Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 4th October 2009, 20:48   #226
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balajird View Post
Nice update Sathya, Please keep updating your ownership thread, as Vahan as asked, what was the focus issue? and when you say "even lorries and buses are scared", it just increases the curiousity.
since the throw is high.. the trucks dim when i am on high.. now its mutual respect shown between the trucks and my linea. or as you know these trucks simply blind us by being on high all through..

Regards,
Sathya
Sathya_sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2009, 22:41   #227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sathya_sc View Post
the headlamp focus was little low and the throw was less.. they adjusted it..i mean they lifted the lights a little bit and now its great.. it was just a few minutes of work.

Regards,
Sathya

Sathya, very nice review. Good to know most of your issues were fixed competently. Where is the Concorde service center? I hope you plan on using the headlights leveling device so that you don't blind cars and bikes while driving in the city.
Gilead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2009, 23:15   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All..

Its time for an update guys on my Linea.

First things first. Let me start from the rattles and the grinding brake noise that was fixed by concorde.

Again Concorde did a wonderful job. My Senthil / Sairaj and finally "The Linea Master" Mr Gopi.. fixed all the rattling and niggling issues.

1. Grinding noise from Brakes were arrested just by cleaning the pads in the front disc. It was the mud that created the grinding noise. Now there is no problem

Total trip distance: 380 kms
Chennai to Thiruvannamalai round trip
Fuel efficiency: 17.8 km/lt for the round trip

Happy motoring!

Regards,
Sathya
Hi Sathya
That was a wonderful review about your car. Congrats on the fuel efficiency of the car. I have a small questions with regard to your car's average speed through out this trip. What was your average speed as shown on the display for this entire trip?

Quote:
Mechanicals are absolutely good and the engine is a "little wonder"..
I have been to Thiruvannamalai during the girivallam season, but its been quite some time since I made the trip to Thiruvannamalai after I moved to B'lore. Have the roads improved so much that you could achieve really high speed on the chennai- Thiruvannamalai road? If linea can achieve this speed its really good since all the mags and the online claim somewhere much lesser. Anyways pls be very very careful when driving at such high speeds.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Post edited to remove high speed figures. Please refrain from posting pics or text on speeds which are over the legal limit on our highways and roads.

Last edited by n_aditya : 21st January 2011 at 18:29.
kodivasanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2009, 23:35   #229
BANNED

Quote:
the headlamp focus was little low and the throw was less.. they adjusted it..i mean they lifted the lights a little bit and now its great.. it was just a few minutes of work.

Regards,
Sathya
Quote:
since the throw is high.. the trucks dim when i am on high.. now its mutual respect shown between the trucks and my linea. or as you know these trucks simply blind us by being on high all through..

Regards,
Sathya
I asked precisely because of the above 2 reasons you mentioned.

I also felt need for upping the headlight focus a bit. But could not do it yet. Shall get it done in my 2nd service
VahanPujari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2009, 23:59   #230
BHPian

Quote:

Regards,
Sathya
I think you should have control on dash to uplift the headlamps and no need to visit service station.

In Fiesta there is a control button which you can roll up/down to lift the light accordingly.
kumar7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2009, 11:49   #231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar7 View Post
I think you should have control on dash to uplift the headlamps and no need to visit service station.

In Fiesta there is a control button which you can roll up/down to lift the light accordingly.
There are 2 different things here :

Linea has the Light Throw adjustment on the dashboard (on the right hand side of the Steering mount) . It has 4 levels (0 to 4) to be adjusted depending on the load in the car.

What is being discussed here by others is not this adjustment, but the alignment of the Head Light itself. This can be dont by opening the bonnet and you will find a White Jog Dial type button (just above the Head Light mount ) that you have to rotate to adjust the Head Light position. I located it but still got my headlight adjusted at the TASS to be on the safer side.

Last edited by FastLove : 5th October 2009 at 11:50.
FastLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2009, 09:49   #232
BHPian

This low fuel beep was due to higher speed or was the tank actually low?
NutsNBolts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2009, 12:13   #233
BHPian

Quote:
Average speed was 66km/hr..
The car did better without much effort but after that it took some time.. I sustained in that speed for close to 4 to 5 secs before I slowed down because of my car giving a low fuel beep..

Regards,
Sathya
It Could be b'cos of the speed limit settings

Last edited by n_aditya : 21st January 2011 at 18:32.
kodivasanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2009, 12:24   #234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsNBolts View Post
This low fuel beep was due to higher speed or was the tank actually low?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodivasanth View Post
It Could be b'cos of the speed limit settings
Kapil.. The car was actually running very low on fuel.. it was towards the "E" mark and Linea gives a beep on regular intervals to indicate that the car is low on fuel..

I just didn't notice that the car was very low on fuel when I took it from the service station and was ripping her... and when I heard the beep I realized the car may stall because of low fuel.. Another reason was, to my knowledge there were no gas stations nearby... so once I heard the beep I immediately switched to very sedate driving (my IC started to show 24-26km/lt) to reach home without issues...

Vasanth.. I had set my speedlimit beep at 120km/hr...

Regards,
Sathya
Old 6th October 2009, 17:43   #235
BHPian

Interesting. I thought Linea had only a visual indicator for fuel low level warning. Good to know there is audio warning as well.
NutsNBolts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2009, 19:52   #236
Senior - BHPian

Sathya,

Congrats for crossing 8000kms. seems,you are thoroughly enjoying the beauty. Hope,it will continue in future days too.
Enjoy and Drive Safe

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Post edited to remove high speed figures. Please refrain from posting pics or text on speeds which are over the legal limit on our highways and roads.

Last edited by n_aditya : 21st January 2011 at 18:33.
aks_karthik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2010, 21:18   #237
BHPian

Thumbs up Linea standing strong after munching 17000 kms.

Review of my car after a long time.. and my beauty stands strong after munching ~17000kms...

Also i recently did a 1500 km round trip to Thirunelveli and other south side places in my beauty along with my Family (4 Adults and a 2 yr old Kid)..

Quick touch on the MID details that was noted during the trip:

Chennai - Tirunelveli:
Duration: 6 hrs 16 minutes
Average Speed: 96km/hr
Average Consumption: 15.1km/lt

Tirunelveli-Chennai:
Duration: 8 hrs 7 mins (Thanks to a big confusion that happened when I was half way through Madurai .. Guys.. nothing serious, I took the keys of my cousin's house along with me when I returned.. brilliant isnt it?. I was forced to take the Dindigul route to meet someone and handover the keys instead of the regular Madurai route..)
Average Speed: 86km/hr
Average Consumption: 16.2km/lt

Positives:

Good stability and brilliant handling
Good top whack
Good comfort as well

Negatives:

1. Sqeaking noise (not able to arrest at all even after many attempts and numerous visits to Service station) from the heater hose pipe
2. Low ground clearance.. need to drive like a bullock cart on bad roads which really irritates other drivers

The only bad thing is when I have 5 adults in the car i have to mandatorily get one person out of the car when i take big speed breakers.. So my relatives were kind of making fun on that, all through the internal trips that we did in Tirunelveli.. Some of the trips i didnot have the confidence that my linea will take the bad roads and we did them in my cousin's swift ddis which took the bad roads with a breeze..

And for the first time in my driving history to Tirunelveli, i had my breakfast by 8AM in Dindivanam and the next stop over was in Tirunelveli-Palayamkotai for lunch at 1PM !!!

By the way the second free service of my car is over and the bill was close to 4k - 3k for the Engine Oil and 1k for interior cleaning..otherwise no other charges..

I am enjoying everybit of my car.. and by the way if someone has a solution to my squeaking noise please help me..

Have attached some simple pictures of my beauty as well..

Regards,
Sathya

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Post edited to remove high speed figures and mention of taking on other vehicles on the road as a "race". Please refrain from posting pics or text on speeds which are over the legal limit on our highways and roads.
Attached Thumbnails
Linea MJD Dynamic - 17000kms in 10 months and going strong-dsc_0046.jpg  

Linea MJD Dynamic - 17000kms in 10 months and going strong-dsc_0047.jpg  

Linea MJD Dynamic - 17000kms in 10 months and going strong-dsc_0048.jpg  

Last edited by n_aditya : 21st January 2011 at 18:34.
Old 27th March 2010, 21:27   #238
BHPian

Sathya: What air pressure do you maintain? The newer Lineas have a sticker denoting 33 PSI on all tyres. I have started using this and the low GC problem has more or less stopped troubling me!
Ferrari1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2010, 21:31   #239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrari1976 View Post
Sathya: What air pressure do you maintain? The newer Lineas have a sticker denoting 33 PSI on all tyres. I have started using this and the low GC problem has more or less stopped troubling me!
I also maintain 33PSI.. but still the problem is there when I take 4/5 people on the car..

Regards,
Sathya
Old 27th March 2010, 22:53   #240
BHPian

Hi Satya, welcome back. Not heard from you for a long time, so assumed you are globetrotting !

Squeaking noise - need to live with it. I too have one from the back.

Interior Cleaning - more on this please & did you service at Concorde ? How was the experience ?

You car is sparkling even after 17K kms. Good that you are keeping her in excellent condition.
I have completed 14000 kms yesterday in 9 months of ownership.

Last edited by bnzjon : 27th March 2010 at 22:55.
bnzjon is offline   Reply With Quote