Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 24th February 2010, 02:22   #76
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invinsible View Post
I dont think there is opened up in Andheri, its probaly the one from same Autograph group. You could try the JMD at bhandup, Since I new one of the advisor well I opted to go all the way there from Juhu. Got friendly with the Manager too. However this was the 1st time I was using JMD for service where I had got all the other service done at Autobahn without any issues. I found the service charges for other job to be little bit more compared to Autobahn. However JMD sales sucks. They not as good in communication.
Autograph is different and not authorized by Skoda. I did get a call from JMD last month informing the opening of the new service center.

I agree JMD sales sucks! I had a good enough experience the first time but second time was a headache !
Sahil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2010, 12:37   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Autograph is different and not authorized by Skoda. I did get a call from JMD last month informing the opening of the new service center.

I agree JMD sales sucks! I had a good enough experience the first time but second time was a headache !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Invinsible View Post
I dont think there is opened up in Andheri, its probaly the one from same Autograph group. You could try the JMD at bhandup, Since I new one of the advisor well I opted to go all the way there from Juhu. Got friendly with the Manager too. However this was the 1st time I was using JMD for service where I had got all the other service done at Autobahn without any issues. I found the service charges for other job to be little bit more compared to Autobahn. However JMD sales sucks. They not as good in communication.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Btw, JMD does have a new workshop now near Saki Naka Andheri I believe. So depending on your location you can drop off the car.

Do give us a break down of the service cost.
I have clocked 10,500KMS on the ODO and in the service manual it was mentioned that the car need to be serviced at 10,000KMs.I went to JMD in Saki naka and the service advisor told me that they have changed the service schedule to 15,000KMS.
The guys at JMD were very cooperative and I personally know the manager called Freddy over there.
First service costs 9,500.
Will be putting the car for first service after two months time.
However every morning when I switch on the ignition it shows me an alarm SERVICE NOW.Which is very annoying.
kedarwalke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2010, 12:39   #78
BHPian

@Sahil any mos/upgrade on your superb??
Old 4th March 2010, 14:23   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedarwalke View Post
@Sahil any mos/upgrade on your superb??
Nope. It's stock like the rest of my cars.

And I don't think I want to mess around with it, it generates enough power for a 1800cc engine.
Sahil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2010, 14:39   #80
BHPian

Quote:
First service costs 9,500.
That seems quite alright. My car isn't even 3 months old and its done 5k kms. Is the service interval for petrol's and diesels the same? Don't diesels require more frequent servicing? JMD @ Saki naka is probably the place I'm gonna service my baby since its close to my office in Andheri (E).
holysmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2010, 21:51   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by holysmoke View Post
That seems quite alright. My car isn't even 3 months old and its done 5k kms. Is the service interval for petrol's and diesels the same? Don't diesels require more frequent servicing? JMD @ Saki naka is probably the place I'm gonna service my baby since its close to my office in Andheri (E).
Yes JMD at Saki naka,you have to take an immediate right after the main 90 feet rd signal.I ve my office at Mahakali rd in Andheri eastThe workshop is not that big but its decent.For the pterol version its 15k.You can speak to the service advisor called Karthik on 9867503113.
Hope that helps.
Old 30th June 2010, 17:00   #82
BHPian

I was charged Rs 10,000 for the first free service.They changed the engine oil and oil filter.I think I could had done that under 4K with helix ultra from a local service station!!!!

10K for the free service is rediculous!!!!
Old 30th June 2010, 18:26   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by f450 View Post
I remember reading somewhere that the car comes with a hard drive/memory card slot...Can you explain how do they work? Especially with the hard drive, how do you put songs onto it? And what's the capacity?
SD card is the way to go. Get at least Class 4 (for faster download) and 8 MB. Since I had already downloaded my CDs to Itune, I converted these to MP3 on the computer and then downloaded these to the SD card. I now have more than 900 songs on the card with space for at least 600 more.
ivar1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2010, 18:30   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was charged Rs 10,000 for the first free service.They changed the engine oil and oil filter.I think I could had done that under 4K with helix ultra from a local service station!!!!

10K for the free service is rediculous!!!!
And you paid???
No wonder Skoda gets away with their shoddy business - either their customers are too rich to care or too naive to understand what thing should cost how much :-(
anandpadhye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2010, 14:39   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
And you paid???
No wonder Skoda gets away with their shoddy business - either their customers are too rich to care or too naive to understand what thing should cost how much :-(
The definition of *FREE* service is - labour charges are free.

10k is a bit too much, but filter and oil changes for the Laura are ~ 7k.

unless the superb drinks some more oil
babhishek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2010, 19:14   #86
BHPian

Default Breakdown

Hey all,

Just a small update.I had been to Shirdi yesterday morning.When I reached suudenly the coolant lamp came on on the cluster panel.It said Check Coolant level in MID.I immediatley pulled the car and found out thate there is a minor leak in the flexible hose pipe of the coolant.This crack in the hose pipe was a result of friction between the flexible hose pipe and some fibre part inside the bonet.I called up mumbai jmd skoda and they asked me to contact nashik Healk autoI called up Nashik Skoda and asked him if the part was available with him,but unfortunately it was out of stock and I had no option but to take my baby to a local garage.He saw the leak and tried to fix it by stick fast and fevi fit,and I was asured that nothing would go wrong.
But within one hour it all got drained out.After that i refilled and kept the rev constant and somehow have reached Mumbai.Also my fog lamps are not working and there is an error sign on the instrument cluster for the lights.I am so frustated.

I hope jmd replaces the Hose pipe and the fog lights free of cost.

Will check up tomorrow and update.
Old 5th September 2010, 19:23   #87
BHPian

All the best and hope Skoda replaces both of them free of cost. They will, since the reason was because of friction, which should not have happened in the first place, and not your fault.

Do keep us all updated.
krish3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2010, 16:12   #88
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
It said Check Coolant level in MID.I immediatley pulled the car and found out thate there is a minor leak in the flexible hose pipe of the coolant.This crack in the hose pipe was a result of friction between the flexible hose pipe and some fibre part inside the bonet.I called up mumbai jmd skoda and they asked me to contact nashik Healk autoI called up Nashik Skoda and asked him if the part was available with him,but unfortunately it was out of stock and I had no option but to take my baby to a local garage.He saw the leak and tried to fix it by stick fast and fevi fit,and I was asured that nothing would go wrong.
That just plain sucks! Either ways, I hope its replaced for free under warranty (it should) and your car doesn't give you any other trouble. The Germans are built for highway runs, thus reliability is of paramount importance.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2010, 16:18   #89
Team-BHP Support

Now watch how skoda blames your aftermarket music system for the electrical failure.

Sorry to hear about it.
Akshay1234 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2010, 21:21   #90
BHPian

Today I came back from Goa after 4 days,when I tried unlocking my superb the car didnt unlock.After panicking,I searched T-bhp and searched the forum to unlock the car manually and it helped.
I will charge the battery tomorrow morning.Just a question to the techies,did the battery drain because i put a aftermarket HU and amplifier?

Last edited by kedarwalke : 14th September 2010 at 21:25.