Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 28th May 2009, 12:20   #76
BHPian

Continuing further with more pics -

1st image - Front view with Bullguard

3rd image - JK tyres with Mahindra wheel caps. I have crossed 2000kms now and find the tyres to have excellent grip on the road. The noise inside is negligible even when I am cruising at 130kmph. I also found that when you go for an upgrade to alloys and bigger tyres the buyback value of JK is lower as compared to a Bridgestone. Hence you will find Bridgestone to be preferred choice among T-BHP forums.

4th image the integrated reflector in the bumper.

5th image - spare wheel, body coloured mud flaps.

6th image - spacing between front row seats and middle row seats. The front seat is almost fully extended to the maximum. The AC vents can be seen in the centre

7th image - Middle row seats.

8th image - Rear door. Notice the mobile phone and bottle holder. The bottle holder however is good enough for 500ml bottles.

9th image - 60:40 split seats in the middle row. The single seater seat has been folded to make way for ingress and egress in the last row.

10th image - last row seating.
Attached Images

passionrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2009, 12:30   #77
BHPian

Continuing still further with still more pics :-)

1st image - Integrated spoiler with stop light and rear wash

2rd image - Last row corner seat with headrest support.

4th image - the manual lever for fuel flap incase the electronic one fails for any reason.

5th image - Speakers integrated in the rear door.

6th, 7th image - Cabin view from the rear
8th image - Boot space. It is bare minimum and next to nothing

9th image - However notice the space under the last seat. Not much but still useful to tuck in small pieces of luggage when travelling with 6 or more adults.

10th image - IPop door protectors with 3M tape
Attached Images

Old 28th May 2009, 12:40   #78
BHPian

I have still more pics to share. So here goes...

The 5th/6th/7th image was the most difficult to click. All lights on the dash are ON only for 1 second. Notice the lights for the ABS, Water in Fuel warning, Empty fuel indicator, Engine malfunction indicator (extreme top right) which are not seen regularly.

The last blurred image here is an attempt to capture Water in fuel indicator and reverse fog lamps (available in VLX I believe)
Attached Images

Old 28th May 2009, 12:49   #79
BHPian

The last lot of pictures....

1st image - Reverse camera system

2nd,3rd,4th image - This is a 3-in-1 chinese contraption. This works as a Rear view anti-glare mirror but when the reverse gear is engaged it turns into a LCD screen showing the road behind your Scorpio. Finally it works as a Bluetooth handsfree by integrating with your bluetooth enabled phone. I have it paired with my Blackberry and has been working wonderfully so far. It has its own Microphone and speakers but if you have a DVD enabled system in your car this can be integrated with that as well to play your movies on the go.

5th image onwards - JVC dual-din stereo system.
Attached Images

Old 28th May 2009, 13:29   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by passionrider View Post
The 2nd image shows the foot mats that I got from Mahindra. The transparent mat over the foot mat is what I purchased after-market. It is better than those paekypoda ones and has little ribs below it to grip the carpet better.

The 2 unused buttons are for the Micro-Hybrid and Auto headlamp feature which is available in the VLX model.

6th/7th/8th are those of seat covers I added. Art leather.
nice pics brother.
1) i got the same transparent mats for free, they look good.
2) 3 unused buttons - auto headlamp, auto wiper & micro hybrid...
3) seat covers look great.

Quote:
@badboyscad - yes it indeed is. You can see the plastic cladding as all layers of paint seem to have been ripped off. My only concern is when they do a touch-up with a brush, the color never matches and it still looks odd and out of place.
please avoid the touch ups. they are an eye sore. i had done in my scorpio. but i chose to re-paint the entire area.

Quote:
The AC vents are with vertical fins in the Refresh model. The flow of air in each vent can controlled by a circular knob at the bottom of the vent

More pics to follow ......
the vertical fins for AC were introduced much earlier, i think that was when the mHawk was launched. my mHawk has vertical fins.

Quote:
Continuing further with more pics -

6th image - spacing between front row seats and middle row seats. The front seat is almost fully extended to the maximum. The AC vents can be seen in the centre
this is the reason i suggest the 7 seater version to all. the 8 seater version is very cramped with front seats fully behind, as seen in the pic.
raj_5004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2009, 14:10   #81
Senior - BHPian

nice pics passionrider the beast looks good, the front bull bar has an engraving of scorpio, looks cool. Also has mahindra bullbar covering lights also ? cos its good to defend that also from the morons on the road. How much did you pay for this reverse camera ? how effective is it in the night ?

On the beemer thing, yeah, could be, but for my case, am looking for a safe place to park my next vehicle wheneve it comes (in next 2-3 months)

Last edited by tanwaramit : 28th May 2009 at 14:12.
tanwaramit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2009, 14:27   #82
BHPian

Yes the Mahindra OEM unit covers the fog lamps but will make your Scorpio look the same in a crowd. I preferred the engraved version as it was distinct and something that I hadn't seen before. As for protection well you have to protect it like any other car. Scratches however are inevitable in Delhi traffic

Glad you liked the pics.

The camera comes in different variants starting from 800. This one costs around 1800/- and is night vision enabled. It works very effectively during night time. There is another one for around 1200 with LED infra-red lamps around camera. It also is bigger in diameter. That gives just about ok-ok vision in the night.

In fact if you see the image in the camera it was late evening. It was almost 7:30 when I clicked the photographs of the Reverse camera system so you can see that the camera is sufficiently powerful in low light conditions.

Last edited by passionrider : 28th May 2009 at 14:33. Reason: Missed added a point
Old 28th May 2009, 15:00   #83
BANNED

Very nice pics. Passionrider.
Front bull is looking good, how much does it cost & did you get from Mahindra?
bhp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2009, 15:26   #84
BHPian

Thanks bhp1

The bull guard is not Mahindra standard.

I got it for 2800/- from India Motor Store in Kashmere Gate, New Delhi. The brand is 'Challenger' which was supposed to be good but it hardly matters are there are various companies that make these guards. Just see which one suits your budget best.

I also paid 1300/- for the rear guard from the same shop
Old 28th May 2009, 15:35   #85
BHPian

2 more pics (pardon the blurry pics as this is the best that my point & shoot camera can do when in macro mode). The dashboard has 'indicators' for indicating 4-wheel drive when engaged. Although Mahindra doesnt have an m-Hawk with 4-wheel drive as yet it is good to see that it surely in the pipeline.
Attached Images

Old 28th May 2009, 20:10   #86
BHPian

Hi passionrider, good work with the pics. Loads of white scorpios on the forum now. Must say that never really liked the white too much, but on the new scorpio, i think it suits the best. Infact it looks almost perfect. So much so that when i plan to get my scorp in the next couple of months, i get this sneaking suspision that it may turn out to be a white.
And nice seat covers. How much did u pay for them?
nvldvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2009, 20:34   #87
BHPian

Hi nvldvr

The covers are more like a stop-gap arrangement to protect my original seat covers. You see I have 2 small children and they keep jumping on the seats every time I take them for a drive.

However I am suprised that it is being appreciated by many folks on the forum. These art leather covers cost me Rs.2500/- and I plan to replace them in less than a year :-). The fitting of the covers isn't the best and person who did it actually made me visit him on 4 occassions before he got everything right.
Old 28th May 2009, 21:49   #88
BHPian

Wow, they are really good for 2500. You got them in delhi, right? I am sure i cant get anything comparable at this price in mumbai.
nvldvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2009, 10:42   #89
BHPian

Yes I got them from Delhi :-)
Old 29th May 2009, 11:01   #90
Senior - BHPian

Hi Passionrider, alongwith the camera did you purchase the Rear view mirror too ? it kinda looks good and is indeed helpful while parking in the reverse. I hope, the warranty is not impacted because of this.

You seem to have installed a lot of accessories in the vehicle, could see 2 speakers on the rear door.
tanwaramit is offline   Reply With Quote