Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 24th August 2009, 18:15   #151
BHPian

Another minor issue I forgot to mention was that the lever used to open the bonet came out in my hand. Luckily the bonet opened or the hotel I was going to probably wouldn't let me enter!
CarsPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2009, 18:55   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarsPG View Post
Another minor issue I forgot to mention was that the lever used to open the bonet came out in my hand. Luckily the bonet opened or the hotel I was going to probably wouldn't let me enter!
Happened to me too. I pressed it back and it lasted a week, but now it's fallen off again. Maybe its a speciality of cars delivered by BU Bhandari i am going to take you up on your offer and PM you one of these days as I need to make a TASS visit for all the niggles I posted on my thread.
Pragmites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2009, 19:40   #153
Senior - BHPian

Hi Piyush,

Glad to see that you are enjoying your Linea to the max. I think you got delivery in April and already done 13k kms. Hope thos rattles have gone now and you didnt need to visit the service centre again after that rattle removing mission.

Is it a coincidence or a problem? Why do all MJD Linea have so many rattles compared to petrol counterparts. You, karthik and even Satya, Satya had a lot of rattles and got them all fixed on his serv centre visit.
coolboy007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2009, 14:44   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pragmites View Post
Happened to me too. I pressed it back and it lasted a week, but now it's fallen off again. Maybe its a speciality of cars delivered by BU Bhandari i am going to take you up on your offer and PM you one of these days as I need to make a TASS visit for all the niggles I posted on my thread.
Unfortunately, that also happens to me everytime (almost) I come back from the service centre. Never when I open the boot. I should tell the service centre next time that they wouldn't hear a click of the bonnet opening. I think that they pull it too hard until they hear the click and feel that click on the hand/lever. For Linea, it never clicks, but opens so nicely. They need to understand that. Why should it fall off in the first place? That is a different question all together. Once I push the level firm to the pin, it does not fall again, not even in bad rough roads.

I don't have rattles. But I too have a few squeaking sound in uneven roads now. I'm also suspecting my overinflated tyres to cause more. Hope the squeak does not turn into rattles.

I have also cross 10,500 Km, without much long drive. City driving mileage has improved a lot (from 12 to abour 15), I guess mainly due to better driving (gentle). I don't expect anything better than this in Bangalore.

I'm dying to cross the 15Mm mark so as to change the engine oil and feel the difference. Right now, it seems to be doing better than ever (guess run-in has been done well).

BTW, whenever I visit the showroom, I'm pained to see the poor explanations and demo done by the sales guys. I had once interrupted and started explaining
opendro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2009, 14:54   #155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Hi Piyush,

Glad to see that you are enjoying your Linea to the max. I think you got delivery in April and already done 13k kms. Hope thos rattles have gone now and you didnt need to visit the service centre again after that rattle removing mission.

Is it a coincidence or a problem? Why do all MJD Linea have so many rattles compared to petrol counterparts. You, karthik and even Satya, Satya had a lot of rattles and got them all fixed on his serv centre visit.
For me, the rattling issue had been raised because of inexperienced work on removing the door pads while installing SunFilms.
This is the major issue for the cause.
After checking door pads clips and placed it back and refixed in TASS.
Now my car is 100% rattle free(though have a small issue in parcel tray.i did myself to freeze the squeaking noise by placing a bunch of torn papers).

MORAL: if you open/adjust any of the parts in Linea then you will get rattling for FREE
So better don't do anything.Do only if it's very essential.
aks_karthik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2009, 15:14   #156
BANNED

I opened bonnet n number of times. Never ever the bonnet lever fell off neither it felt that it may fall off. May be as opendro said I might be pulling it gently. After all Lina needs pampering & not beating
VahanPujari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2009, 15:37   #157
BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendro View Post
Unfortunately, that also happens to me everytime (almost) I come back from the service centre. Never when I open the boot. I should tell the service centre next time that they wouldn't hear a click of the bonnet opening. I think that they pull it too hard until they hear the click and feel that click on the hand/lever. For Linea, it never clicks, but opens so nicely. They need to understand that. Why should it fall off in the first place? That is a different question all together. Once I push the level firm to the pin, it does not fall again, not even in bad rough roads.

I don't have rattles. But I too have a few squeaking sound in uneven roads now. I'm also suspecting my overinflated tyres to cause more. Hope the squeak does not turn into rattles.

I have also cross 10,500 Km, without much long drive. City driving mileage has improved a lot (from 12 to abour 15), I guess mainly due to better driving (gentle). I don't expect anything better than this in Bangalore.

I'm dying to cross the 15Mm mark so as to change the engine oil and feel the difference. Right now, it seems to be doing better than ever (guess run-in has been done well).

BTW, whenever I visit the showroom, I'm pained to see the poor explanations and demo done by the sales guys. I had once interrupted and started explaining
Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
I opened bonnet n number of times. Never ever the bonnet lever fell off neither it felt that it may fall off. May be as opendro said I might be pulling it gently. After all Lina needs pampering & not beating
Guess it's a relatively common problem!!! I have been very gentle with it. Infact it came out the only time I had to use it. Maybe it had become loose at the workshop!

Pragmites - Feel free to PM me. Hopefully all the niggles in your car will get fixed soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Hi Piyush,

I am enjoying it a lot. In less than 5 months I've already done 13,500 kms !!

Only some niggles/rattling left as mentioned in my earlier post. Will get it fixed at the 15 K service. The only thing I'm worried about is the lights on the dashboard while I'm driving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
For me, the rattling issue had been raised because of inexperienced work on removing the door pads while installing SunFilms.
This is the major issue for the cause.
After checking door pads clips and placed it back and refixed in TASS.
Now my car is 100% rattle free(though have a small issue in parcel tray.i did myself to freeze the squeaking noise by placing a bunch of torn papers).

MORAL: if you open/adjust any of the parts in Linea then you will get rattling for FREE
So better don't do anything.Do only if it's very essential.
That's great. Hopefully it will stay that way. All the minor niggling/rattling gets to you after a while! I've thought about stuffing some paper in the parcel tray too.

Last edited by CarsPG : 25th August 2009 at 15:40.
CarsPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2009, 15:58   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarsPG View Post
The only thing I'm worried about is the lights on the dashboard while I'm driving.
Which light are you talking about? By any chance, talking about the display background light. You could reduce the contrast if you wish. When the head lamps are on, you press the +/_ on the right of the menu (i.e. on the left of the beam/fog lamp buttons).

Another thing I noticed from the service guy was that if we don't want to turn on the A/C, but need only the outside fresh air through fan, keep the A/C off (light glows in off) and then increase the fan speed, manually turn off the compressor if it is already on. System will turn on the compressor if it thinks that humid inside cabin is too high for a safe driving. I didn't know this part and I was struggling to do so in a relatively pleasant morning/night highway drives.

Forgot to add that my car door panels were also open on two occasions, for sunfilm and for seat cover from outside (though they couldn't fix the leather on the doors because of moulding). I saw them and they were doing pretty lousy. They even broke the pins of the plastic around/below the front seats.

Last edited by opendro : 25th August 2009 at 16:01.
opendro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2009, 16:01   #159
BHPian

Quote:
@VP
In my case, I have NEVER opened the bonnet since I took delivery. The lever falls of automatically
Old 25th August 2009, 16:05   #160
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendro View Post
I have also cross 10,500 Km, without much long drive.
Did you do an oil change earlier on?

Can you check the oil level and post a photo of the oil level in the dipstick? Should be interesting and informative.
trrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2009, 16:49   #161
BANNED

Quote:
@VP
In my case, I have NEVER opened the bonnet since I took delivery. The lever falls of automatically
Oops. Then ask TASS to fix it hard. I remember someone saying that this lever is removable with only plastic clips. May be the clips got wider. if after hard push, it still does falls off, then you may need to change that lever
VahanPujari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2009, 16:52   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Oops. Then ask TASS to fix it hard. I remember someone saying that this lever is removable with only plastic clips. May be the clips got wider. if after hard push, it still does falls off, then you may need to change that lever
Yes will do so when I visit TASS for this and other niggles I posted on my thread. Maybe this Saturday
Old 25th August 2009, 16:59   #163
BHPian

I handle it gently when opening the bonnet, it stays there. Sometimes it falls OFF and I put it back in. It's not broken, that's how its designed.

IMO this is very minor issue that can be ignored as its not an often used part.

I was told by the TASS mechanic that in some vehicles it was loose and hence was falling off. Itseems Fiat has come up with new design for this too (probably tighter fitting clips)

Quote:
neotraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2009, 17:07   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
I handle it gently when opening the bonnet, it stays there. Sometimes it falls OFF and I put it back in. It's not broken, that's how its designed.

IMO this is very minor issue that can be ignored as its not an often used part.

I was told by the TASS mechanic that in some vehicles it was loose and hence was falling off. Itseems Fiat has come up with new design for this too (probably tighter fitting clips)
I was told by my Sales guy, this is normal But it is very disconcerting when you are driving and it falls on your foot. Anyway, who said the pockets in the door panels are too slim to be useful? The bonnet release lever fits perfectly in the flap
Old 25th August 2009, 17:17   #165
Senior - BHPian

mone has never fallen off till date. but i agree that it loosely hangs around. and any bundue pull while opening the bonnet would dislodge it. interestingly when i TD the linea at dealership much to the embarassment it was falling off on my foot and the sales advisor took it and put it into his pocket so that it would not cause him hiccup. i asked him "whether it will fall if in a new linea also" hge replied "saar some one has broken the lever and for timebeing we have stuck it". then i showed him some thread in team bhp for whom it had fallen too and he hung his face in shame
geeash is offline   Reply With Quote