Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 20th October 2009, 20:44   #61
Senior - BHPian

Mohnish,

Thanks much for the update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohnish View Post
1. Transmission Control Module (TCM) was replaced on account of a TSB recall by M&M.
Did this change the AT behavior or was just a replacement because the part was faulty.

Quote:
Correction: I had previously posted (on this thread) that there was no roll back feature in the AT g/b. I am wrong, there is a roll back feature.
When you say roll back feature, I am assuming that you imply "hill holding"

Quote:
I have not added / altered anything on the vehicle as that would possibly void my warranty (4years/1Lkms).
Did they give you extended warranty for this one ? Here in Bangalore dealers are not giving extended warranty for AT version.
hondadude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2009, 21:11   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondadude View Post
...Thanks much for the update.
Very welcome and my apologies for the delay.
Quote:
...Did this change the AT behavior or was just a replacement because the part was faulty...
On one occassion the AT went into "limp" mode (where it retains the last selected gear). It self corrected on shut down and restart and did not reccur, much like our windows OS software!!! This being a software glitch in the TCM and apparently the reason for recall. Its possibly been sorted out in the new mighty muscular and possibly the recall would not be applicable to it.
Quote:
When you say roll back feature, I am assuming that you imply "hill holding"...
Yes.
Quote:
Did they give you extended warranty for this one ? Here in Bangalore dealers are not giving extended warranty for AT version.
I went in for the "older" model (not the mighty muscular). The extended warranty was available for the "older" model and not for the new mighty muscular one. This was one of the reasons for me to select the "older" model other than the fact that I "like" older shape and delivery was instant against a wait of 12 - 16 weeks for the mighty. So all in all, I got the vehicle I wanted in the colour I wanted and got delivery immediately.

Last edited by Mohnish : 20th October 2009 at 21:15.
Mohnish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2009, 21:21   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
On one occassion the AT went into "limp" mode (where it retains the last selected gear). It self corrected on shut down and restart and did not reccur, much like our windows OS software!!! This being a software glitch in the TCM and apparently the reason for recall. Its possibly been sorted out in the new mighty muscular and possibly the recall would not be applicable to it.
Aha! Thanks for the explanation.

Quote:
I went in for the "older" model (not the mighty muscular). The extended warranty was available for the "older" model and not for the new mighty muscular one.
I hope they start offering for the new one as well.
Old 20th October 2009, 21:36   #64
Senior - BHPian

great machine/engine/AT etc marred by the lousiest ride as speeds build, I feel nervous driving this car anything above 80. She is one car I cannot trust myself in and feel I will end up in a gruesome crash in one day. I used a Safari for 5 years (80K) done 160kmph top speed on my safari
canonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2009, 15:33   #65
BHPian

Quote:

The dealer here has quoted here the price for Extended Warranty for the new one - Rs 9999/- and that means its available. It must be purchased within 60 days of delivery of the Car.
shatrughna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2009, 15:39   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatrughna View Post
The dealer here has quoted here the price for Extended Warranty for the new one - Rs 9999/- and that means its available. It must be purchased within 60 days of delivery of the Car.
That is good to hear, how about 4x4 AT ?
Old 28th October 2009, 16:38   #67
BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
That is good to hear, how about 4x4 AT ?
yes Sir. Its for 4wd AT as well. The price for EW for any version is same.
shatrughna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2009, 20:50   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatrughna View Post
"Here" would be Mumbai or DXB? In Mumbai I was clearly told by the Dealership in March 09 that it was not available for the new shape.
Mohnish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2009, 22:36   #69
BHPian

Is it true that the AC switches off when car halts like at a red light due to micro hybrid design? And how are you coping with it...
sbhasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2009, 09:09   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbhasin View Post
Is it true that the AC switches off when car halts like at a red light due to micro hybrid design? And how are you coping with it...
the car has a switch which can switch off this feature.
raj_5004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2009, 09:18   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbhasin View Post
Micro hybrid is available only in manual transmission. This thread is about AT Scorpio. Besides, as Raj mentioned this feature can be turned off.
Old 9th November 2009, 20:15   #72
BHPian

Refer to the Audio system available in the M Hawk Scorpio VLX & above , we can still retain the steering controls provided we spend 7K INR for a sensor which actually can be connected to any head unit on the Scorpio . The ICE vendor i met in Kormangala said this can be done . Many of us who plan to buy VLX or above always think twice to change the HU as we loose control on the steering wheel .
Ranga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2009, 13:11   #73
BHPian

Quote:
"Here" would be Mumbai or DXB? In Mumbai I was clearly told by the Dealership in March 09 that it was not available for the new shape.
Mohnish,

Please give us a user experience after your 6+ months with the Scorpio AT. Really looking forward to hear the goods and the bads with the experience.
ananth_iy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2009, 13:56   #74
Senior - BHPian

post no 60 has a fairly good update.
Old 19th November 2009, 14:06   #75
Senior - BHPian

Monish, i went through all the 5 pages and didn't find pic of your best apart from the link which had 3 snaps and you had promised to post some interior pic as you had done some modifications.
shishir_bn is offline   Reply With Quote