Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 2nd September 2009, 16:40   #151
Senior - BHPian

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please refrain from posting pics or text on speeds which are over the legal limit on our highways and roads.

Last edited by n_aditya : 21st January 2011 at 18:06.
aks_karthik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2009, 16:44   #152

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sathya_sc View Post
Amazed is the only word I can tell..

They fixed ALL my rattles eventhough it took them a day long to do that.

Two dedicated experts (most exp. in FIAT cars - Mr Senthil and Mr Gopi) out of the concorde Ambattur service station took charge of my car and told that they will fix all my problems whatever it takes. The Service Manager assured that he will direct them to get all the issues sorted.

They started their work by around 10 AM and it was really a long day for them to find out the "three" notorious rattles out of which one was the toughest to find since it was coming from the front portion of the car but were clueless on where it is coming from...

The fixing work:

Detached all my seats and took a test drive with me.. I was sitting on the floor along with them. Had a feeling, that itís my baby and I will need to do whatever it takes to fix the issues she had(so got on the car with my sleeves folded and was ready to get my hands dirty).

We again came to the showroom, detached my glove boxes and my music system to check if the rattles had got arrested. Still no luck.

Mean while they had put the car on the ramp to find out if the noise came from the body / engine compartment. But still no luck.

Without losing patience (the time was around 2PM), they came back and removed the side walls of the gear box and viola the noise disappeared.

Now they wanted to understand where the squeaking noise came from. Boiled down to the root cause that the side walls were rubbing with the AC pipeÖ So padded the entire side walls and the first noise got arrested.. (the squeaking noise which was really irritating). By now the time was 3 PM...

Now the second noise - which was coming from the front co-passenger seat and the front reading light.

They had removed the seat to find that the first batch of production cars had an issue of the floor height not reaching the seat and hence required the use of 5-6 washers which inturn had led to wearing out of the "BOLT". So to fix this, we had gone to the lathe to re-thread the body of the car and finally they were able to tighten the seat.

With a great relief, finally they removed the reading light to find a manufacturing defect of the clips not fitting into its slot. Replaced them immediately without any questions and amazingly the car became 100% silent and the time was close to 6PM.

We went again for a test ride to ascertain this and by then "Ganesh" pooja was happening in the service station. Participated in the pooja and has some prasad and finally left the service station close to 7 PM after thanking Mr Sairaj, Senthil and Gopi.

They assured that they are determined to bring back the reputation of FIAT in terms of service whatever it takes to do that.

Felt really happy and left the service station with complete satisfaction. To be honest, I have never had this with Maruti where I am one among the 1000 customers wherein here I had unique attention.

Mr Sairaj inspected my car and assured a couple of things proactively - replacement of the fuel cap which was loose, Check whether the seat issue can be fixed once for all since he was upset of the faulty set up (too many washers), Replacement of my glove box since it was kind of little tight and did not exhibit neat fit and finish. He assured he will "PROACTIVELY" give a call on Wednesday.

Left the place with complete satisfaction!!

FIAT service is great and good!!!!! and as I said every time they are improving.

Hope it will remain the same in the fore coming months and years as well!!!!

Regards,
Sathya
Hey Guys

I too am planning to buy a Linea and so reading up all the topics. Would anyone know of workshops in Delhi which will give so much importance to Linea owners and take so much pains in fixing the problems as in the case of Sathya?
I have experience of Palio, but none of the workshops pay so much attention.

Cheers...
johnniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2009, 17:23   #153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnniey View Post
I too am planning to buy a Linea and so reading up all the topics. Would anyone know of workshops in Delhi which will give so much importance to Linea owners and take so much pains in fixing the problems as in the case of Sathya?
I have experience of Palio, but none of the workshops pay so much attention.
Have you visited RAMA motors, Okhla? Didnt you find them good?
I went for 1st service of my Linea to ABS motors, Gurgaon and exp there was much better than Hyundai or Mahindra i own.

They removed all niggles and attended me very well - thead link
[LINK]http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/59811-my-silver-linea-1-4-emotions-took-me-away-3000-kms-update-11.html) [/LINK]

So far my experience with FIAT *** has been good, else time will tell.
coolboy007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2009, 17:49   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Going to Rajasthan next month and delhites know what a delight is Delhi-jaipur expressway. Will test top end of my petrol Linea though i expect it to be less than mjd.
Varodara-Ahmedabad will be a good bet. Have a safe drive
coolclouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2009, 18:03   #155
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Most cars can max their speedo out given a sufficiently long stretch including a M800. What matters is how quickly it gets to that speed. And anyone tried to test the top speed indicated by a GPS device? It would help to know the % of speedo error the Linea comes with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Wowwwwwwwwwwww
Again you proved to aliens that Linea MJD is not underpowered.
Due to the higher stability,control and smoothness even at high speeds no one on board won't get scared.
Enjoy the beauty and drive safe
Wow! So people who call the car underpowered (which it is given its weight) are referred to as "aliens" now? And what planet do you guys come from? Planet ONLYFIATSALLOWEDINHERE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by balajird View Post
this speed (on indian road conditions) is always prone for "uncalled" and "unforeseen" incidents.
Oh no! Not another one of those holier than thou debates again. Haven't we had enough of these? No amount of such posts will make anyone go slower, if they don't see the point. So lets give it a rest.

Last edited by n_aditya : 21st January 2011 at 18:07.
mclaren1885 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2009, 18:21   #156
Senior - BHPian

I find it amusing that this forum prohibits any mention of alcohol, but freely allows one to post videos of patently illegal (not to mention dangerous) activities. What's more, there seems to be explicit approval, with the thread's title having been changed.
v1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2009, 18:29   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManMachine View Post
Hi Satya !! You back. After longtime i am logging back. Please dont do more than 140 in Linea cos you are straining the engine. Higher speed = Lesser life IMO. What say guys???
Is it true that the engine will go for a toss if we rip it once in a while... ??? Pls advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineet_k21 View Post
ufff! high speeds on Indian roads is too much (at least for me)! Is there such a nice stretch on road to Ooty? But just be bit careful mate!!
Dude.. I did it in the Chennai - BLR highway on my way back to Chennai! If you read my post, I did Dharmapuri to Tambaram Bypass ...Its a delight to drive there..

NutandBolts.. Amazing stuff.. Somehow it reminds Matrix to me.

Regards,
Sathya

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please refrain from posting pics or text on speeds which are over the legal limit on our highways and roads.

Last edited by n_aditya : 21st January 2011 at 18:10.
Sathya_sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2009, 18:32   #158
Senior - BHPian

Seriously ?!!

Forget FIAT, its your luck that needs to be thanked.

Fountainheader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2009, 18:37   #159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I own a Dynamic and is without ABS.
Regards,
Sathya
Sathya,

Well than i wont appreciate what you did bro. I agree Linea inspires confidence in you with its great handling and stability but neither your car has AIBRGAS and nor it has a basic ABS which prevents wheels from locking in case of sudden braking.

You need ABS at those speeds because we can see people running around on our highways. You are there with your full family in your car so from now on please restrict your top speed to a bit comfortable level.

We never know what may happen, things happen within fraction of seconds. My Dad learnt it a hard way and is now much cautious even though we have E+ with airbags and ABS.

Hope you dont feel bad of my words, care for your family as you love them so much. Hihg Speeds is not what you should do in a car with no Abs or airbags to protect you.
Sorry if you mind.

coolboy007 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2009, 18:38   #160
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Most cars can max their speedo out given a sufficiently long stretch including a M800. What matters is how quickly it gets to that speed. And anyone tried to test the top speed indicated by a GPS device? It would help to know the % of speedo error the Linea comes with.
Exactly! How quickly is what matters.

Quote:
I am "fully" aware of the risk that I took when I did those speeds but am confident in Linea's abilities more than myself. I had a couple of situations where I had to do panic braking (thanks to the stray dogs) and Linea cooperated well.

Regards,
Sathya

And i wouldn't trust the abilities of a car above my abilities, which means i wouldn't push a car beyond my limits.

Btw i heard a baby cry in that video at 0:10. I wouldn't do those speeds or risk with a baby on board!

Last edited by Sankar : 2nd September 2009 at 18:43.
Sankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2009, 18:48   #161
BHPian

Take it a track, guys. Please. Safer for all those around!!
srijit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2009, 18:50   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Exactly! How quickly is what matters.

And i wouldn't trust the abilities of a car above my abilities, which means i wouldn't push a car beyond my limits.

Btw i heard a baby cry in that video at 0:10. I wouldn't do those speeds or risk with a baby on board!
Sankar.. While I appreciate your views, I tend to disagree to some extent and I had this written in my earlier post as well.. Leaving aside the risk, it is the car's handling and stability that matters when you have some traffic and when you are doing higher speeds. Not everytime the highways are free to push your car to limits and I did not go 15 or 20 minutes to get to that speed. It was quick and definitely quicker than many other powerful cars who tried to chase me. Again this is my personal opinion!!

Yeah, I had my daughter sleeping and she got disturbed a little bit when my wife tried to capture this.

Regards,
Sathya
Sathya_sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2009, 18:57   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
I find it amusing that this forum prohibits any mention of alcohol, but freely allows one to post videos of patently illegal (not to mention dangerous) activities. What's more, there seems to be explicit approval, with the thread's title having been changed.
By allowing such videos to be posted, is Team-BHP not encouraging other members to do the same. Some nut case tomorrow might decide to beat the Linea's or whichever car's top speed...

Quote:
Is it true that the engine will go for a toss if we rip it once in a while... ??? Pls advice.
The engine may not, but all else can go for a toss.

Look, I am not trying to play moral police here, but I could distinctly hear a baby cry in that video of yours. Please be a bit more responsible, atleast for the life of that little one. You did a speed on the kind of roads that were meant for 80, you know what the car is capable of, now slow down.

Last edited by n_aditya : 21st January 2011 at 18:11.
roms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2009, 19:02   #164
BHPian

You have got luck on your side at that speed..be it a car with ABS/With Air bags..I wouldn't dream of it with my family on board.

My family lost a Honda Civic, sometime back becoz of the carelessness of the driver, the speed was close to ONLY 100 KMPH. (The glass pieces of the windshield was on my bros lap) & the car was smashed in the front!

I have driven a lot of cars, & I have exceeded the legal limit, but not with family on board mate (be it a Ferrari on Indian Roads)

Going by your comments, I feel you like your Linea so much that you have the confidence (Over)..No doubt its a fabulous car & FIAT is a company with a lot of history in its engg capabilities, but pls do not stretch the mechanical / electronic components of the car, you never know when something fails!

My 2 Cents
Cheers, Nitin

Last edited by n_aditya : 21st January 2011 at 18:12.
crn12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2009, 19:03   #165
Senior - BHPian

Hi Satya

it seems you are on a sucide mission.
I do not agree with you statements about Linea, it's stability, risk factors etc. First of all you are putting not only your life, that of your wife, your daughter who does not know anything about these things, the people in the other vehicles, animals etc at risk.

i have been a follower of your thread, but from today, i am un-subscribing from your thread. Basically becasue

1. you are setting a wrong benchmark for the members of the forum as well as the non members who follow the threads in the forum, refer the forum for thier decision.

2. There are lot of youngsters, agegroup 14 onwards till 20 in the forum, who have not seen the world much, tend to belive what they read and follow it blindly or with limited knowledge.

3. I personally do not wish to read that some of these permutation going wrong in future and the consequences of it.

May God Bless you, may your calculations alway prove to be right.
i do not want read that it went wrong.

take care,
StarVegabond is offline   Reply With Quote