Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 30th May 2009, 15:39   #76
BHPian

@ Bite The Bullet: I located your thread on "Test drived and initial..." There are pictures of your alloy wheeled "black beauty" but none with the lock that you mentioned above.

can you post a picture again ??
kingshukt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2009, 19:16   #77
BHPian

Default 1200 KM update

Hi,
I took her out for a nice long ride today, well long as in some 80 odd kms and it was great fun.

Name:  P1010725.jpg
Views: 1507
Size:  346.7 KB

The roads were pretty bad but the Safari handled the potholes beautifully. When there are a many undulations the Safari seems to tend to bounce around a little. I am not sure if this is normal or I need to ask the guys to take a look at it during the 1st service.

I am getting used to use the ORVMs and Reverse guide and its pretty easy to back-up. Though I still turn around by habit sometimes, only to see the huge spare

I experienced the whooshing noise ( I had read a lot about it on the forum) and its really loud. It start around the 65 km/hr mark and reaches a crescendo at around 80 kms/hr and then trails off at higher speeds (though it never quite disappears). It is pretty irritating especially when you are cruising on a nice empty stretch of road. I wonder if anyone has found a solution to it ?

Anyway I have made a note of it and will ask the service station guys, just for kicks. Wonder what explanation they will come up with.

She is giving an average of around 11 Kms / liter with the Air-con on 100% of the time and I hope on longer journeys this will improve slightly.

Till date she has been behaving well and I have not had any troubles whatsoever. The 1st service is due anytime now and will have to take care of it next week before the trip to B'lore.

I am looking forward to the trip to B'lore - Mysore and Kabini. Just 12 more days to go for my vacation. Yipee !!
umang dutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2009, 20:47   #78
Senior - BHPian

Great photos!

Are you still running on temp registration or is that the number?

And great to know that, regardless of many predictions by many Oracle here about doomsday, thing are pretty much trouble free.

Wishing you a wonderful trip on your vacation.
HappyWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2009, 21:32   #79
Senior - BHPian

umang, why did you fit that ugly black luggage carrier on the top buddy? it will spoil the looks of your car.
raj_5004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2009, 22:09   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Great photos!

Are you still running on temp registration or is that the number?

And great to know that, regardless of many predictions by many Oracle here about doomsday, thing are pretty much trouble free.

Wishing you a wonderful trip on your vacation.
Thanks. Yeah its the temp registration number. I have yet the get the permanent number plate made. Will do it in a couple of days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
umang, why did you fit that ugly black luggage carrier on the top buddy? it will spoil the looks of your car.
Too many people on the B'lore trip. 6 adults 3 childeren 2 dogs and 12 days of luggage . Luckily the carrier is clamped on to the 'roof rail' (wonder what they are called ) and so I plan remove it the moment I am back home.
Old 7th June 2009, 22:53   #81
AVR
BHPian

Congrats Umang on your GX!

Its nice to know about a few of us in Ahmedabad who are interested in the Safari. We should surely catch up - What do you say? Would be great to have a small trip with the few Safaris we have in Ahmedabad!

About the jack - Where did you buy it from? I need to pick up one myself.

Good luck with your trip to Bangalore!

Cheers,
AVR
AVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2009, 22:59   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by umang dutt View Post
...Too many people on the B'lore trip. 6 adults 3 childeren 2 dogs and 12 days of luggage . Luckily the carrier is clamped on to the 'roof rail' (wonder what they are called ) and so I plan remove it the moment I am back home.
Umang,

Is this just in the Safari or you have another vehicle tagging along for this trip?

If just the Safari, then, post the trip, would love it if you can put up an interview of the passengers of how they felt in the vehicle. No opinion is as good and blunt as that of the family's!
HappyWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2009, 23:09   #83
BANNED

Quote:
If just the Safari, then, post the trip, would love it if you can put up an interview of the passengers of how they felt in the vehicle. No opinion is as good and blunt as that of the family's!
Quote:
Too many people on the B'lore trip. 6 adults 3 childeren 2 dogs and 12 days of luggage . Luckily the carrier is clamped on to the 'roof rail' (wonder what they are called ) and so I plan remove it the moment I am back home.
Umang this trip is going to be a huge one for you, take care of the King and King will care for others who is travelling along.

As Happywheels said would love to know how the experience of the people on this tour and how your dogs took this trip.

Enjoy the trip
gowda79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2009, 23:17   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

yes, its called the roof rail.

WOW, you are making complete use of your SUV... like i did with mine... here is a pic!
Attached Thumbnails
My new Tata Safari GX - Cycus Grey + Artic Silver-07052009759.jpg  

My new Tata Safari GX - Cycus Grey + Artic Silver-07052009760.jpg  

Old 8th June 2009, 08:44   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Umang,
No opinion is as good and blunt as that of the family's!
Will do that. Like I mentioned before the children and dogs will go in the rear, so wonder what they will think of it especially after being there for around 8 hours at a stretch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowda79 View Post
Umang this trip is going to be a huge one for you, take care of the King and King will care for others who is travelling along.

As Happywheels said would love to know how the experience of the people on this tour and how your dogs took this trip.

Enjoy the trip
Thanks

Quote:
yes, its called the roof rail.

WOW, you are making complete use of your SUV... like i did with mine... here is a pic!
This is amazing. Wonder if this is some kind of record. "Most luggage squeezed into the Safari"
Old 8th June 2009, 16:03   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is amazing. Wonder if this is some kind of record. "Most luggage squeezed into the Safari"
sorry, its a scorpio...
Old 8th June 2009, 16:12   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
sorry, its a scorpio...

Raj,

So much luggage must have made the ride better and comfy ?
simply_sunny001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2009, 19:09   #88
BHPian

Quote:
sorry, its a scorpio...
Wow ! sorry I just saw all the luggage and assumed it was a safari
Its definitely a record !

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply_sunny001 View Post
Raj,

Last edited by umang dutt : 8th June 2009 at 19:11.
Old 8th June 2009, 21:20   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply_sunny001 View Post
Raj,

definetely, much better than the competition!
mahindra should offer these suitcases free with every scorpio... just in case...

on a serious note, i really found the ride quality to be superb with all the load. acceleration did not suffer too. wish my family allowed me to keep those suitcases in the car itself!
Old 15th June 2009, 19:01   #90
BHPian

Default Any New Updates

Hi Umang,

Any more updates on your Safari? When are you planning the Bangalore trip?

I too just booked a Safari GX ( Pearl White Single tone) 4X2 and am eagerly waiting for it to arrive
anshuman77 is offline   Reply With Quote