Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 23rd April 2009, 09:55   #46
BHPian

Thanks on the Info!! Here is what I checked fromn yesterday till this morning.

Back home while the parked yesterday night the DTE was 197

This morning when I started DTE was 203

The first 4 to 5kms the DTE fell drastically from 203 to 182.

I reached office, total kms 22 ... DTE at 165. So if I compare to yesterday count to today while I parked at office the DTE is 32kms for the real distance travelled was 22kms.

I travel all the time with A/c and no ripping this morning

Any comments?
nityanand.s.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2009, 10:13   #47
Senior - BHPian

Gosh, that is a hell of a lot of fluctuation. I remember getting such fluctuations in the initial months, but later it reduced.
What I meant is not to go by daily readings of the DTE, but by the average reading--you can get this only when you tank up.
Nevertheless, you can get this checked up during service. But you can never get day to day accurate readings---only the average is reliable.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2009, 11:02   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nityanand.s.s View Post
Thanks on the Info!! Here is what I checked fromn yesterday till this morning.

Back home while the parked yesterday night the DTE was 197

This morning when I started DTE was 203

The first 4 to 5kms the DTE fell drastically from 203 to 182.

I reached office, total kms 22 ... DTE at 165. So if I compare to yesterday count to today while I parked at office the DTE is 32kms for the real distance travelled was 22kms.

I travel all the time with A/c and no ripping this morning

Any comments?
Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Gosh, that is a hell of a lot of fluctuation. I remember getting such fluctuations in the initial months, but later it reduced.
What I meant is not to go by daily readings of the DTE, but by the average reading--you can get this only when you tank up.
Nevertheless, you can get this checked up during service. But you can never get day to day accurate readings---only the average is reliable.
Nithya, I agree with Venu that you can get an accurate reading. Remember the DTE is based on your last 5 minutes of driving so in the morning if you were driving in a bumper to bumper traffic then it could be the reason for it to come down.

Another thing to remember is that the FE during initial days would be slightly erratic and would only stabilise after 2nd service - 10k kms.
MileCruncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2009, 11:16   #49
BHPian

Looks like the "DTE" meter is finally getting settled !! This morning there wasn't any drop / huge fluctuation after my refill yesterday.

From the initial refills the FE looks to be around 10

Update on changes:

I did get my the original Ford mats last Thursday

Also got it checked as I was feeling there was a drag towards one side. There wasn't any issue.

-Nitya
Old 29th May 2009, 11:24   #50
BHPian

Mods : Please edit the thread subject with: Update 3000kms

Finally got some time to write my experience with my New Car. Its been 45 days since I have got the Fiesta and its wonderful experience.

Below are the updates:
Car and Color : The 1.6S is something different from other Fiesta with Color, Alloys and Spoiler.

Experience: Very comfortable. Drove 1700kms from HYD to VIZAG and back with 4 people onboard. Absolutely no change in power. Even travelled to Tyda and Borra caves. The power pull was amazing. Will write travelogue over the weekend

Speed: Was trying much to keep it around 110 to 120kms on the 4 lane highway. But still revved couple of times to 160+ as wanted to match up the speed when I was overtaken by Pajero and Laura. They were crusing at around 180+. The engine responds to the speed to easily that its never felt its over used

Brakes: Awesome. The ABS kicks in very neat.

A/C: Worked pretty well in Vizag. But somehow I felt the performace was low while I was climbimg up the Tyda Hills. I felt the cold air blowing was intermittent. Not sure if anybody's faced this

Scratches : 1 - On the Rear Left door 1.5inch long. Some biker scraped it while it was parked
Mileage: Could not check Mileage in long distance. Getting 11kms in the City

+ Points:
Seating Comfort,
Power,
Interiors
Music System
Effeciency

Steering not smooth as expected. Reason might be 15" tyres. Road variations can be felt

Overall excellent experience with the car. Really impressed with effeciency and power.
Attached Thumbnails
Go Fida ... My new Ford Fiesta 1.6S ..Aquarius Blue-p1000801.jpg  

Old 29th May 2009, 12:16   #51
BHPian

Nice picture there!!

Quote:
But somehow I felt the performace was low while I was climbimg up the Tyda Hills. I felt the cold air blowing was intermittent. Not sure if anybody's faced this
I too have this feel when it's being revved hard, I think this happens to give that extra power to the engine by cutting off the AC.
sathee46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2009, 12:23   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathee46 View Post
Nice picture there!!

I too have this feel when it's being revved hard, I think this happens to give that extra power to the engine by cutting off the AC.

How about road variations feeling on the Steering wheel?
Old 29th May 2009, 12:57   #53
Senior - BHPian

Nice pic---which part of Vizag was it?
Not sure about the Steering wheel---I don't have that issue on my car
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2009, 15:52   #54
BHPian

Quote:
How about road variations feeling on the Steering wheel?
I had asked the same question in my intial ownership thread, The reply i got
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Eddy View Post
All Fiestas have steering setups with loads of feedback from the road. With the stiffer suspension on the S, I noticed it translated to even more feedback.. with the side-effect that the steering wheel was easily pushed from side to side by irregularities on the road.
The steering feel is a bit heavy, but its well weighted and balanced throughout the entire turning circle.
Our steering being an hydraulic assist, it's normal and helps a lot in high speeds.
sathee46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2009, 12:51   #55
BHPian

@Sathee46: Thanks on the Info!!

@Vnabhi: Its Rishikonda Beach. Instead of parking at the back of the Shops, I opened a gate (thats generally allowed for Ice cream selling vendors) and drove as much closer to the beach.
Old 29th October 2009, 11:06   #56
BHPian

One issue in the Car tyre:

Obersved bubble on the left rear tyre 3 weeks ago but as my Car was in Bangalore I could go to the service showroom only yesterday.

They will be sending it to Good year today and looks like it will exchanged pretty soon.

Pics attached

Any comments?
Attached Images

Last edited by nityanand.s.s : 29th October 2009 at 11:16.
Old 29th October 2009, 11:31   #57
Senior - BHPian

@nithyanand
So you parked your beauty near the fishing boats giving an impression that the car too is waiting for its turn to go to sea ?
Nice scenery - you may not get a chance like this again !
Thanks
nairrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2009, 11:43   #58
BHPian

@nairrk, pretty much. It was a cruiser trip from Hyderabad to Vizag. Thought it might go the same on water (like bond movies)!!

Anyways my recent trip pics to Goa. You might like it. Ferry between Assolna to Cavolossim for 5mins. Cost = Rs7 inclusive of people
Attached Thumbnails
Go Fida ... My new Ford Fiesta 1.6S ..Aquarius Blue-pic1.jpg  

Go Fida ... My new Ford Fiesta 1.6S ..Aquarius Blue-pic2.jpg  

nityanand.s.s is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2009, 11:51   #59
Senior - BHPian

So your beauty already swim (!) across the river (even on board with the help of a cruise) ?
No wonder she was eagerly waiting at the vizag coast, assuming that you would take her to the sea (Joking)

Presume you didnt post this photo earlier ?

Ofcourse, these collections will give you sweet remembrances at later stage
nairrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2009, 12:00   #60
BHPian

@Nairrk, Definately memories !! Especially the Goa was one hec of a trip.

Started from Hyderabad, visited Hampi in between, stayed in Goa for 4 days and then my hometown Kumta (60kms south of Karwar). Then all hell brooke loose due the flooding in North Karnataka as most the roads that I had to travel back was all washed out. So I drove to Bangalore and took flight to reach Hyderabad.