Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2009, 16:17   #61
BHPian
 
RedOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 310
Thanked: 19 Times
Default kirr kirr sound

All,

The car has run 1750 kms now and am hearing a strange sound. It's a "kirr kirrrr" sound which comes only when the drivetrain is under load. i.e. when accelerating and cruising, especially in the first 3 gears. In neutral and when clutch is in, there is no sound. I suspect the sound comes when car is in gear/moving and passes over even minor road irregularities but not sure of this as the sound is pretty frequent, though not continuous. The sound appear to be coming from the front left side.

I don't know if it is related, but while in gear, if I keep my hand on the gear lever and press/release the throttle abrubtly, I can feel a sharp jerk in the lever. The jerk is not felt anywhere other than the lever.

Any one else noticed the sound or the lever jerking?

Gears,
Red-One.
RedOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2009, 17:45   #62
BHPian
 
Sathya_sc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 531
Thanked: 643 Times
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOne View Post
All,

The car has run 1750 kms now and am hearing a strange sound. It's a "kirr kirrrr" sound which comes only when the drivetrain is under load. i.e. when accelerating and cruising, especially in the first 3 gears. In neutral and when clutch is in, there is no sound. I suspect the sound comes when car is in gear/moving and passes over even minor road irregularities but not sure of this as the sound is pretty frequent, though not continuous. The sound appear to be coming from the front left side.

I don't know if it is related, but while in gear, if I keep my hand on the gear lever and press/release the throttle abrubtly, I can feel a sharp jerk in the lever. The jerk is not felt anywhere other than the lever.

Any one else noticed the sound or the lever jerking?

Gears,
Red-One.
Reg the first problem its strange. I have not come across..

Reg the second one, yes I have also felt that. When I press the acc. with my hand on the gear lever, I am able to feel a mild jerk in the gear lever. I am not sure whether this is a problem.. I also felt the gear not to be slick but having a spongy feeling..

Can some one pls confirm?

Regards,
Sathya
Sathya_sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2009, 16:50   #63
Senior - BHPian
 
geeash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,513
Thanked: 129 Times
Default

Seems pretty strange. I seem to hear the wind blowing sound even when the window is closed. Are you people hearing it too?
geeash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2009, 17:07   #64
BHPian
 
pranava999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: BANGALORE
Posts: 820
Thanked: 19 Times
Default

I have felt the gear lever jerking a little. I guess once running in happens things will get better.Remember running in is more for the transmission and mechanicals than the engine. It's interesting how we Linea owners seem to be running around with microscopes every time we drive the car.

I don' hear any wind blowing, door rattles nothing. All i hear is a lot of road noise.
pranava999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2009, 16:59   #65
Senior - BHPian
 
aks_karthik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,863
Thanked: 215 Times
Default

Hi Aswin,Sathya,Redone,

why don't we meet one day and discuss the issues further by driving other cars ?
Good Idea na
if time permits we will arrange for it.
Think buddies
aks_karthik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2009, 14:51   #66
BHPian
 
RedOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 310
Thanked: 19 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
Seems pretty strange. I seem to hear the wind blowing sound even when the window is closed. Are you people hearing it too?
I do hear wind noise, but only above speeds of 90+. That's normal I guess.

Regarding my "kirr kirr" sound, noticed one more thing. The sound starts only when the engine is warm. i.e. when starting in the morning, there is no sound till the needle reaches near the halfway mark.

Gears,
Red-One.
RedOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2009, 14:52   #67
BHPian
 
RedOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 310
Thanked: 19 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post

why don't we meet one day and discuss the issues further by driving other cars ?
Good idea.

Gears,
Red-One.
RedOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2009, 15:51   #68
BHPian
 
Sathya_sc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 531
Thanked: 643 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Hi Aswin,Sathya,Redone,

why don't we meet one day and discuss the issues further by driving other cars ?
Good Idea na
if time permits we will arrange for it.
Think buddies

Sure we will do it. Do let me know the date and time so that we can meet.. Pls.. let it be on a week-end..We can meet somewhere in ECR. What say?

Regards,
Sathya
Sathya_sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2009, 17:11   #69
Senior - BHPian
 
geeash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,513
Thanked: 129 Times
Default

Quote:
Hi Aswin,Sathya,Redone,

why don't we meet one day and discuss the issues further by driving other cars ?
Good Idea na
if time permits we will arrange for it.
Think buddies
__________________
I am game for it let me know the time and date.

Quote:
We can meet somewhere in ECR
Yes we can call that Linea ECR Party
geeash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2009, 09:57   #70
Senior - BHPian
 
aks_karthik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,863
Thanked: 215 Times
Default

Guys,

Shall we meet next weekend.(i.e)Sunday 7 June 2009.
Please decide the place and time.
I am having Diesel car so i am ready to come anywhere in the world
aks_karthik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2009, 10:08   #71
BHPian
 
RedOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 310
Thanked: 19 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Guys,

Shall we meet next weekend.(i.e)Sunday 7 June 2009.
Please decide the place and time.
I am having Diesel car so i am ready to come anywhere in the world
Karthik,
ECR and June 7 is fine but May 31st is even better given it is sooner.

So we have the following:
1. aks_karthik
2. geeash
3. sathya_sc
4. redone

Where is drashkum? He too was keen to join.

Gears,
Red-One.
RedOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2009, 10:24   #72
Senior - BHPian
 
aks_karthik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,863
Thanked: 215 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOne View Post
Karthik,
ECR and June 7 is fine but May 31st is even better given it is sooner.

So we have the following:
1. aks_karthik
2. geeash
3. sathya_sc
4. redone

Where is drashkum? He too was keen to join.

Gears,
Red-One.

yep 31 may 2009 SUNDAY is ok for me too.
aks_karthik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2009, 10:47   #73
BHPian
 
Sathya_sc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 531
Thanked: 643 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
yep 31 may 2009 SUNDAY is ok for me too.
Pls have it on June 7th instead. I am out this week-end to Yercaud (have made all arrangements.. so will be difficult to cancel).

In ECR, my suggestion would be to meet in Blue Lagoon Resort. We will come sometime close to 10-10:30 AM, get the entry coupons, chat for some time.. get all our doubts clarified, have some food (with the coupons) and finally call it a day. Lets ROCK the LINEA ECR BASH!

The reason for Blue Lagoon is, we can have some room to drive inside the resort.

This is just my suggestion.. Guys pls pour in your thoughts.. But 7th pls. I will block that day..

Regards,
Sathya

Last edited by Sathya_sc : 27th May 2009 at 10:50.
Sathya_sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2009, 11:31   #74
Senior - BHPian
 
aks_karthik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,863
Thanked: 215 Times
Default

Sorry Sathya,

I forgot it though you mentioned it in your earlier post.
Meeting is with family na?
I am ok with any sundays.
aks_karthik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2009, 12:12   #75
BHPian
 
Sathya_sc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 531
Thanked: 643 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Sorry Sathya,

I forgot it though you mentioned it in your earlier post.
Meeting is with family na?
I am ok with any sundays.
Yes.. i have no problems getting my family. Would request everyone to confirm the date and time (Myself and Karthik are OK for June 7th - 10 AM).

Regards,
Sathya

Last edited by Sathya_sc : 27th May 2009 at 12:13.
Sathya_sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Squeezing out more mileage from Fiat Linea bijeeshvs The Indian Car Scene 1 24th November 2009 23:32
One more Fiery, Emotional Drop in the LINEA(r) Ocean!! sultanofswing Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 17 22nd November 2009 14:28
One more Linea story? ... here you go neotraveller Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 178 22nd October 2009 09:42


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 10:25.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks