Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2012, 11:40   #1231
Senior - BHPian
 
geeash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,513
Thanked: 129 Times
Default

Finally car is at VST MOTORS.
Guys need your insight. The SA has advised clutch overhaul for the start up sound.
My car had a 'grrr' sound coming from the start up motor each time I start my car. Unfortunately I couldn't replicate it there.. Without even starting the car SA said cluch is hard and it's is the clutch release bearing that is causing the sound. He wants me to pay 8k for it. I read in team bhp that it is a scam. Guys tell me what to do
geeash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2012, 13:27   #1232
Senior - BHPian
 
AutoIndian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: PCMC, Pune-MH14
Posts: 3,119
Thanked: 3,815 Times
Default Re: Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
Finally car is at VST MOTORS.
Guys need your insight. The SA has advised clutch overhaul for the start up sound.
My car had a 'grrr' sound coming from the start up motor each time I start my car. Unfortunately I couldn't replicate it there.. Without even starting the car SA said cluch is hard and it's is the clutch release bearing that is causing the sound. He wants me to pay 8k for it. I read in team bhp that it is a scam. Guys tell me what to do
If the sound is coming only during car start-up then it has nothing to do either with the clutch or the clutch release bearing, could be related to the starter motor. You must take a second or third opinion. If the clutch is hard, then normally the clutch cable is changed & that resolves the issue of hard clutch. This indeed sounds to be a scam, better be careful.
AutoIndian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2012, 12:57   #1233
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 57
Thanked: 38 Times
Default Re: Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhenius View Post
if I could get a strange smell of a type of gas when the AC was on.

I had given my car for 2nd anniversary servicing of my Emotion PK in 2nd week of this month. After all checks and required topups my car was back. Since then I have been noticing a very strange smell coming from ac blowers the moment i switch them on, But after running for sometime the smell slowly reduces to negligible, First I though it could be a dead rat, but the smell is no where near to what a dead rat smells, This is a very strange smell, I had shown it to one of Dad's close friend who is rated as one of the experts in city for AC jobs, after checking he suggested me to send the card to service station as this would involve opening of dashboard and dashboards have 2 airbags, there is a low possibility that airbags may open, since car is under warranty, it would be best that we send it to FIAT SS only.

Have fixed an appointment for tomorrow, they have told me it would take 2 days. I hope the issue gets resolved without much of an issue.

The actual problem as informed by the technician to me could be that, a layer of algae formed in ac coil due to presence of water, The technician informed me that they have got same complaint from Laura user also.

Let's see what Fiat says. Also FIAT SS still does not have GC kits, it has been launched almost 2 months back and we are still awaiting them to hit local service stations of FIAT.
Gadgetfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2012, 17:58   #1234
BHPian
 
kodivasanth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 111
Thanked: 22 Times
Default Re: Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadgetfreak View Post

Let's see what Fiat says. Also FIAT SS still does not have GC kits, it has been launched almost 2 months back and we are still awaiting them to hit local service stations of FIAT.
My car has already got the GC kit upgrade done on the 14th March. I had booked on the 17th by paying an advance of 3000 and the spares reached the service center on the 12th March.
kodivasanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2012, 18:00   #1235
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 57
Thanked: 38 Times
Default Re: Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodivasanth View Post
My car has already got the GC kit upgrade done on the 14th March. I had booked on the 17th by paying an advance of 3000 and the spares reached the service center on the 12th March.

Wow, Howz the feeling? What changes have you observed. Kindly share your experience.
Gadgetfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2012, 18:03   #1236
Senior - BHPian
 
AutoIndian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: PCMC, Pune-MH14
Posts: 3,119
Thanked: 3,815 Times
Default Re: Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodivasanth View Post
My car has already got the GC kit upgrade done on the 14th March. I had booked on the 17th by paying an advance of 3000 and the spares reached the service center on the 12th March.
That's great to know Vasanth. Please share the details with us. How do you feel know after the raised stance? How long did they take to finish the job? What was the total cost of this excercise?
AutoIndian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2012, 18:04   #1237
BHPian
 
kodivasanth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 111
Thanked: 22 Times
Default Re: Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadgetfreak View Post
Wow, Howz the feeling? What changes have you observed. Kindly share your experience.
I have a draft and will shortly update my ownership thread here

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...erience-5.html (Linea Diesel Test Drive and Booking experience)
kodivasanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2012, 18:30   #1238
BHPian
 
pk_del's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Delhi
Posts: 139
Thanked: 171 Times
Default Re: Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadgetfreak View Post
I had given my car for 2nd anniversary servicing of my Emotion PK in 2nd week of this month. After all checks and required topups my car was back. Since then I have been noticing a very strange smell coming from ac blowers the moment i switch them on, But after running for sometime the smell slowly reduces to negligible, First I though it could be a dead rat, but the smell is no where near to what a dead rat smells, This is a very strange smell, I had shown it to one of Dad's close friend who is rated as one of the experts in city for AC jobs, after checking he suggested me to send the card to service station as this would involve opening of dashboard and dashboards have 2 airbags, there is a low possibility that airbags may open, since car is under warranty, it would be best that we send it to FIAT SS only.

Have fixed an appointment for tomorrow, they have told me it would take 2 days. I hope the issue gets resolved without much of an issue.

The actual problem as informed by the technician to me could be that, a layer of algae formed in ac coil due to presence of water, The technician informed me that they have got same complaint from Laura user also.

Let's see what Fiat says. Also FIAT SS still does not have GC kits, it has been launched almost 2 months back and we are still awaiting them to hit local service stations of FIAT.
I had the same issue in my OHC and it turned out that the oil filter was in the boot of the car (near the spare wheel) and it was the main cause for the foul smell.

I know this could not be that simple of an issue but it is worth checking your boot and see if there is any thing lying there, even a damp cloth will cause foul smell in the car.

Hope your issue gets resolved soon.

-PK
pk_del is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2012, 08:17   #1239
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 57
Thanked: 38 Times
Default Re: Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadgetfreak View Post
Also FIAT SS still does not have GC kits, it has been launched almost 2 months back and we are still awaiting them to hit local service stations of FIAT.
Hi All,

Just an update, My car was sent to SS for AC checkup, they told me it would take 2 days as entire dash board has to be opened and there are other cars too. I was informed that after a long wait 1 GC kit has arrived and mine would probably be the 1st Linea in Hyd (As fas as i Know) to get GC kit installed.

Also i have ordered for Racechip for my car yesterday directly from their website, awaiting its delivery.

Also wanted to go for K&N air filter but service station incharge told me its not worth it. Also one of fellow TBhpian told me it may not be that greater option. Want someone to throw more lite on it.
Gadgetfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2012, 11:30   #1240
BHPian
 
kodivasanth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 111
Thanked: 22 Times
Default Re: Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadgetfreak View Post
Hi All,

I was informed that after a long wait 1 GC kit has arrived and mine would probably be the 1st Linea in Hyd (As fas as i Know) to get GC kit installed.

Also i have ordered for Racechip for my car yesterday directly from their website, awaiting its delivery.
Hi Gadgetfreak, Can you share the link for the Racechip model that you have ordered.

Thanks in advance
kodivasanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2012, 11:49   #1241
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 57
Thanked: 38 Times
Default Re: Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodivasanth View Post
Hi Gadgetfreak, Can you share the link for the Racechip model that you have ordered.

Thanks in advance

Please find below the link to Racechip site. It's always better to purchase it directly from them.

Chiptuning RaceChip - Fiat Linea 1.3 MultiJET, 1248ccm, 69kW (ca.94PS)
Gadgetfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2012, 05:28   #1242
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 57
Thanked: 38 Times
Default Re: Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadgetfreak View Post
Hi All,

Just an update, My car was sent to SS for AC checkup, they told me it would take 2 days as entire dash board has to be opened and there are other cars too. I was informed that after a long wait 1 GC kit has arrived and mine would probably be the 1st Linea in Hyd (As fas as i Know) to get GC kit installed.

Also i have ordered for Racechip for my car yesterday directly from their website, awaiting its delivery.
Hi Guys,

Update from my end, AC smell issue resolved, problem diagnosed was related to AC cooling coil, I was told that there is a lot of bird excreta present on that, Failed to understand how birds managed to enter my office parking in basement (-2 level) and my house parking basement. I was told that if option of air circulation was switched off then it pulls the air from outside even when AC is off, thus it could have pulled these birdly blessings causing all the smelly pain to my nose.

My linea becomes the first official linea to be fitted with GC kit. What a feeling, its like flying in air and pasing mountain below you, previously even coconut shell on road used to kiss by car and now mountains look smaller, height change was from 145mm to almost 180mm. DID a test drive on ORR to check any wobbling or any other kinda issue, touched 178kmph, absolutely no issue found except for a little wobbling between 80 and 140 speed which was resolved by SS team after back from test drive. All in all a great experience. Please find below few images.
Sorry for the quality of PIC as it was clicked using my HS and then size was reduced to more than 50% to get it below 1mb limit.

Reached home and got another great surprise, Had ordered for Racechip on last saturday from Germany and it had arrived yesterday. Wow what quick and prompt service. Now just itching to fit and test the kit in my car. Will keep you posted once i am done with testing.

Enjoy and drive safe.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-20120330_163721.jpg  

Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!-20120330_163726.jpg  

Gadgetfreak is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2012, 21:17   #1243
BHPian
 
Ricci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 743
Thanked: 910 Times
Default Re: Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadgetfreak View Post
Update from my end, AC smell issue resolved, problem diagnosed was related to AC cooling coil, I was told that there is a lot of bird excreta present on that, Failed to understand how birds managed to enter my office parking in basement (-2 level) and my house parking basement.
I have seen birds in basement parking, though this is -1 level. Some bird species adapt too well to man-made structures
But I am surprised how it got inside the engine bay, there's a small gap between the windscreen and bonnet for the wipers , was that area the entry point ? if so, it must clogged with bird droppings and would be easily visible , but even then it is odd that it reached well inside the engine bay.
Ricci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2012, 21:58   #1244
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 57
Thanked: 38 Times
Default Re: Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci View Post
I have seen birds in basement parking, though this is -1 level. Some bird species adapt too well to man-made structures
But I am surprised how it got inside the engine bay, there's a small gap between the windscreen and bonnet for the wipers , was that area the entry point ? if so, it must clogged with bird droppings and would be easily visible , but even then it is odd that it reached well inside the engine bay.

No I was informed by SS manager that if the air circulation went is opened then the suction is so powerful that it sucks in anything that is near the bonnet area even when ac is switched off. That's how the ac coil got all the undesired bird excreta.
Gadgetfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2012, 14:12   #1245
Distinguished - BHPian
 
hemanth.anand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 2,159
Thanked: 5,912 Times
Default Re: Fiat Linea - 2nd Birthday !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadgetfreak View Post
Hi Guys,

My linea becomes the first official linea to be fitted with GC kit. What a feeling, its like flying in air and pasing mountain below you, previously even coconut shell on road used to kiss by car and now mountains look smaller, height change was from 145mm to almost 180mm. DID a test drive on ORR to check any wobbling or any other kinda issue, touched 178kmph, absolutely no issue found except for a little wobbling between 80 and 140 speed which was resolved by SS team after back from test drive. All in all a great experience.
Gadgetfreak,

I haven't found the raised 2012 puntos and Lineas "odd" in terms of look unlike many others here.
So At first glance I could not make out from the pictures that your car has the new GC.

Budget permitting, I may also go for this on my punto even though GC complaints was mostly with lineas and I'm more than happy with my car's GC.
I was only worried about handling since I've not been able to drive a 2012 punto/linea.
But your post is reassuring. Let me see how things pan out.

Congratulations of your revived ride and wish you a problem free ownership.
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My 2nd Italian Beauty - Fiat Linea 1.3 MJD finneyp Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 9 5th December 2017 20:36
Fiat Linea and Fiat Punto (90 BHP) Owners. Timing chain issue & recall justin.das Technical Stuff 128 5th December 2017 19:56
Fiat Linea front arm rest for Fiat Punto NSK123 Modifications & Accessories 47 15th April 2013 23:34


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 06:45.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks