Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 13th June 2009, 10:18   #106
BHPian

The workshop still hasn't called me back . I hope they haven't been test driving my car for the 17 hours!!!
CarsPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2009, 10:24   #107
Senior - BHPian

Why dont you personally go to the workshop without informing them and see what state the car is in??. In that way you can check their intent and check whether the fiat manager is bluffing.
Dont forget to take the camera. If you can take a couple of pics of car in bad shape and not still completed service you can mail to higher authorities and threaten them to take them to task in court of law.
geeash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2009, 10:25   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarsPG View Post
The workshop still hasn't called me back . I hope they haven't been test driving my car for the 17 hours!!!
May God bless your car
Such a long drive? If he has gone for it then atleast its ok but if he is saying lies and car is at workshop then he deserves to get some nice abuses.

Is he not picking up your phone now? I know you are fed up but give him a call one more time and tell him to honestly tell you the truth,
My request is to personally visit the workshop now and see what the hell are they saying and doing.
17 hours drive , at this place he will go to Sri lanka soon with your car.

Last edited by coolboy007 : 13th June 2009 at 10:26.
coolboy007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2009, 11:33   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alstonvaz View Post
CarsPG, why don't you try Pandit Automobiles. They seem to be better at handling FIAT issues. Have a friend who has a Palio and is happy with Pandit Auto. Their workshop is at Tilak Road.
That's what I might have to do from next time. I doubt it will make a difference though since Tata/Fiat people are involved in my case and still my car is gone since Monday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
Why dont you personally go to the workshop without informing them and see what state the car is in??. In that way you can check their intent and check whether the fiat manager is bluffing.
Dont forget to take the camera. If you can take a couple of pics of car in bad shape and not still completed service you can mail to higher authorities and threaten them to take them to task in court of law.
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
May God bless your car
Such a long drive? If he has gone for it then atleast its ok but if he is saying lies and car is at workshop then he deserves to get some nice abuses.

Is he not picking up your phone now? I know you are fed up but give him a call one more time and tell him to honestly tell you the truth,
My request is to personally visit the workshop now and see what the hell are they saying and doing.
17 hours drive , at this place he will go to Sri lanka soon with your car.
I will surely visit the workshop today and see what the heck is going on. Hate to say this but don't think Fiat will suceed in India. They just don't have what it takes. I'm wondering if I should cut my losses and sell the car. I can probably get Rs. 8 L OTR for it so a loss of Rs. 1 L but at least I will have piece of mind!
Old 13th June 2009, 13:23   #110
BHPian

Quote:

Hate to say this but don't think Fiat will suceed in India. They just don't have what it takes. I'm wondering if I should cut my losses and sell the car. I can probably get Rs. 8 L OTR for it so a loss of Rs. 1 L but at least I will have piece of mind!
Dude thats a Big Statement to make ! I have complete sympathy with you and can understand what you are going through.

However i I dont agree that FIAT will fail with the Linea! The Linea is just growing on me every day i am driving it and i love her every bit and my complain levels on TASS is literally Zero ! Incidentally , i have done a almost 3500 km in 45 days and enjoy every moment of my experience . She is just an awesome piece of machine . Just hoping that you tide over this present problem of yours and start enjoying the wonderful car.
FastLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2009, 13:32   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I will surely visit the workshop today and see what the heck is going on
Dont call them and go. Visit them as a surprise and ask them to show the car. Only then you can catch them redhanded.
geeash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2009, 13:38   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hate to say this but don't think Fiat will suceed in India. They just don't have what it takes. I'm wondering if I should cut my losses and sell the car. I can probably get Rs. 8 L OTR for it so a loss of Rs. 1 L but at least I will have piece of mind!
Fiat will succeed or not is an alltogether different thing as out of atleast 20 reviews only you are having problems and workshop isnt able to solve them.

As i said before possibility of producing "lemons" in a factory is less but still they are made accidentaly and if you have got one going to workshops to remove such niggles wont help you.
You would have to take some pain, collect documents, sms records, job sheets, contact members who have fought with companies to get brand new cars instead of faulty ones eg is here of Mad monkeys ford fiesta
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...cs-pg-5-a.html (Ford Fiesta 1.4D ZXi Ownership Woes. EDIT : REPLACEMENT FIESTA. Pics on Pg. 5)

Page 5 is a photo of his new fiesta.
Or else if you dont want to fight the company and have no time for such things then there is no other alternative to booking loss and selling the car. Loss will be more than 1 lac i think in any case, i was getting a ANHC 2500 kms for 70k less so i think you will have to book more loss.

Linea is a good car but seems you got a lemon, have poor workshops in your area and every bad bit. Opendro also owns a MJD and has completed 8000 kms by now, not a single complaint of any rattle.
Buddy believe me you would have only 2 options left now, fight the company or book loss, wish is yours.

P.S MODS, you must have some info on how to go about this replacement fiasco as you have helped other owners in the past. If CARSPG wishes to fight with the company please help him out

Here are some related threads
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/owning...ctive-car.html (ARTICLE: What to do if you are stuck with a lemon (Defective car))

Last edited by coolboy007 : 13th June 2009 at 13:41.
Old 13th June 2009, 13:54   #113
BHPian

@CarsPG - Your experience is really holding me back from buying GP/Linea, at least I should postpone purchase for some more time till I hear from you that your car is back in shape and doing well.

Come to think of it, I could have bought my car from the same dealer as he is close to my place. Now I will surely avoid that.

Getting car replaced in India sounds lie a fiction to me, given the kind of service we experience here. GTO could have been an exception given his knowledge of cars, stature as the owner of largest car related forum. I doubt if other people can fight and win this in India, but then I'd be only too glad to be proved wrong.
manish7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2009, 14:05   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish7 View Post
@CarsPG - Your experience is really holding me back from buying GP/Linea, at least I should postpone purchase for some more time till I hear from you that your car is back in shape and doing well.

Getting car replaced in India sounds lie a fiction to me, given the kind of service we experience here. GTO could have been an exception given his knowledge of cars, stature as the owner of largest car related forum.
I have already mentioned a thread wherein a member who got a new fiesta for his fault one and neither he was owner of Team BHO nor in a panel of moderators. Replacing a Merc C class is no small deal and even Fiesta Diesel SXI is not a small deal (member and not a mod).
People in india dont move to consumer court, i agree the process is slow but courts are biased towards consumers and not these manufacturers, most of the results are in favour of consumers only.

I dont have much hope in his Linea as seems workshop hasnt been able to get it back to shape. Rattles are virtually impossible to remove once they creep in. Am surprised as to why only his car's got so many rattles and problems, maybe its the intial lot, me and my friend both bought a petrol Linea and not a single rattle or plastic issue has come so far in both of our cars.

I hope Carspg case is one off case and soon all threads dont come up with rattling issues
Especially yesterday took my car to a broken stretch in dwarka to check for any rattle with AC and Audio off and there wasnt a single one, car was silent barring the road noise.
Old 13th June 2009, 14:14   #115
BHPian

coolboy007,

I hope the same! However I would like to say that while others have not had the same quantum of problems that I have had many of this forum have faced issues as well. The worse part is that you have to escalate matters before things get done!
Old 13th June 2009, 14:48   #116
BHPian

carspg,
I have full sympathy for your problems, but you should not give up on Linea/Fiat. We all know initial production cars have niggles and maybe yours has a few more than usual. Hope things sort out soon.

That being said, I feel your dealer isn't doing proper service.
Case in point: My car's bumper color was mismatched. I didn't have to escalate to anyone. The service centre took responsibility -> they only emailed Fiat about the problem -> got the confirmation that they can repaint under warranty -> That's it.

Please be patient. Fiat/TATA seemingly are making a genuine effort to improve, just that old habits seem to die hard.

Quote:
The worse part is that you have to escalate matters before things get done!
neotraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2009, 15:01   #117
Senior - BHPian

I dont think one should give up on fiat or tata, they are helping out but as i said in my thread, some service centres are very poor (personal experience), have planned to send this mail to ceo and top officials of tata fiat

Dear Mr Rajeev Kapoor,

I am a proud owner of a FIAT Linea emotion pack 1.4 and also a member of Team BHP (Team-BHP - The Definitive Indian Car Community - Home) which is India's biggest automotive forum with 47,691 members. I have noticed that Fiat-Tata are helpless in servicing or removing faults from Linea cars. The complaints regarding Linea are increasing day by day and as a result sales figures for Linea have come down to around 1000 units from significant 1500-1700 units in starting months. My own friend from Pune is having a lot of problems with his Fiat Linea 1.3 MJD ( http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ng-wait-7.html). Here is a link to his thread and his helpless posts reflect what he is going through driving around in an Indica car for a week after spending 9 lacs on a Linea.

May i know why Fiat is not helping out its customers? I dont think your responsibility ends as soon as the car exits the factory, if Tata is not taking care why is fiat not able to help out or work out something for its customers. The member in his own words has stated that " Hate to say this but don't think Fiat will suceed in India. They just don't have what it takes. I'm wondering if I should cut my losses and sell the car. I can probably get Rs. 8 L OTR for it so a loss of Rs. 1 L but at least I will have piece of mind!"

This is the frustration level that one man is facing after not buying a Toyota and believing in FIAT that this time things will change. Fiat has broken the trust and i wonder whether anyone in his good state of mind would buy a Linea after going through all these posts regarding so many problems in 1 car. Its a shame that every customer has to escalate the issues to you or Mr. Mangesh to get things sorted out which shouldnt happen. Why are Tata service engineers so incompetent and unproffesional? Fiat was almost dead in India but Linea showed me and some other Linea owners like me that things will change for good but am sorry to say that old habits never die and this type of customer service is not expected by a person who spends his harn earned money on buying something.

All this bad publicity will not help Fiat and nor us Fiat owners who took the risk and still plunged in with our decision to buy a Fiat as we believed in you and your company. Dont you think you are betraying Linea customers who believed in Fiat by not providing them basic services. Punto is getting ready for launch and i dont know whether you have time to even read my mail but my only advise to you is to change and provide some services to your customers. I tell you this as a Linea owner myself as i care for my car and its manufacturer and dont want Linea and Punto to end like other Fiats which were killed by poor servicing and lack of spares. Bad word of mouth is not good for any co. especially Fiat which has to make up for what it has done in the past. Already on TEAM BHP people have started saying that they love Punto but seeing how Fiat deals with its customers they dont want to buy one. Please do something for this member's car and tell others that Fiat cares for its people and set a good example.

HERE ARE SOME THREADS ON THE FORUM
1. Niggling Linea issues - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ea-issues.html
This thread has already had 5621 views from people and all bad things about LINEA which tata-fiat should try correcting in newer batches.

2. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ng-wait-7.html
Thread about poor man who is facing all issues in his Linea and tata not helping him out. Read last 2 pages to know his plight. Views 9000 + people have seen this thread.

Its bad that Fiat is not giving consumer services so early in its new car's life, i feel afraid as to what will happen after warranty and what will happen to my car if it develops any problem.

Regards
Sudarshan Sharma

Fiat Linea 1.4 Emotion pack
DL 9C Q xxxx
New Delhi
981853xxxx
Memeber who is having troubles (too many rattles) ,

Name : Mr. Piyush

Chasis number : xxxxxx

Will send this to tata-fiat soon.

Last edited by coolboy007 : 13th June 2009 at 15:02.
Old 13th June 2009, 15:16   #118
BHPian

Looks good, thanks! Let me know if you receive any response.
Old 13th June 2009, 15:19   #119
BANNED

Hey guys, cool down. You don't need to defend. CarPG is perfectly right & he has every right to feel frustrated & say what he has mentioned. Put yourself in his shoes & you'll understand how painful it gets. Instead of coming out with lots of good experiences, praises etc, why not to see how Fiat resolves it (on that front they have yet not done it satisfactorily). Though they made attempts but how much the attempts counts if there are no results.

Go on CarPG & don't remain patient till either the issues resolved or the car is replaced. Your case (& probably my case also, we being initial Linea-owners) is going to be closely watched by all here & how its going to get handled.
VahanPujari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2009, 15:26   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Looks good, thanks! Let me know if you receive any response.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Hey guys, cool down. You don't need to defend. CarPG is perfectly right & he has every right to feel frustrated & say what he has mentioned. Put yourself in his shoes & you'll understand how painful it gets. Instead of coming out with lots of good experiences, praises etc, why not to see how Fiat resolves it (on that front they have yet not done it satisfactorily).
Piyush,
So you are ok with the mail na? Ok am sending it to ceo fiat. If they dont respond i will myself write sweet words here.
You going to workshop in evening? How the hell that idiot is not picking up your phone?

VP,
Thats what am doing, will send this mail to CEO and also ask my friend who is a prospectice Punto buyer to do same tell FIAT that people read such posts and their minds change when they read such horrible experiences.

VP, anyways here even if 4 people write good reviews about anything and 1 bad one comes people get cautioned and i know what Piyush is going through so trying to help him with all my might.

EDIT : 3:37 pm have sent above mails to Ceo Fiat Mangesh and tatamotors and now awaiting the response.

Last edited by coolboy007 : 13th June 2009 at 15:38.