Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 3rd May 2009, 23:59   #16
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations oyster. Lovely car. The grey colour looks great with the tyre alloy combo. Nice alloy design too. Suddenly the no. of ATs on the forum are growing especially the i10. Keep updating .

P.S Just read in your signature that you owned a Zen AT. How bout something on the ownership experience of that car? I am keen to know since I owned a Zen AT earlier as well.
Dippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2009, 00:52   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Congratulations oyster. Lovely car. The grey colour looks great with the tyre alloy combo. Nice alloy design too. Suddenly the no. of ATs on the forum are growing especially the i10. Keep updating .

P.S Just read in your signature that you owned a Zen AT. How bout something on the ownership experience of that car? I am keen to know since I owned a Zen AT earlier as well.
hey dippy, will definitely post my experiences with Zen once I am done with all the issues and experience of the new i10. I have a lot to write about my good old Zen.
greyoyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2009, 07:09   #18
BHPian

Thumbs up

Congratulations oyster. more and more i10s on road great.

safe driving.

one more thing just a query to i10 owners

If you are driving in a straight line, my steering wheel is not exactly straight, it has a slight offset of about 5 degrees. It doesn't affect the handling of the car though.
Anybody noticed it.

Asked the dealer mechanic about it he said all the i10's (manual and auto)have this slight offset . i personnally saw this on 3/4 i10's 1.2 kappa. what's the reason for this.

Hope to get your views of the above observations.
Rjeevan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2009, 11:51   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rjeevan View Post

If you are driving in a straight line, my steering wheel is not exactly straight, it has a slight offset of about 5 degrees. It doesn't affect the handling of the car though.
Anybody noticed it.
Nope not mine. It's perfectly aligned.
Tejas@perioimpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2009, 14:16   #20
BHPian

I second tejas on that. No issues faced by me at all. Perfect in this aspect.
anilkalvani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2009, 12:38   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rjeevan View Post
Congratulations oyster. more and more i10s on road great.

safe driving.

Anybody noticed it.

Asked the dealer mechanic about it he said all the i10's (manual and auto)have this slight offset . i personnally saw this on 3/4 i10's 1.2 kappa. what's the reason for this.

Hope to get your views of the above observations.
Even mine is slightly tilted. And I have faced this one earlier in my Zen. The steering wheel is not perfectly straight even when the car is parked straight. Any thoughts on this ?
Old 8th May 2009, 14:01   #22
Senior - BHPian

wow, another i10 AT. Your milegage seems impressive. The color choice is one of my favorite. The seat covers look nice and gel with the car interiors. Enjoy driving.

By the way, have you kept the 2nd din slot empty ? You could have bought 2 Din system since you car has space for it.
tanwaramit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2009, 16:46   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
wow, another i10 AT. Your milegage seems impressive. The color choice is one of my favorite. The seat covers look nice and gel with the car interiors. Enjoy driving.

By the way, have you kept the 2nd din slot empty ? You could have bought 2 Din system since you car has space for it.
Thanks Amit. The 2nd DIN slot was kept empty for 2 reasons 1. I couldnt afford a 2 DIN music player 2. I wanted the slot to be empty so that I can keep all the wires and toll bills inside it which might otherwise be hanging around somewhere in my car.
Old 14th May 2009, 21:33   #24

Got back the car from 1st service last weekend. Had asked the service manager to look at a few problem (Weird sound at 60 KMPH ) but comfortably he had forgotten to solve the very few problems he had with my car.

My 1st service experience with HMP Chennai was very bad. I had to wait in queue for 30 minutes to get my car inside their service area. Since it was on a Sunday ( They do free service only on Sundays ), I guess I was put in such a situation. Nevertheless, they dropped my car at home in the evening. That was the only good thing they did for me this time.

As I said previously, the car had taken in around 38 liters and the trip now reads 360 with more than 5 liters left in the tank (the needle is still in the penultimate mark from the bottom and the low fuel warning hasn't started glowing yet).

I hope I would break my previous FE record of 11 Km/L this time around. Expecting it to be a bit higher on the next refill as the car had done with its first service.
Old 15th May 2009, 13:15   #25
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyoyster View Post
As I said previously, the car had taken in around 38 liters and the trip now reads 360 with more than 5 liters left in the tank (the needle is still in the penultimate mark from the bottom and the low fuel warning hasn't started glowing yet).
It is generally advised not to allow the fuel to reduce to such an extent. The general reason is that any impurities could be sucked in and enter the fuel line. The present day fuel pumps are immersed in the fuel and a certain volume of fuel in the tank ensures that the pump is able to maintain adequate fuel pressure in the line.
trrk is offline   Reply With Quote