Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 1st June 2017, 18:01   #1591
BHPian

Default Re: Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjithin View Post
How was the mirror removed? Is it twist type or pull down type or screws holding the mirrors?
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
IIRC the IRVM is held by screws behind the plastic cap.
Thats right, The Plastic cap is pull out type and within it there are a set of screws
InControl is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2017, 19:43   #1592
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chncar View Post
After almost 7 years of blissful ownership and many great memories with my Ritz, it's finally time to say goodbye to it, with a mixed emotions. I have put it up for sale and the TBHP classified ad is here:
http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...or-sale/55980/

It lacked safety (Airbags were not available even as an option on the diesel variant when I bought the car), and had the limitations of the tall-boy handling characteristics and the laggy, bunched up power delivery of the MJD engine, but it was one heck of a car to drive nevertheless. I still miss the comfortable seating, there was absolutely no fatigue felt after driving the whole day and it just felt like sitting in one's favorite armchair. The controls were light and precise and it was the best built Maruti of it's generation. The steering is a lot better than Maruti's current generation cars and so is the ride quality. There is a lot that Maruti got right with that car, too bad that our market is driven by looks and herd mentality and the model was only a modest success when it should have been a bestseller.

Rightly said. this is a far better car compared to the Swift in terms of practicality and comfort and VFM. I still feel this is a better car amongst the Maruti hatchback with power, styling, comfort and practicality. The best feature I feel is the NVH levels in the Petrol version is so low that you can't hear anything from outside and mistake the engine is off at traffic light and you will end up cranking the engine. Best part is this car has a good night time visibility in the streets or highway compared to other hatchbacks of Maruti because of it unique tail light design. I personally feel this made the car different from others. Unlike the swift which is also sold as desire and Baleno now. The looks are almost same in the low or mid versions of the Baleno and you can mistake it for swift unless you observe of the sheer size of it. I had a colleague who repented selling his Ritz for i10 and regretted his decision later. He sold the i10 as well and considered buying the Ritz and by then the production of new Ritz had been stopped and its available only for VXI and cabs and not for general people.

I owned a ZXI in 2013 and it was the best first car ever. Still feel I can buy one. Don't understand the herd mentality of our people, its like my neighbour buys a Swift/i10 so will I instead of actually trying to consider whether the car meets our needs of comfort and practicality etc.,. Maruti should have ideally stopped the Swift which I feel is overrated and doesn't deserve being sold for more than 10 years now. So bored of seeing it everywhere, I had about 23 swifts parked in a residential lane. (only my opinion) swift lovers ignore. Ritz lovers will understand.
Sunsh!nes is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2017, 18:49   #1593
Senior - BHPian

My Ritz ZDi's Glove compartment door is stuck.

Is there any option to open it without taking it to the service center?
mithun is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2017, 20:48   #1594
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post

The lock's lever is broken. I've had two such breaks in the the last 8 yrs of ownership. No option but to insert a screwdriver to open it, while scratching the area of the lock and then putting in a new lock/ lever.
SLK is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2017, 15:11   #1595
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK View Post
The lock's lever is broken. I've had two such breaks in the the last 8 yrs of ownership. No option but to insert a screwdriver to open it, while scratching the area of the lock and then putting in a new lock/ lever.
i faced the same issue two months back(Ritz VXi Genus Nov 2010), a new lock would cost you around 150 rupees, No other option but to pry it open with the help of a screwdriver
InControl is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote