should be the best. Anyway, attaching mine one, which cost me Rs.350 and another Rs. 200 to fix it in some garage. Not great, but quite ok for me.

[Apologies for the quality of picture. I took it from my cheap cell phone camera]
Attached Thumbnails
'Emotionally Packed' - 1.3 MJD Linea Emotion Pk.... finally (whew!!)-image084.jpg  

'Emotionally Packed' - 1.3 MJD Linea Emotion Pk.... finally (whew!!)-image085.jpg  

'Emotionally Packed' - 1.3 MJD Linea Emotion Pk.... finally (whew!!)-image086.jpg  

'Emotionally Packed' - 1.3 MJD Linea Emotion Pk.... finally (whew!!)-image087.jpg  

Last edited by opendro : 30th April 2009 at 10:15.
opendro is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2009, 15:07   #67
BHPian

opendro - i liked the mud flaps , the curve looks good. i hope i can get something like that here in mumbai. still had not thought of mud flaps. now that i saw this thread i am going out to look for a good option .
FastLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2009, 22:40   #68
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLove View Post
opendro - i liked the mud flaps , the curve looks good. i hope i can get something like that here in mumbai. still had not thought of mud flaps. now that i saw this thread i am going out to look for a good option .
FastLove - let me know if you get the mudflaps as i'm also in mumbai

also check geeash thread, he got linea OEM mudflaps
VahanPujari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2009, 23:37   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bIte tHe bulLet View Post
its a horrific tradeoff - scratched paintwork vs drilled holes in body... think carefully before you commit to either.

i also got into a bit of an ego clash with a monkey a$$ed swift driver and i have to report that from 2000 rpm till the 2800 rpm that i did push the linea into... she is a wild beast as a car. suffice to say, a very surprised swift driver drove upto me at a red light, smiled and give me a little salute as he crossed me

that's truly a horrific trade off..might as well not go in for the flaps.

If you think she is a beast at 2800rpm, try upwards of 3000 and let me know what you think of her and her exhaust note
pranava999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2009, 07:01   #70
Senior - BHPian

This mudflap looks great. I got mine too looks pretty different and rubbery.How much did it cost?. I have posted the pictures of mudflap in my thread . Just have a look.
geeash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2009, 08:14   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
FastLove - let me know if you get the mudflaps as i'm also in mumbai

also check geeash thread, he got linea OEM mudflaps

yeah sure VP, i will be checking out in vashi today. will let you know. i saw geeash's thread and the pictures . the OEM flaps dont look as good. will have to take closer look at both before i decide.
Old 16th May 2009, 17:44   #72
BHPian

Quote:
yeah sure VP, i will be checking out in vashi today. will let you know. i saw geeash's thread and the pictures . the OEM flaps dont look as good. will have to take closer look at both before i decide.
any news on the mudflaps fastlove?

i much prefer the moulded ones that opendro has on his ride. if you look at the ones that geeash has on his car, the front ones are punched into the bodywork on the side of the car...

just need to find the flippin' time to go look for flaps and stuff...

also as an update, i had my 1st bunt from behind by some idiot boys (who had been drinking) on mg road last sat night. i was on my way back with the wife and kids from some friends in g'gaon.

we were stopped in the middle of the road, since there was a traffic backup in front of the RED CORAL complex. to cut a long story short, 5 boys in a fiesta decided to test the rear bumper of the linea.

didn't want to get into anything at 12 at night, and had the kids riding in the back, so spat venom, took numbers and told him that i would call him in the morning to tell him how much it was going to cost to repair...

anyway, in the morning as i headed off to the dealership, i stopped by my friendly neighbourhood denter, to see if he could work his magic...

2 1/2 hours later after he had un-screwed 14 different allen screws(!), he managed to re-align the bumper. i thought the better of re-painting the entire bumper, since the only visible sign of damage was a dollop of paint missing on the top left of the bumper and a slight waviness on the top of the bumper in the paint finish...

it really ticks me off when stuff happens to you when it isin't your fault - but over the years, i've let myself have the luxury of remaining pragmatic and calm in the face of lots of anger....

apart from that, she is behaving very well and my wife has fallen in love with FIAT all over again! i have to admit though that i miss my little palio quite a bit and get all nostalgic when i see a fern green palio on the roads today!!!

(having said that, i find that i tend to want to drive the safari on delhi roads far more because she scares people out of the way!!! )

take care and stay sane my friends!
bIte tHe bulLet is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2009, 19:49   #73
BHPian

14? quite a lot wonder how many the massive front bumper has. sad to know that you got rear ended, but good to know the local mechanic saved you some moolah and it was not that major. keep posting in. any long drives in the Linea ??
pranava999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2009, 21:52   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bIte tHe bulLet View Post
any news on the mudflaps fastlove?

!
yeah... sorry i did not inform earlier on the update from my dealer. I had visited my dealer 10 days back for getting the 3M Paint Protection and Dinitrol AntiRust Treatment and the Sun Films . On Mud Flaps the LAdy incharge told me that the Mud Flaps designing has been outsourced to an external agency and will be available after 20 days. Today i called late evening only after reading your reminder , and got info from another contact at the dealer that the Mud Flaps have just arrived. The prices and other details i can get only on monday.

VP - if you want to call and check - Brinda 9223301631 (Fortune , Nerul, Mumbai).
Old 18th May 2009, 13:22   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranava999 View Post
14? quite a lot wonder how many the massive front bumper has. sad to know that you got rear ended, but good to know the local mechanic saved you some moolah and it was not that major. keep posting in. any long drives in the Linea ??
telling me man!!! the mechanic was going nuts (pun unintended) trying to figure our where all they were. the hardest were the ones in the wheel well. also a lot of the nuts are on allen screws, which means you need the correct size allen key to open them up in the 1st place!

long drive in linea still awaited (eagerly!!)

will update as and when it does happen! actually the safari becomes the vehicle of choice, simply because of the amount of stuff you can cram into it along-with a whole bunch of people, in relative comfort!!!

Quote:
The prices and other details i can get only on monday.
cheers fast! but be careful about what they are doing to the car before committing to any of the flap designs... tc
bIte tHe bulLet is offline   Reply With Quote