Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 15th September 2009, 14:48   #181
Senior - BHPian

Starvegabond,

Thats terrible news mate. Very bad and i know how much sad and down you must be feeling after recently completing the 5000 kms in your car.

Dont know why these motorcyclists are always in a hurry, if its a black bumper like my Santro then no worry but sedans get badly hit with their fragile bumpers.

Just relax now, good that you kept your patience, how fast the motorcycle was going that it made a 1100 kgs car move ahead.
Honda will do an excellent job with the car and make it like new. My uncle also faced an exact situation last week, his City was rear ended.
Hope you have noted the details of the motorcylist with you.
coolboy007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2009, 14:53   #182
BHPian

I know how it feels for a brand new car. .Sorry to hear about this buddy. That was nice that you got/will be getting 30 % of the damages. I have never claimed or even tried that, should learn from people like you.

i think these two wheelers will never change....
Cutting lanes, speeding, squeezing in between, jumping signals and so on....

Wish you good luck for the recovery process.

Last week i saw similar situation in chennai. A bike fella rear ending a New HondaCity. I dont know why these 2 wheelers are so much obsessed with Honda City.

Last edited by ManMachine : 15th September 2009 at 14:56.
ManMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2009, 14:59   #183
Senior - BHPian

Oops,
I too have met with a small incident.
A tipper has banged my car.Check my thread.

Today you ,me and Blackasta have met with an accident.
Bad/Black day for all of us.
aks_karthik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2009, 15:07   #184
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Coolboy and Manmachine,

it is a very depressing day for me

1. the incident took approx 3+ hours of my time
2. it is going to cost some 16K+Taxes to get it back
3. i am going to lose my no claim bonus
4. for two days, i will be without my car, it will cost about 800-1000 RS each day for a taxi.
5. the book value of my car (in the insurance records) will depreciate faster

everything for no fault of mine.

entire feeling is very depressing, my accident free period with ANHC has ended in just 3.5 months.

only good point was the Policeman, very co-operative, he noted down all the details of the biker. gave me his contact details, offered me help to process the FIR if needed etc.
StarVegabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2009, 15:08   #185
BHPian

Oh now obsessed with linea tooo @ karthik , i mean the tipper fella

Last edited by ManMachine : 15th September 2009 at 15:10.
ManMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2009, 15:43   #186
Senior - BHPian

Sad to hear about the accident Star. I had the same experience when an overeager biker overtaking from the wrong side destroyed by rear bumper and a tail light. I had to pay nearly 7K from my pocket since everything that needed replacement was plastic.

I expect you'll have to pay around 3000/- or so from your pocket. Why didn't you get the biker's insurance details and claim it on his insurance? It is possible and leaves your NCB intact.
ImmortalZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2009, 15:47   #187
Senior - BHPian

Very sad to haer this

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
Rear left side bumper had huge dent, there were scratches on to the bumper, bumper had slipped from its original place,
The boot door had a bit bent
According to me this is one week aspect of small Honda cars. I have experienced this with NHC and with ANHC as well to some extent. Any impact, however small, will result in the bumper getting dis-located or it going out of alignment resulting in wider gaps.
Guna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2009, 16:01   #188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
Sad to hear about the accident Star. I had the same experience when an overeager biker overtaking from the wrong side destroyed by rear bumper and a tail light. I had to pay nearly 7K from my pocket since everything that needed replacement was plastic.

I expect you'll have to pay around 3000/- or so from your pocket. Why didn't you get the biker's insurance details and claim it on his insurance? It is possible and leaves your NCB intact.
Just now received a call from the Honda Service station. the insurance inpector visited the car, but yet to give his assessment. Service advisor told me that by tomorrow morning he would get the final report from the inspector/insurance company regarding the reimbursement.

i am keeping my fingers crossed.

Claiming from Bikers insurance is an option, but the bike is TN registered. I am not sure the third party insurance claim would be entertained for a accident caused outside the state. More over the biker is a 25-26 year old guy working for a import clearance company in whitefield. the guy seems to be earning only 20-25% of the damage estimate as month salary. i did not think, he can pay the full damages on his own if his insurance company does not pay. After about 2 hous of pleading by him, eventually i agreed to let him go if he pays my no-claim bonus. Actually this was suggested by the Honda guy who was part of my negotiation team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Very sad to haer this

According to me this is one week aspect of small Honda cars. I have experienced this with NHC and with ANHC as well to some extent. Any impact, however small, will result in the bumper getting dis-located or it going out of alignment resulting in wider gaps.
i was surprised to see not only the rear bumper dislocated, but eeven front bumper got dislocated as it bumped the car ahead of me.

Anyways, a costly learning day eventhough i prefer not to learn this way.
Old 15th September 2009, 16:10   #189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Claiming from Bikers insurance is an option, but the bike is TN registered. I am not sure the third party insurance claim would be entertained for a accident caused outside the state.
I was told that claiming third party damages is a cumbersome process and probably invlove court proceedings etc. I wanted to try that option once but eventually gave up the idea. Somebody had come and banged my parked car (one of the previous cars) which had un-claimed history of 4 years.
Guna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2009, 17:45   #190
BHPian

Hardluck star. The ANHC's bumper hardly covers the boot, thats why even bootlid got dameaged. Hope you restore yr car soon.

I too had my first "incident" yesterday night. Some guy in an esteem tried turning into my lane and brushed the rear-left of my bumper from behind.
Luckily only few scratches on the lower-bottom of bumper and the chrome strip. I am wondering if I should start going by bike now.

Generally even the workshop guys will discourage you from using third-party claim ... court, FIR etc etc. From what I heard, it's not a simple process.
This so easyily done in the US. the one who is at fault will just give his insurance details thats it .. end of fight.

Last edited by neotraveller : 15th September 2009 at 17:47.
neotraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2009, 20:07   #191
BANNED

Quote:
it is a very depressing day for me

1. the incident took approx 3+ hours of my time
2. it is going to cost some 16K+Taxes to get it back
3. i am going to lose my no claim bonus
4. for two days, i will be without my car, it will cost about 800-1000 RS each day for a taxi.
5. the book value of my car (in the insurance records) will depreciate faster
StarVB,

Extremely sorry to hear this. I agree with you, it spoils entire day, mood & also spoils feeling for the car.

Such things happen, are unavoidable & are part & parcel of our daily city driving. If not today, its bound to happen sometime.

However, I'm sure when you'll receive it from Service station, she'll be brand new again & you wont recognise if anything such happened or not.

This is precisely why I do not worry about NCB. Insurance premium is paid to use it for claims when required & not to claim NCB. In my 6 years of Ikon ownership, I did not use Insurance claim for 1-2 years only, all other years insurance was used & it kept car "new" .

Yes, being without car is a hardship which I also hate especially the Mumbai taxi-rides inspite of spending 800-1000 Rs. per day.

But cheers man. Whatever has happened has happened. Your car is going to come back to you with that brand new look as she was earlier.
VahanPujari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2009, 21:11   #192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
I was told that claiming third party damages is a cumbersome process and probably invlove court proceedings etc. I wanted to try that option once but eventually gave up the idea. Somebody had come and banged my parked car (one of the previous cars) which had un-claimed history of 4 years.
There is a saying, wise people do not go to the courts in India.
it is better that you gave up the idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
Hardluck star. The ANHC's bumper hardly covers the boot, thats why even bootlid got dameaged. Hope you restore yr car soon.

I too had my first "incident" yesterday night. Some guy in an esteem tried turning into my lane and brushed the rear-left of my bumper from behind.
Luckily only few scratches on the lower-bottom of bumper and the chrome strip. I am wondering if I should start going by bike now.

Generally even the workshop guys will discourage you from using third-party claim ... court, FIR etc etc. From what I heard, it's not a simple process.
This so easyily done in the US. the one who is at fault will just give his insurance details thats it .. end of fight.
Sorry to hear about the incident with your car, the key point is the penalty for such rash driving or damage is very low in India. When penalty is high then people are more aware of consequences and make efforts to stay away from such mis-adventure.

In India, there is a simple rule on road: it is assumed that the bigger vehicle is at fault and would bear the consequence. smaller vehciles and its drivers drivers can say sorry and get away with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
StarVB,

Extremely sorry to hear this. I agree with you, it spoils entire day, mood & also spoils feeling for the car.

Such things happen, are unavoidable & are part & parcel of our daily city driving. If not today, its bound to happen sometime.

However, I'm sure when you'll receive it from Service station, she'll be brand new again & you wont recognise if anything such happened or not.

This is precisely why I do not worry about NCB. Insurance premium is paid to use it for claims when required & not to claim NCB. In my 6 years of Ikon ownership, I did not use Insurance claim for 1-2 years only, all other years insurance was used & it kept car "new" .

Yes, being without car is a hardship which I also hate especially the Mumbai taxi-rides inspite of spending 800-1000 Rs. per day.

But cheers man. Whatever has happened has happened. Your car is going to come back to you with that brand new look as she was earlier.
I have never claimed NCB with my Palio, every year something or ther other used to happen with bumper or side mirrors etc. This was becasue, i was a new driver at that time and most of the damages were self inflicted.

But this time, i was very careful, but still this "accident happend"

now i am not worried about scratches or NCB etc anymore.

i am waiting for my car to return, then i am off to a long drive again on friday morning.

Thanks everyone for trying to cheer me up. I like this virtual "friend or team" Thanks to T-BHP, we can share our positive and negative experiences.

regards,
Old 15th September 2009, 23:44   #193
BANNED

Quote:

now i am not worried about scratches or NCB etc anymore.
Absolutely!! You'll actually enjoy the car more with free-flowing driving coming in now.

PS: On 5th day of ownership, in Mumbai B2B traffic, I was pushed to the left most side (on Tulsi Pipe road, if you remember), could not see 8-9 inches long iron rod (by Municipality) protruding out of the road & got my brand new Linea over it. Needed to get the bumper changed with touch ups on front left fender.
VahanPujari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2009, 12:04   #194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Absolutely!! You'll actually enjoy the car more with free-flowing driving coming in now.

PS: On 5th day of ownership, in Mumbai B2B traffic, I was pushed to the left most side (on Tulsi Pipe road, if you remember), could not see 8-9 inches long iron rod (by Municipality) protruding out of the road & got my brand new Linea over it. Needed to get the bumper changed with touch ups on front left fender.
Hi Amit, sorry to read about your cars damage incident. How much was the damage in terms to RS and time ?

I called up the Honda Body shop and spoke to service adviser. he told me that the insurance inspector visited once yesterday. now the car/bumper has gone for the painting. once everything is done, again insurance inspector will come for inspection and then he will tell how much will be paid by the insurance company (ICICI Lombard) and how much will be paid by me.

I wanted to know is this process normal for the insurance claims ?
does any members had such experience ?

After this the car will go for second free service including oil change
The car might be returned by tomorrow.

Yesterday was bit low in terms of mood. I returned home by 10 PM (after a dinner meeting with the client). i was explaining to my wife and daughter the details of the day and casually told it is going to cost lot of money to get the car back as it was and it might take couple of days.

my daughter suddenly went inside, got her piggy bank and told me i can take money from piggy bank so that car can be repaired quickly so that we can go on the vacation drive to her grand-parents place as planned. She said "I can not give you all the money needed for repairs, but i can take as much in the piggy bank"

this generosity from a seven year old made my day yesterday,

Last edited by StarVegabond : 16th September 2009 at 12:05.
Old 16th September 2009, 12:09   #195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
my daughter suddenly went inside, got her piggy bank and told me i can take money from piggy bank so that car can be repaired quickly so that we can go on the vacation drive to her grand-parents place as planned. She said "I can not give you all the money needed for repairs, but i can take as much in the piggy bank"

this generosity from a seven year old made my day yesterday,
Really Cute
That's why i pray almighty for a Girl Child.
If I have a Girl like this Every day is my day only.No turn back.
Convey my hearthy wishes to her
aks_karthik is offline   Reply With Quote