Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2009, 19:42   #181
BHPian
 
nehamit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 121
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarsPG View Post
.....
Overall I'm satisfied with the car but I'm not satisfied with Tata-Fiat A.S.S and Fiat follow up. If Tata-Fiat can improve their A.S.S the Linea can easily sell 1500+ units a month vs. the under 1000 she is currently doing.
Sorry for the long post but wanted to give all my views (both good and bad).
Hi! Well, at least in Ahmedabad, we get wonderful service support. In fact our t-bhp-linea meet was sponsored by Aspi Motors and at end of the meeting we were presented with return gift also. You can have a look at our post at http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1524763 (My Fiat Linea MJD E+ Arrived!)
and http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1525048 (Red Linea Emotion Pack MJD - 10000km Report)
nehamit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2009, 15:06   #182
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 352
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrari1976 View Post
@CarsPG:

The initial lot of Lineas did have a lof of teething problems. Trust me when I say that these problems are more or less resolved. Hopefully you will get all the problems resolved very soon.

Regards,
Ashish
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
Seems like these TATA guys still not 100% when it comes to servicing Fiat cars. It's better to stay there when we go for service, as they seem to be doing naughty stuff everytime.

hey, buy fevibond and stick it yourself. It works for us.
Will do. Just wanted to higlight for the forum that the workshop guys are still unable to fix the problem even though it has happened on so many cars. They told me that some one must have stolen the chrome strip. Luckily it had falled of in the parking or I wouldn't know the reality!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nehamit View Post
Hi! Well, at least in Ahmedabad, we get wonderful service support. In fact our t-bhp-linea meet was sponsored by Aspi Motors and at end of the meeting we were presented with return gift also. You can have a look at our post at http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1524763 (My Fiat Linea MJD E+ Arrived!)
and http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1525048 (Red Linea Emotion Pack MJD - 10000km Report)
Honestly Bu Bhandari has been pretty good too. Their workshop GM is very passionate about cars. It's just that they always leave a few things incomplete and aren't very responsive every now and then. I wonder if they are servicing more cars now but haven't added enough people.
CarsPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2009, 11:38   #183
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 352
Thanked: Once
Default

Received a call from Mangesh a couple of days ago. Let's see what comes from it. Will keep you posted.
CarsPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2009, 11:51   #184
Senior - BHPian
 
amitoj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Nashua, NH
Posts: 2,954
Thanked: 1,591 Times
Default

5+ working days for a service???
Is that normal?
amitoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2009, 12:36   #185
Distinguished - BHPian
 
nkrishnap's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,494
Thanked: 4,110 Times
Default

@amitoj. I think CarsPG had reported that the service also included a repair to be done under insurance. So the delay might be due to the insurance clearance related things.

The post in the previous page has details in it.
nkrishnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2009, 13:03   #186
Senior - BHPian
 
amitoj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Nashua, NH
Posts: 2,954
Thanked: 1,591 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
@amitoj. I think CarsPG had reported that the service also included a repair to be done under insurance. So the delay might be due to the insurance clearance related things.

The post in the previous page has details in it.
Its dent repair work. Even that should not take 5 days.

My question is whether it is normal for a service to take this long.
amitoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2009, 13:42   #187
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 739
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

I guess it varies from dealer to dealer and the relationship they have with the insurance company.

I just gave my zen for insurance claim (dents and painting) and it will take them 4 days for the job.
And the insurance company even has a cashless tie-up with this dealer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Its dent repair work. Even that should not take 5 days.

My question is whether it is normal for a service to take this long.
neotraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2009, 12:50   #188
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 352
Thanked: Once
Default

The 5 days was including the accident repair work. They took 3 days for the dent work. Then another 2.5 days for the service and the other items I had pointed out.

The dealer now wants to change from Mobil1 to Selenia. I've e-mailed/called Mangesh several times but haven't heard back from him. I want to discuss it with him before I send my car again.
CarsPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2009, 16:11   #189
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 78
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarsPG View Post
6. MP3 player not working. The USB chord does not fight tightly in to the connector and the system recognizes only one song though there are multiple songs on the drive/mp3 player.
This could be a settings issue. I too faced it when i started off on a Mumbai - Pune drive without fixing it. Had to keep changing tracks manually by pressing the steering controls. However, once I was back referred to the manual and modified a couple of settings including one that had "Loop" enabled (resulting in one track playing all the time) and another that had "Autoplay" disabled. Rectified these two and now all is fine. Can also browse through the directory structure and select a particular song. Ofcourse PLEASE DO this only when stationary

PM me know if your problem is similar to mine and if u need any help.

Also regarding the chrome strip, as many people have recommended, please use fevibond.

Cheers

Mukund

Last edited by swami : 15th October 2009 at 16:22. Reason: Chrome strip feedback
swami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2009, 09:47   #190
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 352
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarsPG View Post
The 5 days was including the accident repair work. They took 3 days for the dent work. Then another 2.5 days for the service and the other items I had pointed out.

The dealer now wants to change from Mobil1 to Selenia. I've e-mailed/called Mangesh several times but haven't heard back from him. I want to discuss it with him before I send my car again.
I finally got a hold on Mangesh. He said I should go ahead with the oil change to Selenia and that my warranty would not be impacted. Will send it to the workshop sometime next week with the rest of the list!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami View Post
This could be a settings issue. I too faced it when i started off on a Mumbai - Pune drive without fixing it. Had to keep changing tracks manually by pressing the steering controls. However, once I was back referred to the manual and modified a couple of settings including one that had "Loop" enabled (resulting in one track playing all the time) and another that had "Autoplay" disabled. Rectified these two and now all is fine. Can also browse through the directory structure and select a particular song. Ofcourse PLEASE DO this only when stationary

PM me know if your problem is similar to mine and if u need any help.

Also regarding the chrome strip, as many people have recommended, please use fevibond.

Cheers

Mukund
Thanks a lot for the tips . Unfortunately it wasn't either of them. I couldn't even change the song manually! Anyways now I can't use the USB since it's broken :(. Hopefully it will get fixed soon!
CarsPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2009, 10:58   #191
BHPian
 
FastLove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: MUMBAI
Posts: 416
Thanked: 99 Times
Default

To disable the "Song Repeat" option , just slight press the microsoft button on the steering control and say "Repeat off" , the lady will confirm your command and say "Repeat off" in her voice and your songs will go track by track without manually changing it.

Also , similarly , you can do "Shuffle On " if you want to hear songs randomly .


CarsPG - Selenia is the recommnded oil . and thats the oil that comes with the car. What did you exactly have to check with mangesh then ?
FastLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2009, 17:51   #192
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 352
Thanked: Once
Default

I already tried all that. I was even unable to change the track manually! For some reason the player didn't detect the other songs.

The dealer put Mobil1 in my car even though I had insisted they use Selenia. I wanted to confirm from Mangesh what if any impact this would have on the warranty. He said I should get it changed to Selenia and that even though my car has run 3000 kms with Mobil1 it would have no impact on my warranty.
CarsPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2009, 09:44   #193
Senior - BHPian
 
geeash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,513
Thanked: 129 Times
Default

15k so soon. Man you are clocking miles ahead of us. !!!!!!!!
geeash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2009, 11:59   #194
BHPian
 
NutsNBolts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Kochi
Posts: 796
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarsPG View Post
I already tried all that. I was even unable to change the track manually! For some reason the player didn't detect the other songs.
In that case, it could be that songs are in unrecognised format like .aac or .m4a (used by ipod).
NutsNBolts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2009, 16:19   #195
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 352
Thanked: Once
Default

Was supposed to take my car to the dealer yesterday to get the issues fixed and oil changed but got an sms from them saying that they will confirm all parts are there. Still haven't heard back from them. Hopefully I will hear from them soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
15k so soon. Man you are clocking miles ahead of us. !!!!!!!!
It's up to 18K now . Good thing I bought a diesel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsNBolts View Post
In that case, it could be that songs are in unrecognised format like .aac or .m4a (used by ipod).
Songs were in mp3 format. The player used to recognize all of them but then one fine day only started recognizing one song!
CarsPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FIAT Linea Dynamic MJD 2010 Bossa Nova White Modified Alloys +45K report and HID pg.6 brar.arsh Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 90 5th January 2015 16:42
My Silent Warrior Black Fiat Linea MJD! vikram999 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 26 18th May 2014 00:00
Fiat Linea MJD Emotion Black - 14000KMS in 7months. sameer sultan Long-Term Ownership Reviews 37 28th February 2012 12:43
Swift VDI+ABS or Fiat Punto MJD or New Fabia 1.2 Diesel. Edit- Booked Fiat Punto MJD magnanimousdude Hatchbacks 59 27th October 2010 13:18
Fiat Linea - Emotion MJD - Ownership report 5000Kms+ ajaysurfs Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 15 10th August 2010 14:04


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 09:33.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks