Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 12th May 2009, 12:11   #1
BHPian

Default Getz Crdi-16500 kms--ownership report

Hi Team Bhpian's,

First of all i would like to thank all the BHPian's who have helped me in deciding this car a year before.I should say that this site have become like a one stop shop for all queries related to automobiles in India.

This is my 1st review on this site and it has been a long due one.I was not sure what to write and how to start then i taught there should be a starting point and decided to pen down my views on my car as well as on this site.

Jan 2008 i decided to upgrade my car to a new one. I decided to go for diesel because i wanted to do a lot of long journeys in my new car and most importantly wanted to avoid the bus travel from bangalore to calicut every 2 months.so after a long long running google searches & calculations finally decided upon swift vdi and had the car booked in mar 1st week.But then the waiting period told to me was 8 months and that kept me wanting for more..I ended up walking to the maruti showroom every saturday asking them weather they can deleiver my car any sooner.and every time i asked them they had the same answer.Every day i was spending more time on net searching and learning different things anbout cars than working and thats when i came across team bhp.i immeadietly applied for member ship and got it approved after 1 week.since thenm i have been a fan of this site.Once when i was reading through i saw some thread on getz crdi and then things were different.

A walk into Trident hyundai and then choosing getz over swift was not difficult ( no hard feelings toward swift since i too admit its a good VFM but some tings are not just about money ).The dealership was nothing great & was neither very disappointing it was just ok.They promised me of deleivering the car in one week and on jun 22nd i was the proud owner of a getz crdi.The threads on post delivery checks on this site helped me on that day,& i made sure that i got each and every question answered by the sales guys.I had opted for all dealership accesories since i wanted the car fully loaded and didn't want to give to some un experience guy next door.The accesories i feel were slightly on costlier side but then atleast i had complete peace of mind.

Accesories on my car:-

1) Aura alloys
2) Bridgestone turanza tyres
3) Pioneer ipod + mp3 player
4) Polk front & rear speaker + tweeters.
5 ) 3M sun filims
6) leather seats

Now talking about the car..

ITs truely a beast on wheels..It takes a lot of patience to tame this beast i mean one can easily get carried away by the raw power this car has under its hood.Intially i was very skeptical about the brakes or rather the lack of an ABS. but then i have done 140 kmph in this car and at such speeds too the brakes gives a lot of confidence though a slight wobbling is felt at the steering at such high speeds but then 120kmph is a peice of cake for this vehicle. Now about the Interior space..every time i get into this car i thank my luck that finally i had paid for something which is truely diserving.comforts at its best.I would say that the inteeriors are the best in class and i don't think any one will have a different opinion on that.thaugh one thing i wish hyundai provided was driver hand rest..i have no clue why hyundai decided not provide one on there premium model.but then no complaints because the rest of things are just perfect that you can easily forgive hyundai for not providing one hand rest.Only thing which worries me is the cost of ownership of these cars because having owned almost all models of maruti (except for gypsi---i still would love to own one--wish i had that extra molaah) i know how cheap there parts are and i am sure its a different case with hyundai.I am looking forward to my 3 rd service to get a fair picture of what and all get changed during a regular service and to find out how much they cost.

Today the car has clocked 16700 odd kms whcih includes one trip to munnar & back which covered more than 2000 kms (all thanks to team bhp for providing much needed info on such trips) , also had a small trip to coorg recently, & not to forget atleast 30 trips to calicut each one of whcih itself is a 700 kms journey up & down.

I would like to mention the use of nitrogen for tyres here.My car runs on tyres which are filled with nitrogen( In bangalore you can get it done form MATS fuel pump near cosmos mall in brookefields).A quik search on web will give detailed reports on why its good and things like that.strangely enough i didn't see any mention about this in team bhp. I am not sure on how much of what they say is true but from my experiecne i can say that it increases ur road grip and ride qulaity and also in this time frame i never had a flat and u just need to refill this once in 6 months.I feel this is very good comapanion for people who travel a lot.

Over all I think buying this car has been by far the most intilligent thing i have done in a long time.

I feel this car is going to stay with me for long helping me discover india more & more.

Finally thanks once again each & every one in team bhp for all the help and i promise that i would pay back to this site by putting in my small small contibutions in form of travelouge or reviews.

Regards
Hari

Note:- I have not included any pic since i have no clue how to add that team bhp logo into my pics.and i guess thats one of the criteria for uploading.so if some one can help with that i can upload my pics.
shreehari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2009, 12:21   #2
Senior - BHPian

Hi Shreehari,

Congrats and GetZ Crdi is a great car.
Defn you will enjoy each and every minute with this car
Happy Motoring
aks_karthik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2009, 14:13   #3
Senior - BHPian

Congrats. Welcome to the Getz CRDi club.
undead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2009, 14:48   #4
BHPian

Hey shreehari,

what kind of FE you are getting?
loving_alaap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2009, 18:05   #5
BHPian

Please post the pictures. The logo will get attached by the software itself.

Read the post for details
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announ...-team-bhp.html (Uploading photographs directly to Team-BHP)

As requested , please let us know kind of FE, you are getting?
Ram_NP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2009, 18:41   #6
BHPian

great review hari!
getz crdi is a beast ,no doubt about that.
raw power and adrenaline rushing.
do post pics soon
shantyrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2009, 10:03   #7
BHPian

Thanks guys..

This is my baby...
Getz Crdi-16500 kms--ownership report-img_1771.jpg

I am getting around 13-15 kmpl in city limits.(This highly depends on my mood which in turn translates to my driving style) and in highways it returns me 17-18 kmpl.When ever i have calculated my highway mileage it has been always a mix of different terrains .for example for my recent tip to munnar whcih included superb highway roads were i did 120+ ,then cam teh forest ares in chinnar & then the slow moving hill station traffic of munnar etc etc..after the trip when i calculated the average it returned me 17kmpl.which i guess is fantastic with kind of terrain we had gone through.and for the pics i am uploading some more right here.

Getz Crdi-16500 kms--ownership report-img_2948.jpg
Getz Crdi-16500 kms--ownership report-img_2944.jpg
Getz Crdi-16500 kms--ownership report-img_2949.jpg
Getz Crdi-16500 kms--ownership report-img_2950.jpg
Getz Crdi-16500 kms--ownership report-img_2638.jpg

If some one is interested in seeing how the car looks from inside i would post some pics of that also soon.
Old 14th May 2009, 15:38   #8
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Beautiful house shreehari

How are you finding the headlights in the getz!?
aZa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2009, 15:52   #9
BHPian

hi aZa,

I have read in several threads that getz headlights are a big let down but quite frankly i have never felt the need for upgrading my lights.it gives a quite good amount of visibility. i am unable to compare it with any other car because the previous cars that i owned were all m800's or ominis and this is defenitely better than those.but yeah i feel a little inferior when some cars move past me with after market headlights but as such iam pretty ok with the stock ones.

:-) & the house..i wish it was mine...but as they say
" Most of the good things in life are either illegal,fattening or belongs to some one else "

this belongs to some one else..This one is a home stay in coorg.
Old 25th May 2009, 18:04   #10
BHPian

Default Edit

Done my third & final free service and got a bill of 4000/-.I wanted to switch over synthetic oil from now onwards but then was unable to spot a dealer on saturday morning.hence i had to go with usual oil change.But then i spotted a guy in Jc road by name prasad(080 41496502/ 9980551408) who deals in MObil 1 engine oils.I am putting his contact info so that who ever is looking out for Mobil 1 dealers can check out this shop.I have not brought Mobil 1 because now i am stuck with lot of doubts..
and i would appreciate if some one clear me off these doubts..

1st)since i have already done a oil change does it make any sense to change oil before even running 500 kms.

2nd)I had a chat with couple of service advisiors of advaith & trident hyundai and i was told by them that use of any other oil apart from hyundai certified oils can void the warranty.

3rd)Every one says to stick to company specs.but then there is not even a single synthetic alternate to 15w-40. in Mobil 1 the closest is 5w-50.i have no clue what is this oil will do to the engine.

4th) Does this engine oil change help as it is speculated if its is not complemented with good filters like K& N (Trident quoted me 6000/- for a K& N filter) & with other proper mods.
Old 25th May 2009, 19:16   #11
Senior - BHPian

Rs.4K for a free service? What is the breakup?
gemithomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2009, 09:11   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreehari View Post
Done my third & final free service and got a bill of 4000/-.I wanted to switch over synthetic oil from now onwards but then was unable to spot a dealer on saturday morning.hence i had to go with usual oil change.But then i spotted a guy in Jc road by name prasad(080 41496502/ 9980551408) who deals in MObil 1 engine oils.I am putting his contact info so that who ever is looking out for Mobil 1 dealers can check out this shop.I have not brought Mobil 1 because now i am stuck with lot of doubts..
and i would appreciate if some one clear me off these doubts..

1st)since i have already done a oil change does it make any sense to change oil before even running 500 kms.

2nd)I had a chat with couple of service advisiors of advaith & trident hyundai and i was told by them that use of any other oil apart from hyundai certified oils can void the warranty.

3rd)Every one says to stick to company specs.but then there is not even a single synthetic alternate to 15w-40. in Mobil 1 the closest is 5w-50.i have no clue what is this oil will do to the engine.

4th) Does this engine oil change help as it is speculated if its is not complemented with good filters like K& N (Trident quoted me 6000/- for a K& N filter) & with other proper mods.
i have an indica 2005 dls NA. for the last 30,000 kms i have been running it on synthetic oil (shell helix for 10k remaining mobil 1). the experience has been good so far, but the oil is very costly (in delhi it cost rs 833 per litre) and it does not feel justified to spend so much on every service of an almost 5 year old car.
by the way you can substitue 15w-40 with 0w-40 or 5w-50 (both of them are available in mobil 1). for a getz crdi, i think it will be good to go with mobil 1. after switching to mobil 1 your oil change interval will increase to 15000 kms.
with the prices for getz crdi being slashed i hope i can by one now (fingers crossed).
on a related note, i am not recommending mobil 1, its just a matter of pure choice. the engines run good even on non-synthetic oils. for regular city driving i do not think synthetic oils have an advantage, but they definately have it when the engine is in the higher rev range.
as mobil 1 itself says "when performance is the only criteria".

Last edited by pb10gagan : 5th June 2009 at 09:21.
pb10gagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2009, 13:08   #13
Senior - BHPian

Nice review of Getz.
Also please mention about the OTR price of your vehicle
Quote:
Originally Posted by shreehari View Post
Today the car has clocked 16700 odd kms whcih includes one trip to munnar & back which covered more than 2000 kms (all thanks to team bhp for providing much needed info on such trips) , also had a small trip to coorg recently, & not to forget atleast 30 trips to calicut each one of whcih itself is a 700 kms journey up & down.
Seriously some calculation has gone wrong here
30 trips each of 700kms will account to 21,000kms and your car has run 16,700kms ;-)
Is that a typo ?
sushrutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2009, 11:09   #14
BHPian

Default Hi

I am so sorry for the wrong calculations .I was just so over exited during writing the post that i actually didn't pay much attention to the detail...but then any ways it forced me to look at how much i really traveled in this car in the last 11 months..

home town trip -700kms * 15=10500
bangalore --munnar & hometown=2000
bangalore -coorg=600kms
2 or 3 bangalore-mysore = 3*300=900
this totals upto 14000 kms and the rest of driving in & around bangalore.

Thanks sushrutha..because you actually made me look back at my car use age trend.

& then thanks pb10gagan

I was very much in need of this info because i was so confused with this synthetic oil thing.
Old 9th June 2009, 11:14   #15
BHPian

K&N Filter costs Rs. 4200, wow at Rs. 6000 thats a lot of margin
anarchist is offline   Reply With Quote