Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 8th February 2018, 12:38   #1606
BHPian

Default Re: Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
I got the 60K service done at MSM last month and the total bill amount was Rs 13K (including EGR cleaning).

For the last 2 days, I'm hearing a thud/clink clank noise from the front wheels when I negotiate pot holes.

What could be the culprit? Link Rod (or) Shocks?

Can someone help?
I also experienced similar Issue recently in my Ritz VDI. There was a rumbling sort of noise or a thud noise which going over Potholes or Speed Breakers.

Maruti inspected and stated that there is Play developed in the Front Suspension.
Both Link Rods, One Side Strut and Stabilizer Bar Bush was replaced which got rid of the noise.

Though replacing Shocks was suggested as last resort if the noise didn't go away.

Last edited by abhi3284 : 8th February 2018 at 12:39. Reason: Add data
abhi3284 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2018, 12:41   #1607
BHPian

Default Re: Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review

i am also a proud owner of Ritz VDI. And over a period of 7 years the car has been driven for around 75000 kilometers. The running would have easily crossed 1 lakh mark had i not got a new honda diesel. But believe me that the ownership has been fantastic all these years. I try to sneak out with this rocket whenever possible. Initially, when the car was serviced at one of the dealer network, the service bills would run really high. Touching 10-12 thousand every-time. But then i switched over to one of the Maruti Authorized service stations near my home and then the bills dropped to less than half. The main reason i see here is that the advisers here do not scare you away by proposing useless value additions. Infact, i asked them if the brake shoe needs replacement to which they said that it would last another thirty thousand kilometers.

I also felt the rumbling sound at around Sixty thousand mark. Changed the shocker mounts, link rods and some rubber bush along the stabilizer bar. The total cost was around 2700.
su1978 is offline   Reply With Quote