Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 6th May 2009, 12:23   #61
BANNED

4500/- for 3M paint protections sounds ok to me. I think I'll go for that.

Do not go for rs. 1500/- polishing & waxing only. you can do it yourself & its actually suggested here in car care forum to do it every month
VahanPujari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2009, 15:46   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Also I asked the service center CRM about 3M paint protection. He said it will cost 4500 and it will have 6 coats and is good for retaining the shine of the car. This is good for 1.5 years with 2 free "services" in between itseems.
When I said it only costs 1500, he said that's only polishing & waxing and will last only couple of months and it might have 1-2 coats.
Ashwin, your comments on this?
Have just now asked the 3M dealer there is no separate polishing waxing available in 3M across the world. The polishing and waxing comes along with paint protection only. For RS.4500/- the paint protection is done 3 times (0, 6, 9th month) and for Rs 1500 it is done only once. When it is done as a package at 3M dealership itself it costs Rs.3500/- only when done at dealership they charge Rs.1000 extra for them. For any clarification regarding 3M you can call Mr.Dennis 9444331681 . He is the sales executive in Shri Balaji agencies chennai, the authorised dealer and distributor of 3M products to tamilnadu.
geeash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2009, 15:46   #63
BHPian

Default 3M paint protection

@vahan,

can you also find out from your TATA service center about this.
The name of the treatment, how its done, cost etc?

My Linea looks like a dirty dog in the morning with all that dust :(
Maybe after this treatment, it will be lot easier to clean the car. I can quickly wash & wipe (without worrying too much about scratching etc)

@geash,
Any idea about the number of coats. My service center guy said that it has some 6 coats. How many "coats" did they give you for 1500?

Last edited by neotraveller : 6th May 2009 at 15:50.
neotraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2009, 17:12   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The name of the treatment is 3M paint protection. I have enquired with my dealer regarding 3M already. It seems the same 3M guys who do the job at the authorised dealer comes for the 3M car detailing works to dealer. Even for sunfilm application only these guys come to the dealership.

The procedure is that they first wash the car with a car shampoo and wipe it dry. Then they apply the paint protection liquid paste( which is light yellow in colour) all over the body of the car . They then use a machine which has a rotating head like a wax shiner which applied this paste evenly to a thickness of 5 microns over the body of the car. They repeat the same procedure many times until you get a soft feel when you rub your hands on the car. Lastly they apply paste wax ( this paste wax is not available commercially outside only 3M Liquid wax is available) for shining the car and make it shine. In addition to this they also clean up the interiors of the car and give a vinyl dresser coating to all the inner panels and then they also clean the windscreen and clean the tyres with tyre dresser liquid they have.
The cost when done at dealership is Rs.4500/- for 3 times ( 0,6,9th month). Single time application option not available at my dealership concorde
If the same thing is done at a authorised 3M dealership cost is Rs.3500. single time option is Rs.1500/-

Any other details you want to know about this, feel free to call dennis and he will explain.

I dont know about how many coats not does my dealer know about this . Any way if the same guys are doing it is going to be the same.

Cheers
geeash
Old 6th May 2009, 18:10   #65
BHPian

What you say kind of tallies with what my service guy said.
He said 4500 (including 2 free services)

Does this mean that single application is good only for 4 months?
neotraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2009, 18:16   #66
Senior - BHPian

I have ordered for Team-BHP stickers just now. Will soon be getting it. Wondering were to stick a couple of stickers in linea. I dont want to stick the big stickers now .I am going to keep the big ones for later if some scratch happens. Going to stick a couple of those from stickers no 4,5,6,9,10 from this page

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...sightings.html

Any ideas where to put them??

I think mine will be the first Linea with Team-BHP stickers on. And I am proud to flaunt them.
Old 7th May 2009, 09:44   #67
BANNED

Quote:
@vahan,

Have spoken to the TATA dealer. They get 3M treatments done thro' a 3M vendor & he gave me the vendor's no. for further details. Then I gave a call to 3M customer care at Bangalore & asked for 3M office no. in Mumbai. She gave me cell no. of a 3M manager at Mumbai. I spoke to him & asked him that I want to do this treatment ONLY at 3M Direct Dealer. He said there are no 3M direct dealers. They do 3M treatments only thro' Car Dealerships which is done by 3M guys only. I insisted on doing it thro' 3M directly, he flatly refused saying its not possible. He said Linea being new car, he is not aware of the cost but it should range from 2900 (small car) to 4500/- (big car)

The details of the treatment is as mentioned by Ashwin. They first wash the car, then do "rubbing", then polishing & waxing. They also clean up the engine & interiors (only cleanups, No treatment). The treatment is for protection from UV & polishing/ waxing coats. It may slightly cure minor scratches, not much to do with scratch removal or prevention (only prevention is due to glossy/ smooth surface due to waxing which can be obtained by DIY waxing as well).

I then spoke to the vendor suggested by TATA dealer. Prices he quoted is Rs. 4500/- for 1+2 treatment (0,6th, 9th month) with warranty. Within this perios is any cement/ external paint or something like that happens, they will remove it for free.
For 1 application he quoted Rs. 1300/- (which might not include "rubbing")

From the face of it, right now it does not seem attractive to me.
VahanPujari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2009, 11:54   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
I will try tp asses the films after # days and post you poeple the result.
can you give us your feedback on CR70 & CR50 3M sunfilms, if you have experience with V-Kool , then how do rate 3M crystalline series against V-Kool's VR-70...
sanjaymugur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2009, 07:52   #69
Senior - BHPian

Default feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaymugur View Post
can you give us your feedback on CR70 & CR50 3M sunfilms, if you have experience with V-Kool , then how do rate 3M crystalline series against V-Kool's VR-70...
I am totally satisfied with the sunfilms i have installed in my car. I find it on par and some times even better than the v-kool. I dont have a parking place at where i work. So most of the times the car will be standing under the big sky. I find the temaparature inside the car definitely a lot cooler than what it used to be before i installed sun film. So definitely heat rejection is there. This is the first time i have installed front windscreen films in my car and i find no issues with visibily. My father doesnt even know i have installed front windscreen film. The visibily is just like a plain glass that my father till now has not found out the sunfilm. Anti-Glare though doesnt seems to be there . I find it all the same. But anyways i will try to campare about the antiglare in a couple of days and let you know.The a/c cooling has becomne much faster than what it used to be before, Though linea does not have as great a/c as that of verna. Even a couple of times i had to switch off the a/c now because of the cooling achieved which never used to happen before in chrennai soaring summer heat. It is definitely better than any other brands i have put in my previous cars.

As of VK-70 i have just traveled only once in a car fitted with VK-70. So i dont think i am in a position to assess it.But for sides it is definitely better than the VKOOL diamond series film as it offers better visibilty and better heat rejection. These films are definitely better than all other films available in the market though the cost ws 21000 rs. 3M claims to have a better heat rejection than VKOOL films. So go for it and you will not regret a bit.

Update:
My car had the first brush up with a cyclist. This maniacal cyclist suddenly came from no where yeasterday morning and scratched the front bumper. She had a deep cut on her face which looked ugly. Took her to concord rightaway as i was terribly upset and got her painted back to normal after waiting for over 4 hours. Now it looks as good as new. Thank god!!

Last edited by geeash : 9th May 2009 at 07:56.
Old 9th May 2009, 10:23   #70
BHPian

Don't let the cyclist issue affect you. Such things are inevitable. Congrats on the new car, she looks beautiful.

Last edited by toiingg : 9th May 2009 at 10:23. Reason: punctuation
toiingg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2009, 10:48   #71
BHPian

bad luck about the cyclist mate. nothing much one can do. good you got it fixed.
pranava999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2009, 13:45   #72
BHPian

thanks geeash for the feedback on 3M crystalline series sunfilms... really appreciate it...

here in bangalore i have been given a quote of around 16K-17K for CR-70(windscreen) + CR-50 ( for windows & rear) for my PALIO... i will decide by next week & will go for it..
sanjaymugur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2009, 15:05   #73
Senior - BHPian

Default Off to Pondicherry for the weekend

Going for my first highway trip in linea to pondicherry from chennai today evening . Will post pics and write a review as soon as i come.
Old 12th May 2009, 14:01   #74
Senior - BHPian

Default came back!

Came back from pondicherry trip. The car was awesome. I will write a review tonight and post
Old 14th May 2009, 12:03   #75
Senior - BHPian

Where is the review man?
Have you heard any rattling in your car especially in GloveBox,Left rear door ?
seems the NHC is increased in my car.needs to check in workshop.Might be some sound proof thing is kaput in Engine bay or underbody.
aks_karthik is offline   Reply With Quote