Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 27th March 2010, 23:26   #241
Distinguished - BHPian

Sathya thanks on the long pending update.

Great to hear that you are having fun and thats what matters. Would you please elaborate the 2nd free service experience.
nkrishnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2010, 09:11   #242
BHPian

Congrats Sathya, Nice looking car, nicely written log. I have covered 9600 on mine.... I have a lot of updates to do to my thread.. but not finding enough time.. .will do mine when I get some time...

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Post edited to remove high speed figures. Please refrain from posting pics or text on speeds which are over the legal limit on our highways and roads.

Last edited by n_aditya : 21st January 2011 at 18:35. Reason: added more query to sathya..
kodivasanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2010, 11:01   #243
BHPian

Nice pics and well written account sathya. I maintain 34PSI in front and 32 in rear tyres. About scraping, inetresting thing is that the lower part of bumper is plastic/rubber which has a sort of coating. I had a few scrapes earlier on, and during the Fiat Free service camp, checked the bottom. Interestingly, bottom was scratch free and there were no visual signs of scrape. Since I started maintaining 34/32, instances of scraping have reduced to zero.
NutsNBolts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2010, 20:17   #244
BHPian

Also reg. my second service..I did my second service at TAFE, Greams road, Chennai and was good..Later part I was not very happy with Concorde due to some small reasons.. nothing really unique to mention.. Had no issues in the car and so it was an usual service.. thats all.. If anyone have any specific questions pls put it forward and I will surely answer..

Regards,
Sathya

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Post edited to remove high speed figures. Please refrain from posting pics or text on speeds which are over the legal limit on our highways and roads.

Last edited by n_aditya : 21st January 2011 at 18:37.
Sathya_sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2010, 20:27   #245
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Thanks, Sathya. I enjoyed driving my Fiat Linea each and every second of 8 days & each and every metre of 2887 km-long Bangalore-Goa-Mahabaleshwar-Mumbai-Pune-Bangalore trip. Please see my travelogue for details and photographs:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...mbai-pune.html (My Fiat Linea's tryst with Goa/Mahabaleshwar/Mumbai/Pune)
J.Ravi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2010, 12:37   #246
Senior - BHPian

nice update dude! some time back i was trying to recall name of dude from chennai who hasnt given update for long! and here you are!

Quote:
The only bad thing is when I have 5 adults in the car i have to mandatorily get one person out of the car when i take big speed breakers.. So my relatives were kind of making fun on that, all through the internal trips that we did in Tirunelveli..
thats to do with pathetic roads we have

Kindly request mods to change the title of thread
recshenoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2010, 14:00   #247
Senior - BHPian

Great Review.

Have you heard the engine update of Linea MJD.
Power is now rated at 93.7ps@4000rpm and torque at 209Nm@2000rpm.
In comparison, earlier the power was 86ps and Torque was 203Nm@2500rpm.
Please check the Fiatlinea.in web site.
aks_karthik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2010, 19:38   #248
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sathya_sc View Post
By the way the second free service of my car is over and the bill was close to 4k - 3k for the Engine Oil and 1k for interior cleaning..otherwise no other charges..
Can I trouble you for the details of that bill, please?

And take it easy on those speed runs, please!
trrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2010, 14:27   #249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Great Review.

Have you heard the engine update of Linea MJD.
Power is now rated at 93.7ps@4000rpm and torque at 209Nm@2000rpm.
In comparison, earlier the power was 86ps and Torque was 203Nm@2500rpm.
Please check the Fiatlinea.in web site.
Yeah, that could be as a result of upgrading the engine to BS4 norms. The multijet was BS3 and linea petrol was BS4 , so no change there. But the funny thing is that the punto multijet shows the same old specs.

Maybe they have'nt updated the punto website. Or maybe it's a print mistake in the linea website.
ghost_rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2010, 14:40   #250
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,

Can I trouble you for the details of that bill, please?
possible check my Thread.
I have uploaded my Second Service Bill there.
aks_karthik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2010, 15:58   #251
BHPian

Hi. yours is a diesel right? So, if you compare the Petrol Fiesta 1.6S, would it have a much higher top speed? Or is it that diesels have higher top speeds than equivalent petrols?

Last edited by n_aditya : 21st January 2011 at 18:40.
abhipuru16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2010, 08:52   #252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_rider View Post
Yeah, that could be as a result of upgrading the engine to BS4 norms. The multijet was BS3 and linea petrol was BS4 , so no change there. But the funny thing is that the punto multijet shows the same old specs.

Maybe they have'nt updated the punto website. Or maybe it's a print mistake in the linea website.

Is there a possibility to update our Lineas to that specification.. may be a silly question.. Will we be questioned by traffic police since ours is BS3?..

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhipuru16 View Post
Hi. yours is a diesel right? So, if you compare the Petrol Fiesta 1.6S, would it have a much higher top speed? Or is it that diesels have higher top speeds than equivalent petrols?
if it's a petrol..the pickup will be better than Linea D.. Linea can keep pace but cannot overdo a Fiesta..

Regards,
Sathya

Last edited by n_aditya : 21st January 2011 at 18:41.
Sathya_sc is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2010, 10:59   #253
BHPian

Form 21 supplied with Linea 1.4 to me at the time of delivery mentioned BS III. So whether or not 1.4 is BS IV compliant, I don't know. If it is, I feel Fiat must inform owners accordingly.
NutsNBolts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2011, 18:42   #254
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Linea MJD Dynamic - 17000kms in 10 months and going strong

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please refrain from posting pics or text on speeds which are over the legal limit on our highways and roads as this can provoke dangerous and irresponsible driving behaviour.

This thread has been cleaned up.
n_aditya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2011, 19:34   #255

Default Re: Linea MJD Dynamic - 17000kms in 10 months and going strong

Hello anna,

Great thread. Recently bought a pre worshipped 2010 linea epack , and have certain doubts in regards to the car as well as where to service the car. Had a very very bad experience today at Tafe Reach , greams road. Will be starting a thread soon( hope tonight) but please throw some tips na. Thanks a lot in advance.

Yours,

Amneo
Amneo is offline   Reply With Quote