Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2009, 19:00   #181
sdh
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 143
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
Anil,
Jaybharat Hyundai is majorly screwing around. They are doing a Skoda on me (albeit not as bad). I have written a flurry of email communications and ruffled a lot of feathers. I have given them 3 days to respond to me before i put up everything on team bhp. Sent them the skoda link as well. So waiting for their response. If not adequate, i will spill the beans on monday.
Any updates Tejas. Did the issue get addressed?
sdh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2009, 11:05   #182
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bombay
Posts: 1,007
Thanked: 229 Times
Default

For those who are bothered by the dash reflection in the i10, simple entire dash cloth matting is available at any accessory store in different colours with velcro. I got one in grey and not only does the reflection stop, but the AC also improves a bit more.
sandeep108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2009, 11:11   #183
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Tejas@perioimpl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bombay
Posts: 3,969
Thanked: 4,932 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdh View Post
Any updates Tejas. Did the issue get addressed?
I have started a thread on this here:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-skoda-me.html
Tejas@perioimpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2009, 06:09   #184
sdh
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 143
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

My latest FE figures. 8.4 kmpl, tyre pressure was 35psi. I have this time filled 33 psi again as the ride with 35 psi was a bit stiff.
I have also finished my first service. I did oil change which was not part of the service. That costed additional 745 Rs.
I am not sure if right or wrong, I took additional 3rd, 4th and 5th year 100k km extended comprehensive warranty for Rs. 10890.
sdh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2009, 10:29   #185
BHPian
 
anilkalvani's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bandra West, Bombay
Posts: 628
Thanked: 77 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
I have started a thread on this here:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-skoda-me.html
Read your thread dude. Persist with the dealer, don't give up. I had issues with its division Bhavsar Motors where i bought my Logan, but it has closed down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep108 View Post
For those who are bothered by the dash reflection in the i10, simple entire dash cloth matting is available at any accessory store in different colours with velcro. I got one in grey and not only does the reflection stop, but the AC also improves a bit more.
But it spoils the look of the car IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdh View Post
My latest FE figures. 8.4 kmpl, tyre pressure was 35psi. I have this time filled 33 psi again as the ride with 35 psi was a bit stiff.
I have also finished my first service. I did oil change which was not part of the service. That costed additional 745 Rs.
I am not sure if right or wrong, I took additional 3rd, 4th and 5th year 100k km extended comprehensive warranty for Rs. 10890.
Cool, i have now got 8kmpl, tyre pressure 32psi. I have got 3rd year free warranty with my car, so if i want to buy 4th and 5th year warranty how much will it cost? Do you have a break-up?
anilkalvani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2009, 20:47   #186
sdh
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 143
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Here it is:
Option 1 3rd year/60K: 2500
Option 2 3rd and 4th year/80K: 5430
Option 3 only for verna diesel
Option 4 3rd, 4th and 5th year/100K: 10890
Option 5 only for verna petrol
Option 6 4th year 80K if customer has 3rd year/60K: 4550
Option 7 4th and 5th year 100K if customer has 3rd year/60K: 10630
Option 8 5th year 100K if customer has 3rd and 4th year 40K: 7700

So you fall in option 7, and the gain you have against me is 260 bucks. Strange isnt it.
sdh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2009, 11:20   #187
BHPian
 
anilkalvani's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bandra West, Bombay
Posts: 628
Thanked: 77 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdh View Post
Here it is:
Option 1 3rd year/60K: 2500
Option 2 3rd and 4th year/80K: 5430
Option 3 only for verna diesel
Option 4 3rd, 4th and 5th year/100K: 10890
Option 5 only for verna petrol
Option 6 4th year 80K if customer has 3rd year/60K: 4550
Option 7 4th and 5th year 100K if customer has 3rd year/60K: 10630
Option 8 5th year 100K if customer has 3rd and 4th year 40K: 7700

So you fall in option 7, and the gain you have against me is 260 bucks. Strange isnt it.
How funny. Just 260 Rs. difference. But i am thinking of doing it. Nothing is mentioned on their site about extended warranty and what all is covered in the warranty. Wierdo's. Thanks for you input though.
anilkalvani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2009, 11:38   #188
Senior - BHPian
 
trrk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Alleppey, Kerala
Posts: 2,113
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkalvani View Post
Nothing is mentioned on their site about extended warranty and what all is covered in the warranty.
Your warranty booklet usually mentions what is covered and what is not covered. The extended warranty usually covers what your warranty covers.

Did you not get a booklet separately for extended warranty? If you have, it should tell you what is covered. If you don't have, confirm with dealer that it is not needed / what is covered!

Both my vehicles have extended warranty booklets to be used after the regular warranty is over.
trrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2009, 11:42   #189
BHPian
 
anilkalvani's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bandra West, Bombay
Posts: 628
Thanked: 77 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,



Your warranty booklet usually mentions what is covered and what is not covered. The extended warranty usually covers what your warranty covers.

Did you not get a booklet separately for extended warranty? If you have, it should tell you what is covered. If you don't have, confirm with dealer that it is not needed / what is covered!

Both my vehicles have extended warranty booklets to be used after the regular warranty is over.
I have not looked up the book, will do so. And will ask the dealer too what is covered, and whats not covered. Thanks.
anilkalvani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2009, 14:36   #190
sdh
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 143
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

What I have put down is comprehensive waranty. The other optin is engine and maual transmission ony, a bit cheaper, but does not cover auto transmission.
sdh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2009, 15:40   #191
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 6
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Guys,
Some Questions -
1> The I10 beige dashboard/interiors gets dirty pretty soon. How do I clean it? My friendly neighborhood car garage has advised me to use Colin and wipe it with a cloth. Is that OK?
2> During a car wash should I allow them to open the bonnet and spray the entire engine area with water?
3> How effective is under body anti rust coating on cars. Is it absolutely necessary to do it?

Regards
Rahul
rahul95ee17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2009, 12:49   #192
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Tejas@perioimpl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bombay
Posts: 3,969
Thanked: 4,932 Times
Default

Anil, what FE are you getting? My third full tank was again dismal: 6.2. This was after hyundai tuned it for increase FE
Tejas@perioimpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2009, 13:42   #193
BHPian
 
anilkalvani's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bandra West, Bombay
Posts: 628
Thanked: 77 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
Anil, what FE are you getting? My third full tank was again dismal: 6.2. This was after hyundai tuned it for increase FE
On my last tank full (probably 2-3 weeks ago) i got 7.5kmpl, 100% a/c, sedate driving, i have not checked after that, will check again and tell you. 6.2kmpl is bad yaar.
anilkalvani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2009, 15:28   #194
BHPian
 
csnanjappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 272
Thanked: 49 Times
Default

anilkalvani, is under chassis coating necessary for i10 . One of my friends suggested to have this done from the dealer.
csnanjappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2009, 17:13   #195
BHPian
 
anilkalvani's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bandra West, Bombay
Posts: 628
Thanked: 77 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by csnanjappa View Post
anilkalvani, is under chassis coating necessary for i10 . One of my friends suggested to have this done from the dealer.
I don't know if it is necessary. Will ask my dealer when i give my car for the first service.
anilkalvani is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Another automatic in the house - i10 Automatic jesal Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 167 12th August 2011 12:59
Adding to the Hyundai i10 Automatic count - My experience EDIT: 7 month update NevGin Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 61 17th June 2011 16:03
I've got the 'i'..but this time its automatic (Hyundai i10 Sportz AT) deepanonline Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 23 16th September 2009 00:56
Yet Another Hyundai i10 Automatic (w/ Pics) greyoyster Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 24 15th May 2009 13:15


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 23:34.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks