Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 12th April 2009, 20:27   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sps View Post
nice decision sankar, i10 with kappa. yummy and i can imagine how it will fly in your hands.
will be easy on your pocket too. hyundai reliability, fit and finish is top class.
Hehe... no flying.. sedate family car

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipstream View Post
@sankar : Thats one hell of a deal...The OTR for the Kappa Sportz (Metallic Shade) in Chennai is 4.75. Thats a whopping 35k discount you've managed ! Or is the OTR in TVM lower ? I've managed a 24k discount from OTR price here in Chennai (for all models) & that too after pulling a few strings at the dealer's end.

Do post a pic of your ride once you get it on hand
OTR here is 4.6chillar, might be lower than TN coz of the low tax. We got 23k discount plus few dealer freebies, that's all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Congratz on the new buy Sankar, But why not spend a lil extra and go for the Asta model, it comes with a lotta goodies extra like ABS and airbags rite??
Jay, the Asta model fully loaded will cost a lot more. If not for the leg space we would've bought the AStar ZXI. All the right goodies and fits in the budget. Plus it handles better too, engine is not bad either with respectable highway top speed figures. Features are important but should fit in budget.
Sankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2009, 20:41   #17
Senior - BHPian

Congrats sankar , no more bike things :( . One more bites the dust .
Post plenty of pics of the kappa .
black12rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2009, 20:48   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
Congrats sankar , no more bike things :( . One more bites the dust .
Post plenty of pics of the kappa .
Come on man... i still have the Karizma! I haven't quit biking and is actively involved in finding ways to make it non stock LOL

Thanks i'll post the pics when i get the car.
Old 12th April 2009, 20:50   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
FPaid accessories include front fog lamps to complete the front end look, and complete floor waterproof carpeting.
Congrats Sankar on the i10 Kappa. I just happed to read in one of your post that you paid 3900 for the fog lamps. Did you go for the OEM fog lamps or were they after market ones. MGF Hyundai in kottayam quoted me 3K for the fog lamps and Trident Hyundai in bangalore 5K for the same. I was just wondering how could the prices vary in different cities. Please do post some pics of your i10.

Happy Driving !!
jango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2009, 21:00   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jango View Post
Congrats Sankar on the i10 Kappa. I just happed to read in one of your post that you paid 3900 for the fog lamps. Did you go for the OEM fog lamps or were they after market ones. MGF Hyundai in kottayam quoted me 3K for the fog lamps and Trident Hyundai in bangalore 5K for the same. I was just wondering how could the prices vary in different cities. Please do post some pics of your i10.

Happy Driving !!
Thanks jango. 3900 is what was quoted, and i think it's for the OEM fog lamps but i didn't confirm whether those are OEM since i didn't think they would sell aftermarket foglamps at Hyundai. Do they?
Old 12th April 2009, 21:38   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks jango. 3900 is what was quoted, and i think it's for the OEM fog lamps but i didn't confirm whether those are OEM since i didn't think they would sell aftermarket foglamps at Hyundai. Do they?
I don't think Hyundai would sell aftermarket fog lamps, they have to be OEM but i do see a difference in price across cities .

Do check the price of the OEM foglamp in bangalore by clicking the link below

Trident Hyundai
Old 13th April 2009, 19:33   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I don't think Hyundai would sell aftermarket fog lamps, they have to be OEM but i do see a difference in price across cities .

Do check the price of the OEM foglamp in bangalore by clicking the link below

Trident Hyundai
Yep there is a huge difference Does tax rates between states make this much of a difference? Let me check out the rate of fog lamps at other Hyundai dealers in KL.
Old 13th April 2009, 20:35   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Yep there is a huge difference Does tax rates between states make this much of a difference? Let me check out the rate of fog lamps at other Hyundai dealers in KL.
Not sure about the tax factor, BTW MGF, Kottyam quoted me 3K. Now i give you yet another reason to drive your i10 to kottayam from Tvl, get the fog lamp fixed from MGF and fill petrol for the remaining 900 bucks
Old 13th April 2009, 20:55   #24
Team-BHP Support

Congrats Sankara. I definitely see certain hidden signs for the future.

What next? An ultra-dark tint, extra-cushioned rear seats and stiff rear suspension for that lesser bounce ? And a "Horn Broke, Watch For Finger" bumper sticker?

Last edited by theMAG : 13th April 2009 at 21:50.
theMAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2009, 21:10   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post

What next? An ultra-dark tint, extra-cushioned rear seats and stiff rear suspension for that lesser bounce ?
'

What for Maggie ;; )

My only suggestion is 175-185 tyres.

Last edited by theMAG : 13th April 2009 at 21:20.
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2009, 21:35   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post

What for Maggie ;; )
When notorious bikers stop boozing suddenly, strive hard to be known as a good boy by neighbors/relatives/friends, become domesticated, cross-over from their passionate bikes to an (ugh) car for the first time in their lives in their late 20s to the point where they start stripping it and transferring parts to this new entrant, it can only mean one thing.
theMAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2009, 22:28   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Not sure about the tax factor, BTW MGF, Kottyam quoted me 3K. Now i give you yet another reason to drive your i10 to kottayam from Tvl, get the fog lamp fixed from MGF and fill petrol for the remaining 900 bucks
Which brand is that man, the ones i saw here are Lumax? Anyways i'm going to point out to them this difference in price! I'll have to find out Cochin rates too just for comparison.

Quote:

What next? An ultra-dark tint, extra-cushioned rear seats and stiff rear suspension for that lesser bounce ? And a "Horn Broke, Watch For Finger" bumper sticker?
Thank you Mr Magnificent! But what hidden signs.. there are no hidden signs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
'

What for Maggie ;; )

My only suggestion is 175-185 tyres.
For better 'handling'... Hehehe
Tyres too... for better handling.

Quote:
When notorious bikers stop boozing suddenly, strive hard to be known as a good boy by neighbors/relatives/friends, become domesticated, cross-over from their passionate bikes to an (ugh) car for the first time in their lives in their late 20s to the point where they start stripping it and transferring parts to this new entrant, it can only mean one thing.
Hmm... good ol' days.. Lol
Old 13th April 2009, 22:41   #28
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the purchase.My Cousin bought a santro zing from popular hyundai(mvpa) a month back and the experience was quiet ok as he claims.
deepclutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2009, 22:59   #29
Team-BHP Support

Congrats on the i10Kappa purchase. It's a nice cute car and perfectly suited for city driving.

AFAIC, Hyundai always provides great customer experience be it while buying the car or while maintaining the same.

Welcome to the club !!!
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2009, 08:33   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Time to update this thread. We got our 10 the previous Wednesday

1) There's a decent amount of space inside.
2) AC is pretty good and chills the compartment rather fast (compared to our Previous car which was a Zen Vxi).
3) Engine is sweet.. it loves to revv, peppy and powerful for a small car.
4) Ride is stiffer (compared to a Santro) and bit bouncy at the back on bad roads.
5) Handling is better than a Santro
6) Controls are not too sensitive like in a Santro. I felt the Santro brakes are over servoed.
7) Cabin built quality seems very good and no rattles yet.
8) Skinny OE tyres are confidence draining
9) Integrated Stereo and the 4 speakers sounds much better than i thought!! That's a surprise. I was expecting tinny flat noise but it's way better. Much better.
Attached Thumbnails
Booked: EDIT-Delivered: Hyundai i10 Kappa Sportz-dsc01122.jpg  

Booked: EDIT-Delivered: Hyundai i10 Kappa Sportz-dsc01114.jpg  

Booked: EDIT-Delivered: Hyundai i10 Kappa Sportz-dsc01101.jpg  

Booked: EDIT-Delivered: Hyundai i10 Kappa Sportz-dsc01119.jpg  

Booked: EDIT-Delivered: Hyundai i10 Kappa Sportz-dsc01126.jpg  

Last edited by Sankar : 25th April 2009 at 08:47.