Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 22nd April 2009, 17:45   #16
BHPian

I am thinking of buying Linea. My drive mostly for long trip only and I am very satisfied with Palio, though 3 test ride of multijet linea, I am thinking of going for it. The only concern is the ground clearance, I drove my palio through many rough road without thinking twice. How is the Linea's ground clearance ? Have you ever touch the base ?
pawan_pullarwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2009, 18:06   #17
BHPian

Till now i have had no issues regarding GC. I feel its pretty good.
But then I used to drive a zen which is lower slung than Linea, so maybe my driving style is already adapted to "being careful to avoid bumps".

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan_pullarwar View Post
I am thinking of buying Linea. My drive mostly for long trip only and I am very satisfied with Palio, though 3 test ride of multijet linea, I am thinking of going for it. The only concern is the ground clearance, I drove my palio through many rough road without thinking twice. How is the Linea's ground clearance ? Have you ever touch the base ?
neotraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2009, 12:13   #18
BHPian

Quote:
GC is less, I have already scraped the bottom twice in 2 weeks. Both times, it was not on a speedbreaker, but places where the road was dug up for construction/repair. But it does have a fairly robust sump guard which should take most of the hits.

I do not remember scrapping the bottom of the OHC this frequently. But it has a tyre upsize, not sure if that increased GC.

Gears,
RedOne.
RedOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2009, 12:17   #19
BHPian

Quote:
GC is an issue if you are going to have more than two adults in your Linea most of the time. But if you are slow at bumps etc. then that should take care, does not scrape with each and every bump though.

You might consider upgrading to larger wheels by an inch if your dealer has them.
-xplora- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2009, 04:37   #20

Firstly, congrats on your new car. I guess its true that the linea is the "Looker" among all cars in the Indian market today. probably thats why I have not seen many of these on bangalore roads. I guess the owners are still drooling over them. Come on guys, get them outside a bit more. let us also drool over them.!
mvns84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2009, 20:45   #21
BHPian

Default Some pics as promised...

Went on a drive to Pondy today and clicked some pics enroute. Car is a bit dusty due to that. Highway driving is so much more enjoyable in this car than in the city.

Gears,
Red-One.
Attached Images

Old 26th April 2009, 21:05   #22
Senior - BHPian

Very good review, I'm in fact reading all Linea reviews to get to know what it feels like owning one, maybe someday I will
Lukeskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2009, 21:29   #23
BHPian

Good review. Welcome to the Linea club. Exactly my sentiments about the narrow foot well and getting the feel of the sterring mechanism. Was going to cover that in my next review.

BTW is there an upper cavity in your car's footwell? I found a screw on my foot mat and decided to feel my way through the footwell panelling to find the missing spot. To my surprise I realised that the panelling just runs halfway through and beyond a point there is a cavity where one can actually touch the steering mechanism...is that how your cars are as well or have I got a car with a panel missing? I am referring to the upper wall of the footwell.

Also the manual states that there are Ac vents at the back of the front seats for the rear passengers. I don't seem to ave those. Can anyone confirm their presence? I have a petrol emotion pack with factory fitted upholstery for the seats.

Last edited by pranava999 : 26th April 2009 at 21:32.
pranava999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2009, 21:32   #24
Senior - BHPian

Very well thought out and lucid buying experience and review of the car. Congrats on the purchase and enjoy your beauty!

I drove a Linea through some rough patch and more than the GC, found the front overhang as the irritant as it leads to scraping of the bumper while getting on and off ramps.
MileCruncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2009, 21:39   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvns84 View Post
Firstly, congrats on your new car. I guess its true that the linea is the "Looker" among all cars in the Indian market today. probably thats why I have not seen many of these on bangalore roads. I guess the owners are still drooling over them. Come on guys, get them outside a bit more. let us also drool over them.!
true true...I don't take her out too much unless I am sure of some decent , protected parking. I don't want to see her scratched around with by crazy bikers, mental BMTC bus drivers and the kamkazi cab drivers and not to mention the auto drivers. She is reserved for non peak hour driving and weekend long drives till her run in . Till then its my old wagon r and some driveway admiration.

How about a Bangalore Linea owners meetup as well?? Maybe need to open a thread..
Old 26th April 2009, 21:43   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Very well thought out and lucid buying experience and review of the car. Congrats on the purchase and enjoy your beauty!

I drove a Linea through some rough patch and more than the GC, found the front overhang as the irritant as it leads to scraping of the bumper while getting on and off ramps.
I had my first experience of both the front overhang and sraping the bottom 2 days back while driving on a stretch of road that has hills for speedbrakers and a moderate kaccha slope into a turning with 5 people in the car GC was not a problem with just 2 people
Old 27th April 2009, 03:11   #27
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranava999 View Post
Also the manual states that there are Ac vents at the back of the front seats for the rear passengers. I don't seem to ave those. Can anyone confirm their presence? I have a petrol emotion pack with factory fitted upholstery for the seats.
I checked it specifically few days back & found 1 small cavity under the driver seat which looks like a small AC vent but is far ahead of rear psg feet. However, have not checked it with AC turned on. even if its a vent, it won'r help much as the cavity is very narrow & far ahead of rear psg feet
VahanPujari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2009, 06:18   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
I checked it specifically few days back & found 1 small cavity under the driver seat which looks like a small AC vent but is far ahead of rear psg feet. However, have not checked it with AC turned on. even if its a vent, it won'r help much as the cavity is very narrow & far ahead of rear psg feet
Don't know whether the Linea has it or not but the Fabia has a similar thing rear a/c vents which are under the front seats. Supposed to cool the rear footwell of the passengers, but don't know how it will work during Rainy Season when the passengers might have wet feet
MileCruncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2009, 06:36   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
BTW is there an upper cavity in your car's footwell? I found a screw on my foot mat and decided to feel my way through the footwell panelling to find the missing spot. To my surprise I realised that the panelling just runs halfway through and beyond a point there is a cavity where one can actually touch the steering mechanism...is that how your cars are as well or have I got a car with a panel missing? I am referring to the upper wall of the footwell.

It is normal. The foot well upper part has the steering shaft. If you wear a large shoe and turn the steering you can feel the shaft of the steering rolling.

Pranava, I too had a brown screw on my floor mat during the delivery of my car . The mechanic didnt know where it came from. i have kept it safely and will ask about it when i go next time.

There are rear a/c ducts and not grilled vents underneath front seats. If you switch on the a/c and keep the fan in high speed and press the down arrow button ( the one below the auto button ) alone and keep your hand underneath the front seat you will feel the a/c blowing .

I havent had gc issues with speed breakers as i have been cautious. I have gone with 4 huge people and have carefully maneuvered the car over bumps. But once i have had a scrape on a dug out road. Since then i have been extremely over cautious.
geeash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2009, 13:06   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranava999 View Post
Will check the footwell to see if the upper part is covered.

Re ac vents under seats, If you keep the airflow directed to your feet (press the down arrow in ACC), you can feel some air movement behind and under the front seats.

My plastics woes continue. The right side side indicator is broken. I was washing the car and it just fell out when the towel passed over it. I can see one of the 2 clips holding it in place is broken.

Gears,
Red-One.