Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 19th July 2011, 09:46   #1126
BHPian

Default Re: Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!

VST is turning out to be a good alternative to Concorde Motors and more reliable service centre for FIAT.

Good to see committed guys from the TASS visiting your place to change the central satia to your satisfaction, that too on a sunday !
bnzjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2011, 15:33   #1127
Senior - BHPian

Yes binze john

i sincerely urge all those people who are suffering the wrath of concorde to try out VST and feel the difference

geeash
geeash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2011, 07:33   #1128
Senior - BHPian

Update
Have upgraded the stock lights to philips xtreme power long time back. the light and throw is now adequate. forgot to write it here..........
Old 20th July 2011, 12:21   #1129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
Update
Have upgraded the stock lights to philips xtreme power long time back. the light and throw is now adequate. forgot to write it here..........
Dear geeash, nice to know that. How much did you pay for the xtreme power?
Is there any other options? Planning for an upgrade. My linea is admitted in concorde motors, cochin with a cracked front windshield and ABS sensor replacement.
drdeepudev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2011, 23:19   #1130
Senior - BHPian

I paid 2750 totally for a pair of h1and h7 bulbs. it was procured by binzejohn (bnz jon) for me from UK when he went there. the only other alternative option for replacing the bulbs in stock oem holder other than philips xtreme power are osram nightbreakers.

these are of same wattage so no need of cutout
Old 23rd July 2011, 09:07   #1131
Senior - BHPian

Again the Hissing sound from the A/C has started from yesterday. Really dont know why this is happening despite extensive repairs from VST motors. The car had only come back last week.
Will wait for couple of days to see whether a/c conks off again like before and call the SA

The airbag failure light and display has shown up again. Only a week back it was rectified and was told by Sa that it was just a error and was taken out with computer interface.

Really dont know what is happening
Old 23rd July 2011, 11:39   #1132
Senior - BHPian

Time to change the car come, let's go for test drives.
aks_karthik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2011, 09:05   #1133
Senior - BHPian

Here it goes again

Day before yesterday when i was driving to my hospital and coming bck the horn conked off!!!!
It was blaring when i was going to the hospital but when i returned just on the first turn it wouldnt sound at all. no amount of pressing the steering would budge. Had a tough time commuting back in the traffic back to my house. My oh My!

Dont know why recently car is behaving so badly despite me petting it with all love and care. was worried. so called up Krubakar the SA and told him that i am coming to VST the next day morning.

Carefully drove to the TASS despite getting cornered in all early morning traffic snarl.

The car was analysed. he horn was taken and directly connected to battery and it was blaring !!

Trouble maker was foundout !! it was the combination switch which was beneath the steering. it had conked off. so honking doesnt work anymore. some soldering problem. but could not be repaired. wierd problem

so the SA changed the whole combination switch console which included the sticks for the wiper and headlight and the horn works again

the combination switch was told to cost a lot. i told him my apprehensions that i am not in mindset to pay that much. SA has told me that electrical parts would not come under extended warranty and he said he will apply and try and see if it is covered under extended warranty. or else he will place my order in special consideration to fiat to claim it from fiat

Drove out happily. Merely because of the commitment of the SA and the capabilities of the VST mechanics. If i had taken the car to concorde it would have taken ages to find out what the problem is and their ability to fix it in no time. secondly the part was available readily. i think VST is the only service station in chennai which stock adequate parts. i came out taking my car back in 1 1/2 hours for the whole issue.

Kudos VST..... You are a zillion times better than other TASS in chennai..........

Writing a appreciation mail about the SA for all his help and i am to forward it to the CRO and Mangesh. will send it by tomorrow.

Photos

Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-26072011907.jpg

This is the photo of the steering console when they dismantled the steering . unfortunately i couldnt take the photo of the combination switch. it was looking like a donut. a round plastic thing with hole in centre. Subsequently the wiper and headlight levers where also changed in toto

these are the pictures of the back side of the stereo and the connection diagram on the stereo. if you guys can make out something from the electrical diagram it will be useful

Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-17072011902.jpg
Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-17072011903.jpg
Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-17072011906.jpg

Last edited by geeash : 28th July 2011 at 09:09.
Old 28th July 2011, 09:45   #1134
BHPian

Ashwin, after 3 years of abuse at Concorde, looks like you have happily settled at VST. Great to see the TASS guys going that extra mile to keep the customers happy. Let their tribe grow !

Good to know that rare spare parts too are readily available at VST.

How much is the cost of 'combination console' ? around Rs. 8000 bucks roughly ?
bnzjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2011, 09:56   #1135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post
Ashwin, after 3 years of abuse at Concorde, looks like you have happily settled at VST. Great to see the TASS guys going that extra mile to keep the customers happy. Let their tribe grow !

Good to know that rare spare parts too are readily available at VST.

How much is the cost of 'combination console' ? around Rs. 8000 bucks roughly ?
Yeah costs around 8k. thats a hell a lot of money. have called ajay bhatnagar and asked the price he said he will correspond to me back today !!

Yeah thats what i like about vst. they try to go that extra mile to satisfy customer like me. easily the SA could have asked me to pay but he said he can try and claim.

you too try to quit the wretched concorde and come here!!. may be it is not near your house like concorde but the quality of service is definitely better by miles

Last edited by geeash : 28th July 2011 at 09:57.
Old 28th July 2011, 10:11   #1136
Senior - BHPian

Your car certainly seems to be in a bad mood these days ! What about the AC gas leaking issue again - was that also fixed ?
fiat_tarun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2011, 14:29   #1137
Senior - BHPian

A/C hissing sound persists but the cooling has not concked off till now touch wood. Its ok so didn't get it rectified after the cooling coil change
Old 28th July 2011, 20:07   #1138
BHPian

geeash

can you recommend a person in VST to contact? Tried three times in Concord to fix the rattling noise from right side front door of my Linea.
ndinesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2011, 21:11   #1139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndinesh
geeash

can you recommend a person in VST to contact? Tried three times in Concord to fix the rattling noise from right side front door of my Linea.
You can speak with kirubakaran or John.
aks_karthik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2011, 22:28   #1140
BHPian

@Geeash

Did you check this site out ? Maybe you can contact a supplier and swing a good deal. I dunno a long shot but what's the harm ? Try typing combination switch linea cost into your faviourite search engine. Alibaba had some stuff.
NoMind is offline   Reply With Quote