Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 4th September 2009, 22:23   #211
BHPian

All Brands of car has its own advantages and disadvantages. We cant really point out that any particular brand is THE BEST. We love all cars, but unfortunately we can buy only one car at a time, so we have to say what we own is the Best. But the argument continues.........always......The No End.

Last edited by ManMachine : 4th September 2009 at 22:28.
ManMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2009, 22:35   #212
BANNED

A relevant point related to the claim in this thread:

I was checking the specs of 1248cc Multijet, inline-4, common-rail diesel, VGT engine which Linea sports. Here it is:
0-60kph – 6.1sec,
0-100kph -15.6sec,
Top Speed -169kph (not on speedo)

Last edited by n_aditya : 21st January 2011 at 18:24.
diabloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2009, 09:37   #213
BHPian

you said that you are going to experiment with Linea.. what are you still doing here Mr.Diabloo..

thanks for the info.. but we have read it 1000 times atleast.. why didnt you give the 40-100 3rd and 4th gear acc. data.. oh no.. you may be shy to give it since it is better than a honda??

its waste of time for me to prove a point to someone who is not willing to listen..

req. you to continue your experients with the linea.. good luck.

Last edited by n_aditya : 21st January 2011 at 18:25.
Sathya_sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2009, 12:03   #214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
A relevant point related to the claim in this thread:

Top Speed -169kph (not on speedo)
Have you heard of something called speedo error?
amit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2009, 19:47   #215
Senior - BHPian

I am not able to see the video that is being discusses. If its posted, inform me because my browser is giving some issues.
If the video is not posted, threadstarter, PM me the link to the video. I would love to see that.

And, what a thread! A car overtakes another and eventually we have this thread that is so long.

Linea ride and handling are definitely good. Nobody can deny the ride and handling capabilities of European cars.
Its all about the driver and eventually if you are satisfied or not. If somebody is satisfied with Linea and other with City, its all personal preference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRD View Post
No matter how much you put in a baleno, its DNA will still be of an entry level sedan that could easily end up on its roof.
I have driven Baleno and one is currently we own one. With stock tyres what you say is correct because the engine is very strong. With updated tyres, its excellent.
This was the last car out of G1HC, Esteem, era that had excellent ride and handling. I live in outskirts of Vadodara city and roads are real bad. We dont feel them when in Baleno. Our M800 has support leaf springs at rear because we have installed CNG. So I am very well aware of how ride quality must be. Its OT, we will discuss it someday about what a capable car Baleno is.
aaggoswami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2009, 19:02   #216
BHPian

All,

I am going to the service station tomorrow to replace my fuel lid which looks little misaligned. Meanwhile I have a couple of issues.

The squeaking noise has recurred. This time I know where it is coming from unlike last time where we had to find it in a hard way. The gear box walls are touching the AC pipes to create an irritating squeak. Have to get it fixed once for all.

Another problem where I need some help guys.

While I apply brakes on my Linea, there is a "grinding" noise as though the brakes rub hard with something.

This occurs in two circumstances. One - when you are doing 20-30 km and when you apply brakes the grinding noise comes and stays until the car stops.

Another instance is when you just move your car and apply sudden brakes you get a good grinding noise from the walls of the disc. This could be from the brakes or from the suspension. I am not sure where it comes from (since there will be a heavy suspension play when I do that).

Do any one know what is the root cause and the fix for it? Please throw some light.

Aggoswami .. Have PMed you..

Regards,
Sathya

Last edited by Sathya_sc : 18th September 2009 at 19:22.
Old 18th September 2009, 19:57   #217
Senior - BHPian

This is a stupid suggestion, but grinding sound could be of muck stuck in the disc/calliers. I had experienced this when I run th car in muddy waters and run the car a day later. Did you drive through waters ?
prince_pervez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2009, 20:10   #218
BHPian

Hello Sathya

I saw your experience on the fuel lid, does it not close cleanly?

I have the same problem on mine, what works is that you lift it gently and press in, to close. Anyway its a better idea to have it replaced/set right.
PM - B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2009, 20:26   #219
BHPian

Hello Sathya, sorry to join the party late. Sad to hear your car giving niggling problems. Hopefully TASS sorts out your problems soon. On the brighter side, nice to hear that FIAT and TATA are working hard on service. I was not able to see your image. Liked your smile in the image.
Sarvodaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2009, 20:49   #220
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sathya_sc View Post
All,

Another problem where I need some help guys.

While I apply brakes on my Linea, there is a "grinding" noise as though the brakes rub hard with something.

This occurs in two circumstances. One - when you are doing 20-30 km and when you apply brakes the grinding noise comes and stays until the car stops.

Another instance is when you just move your car and apply sudden brakes you get a good grinding noise from the walls of the disc. This could be from the brakes or from the suspension. I am not sure where it comes from (since there will be a heavy suspension play when I do that).

Do any one know what is the root cause and the fix for it? Please throw some light.

Aggoswami .. Have PMed you..

Regards,
Sathya

It's common in ABS fitted Lineas.as said by Works Manager.
But for you,I don't know the specific reason.
call me, if you find the fixation.
aks_karthik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2009, 23:41   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
This is a stupid suggestion, but grinding sound could be of muck stuck in the disc/calliers. I had experienced this when I run th car in muddy waters and run the car a day later. Did you drive through waters ?
May be.. I think I did.. The first thing I am going to ask them is to clean the disc.. lets see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PM - B View Post
Hello Sathya

I saw your experience on the fuel lid, does it not close cleanly?

I have the same problem on mine, what works is that you lift it gently and press in, to close. Anyway its a better idea to have it replaced/set right.
Yes.. better to get it replaced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
It's common in ABS fitted Lineas.as said by Works Manager.
But for you,I don't know the specific reason.
call me, if you find the fixation.
I will definitely keep all of you posted about what is the root cause..

Meanwhile.. team-bhp site is having some problems in uploading avatars or profile pictures. Am I the only one facing this issue?

Regards,
Sathya
Old 4th October 2009, 16:48   #222
BHPian

Thumbs up My Linea as it stands at 8000kms in 4.5 months

Hi All..

Its time for an update guys on my Linea.

First things first. Let me start from the rattles and the grinding brake noise that was fixed by concorde.

Again Concorde did a wonderful job. My Senthil / Sairaj and finally "The Linea Master" Mr Gopi.. fixed all the rattling and niggling issues.

1. Grinding noise from Brakes were arrested just by cleaning the pads in the front disc. It was the mud that created the grinding noise. Now there is no problem
2. Squeak from the dash.. The culprit was the AC cooling pipe that was rubbing with some other parts... It was padded and the sound vanished.
3. Rear parcel tray noise. The culprit was not the parcel tray.. but some problem in the suspensions. It was fixed perfectly by Mr Gopi and Senthil.

Once piece of appreciation for Concorde.. Very patient, tolerant and "never say die" attitude (esp. Senthil/Sai and Gopi).. Fiat's service has always been better than Maruti per my experience (since I owned a rattling swift for almost 2.5 years.. it was never fixed even after numerous visits to multiple Maruti service stations).

Its true that sometimes I get irritated/frustrated to take the vehicle to the service station over and again.. but what to do? I can't tolerate even a small..really small noise from my beauty.

Yes, I am finicky but FIAT never failed to meet my expectations. Good job FIAT!

Now back to the performance of my car over a "not so long" weekend trip and my overall experience:

Total trip distance: 380 kms
Chennai to Thiruvannamalai round trip
Fuel efficiency: 17.8 km/lt for the round trip

Things that deserve a clap again:
1. Brilliant ride
2. Amazing handling and high speed dynamics
3. Good fuel efficiency

Bad things:

Can't think of anything as of now except for poor quality of plastics leading to frustrating rattles..

Overall in my 8000km relationship with Linea... I am loving it and looking for more years to stay together.

A quick recap of the important things that happened in the past 4.5 months:

1. Front suspension noise - Completely fixed through replacement of link rods
2. Front squeaking noise - Really a frustrating screeching sound. Was fixed initially but resurfaced. Now again fixed. I am in wait and watch mode. Lets see. I believe it will not re-occur.
3. Brake noise: A simple cleaning did the trick
4. Rear noise: From the suspension. Arrested by the Concorde folks
5. Head lamp focus issue: was solved in a few minutes.. now even lorries and buses are scared and give due respect.

Mechanicals are absolutely good and the engine is a "little wonder"..

My ratings:

Build: 4/5 (Built like a tank and can be taken to wars as well!)
Plastics: 3/5 (mainly because of rattling issues that I had faced)
Engine: 4/5 (It’s a little monster)
Fuel Eff: 4.5/5 (needless to say)
Ride:4/5 (Amazing.. my mother has undergone two major surgeries and she is absolutely happy and comfortable with this car)
Handling: 5/5 (One word.. Astounding.. This makes the car “dare to challenge” even with a small motor)
A.S.Service : 4.5/5 (Opposite to what I had expected. Simply brilliant!)
Overall: 4/5 (Its love and hate relationship with her, but yes.. I have fallen for her.. I can’t imagine a day of life now without her!)

Happy motoring!

Regards,
Sathya

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Post edited to remove high speed figures. Please refrain from posting pics or text on speeds which are over the legal limit on our highways and roads.

Last edited by n_aditya : 21st January 2011 at 18:31.
Old 4th October 2009, 17:45   #223
BANNED

Sathya

What was the head lamp focus issue & how was it solved?
VahanPujari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2009, 19:55   #224
BHPian

Nice update Sathya, Please keep updating your ownership thread, as Vahan as asked, what was the focus issue? and when you say "even lorries and buses are scared", it just increases the curiousity.
balajird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2009, 20:26   #225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Sathya

What was the head lamp focus issue & how was it solved?
the headlamp focus was little low and the throw was less.. they adjusted it..i mean they lifted the lights a little bit and now its great.. it was just a few minutes of work.

Regards,
Sathya