Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 20th May 2009, 13:18   #76
BHPian

btb , they have promised me coming monday (next week) , they will fit the mudflaps. I may be the first one to do so at this dealership. I asked the lady how it is fitted. I was told that there will be holes punched for the fitting. On being resistant to the idea of piercing holes into my chica , she assured that she herself tested ther design and assured me that i will like the work. Will have to see now !
FastLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2009, 13:37   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLove View Post
btb , they have promised me coming monday (next week) , they will fit the mudflaps. I may be the first one to do so at this dealership. I asked the lady how it is fitted. I was told that there will be holes punched for the fitting. On being resistant to the idea of piercing holes into my chica , she assured that she herself tested ther design and assured me that i will like the work. Will have to see now !
That is correct. One of the linea thread has the mad flaps with "Linea" printed on it. They are fitted with hole on the body, but they looked neat.
opendro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2009, 14:26   #78
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendro View Post
That is correct. One of the linea thread has the mad flaps with "Linea" printed on it. They are fitted with hole on the body, but they looked neat.
Opendro - I liked the mudflaps you got compared to the other member who got Linea OEM mudflaps. OEM mudflaps seems longer whereas yours look neat

I would not like the holes to be punched in the body. Is there other way out? Why Fiat has not given provision to fit mudflaps?
If no other option, I think I'll have to go with OEM mudflaps though looks longer. It gives a small comfort as it'll be fitted by dealership
VahanPujari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2009, 14:29   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Opendro - I liked the mudflaps you got compared to the other member who got Linea OEM mudflaps. OEM mudflaps seems longer whereas yours look neat

I would not like the holes to be punched in the body. Is there other way out? Why Fiat has not given provision to fit mudflaps?
If no other option, I think I'll have to go with OEM mudflaps though looks longer. It gives a small comfort as it'll be fitted by dealership
For ALL Linea Owners,

There is no OEM MudFlaps from FIL till date.
All MudFlaps are getting it from local market by the Dealer itself(Designed and produced for dealers specific).
Am waiting for FIL to release OEM Mudflaps.
aks_karthik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2009, 14:53   #80
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
For ALL Linea Owners,

There is no OEM MudFlaps from FIL till date.
All MudFlaps are getting it from local market by the Dealer itself(Designed and produced for dealers specific).
Am waiting for FIL to release OEM Mudflaps.
I guess Ashwin mentioned that he got Linea OEM mudflaps fitted. The photo's shown Linea written on it
What say Ashwin
VahanPujari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2009, 21:21   #81
Senior - BHPian

Default my say

Quote:
Thats mine!!

Quote:
I guess Ashwin mentioned that he got Linea OEM mudflaps fitted. The photo's shown Linea written on it
What say Ashwin
Yes they are OEM mudflaps. I have asked the dealers and the mud flaps are manufactured specifically for linea in Ranjangaon and are not got from local market by the dealer. Each mudflap consignment ( 4 nos) has its own code and numbers in the pack and are getting billed from their own software.

The mudflaps are not available to all the dealers. They are shipped to priority dealers first and then to other tata-fiat dealers if they have placed a order.
geeash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2009, 09:41   #82
Senior - BHPian

Aswin,

I just spoke with TATA CSM.
He cleared that there is no OEM Mudflaps released from FIL.
As i said earlier,Concorde got this Mudflaps from third party vendor,designed and produced for them specially.
Old 21st May 2009, 10:40   #83
BHPian

I had the same feedback from Concorde Bangalore, no official release of mudflaps from FIAL so far.
luky_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2009, 10:55   #84
BHPian

Exclamation Mudflaps available in Concorde Chennai

Quote:
Originally Posted by luky_13 View Post
I had the same feedback from Concorde Bangalore, no official release of mudflaps from FIAL so far.
I have them in my Linea. I called the dealer just before a couple of minutes to ensure that the mudflaps in my car are from FIAL and not from any other local vendor..

However what is there in my car has been neatly done by Concorde, chennai..(but punched in the car's body though).

Regards,
Sathya
Sathya_sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2009, 12:30   #85
Senior - BHPian

Default mudflaps

Quote:
As i said earlier,Concorde got this Mudflaps from third party vendor,designed and produced for them specially.
Nope you are wrong karthik. I have talked to concorde csm too. He says these are oem and is vouching for it. So far there are no linea third party mudflaps available atleasrt in chennai. they are modifing corolla and civic mudflaps to put it for linea in the market. Thats the same reply sathya too has got. May be your dealer and the csm is fooling around.
geeash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2009, 12:50   #86
Senior - BHPian

Just got another reply from TATA CSM,Chennai regarding MudFlaps.

Mail:
Fiat has released Mud flap just 3days back. All dealers are going to place order and it may take another 10-15days time to reach chennai.This is for your information and will ask dealer to inform immediately after getting parts.

Last edited by aks_karthik : 21st May 2009 at 12:58.
Old 21st May 2009, 16:18   #87
Senior - BHPian

I don't mean to offend anyone, but just couldn't help saying that only on Team-BHP will somebody find pages dedicated to mudflaps of a particular Fiat car!
architect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2009, 16:29   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendro View Post
If it is available in dealers, as mentioned above, then that should be the best. Anyway, attaching mine one, which cost me Rs.350 and another Rs. 200 to fix it in some garage. Not great, but quite ok for me.
Opendro,
What car was the mudflaps originally intended for? I like them better than the OE (?) ones I got from dealership. How are yours fixed? Any punching on bodywork, or visible screws?

Gears,
Red-One.
RedOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2009, 08:16   #89
BHPian

Talking he he he he!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect View Post
I don't mean to offend anyone, but just couldn't help saying that only on Team-BHP will somebody find pages dedicated to mudflaps of a particular Fiat car!

i have to apologise since i seem to have led this group down this, "muddy" road!!!!

the funny thing is that just a couple of days ago, it crossed my mind as well that this is one heck of a topic to be discussing on a thread...

~but~

to give the devil his due, the 'w'-hole hoopla started when drilling holes into brand new bodywork came up as an issue to fix something that is essentially supposed to 'protect' the car! hence the extended comments on this topic..

i get the irony though!
bIte tHe bulLet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2009, 09:38   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect View Post
Yep there is no other way to know the story friend .Because we love our cars.piercing my love is not acceptable.
As for fixing mudflaps,they have put some holes in New car.
What i am thinking is,If OEM product will be released then they definitely find some other way to fix Mudflaps without putting holes in car's body,might they use the inside of the wheel arch to fix it.
Awaiting the call from my Dealer.

Last edited by aks_karthik : 22nd May 2009 at 09:40.