Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2009, 08:07   #691
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
i have written a elaborate mail to rajeev kapoor and other bigwigs about this yesterday night. i am waiting for the reply now. i am also contemplating to take up the case to consumer protection forum now as i cannot put up with this shoddy business any more!!!
Gaaesh, I hope you get some positive response from Mr. Kapoor.
Old 21st November 2009, 09:55   #692
BHPian

Quote:
Finally my wifey relents and gets a Bosch Aquatak 100+ for the linea.
Spent 9.2k for it.

Attachment 209143
This is the mini dynamite

Had gone to a home decor exibition on last saturday in Chennai trade centre where i saw the thingy. Had them bring it up to my house for a demo so that i could decide.

Was amazed by the pressure it could generate for the pressure wash. I mean it is so small and believe me it does one hell of a job.

Have got it with all attachment ( one even for under chassis cleaning).

So hereafter i am going to enjoy washing the car so much just like i am enjoying the drive too. it is going to be fun on each sunday.

@karthik

come home anytime i will do the washing with bosch and you do the waxing for both cars
I saw the same pump for Rs 7000 in the Home town Noida under an offer and Last weekend I was at the Bosch Tools whole seller place I got a quote of Rs 6800 for the same. Looks like you spent much on that.
Old 21st November 2009, 14:12   #693
Senior - BHPian

Sad

My heart goes out to you. I have followed your thread about your Linea from it's inception and it has always been a wonderful and objective read.

For the seat replacement exercise there was a clear departure from the norm as in, the door sill and the running boards are supposed to be covered with a protective cloth. Had that been done in your case, you would have been spared the pain.

However, I would like to believe that this the case in one particular dealership and that it has to do a little bit with bad luck in your case. Tata-Fiat needs to get Concorde branded dealerships upto speed and make them the models to emulate. Instead of that, they (Concorde) are becoming lackadaisical in the quality of their work.

In general, I now think that FIAT service is almost as bad (or good) as just about any other car manufacturer in India. See if there is a possibility of visiting another service centre, also do try to befriend the mechanics in any service centre. All things said and done, the human being doing the work would definitely try to do a better job if he feels that he is doing it for someone he knows and one who will appreciate his good work.

Easy for us to give you advice, but let me just reiterate that for most of us at teambhp, the Linea is the handsomest saloon this side of 15 lakhs (And more according to me) and you worthy of "admiration". So, get that ugly scratch fixed (not sure if Concorde will do it, they should do more than just that!) with a fresh coat of paint and try to get it out of your mind for now (wait for a while for responses from Fiat).
Old 21st November 2009, 18:48   #694
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
i am also contemplating to take up the case to consumer protection forum now as i cannot put up with this shoddy business any more!!!
Please think twice before taking that route. It is money and time wasted!

Ask your service centre to repair it free of cost.

Last edited by trrk : 21st November 2009 at 18:55.
Old 21st November 2009, 20:58   #695
BHPian

Geeash

Regarding the Aquatek Pressure wash

From where are you supplying the water to the Pressure washer ? is it directly from the tap or you have maintained a seperate tank for it ?

I have seen in the hometown they kept a tank for demo purpose, And I doubt if a tap will be able to provide enough of water for this pump to generate a pressure @ sametime. I think a tank will do.
Old 22nd November 2009, 15:03   #696
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i have written a elaborate mail to rajeev kapoor and other bigwigs about this yesterday night. i am waiting for the reply now. i am also contemplating to take up the case to consumer protection forum now as i cannot put up with this shoddy business any more!!!

sad to hear that, but think before taking actions, better talk with senoirs there, may be afree coat of paint would do the job for you, its a superb product from Fiat in this price bracket.Courts not only wastes your time but your money as well.
Old 22nd November 2009, 20:10   #697
Senior - BHPian

Has the seat problem been resolved?

I think you are letting this get to you too fast. India teaches us the virtues of patience. :P

Don't recommend getting into legal hassles. Do ask for repairing of the scratches.
Old 22nd November 2009, 23:09   #698
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Don't recommend getting into legal hassles. Do ask for repairing of the scratches.
Yes that is what i have asked. Rajeev kapoor has taken immense intrest in my case and has mailed me. concorde has called up and have accepted that it is their fault.

they are willing to repaint it and clear out the dent on monday. will keep you guys posted

@ vijaythacker

yes. i am yet to check it. will keep you posted

@nocesachin

directly from tap
Old 22nd November 2009, 23:34   #699
Senior - BHPian

Had a freakish accident yesterday when i was travelling in a highway when i hit on a monkey.

the left foglamp and console has got damaged.

the car is going for repair tomorrow. going to ask them if they have parts ready. if they dont have it, i will present them my car and comeback and get a BMW!!!
Old 22nd November 2009, 23:52   #700
BHPian

Hi Ashwin, welcome back.
Good that Rajeev Kapoor had mailed you and Concorde had accepted their fault.

Get the scratches repainted tommorrow itself.
I doubt if TASS will have the foglamp console in stock. If not, please get in writing the likely date when the same is expected.
Old 23rd November 2009, 00:01   #701
Senior - BHPian

bnz jon

good idea. ill ask sairaj to give me a letter that they dont have it in stock and mail it to rajeev kapoor showing him the incapabilty of his stupid service network!!!
Old 23rd November 2009, 01:26   #702
BHPian

Quote:
bnz jon

good idea. ill ask sairaj to give me a letter that they dont have it in stock and mail it to rajeev kapoor showing him the incapabilty of his stupid service network!!!
I think that will shake the entire establishment at Ranjangaon and all the concordes throughout the country. I can relate to the experience I got at the concorde showroom at Velachery. I had gone there on a friday evening to td the linea. As there was no vehicle available for TD, I had told the salesman there that he could let me know when the vehicle would be available for a TD anytime later that evening or the next day. I didnt hear from him for nearly 2 weeks, when I called up the Sales Manager to ask for some clarification regarding the pricing of the FTA linea. He wanted to know why I hadnt got back to him after the visit I had made the friday before last. Then I explained to him that I the customer was waiting for the TD vehicle for ore than a couple of weeks. Then I called up the sales guy and informed him,that due to his handling of the test drive issue, I would not be buying from Concorde but from VST because of the subvention.
Old 23rd November 2009, 07:13   #703
Senior - BHPian

Wow Ganesh!!!

Congrats....

Linea is a great looker and a wonderful car though at times it is criticized for being a wee bit under powered.

Good review there.
Old 23rd November 2009, 07:27   #704
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Wow Ganesh!!!
now who is that???
Old 23rd November 2009, 08:45   #705
BHPian

Quote:
bnz jon

Hopefully taking your case Mr. Kapoor starts to put things right for FIAT A.S.S. in general.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks