Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 29th April 2009, 16:19   #1
BHPian

Default Innova, way my mind went…

Innova, way my mind went…

True, my heart dint go for Innova, since I saw Xylo my heart went for this M & M car. Many of Bhpians must be familiar with my thread about Xylo delivery issue.

This is the story of why my signature reads ‘2009 Xylo (changed mind and got) G4 Innova’. The story starts from M & M and MPL dealership in Chennai:

I booked my car on 8th of February and dint get delivery for 2 months. The initial agreed time was 4 weeks from booking. March came and went no progress. Then after a month long discussions, I was told that I would get delivery of Xylo not later than 15th April. This April 15th was promised and was even given in writing. But again, 15th came and went no call from MPL. I shot another letter to M & M, and then I got a call from MPL after 3 days telling me that they have 8 seater and, I refused, I told them I want Gold Shimmer E8 7 seater. When will my car arrive was my question, the car which I booked would arrive around 22nd was the answer. I told them having waited for more than 2 months I don’t mind waiting for another week. I got a call from MPL asking me if my finances are ready. In turn I asked them if the car has arrived in Chennai and if I see the car. ‘I am not sure where the car is now, about 3 trucks of cars have arrived in Chennai and I m sure that Ur car will me in it’ was the answer I got from him. I asked him to get his act together and first make sure if my car has arrived and then ask about my finance. Anyway I decided to get the finances ready as the loan which was already approved got lapsed when march 31st happened. Called in a guy, lets call him Mr.V..

Now this V becomes the center of the story now. He comes in and I give him all the papers required, he says he loan will be thru in 48 hrs. Just before he leaves he says that he has lot of contacts in the used car loan section of a bank and he can get sparinnly used cars which were seized for non payment of EMI. He also said he can get top end Innova 2008 for about 8L. I was very interested and the greed got to me. I said there was no harm in look at the cars. The next day he took us to a used car dealership, This was the first misleading that he did, I asked him what happened? He told us he would get it from the bank directly but he has taken us to dealership. He gave some lame excuse saying that all cars in seized section are damaged. I was not happy, anyways asked him to show the cars. The dealer showed up 3 cars. 2 Innova G4 and a Tavera Top end.

We narrowed in on the light green Innova. By this time the Xylo had not arrived still and there was a relative who just got a Xylo gave a bad review of the car to my family. And dad read somewhere on the net that Xylo dint have side impact bad (is it true anyways?). So, all these factors made us drop xylo and go for Innova in full. I asked the MPL dealership for refund of the booking amount. Now, the negotiation for the Green Innova went on in full swing. There was asking for 8.25L and we were asking for 7.25L, then we came up and they came down. After some tedious negotiation we were struck at 7.55 and they wanted 7.65. Now, we dint want to pay more, but my dad was interested in the car and thought that this was a good car and was about tell them the final offer of 7.6L. But this Mr.V again crops up and says don’t go beyond 7.55L, the seller does not have any other buyer, so he would come down to this price. So, we kept quite and waited. That evening my dad called up again to offer them 7.60L but the seller told that another buyer had sealed the deal for 7.75L. Now this is the second time this Mr.V mislead us.

Then we saw another Light Green Innova G4 2007 run about 39K kms. Had a good service record, then again the negotiations started and the deal was sealed at 7.5L. Gave them token advance of 25K. Now, turned to Mr.V to enquire about the loan. Again he started talking all non sense saying that papers I gave him was not enough, if he submitted those papers then the loan would not get approved. He told me that he can get the paper through but, that means I would have to part 5% of the loan amount. Then I told him if he would do anything illegal, then I don’t want the loan even if it meant that I don’t get my car. I asked him to clear my room in 30 secs.

Then I remembered that I had met a used car financier about 6 months ago and he had told me to contact him if I required any used car loans in the future. I searched for his card and told him that I wanted to buy a used car. He asked me to bring the car along with me and we can finish it in a single sitting. I called the used car dealer and told him that taking funds from this particular private financier and he told that this financier is very well known to him. So, armed with my IT papers and cheques went to the financiers office. After about half hour of negotiations in % of interest got the loan thru and he assured the used car dealer of 6.25L.

This Monday was Akshaya Trithiyay, went to the dealership paid the rest of the amount and got delivery of vehicle. Hopefully this story ends with I happily lived everafter with Innova.

First 4 pics are the cars which we TDed. The rest are the pics of the Innova we got. I have just driven about 20 kms, so will post about the driving experience.

PS: The person driving the car is my Dad. I m behind the camera. I m only 25 and single
Attached Thumbnails
Innova, way my mind went…-dsc02480.jpg  

Innova, way my mind went…-dsc02482.jpg  

Innova, way my mind went…-dsc02485.jpg  

Innova, way my mind went…-dsc02490.jpg  

Innova, way my mind went…-dsc02506-copy.jpg  

Innova, way my mind went…-dsc02510-copy.jpg  

Innova, way my mind went…-dsc02513-copy.jpg  

Innova, way my mind went…-dsc02518-copy.jpg  

Innova, way my mind went…-dsc02521-copy.jpg  

Archish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2009, 16:32   #2
BHPian

Congrats Archish, for the new ride
Looks neat and well maintained.
Enjoy ride and drive safe.
Mr.Bangalore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2009, 16:46   #3
BHPian

congrats Archish,
Innova IMHO is better than XYLO. you made a wise decision. Enjoy your new ride.
chipfoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2009, 16:52   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archish View Post
PS: The person driving the car is my Dad. I m behind the camera. I m only 25 and single
Congrats Archish -

by the way, what were you thinking when you typed the above ? that t-bhp is some matrimonial site ?
narayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2009, 16:56   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Congrats Archish -

by the way, what were you thinking when you typed the above ? that t-bhp is some matrimonial site ?
Exactly, dont get your hopes up Archish!
pradster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2009, 16:56   #6

Congrats, Innova is one of the comfortable vehicles around in its class and you have made a right decision. I sat in a xylo but never felt it close to the interiors of innova, but it does offer what it is priced for.

I would suggest you to go in for rear parking sensors with a vision camera. It does help a lot while parking. Most of the minor damages for a vehicle like innova happens while parking.

All the Best.
signature12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2009, 17:19   #7
BHPian

Congrates Archish for the Innova, "All is well if it ends well". By the pics posted the innova is really kept neat and clean.

Enjoy your new ride.
shabahmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2009, 18:04   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Congrats Archish -

NO NO not at all, I was not thinking that bhp is matrimonial site. But believe me, you never know what happens where guys. Ha ha. Just some OT fun. its great.

Jokes apart. This is a real great car, comfort is there, thou i still feel that Xylo gives greater seating comfort, but heck, Innova is a better vehicle overall. It feels very safe. Am going to take her to bang. tommorow will be back on saturday. Will post the highway review.
Old 29th April 2009, 19:00   #9
BHPian

Innova had a toyota cassete and radio player. I wanted something more with CD and Pen drive and SD memory card, but my mom liked the one which came with the car, she likes to listen to radio and this toyota onw came with a dail tuner, so she insisted that it should be retained. And also i had a liking towards the HU that i had in my Siena. I tried to get a the same brand but couldnt find one.

So, bought a kenwood HU for my siena and then put in the siena's HU in Innova. Also retained the cassette and radio player in Innova, put in a toggle swtich to alternate between both.

Here is before and after pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Innova, way my mind went…-1.jpg  

Innova, way my mind went…-2.jpg