Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 21st August 2009, 10:52   #121
Senior - BHPian

I had posted a couple of pictures of rear legroom with front seat extended in linea in someone else thread in what car thread. just search for it

Ok here it is. Judge for yourself

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1358961-post30.html
geeash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2009, 11:29   #122
BHPian

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
Sathya why dont we all meet at the concorde ambattur once and take these service advisors to task? and ask them to rectify all our vehicles.

I am ready. bnz jon would be ready too. may be we can call redone too. we can plan things and go as a group and give them a good hidng.
Yes, we can. I have already called Sairaj and Senthil from Concorde Ambattur. They were very cordial and assured that they will fix the issue what ever it takes.

Let me update you guys on what is happening this saturday (tomorrow). If this does not get solved then together we will make a decision on what should be done.

I am nowadays getting frustrated with these small issues in Linea which are not supposed to happen in a 8+ lac C+ segment car..

May be FIAT was in a cost cutting spree to engage TATA and its associate companies like (TATA Johnson etc.) to produce some unacceptable quality seats / plastics (Certain parts) and what not!!

Very frustrating.

Regards,
Sathya
Sathya_sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2009, 11:48   #123
BHPian

chill dude. Have patience.
Fiat-TATA have compromised on plastics.
But the engine and all the mechanicals in Linea are rock solid.

I just read a couple of Fiesta threads and they have engine-starter, gearbox-creaking etc issues in new Fiestas.
neotraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2009, 12:07   #124
BHPian

May be am feeling the pinch since the service station is very far from my place.. (about 35 kms) and every time going there is a pain and the whole day gets wasted.

Even in my swift I had these issues and I did not get frustrated since everywhere you look there will be a service station and it was easy.... even though the importance that I get in FIAT is 100 times more than what I had been getting in Maruti.

Literally I get a red carpet and whole lot of attention in Concorde Ambattur. Hoping for the best and a long relationship with FIAT.

Regards,
Sathya
Old 21st August 2009, 12:46   #125
Senior - BHPian

Yes,That's true sathya.
Everytime we have to travel more than 25kms to reach a TASS.
But a Good News for me is VST is going shift/open a new facility/Service station in Porur near to DLF building where i am working currently.
But most of the time,Service guys from VST came to my place for fixing the issue.
If there is a need ,i take the car to VST.
That too more often they sent a driver to pickup my car by giving a loaner car.

So Customer support is very good but the issue is in the service front,as mentioned in my thread.

They definitely need some more training to handle FIAT Cars.
aks_karthik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2009, 13:36   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
May be am feeling the pinch since the service station is very far from my place.. (about 35 kms) and every time going there is a pain and the whole day gets wasted.
Exactly. I was fooled by the sales executive at concorde when i bought the car. He said the concorde at injambakkam also services linea. but when i took my car there the technical advisor said they dont service linea in injmabakkam . they only service it at ambattur

While trying to go there each time 1/4 of my fuel tank becomes empty that too for all these niggles for which they dont provide a complete solution

i am not for this pick up and drop as these maniacs drive like schumachers even within the service compound. god only knows how these people drive on roads

Last edited by geeash : 21st August 2009 at 13:38.
geeash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2009, 18:10   #127
BHPian

Default Again a fantastic experience with Concorde Service!!

Amazed is the only word I can tell..

They fixed ALL my rattles eventhough it took them a day long to do that.

Two dedicated experts (most exp. in FIAT cars - Mr Senthil and Mr Gopi) out of the concorde Ambattur service station took charge of my car and told that they will fix all my problems whatever it takes. The Service Manager assured that he will direct them to get all the issues sorted.

They started their work by around 10 AM and it was really a long day for them to find out the "three" notorious rattles out of which one was the toughest to find since it was coming from the front portion of the car but were clueless on where it is coming from...

The fixing work:

Detached all my seats and took a test drive with me.. I was sitting on the floor along with them. Had a feeling, that it’s my baby and I will need to do whatever it takes to fix the issues she had(so got on the car with my sleeves folded and was ready to get my hands dirty).

We again came to the showroom, detached my glove boxes and my music system to check if the rattles had got arrested. Still no luck.

Mean while they had put the car on the ramp to find out if the noise came from the body / engine compartment. But still no luck.

Without losing patience (the time was around 2PM), they came back and removed the side walls of the gear box and viola the noise disappeared.

Now they wanted to understand where the squeaking noise came from. Boiled down to the root cause that the side walls were rubbing with the AC pipe… So padded the entire side walls and the first noise got arrested.. (the squeaking noise which was really irritating). By now the time was 3 PM...

Now the second noise - which was coming from the front co-passenger seat and the front reading light.

They had removed the seat to find that the first batch of production cars had an issue of the floor height not reaching the seat and hence required the use of 5-6 washers which inturn had led to wearing out of the "BOLT". So to fix this, we had gone to the lathe to re-thread the body of the car and finally they were able to tighten the seat.

With a great relief, finally they removed the reading light to find a manufacturing defect of the clips not fitting into its slot. Replaced them immediately without any questions and amazingly the car became 100% silent and the time was close to 6PM.

We went again for a test ride to ascertain this and by then "Ganesh" pooja was happening in the service station. Participated in the pooja and has some prasad and finally left the service station close to 7 PM after thanking Mr Sairaj, Senthil and Gopi.

They assured that they are determined to bring back the reputation of FIAT in terms of service whatever it takes to do that.

Felt really happy and left the service station with complete satisfaction. To be honest, I have never had this with Maruti where I am one among the 1000 customers wherein here I had unique attention.

Mr Sairaj inspected my car and assured a couple of things proactively - replacement of the fuel cap which was loose, Check whether the seat issue can be fixed once for all since he was upset of the faulty set up (too many washers), Replacement of my glove box since it was kind of little tight and did not exhibit neat fit and finish. He assured he will "PROACTIVELY" give a call on Wednesday.

Left the place with complete satisfaction!!

FIAT service is great and good!!!!! and as I said every time they are improving.

Hope it will remain the same in the fore coming months and years as well!!!!

Regards,
Sathya

Last edited by Sathya_sc : 23rd August 2009 at 18:13.
Old 23rd August 2009, 21:31   #128
BHPian

Sathya, extremely happy to read the change in attitude of the TASS guys. My car too is at the service centre for her first service and few painting works.

I had a chat with Sairaj on Saturday at around 8.30 pm. He was explaining to me the pains his staffs (senthil) took to identify and fix the rattlings in your car.

Infact, senthil is the only senior guy who is familiar with Linea Cars and he was full time working with you to fix the rattles.

Hope and sincerely pray that they continue to do so in the future.

Me and Ashwin had earlier written so many compliants against these guys and i am not sure if the change in attitide is because of this.

I had also made 'Aashish Bhardwaj - Product Manager, FIAT' speak to Vickram Maruthachalam who is the Service incharge for Chennai last thursday to take care of my car as well as non availability of spares.
bnzjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2009, 11:23   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post
Infact, senthil is the only senior guy who is familiar with Linea Cars and he was full time working with you to fix the rattles.

Hope and sincerely pray that they continue to do so in the future.
If i was Sathya, then i would never want service guys to "continue" to work on my car. i would prefer to take the car only for regular service.

I hope all of you Chennai Lineans get niggle free Lineas asap.
StarVegabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2009, 11:43   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
If i was Sathya, then i would never want service guys to "continue" to work on my car. i would prefer to take the car only for regular service.

I hope all of you Chennai Lineans get niggle free Lineas asap.
True... But to be honest, I was mentally prepared to face any challenges when I went for the Linea after two Maruti's. I had my expectations set and hence not really bogged down.

Linea is a wonderful car except for these small niggles (To be really true, Lineans are too finicky and paranoid is what I would say.. I had almost all these issues with my swift as well but have never gone to the service station to fix them)

I hope my next visit will be only for the regular service.

Regards,
Sathya
Old 25th August 2009, 16:08   #131
BHPian

Smile Regaining confidence!

For the past two days (after the saturday date with the service station), my Linea is very silent (no rattles whatsoever) and bringing the cheers back in me.

Also would request every Linea owner to check the Spare wheel and associated parts (like jack, spanner etc) since they are also creating some rattles because by default they are not placed properly.

I did it on Saturday and two more rattles vanished...

My beauty.. Back in pristine condition!!

Regards,
Sathya
Old 25th August 2009, 16:24   #132
BHPian

Sathya ,

Your determination has been rewarded.Happy motoring.

Hari.
hari78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2009, 16:57   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sathya_sc View Post
For the past two days (after the saturday date with the service station), my Linea is very silent (no rattles whatsoever) and bringing the cheers back in me.

Also would request every Linea owner to check the Spare wheel and associated parts (like jack, spanner etc) since they are also creating some rattles because by default they are not placed properly.

I did it on Saturday and two more rattles vanished...

My beauty.. Back in pristine condition!!

Regards,
Sathya
15 days of ownership and no body rattles yet on my Linea! Ok , some other niggles
Pragmites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2009, 23:13   #134
BHPian

Thumbs up My beauty in the Ooty trip.. Recorded top whack of 179km/hr with a video..

Hi All,

Time for an update. With all the problems(rattling issues) sorted out, thought that its high time for taking my beauty for a spin. So decided to go for Ooty with my entire family (ofcourse my Linea as well.. I cant imaging without her).

Started on 29-August-2209 from Chennai to head towards Ooty..

Details pertinant to the trip..

Onward Trip: Chennai - Ooty:

Route: Chennai - Vellore - Krishnagiri - Dharmapuri - Thoppur - Mettur - Bhavani - Avinashi - Coimbaore - Ooty
Total Distance: 609kms

Duration: Chennai to Coimbatore - 6 hrs 15 mins
Avg Speed as per my Beauty: 84km/hr
Duration: Coimbatore to Ooty: 3.5 hrs - My daughter had severe motion sickness while climbing up-hill...:(-
Avg Speed: 24 km/hr
Avg Fuel Consumption: Chennai - Coimbatore: 15.8 km/lt (ripped her crazy)
Avg Fuel Consumtion: Coimbatore - Ooty: 13.1 km/lt
Top Speed: 175km/hr (Thanks to a Swift D and a Safari for all the motivation.. but the swift managed to take me at even 175km/hr.. think its a modded one)

Plus points:
Amazing stability and handling.

Negatives: Actually No!!

Stay: 2 nights and 3 days at Sherlock resorts... Had some challenges to take my beauty uphill to the resort since its was almost like off-roading with broken road and very steep gradient to climb.. But my beauty managed without any glitches. Had a wonderful time with my family (including her).

Return Trip: Ooty - Chennai:

Route: Ooty - Annur - Avinashi - Perambalur - Salem - Dharmapuri - Krishnagiri - Vellore - Chennai
Total Distance: 635kms

Duration: Ooty to Mettupalayam - 1 hrs 30 mins
Avg Speed as per my Beauty: 36km/hr
Duration: Mettupalam to Chennai: 7.5 hrs (Thanks to broken roads from Avinashi to Salem)
Avg Speed: 77 km/hr
Avg Fuel Consumption: Ooty to Mettupalayam: 14.8 km/lt
Avg Fuel Consumtion: Mettupalayam - Chennai: 15.1 km/lt
Top Speed: 179km/hr (Have uploaded a video of my beauty doing this speed. Thanks to my wife who took this video.. Have given the URL of the You-Tube video here.. Should have seen other drivers - scorpios, fiestas, NHCs and esp. a "Monkey" driven Innova just getting awestruck.. Had some severe road rage with the Innova guy since he got onto my nerve by sidelining me from the tarmac into the mud wanted-ly.. Finally taught him a good lesson and pushed him to stop his car.. he was unable to withstand my "bully" driving I guess)

Plus points:
Amazing stability and handling.

Negatives: Actually No!!

Ok.. guys, let the pics and the video do the talking!!!!!

<missing images re-uploaded on next page>

The resort where we stayed.. (Sherlock Resorts)
Linea MJD Dynamic - 17000kms in 10 months and going strong-picture-16.jpg

Regards,
Sathya

Last edited by Rehaan : 3rd September 2009 at 01:10. Reason: Video link removed as per request. Thanks.
Old 1st September 2009, 23:41   #135
BHPian

Nice to see enjoying with the beauty on long drives and all.
Sad to see dents on right fender.
And what mileage figures man ... I thought your's was diesel car
neotraveller is offline   Reply With Quote