Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 16th September 2009, 12:26   #196
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
I called up the Honda Body shop and spoke to service adviser. he told me that the insurance inspector visited once yesterday. now the car/bumper has gone for the painting. once everything is done, again insurance inspector will come for inspection and then he will tell how much will be paid by the insurance company (ICICI Lombard) and how much will be paid by me.

I wanted to know is this process normal for the insurance claims ?
does any members had such experience ?
The A.S.S usually will have a working relationship with the insurance people and will make sure everything will be approved. What you pay will be basically half of all the plastic parts replaced. Insurance will completely cover labor (painting).

In my case, I didn't know how much the insurance was going to reimburse me until I got the cheque weeks later.

Quote:
Yesterday was bit low in terms of mood. I returned home by 10 PM (after a dinner meeting with the client). i was explaining to my wife and daughter the details of the day and casually told it is going to cost lot of money to get the car back as it was and it might take couple of days.

my daughter suddenly went inside, got her piggy bank and told me i can take money from piggy bank so that car can be repaired quickly so that we can go on the vacation drive to her grand-parents place as planned. She said "I can not give you all the money needed for repairs, but i can take as much in the piggy bank"

this generosity from a seven year old made my day yesterday,
Ah, children.
ImmortalZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2009, 13:06   #197
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

This is what happened in my case and the cure:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post1306799 (My new CVT - ownership experience)

I am sure you will get the car back looking like nothing ever happened.
trrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2009, 21:22   #198
BANNED

Quote:
Hi Amit, sorry to read about your cars damage incident. How much was the damage in terms to RS and time ?
The service cost was some 9K out of which some 8K was borne by insurance

Damage in terms of time was much. The insurance guy took 2 days time for 1st inspection. TASS told me first a total of 5 days. But when I got fed up with daily rides in Mumbai taxi's for 2 days, I called him & he gave the car on 3rd day. Again the insurance guy was not ready to come for re-inspection on that day. I had to speak to their national head whom i knew.

The costliest was daily ride in Mumbai taxi's. Inspite of spending Rs. 800-1000 per day, they feel so hot inside & there is nothing called shock absorbs inside them.

Quote:
my daughter suddenly went inside, got her piggy bank and told me i can take money from piggy bank so that car can be repaired quickly so that we can go on the vacation drive to her grand-parents place as planned. She said "I can not give you all the money needed for repairs, but i can take as much in the piggy bank"

this generosity from a seven year old made my day yesterday,
So cute
With such a lovely daughter, your everyday is made
VahanPujari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2009, 23:22   #199
BHPian

Hi StarVegabond , Sorry to hear about the incident.

I have gone through this couple of months back. Uncontrolled swift hit the rear bumber which had to be replaced.

In my case , honda guys told me that bumper needs to be replaced alongwith other minor repairing jobs like scrates . All I had to do is register complaint , take the claim no. and submit the claim form with required document.

Next day , insurance guy came to the workshop when I was there, He photographed damaged part of the car and on the spot approved the work of bumper replacement and painting , he then asked Honda guys to fax the quote to the company. Here I had to pay 50 % of bumper's price ( around 2k) + 500 claim charges. Rest of the money was paid by the insurance company which was around 17k or something ( minor scratches , third service etc )

You should go to the workshop and speak to them personally. Work should start only after it is approved by the insurance guy. He just need to visit once, listen/read your story and verify the damages and confirm what all things will be taken care by the company. Dealer will tell you how much you will have pay and then only work will start.

Whatever explanation is given to you or the process that dealr and insurance guy is following is quite surprising.
hondafanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2009, 20:25   #200
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafanboy View Post
In my case , honda guys told me that bumper needs to be replaced alongwith other minor repairing jobs like scrates . All I had to do is register complaint , take the claim no. and submit the claim form with required document.

Next day , insurance guy came to the workshop when I was there, He photographed damaged part of the car and on the spot approved the work of bumper replacement and painting , he then asked Honda guys to fax the quote to the company. Here I had to pay 50 % of bumper's price ( around 2k) + 500 claim charges. Rest of the money was paid by the insurance company which was around 17k or something ( minor scratches , third service etc ) .
Thanks hondafanboy

today the things exactly turned out the way you mentioned here.

I got my car back in exact condition it was before the accident as far as rear side is concerned, On front bumper there are couple of scratches still pending.

Total Expenses for Repairs + second service

Spares
-----------------------------------
Oil Change (3.6Ltrs) = 1887.84
OIL Filter = 137.30
Drain washer = 16.52
Rear Bumper = 3586.70
Clip BPR (2 nos) = 109.56
Consummables = 350.00

Total = 6087.92
VAT on spares (12.5%) = 760.99

Services
------------------------------------
Tinkering & Denting = 1000.00
Painting = 8185.00
VAT on Labour (12.5%) = 912.25
Service Tax (10%) = 188.70
Cess on Service Tax (3%) = 5.66
Round off = 0.48

Total Spares + Services = 17141.00

Impact of this accident for me (w/o any fault by me) is
-----------------------------------------------------
RS 17141 - 2600 (II service cost) + No Claim Bonus (~5000) = 19541.00

Total Burden reduced by

Biker (5000/-) & Insurance (~9000.00 yet to receive the cheque) = 14000/-

Total Cash impact = 5541.00
plus 0.5 day wasted in the accident
plus two and half days car was away
plus RS 800/- for Taxi+Rickshaw etc. (=~6400.00 for no fault of mine)

There is still a small gap between the front bumper & right headlight assembly. This must have been caused due to the car bumping into the front vehicle due to the impact. I spoke to insurance inspector over phone, he said that it can not be claimed.

I checked with Honda. I wam told it would need a replacement of head light assembly and it would cost appox RS 5000 plus VAT plus labour charges plus service tax

So i decided to live with the gap and address it during the next service.

I am posting these details here so that any biker or any driver who is insensitive and habitual to carefree driving would realize how much it costs

i close this assessment of damage by this quote

If a poor man remain silent, he would be suffer. if he gets angry still he would suffer. Same is the case with car owners in India. If it is their mistake, they would have to pay anyway, if it is others mistake still they would have to pay.

this is the rule and truth on Indian roads.

Last edited by StarVegabond : 17th September 2009 at 20:33.
StarVegabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2009, 22:43   #201
Senior - BHPian

My accident cost me more than 22K. Post-insurance, ~8k from my pocket. I didn't get anything from the biker at all because the accident happened in a really bad area and if I had stopped to argue, I would've gotten fleeced.

His bike did get run over by a driving school Alto, so I feel slightly better. But like my dad said, "Accidents happen."
Old 18th September 2009, 00:21   #202
BANNED

StarVB

Out of around 14,500/- for accidental repairs (removing 2,600/- for 2nd service), your contribution should not go more than 2K-2.5K. Insurance should pay around 11.5 - 12K & not 9K.

Your contribution should be half of bumper cost i.e. rs. 1700/- + 500/- for insurance claim + misc
Old 18th September 2009, 21:04   #203
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
My accident cost me more than 22K. Post-insurance, ~8k from my pocket. I didn't get anything from the biker at all because the accident happened in a really bad area and if I had stopped to argue, I would've gotten fleeced.

His bike did get run over by a driving school Alto, so I feel slightly better. But like my dad said, "Accidents happen."
Sorry to hear about your accident and damage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
StarVB

Out of around 14,500/- for accidental repairs (removing 2,600/- for 2nd service), your contribution should not go more than 2K-2.5K. Insurance should pay around 11.5 - 12K & not 9K.

Your contribution should be half of bumper cost i.e. rs. 1700/- + 500/- for insurance claim + misc
I also wish so, but i am yet to get the cheque from Insurance.
once i get the same, i will update.
Old 18th September 2009, 21:30   #204
Senior - BHPian

StarVB,

In our country its always the fault of "gaadi waala" as people say. If luck is on your side when a motorcyclists hits you and you have witnesses then you will be saved otherwise he will say you cut in his lane and then 10-20 motorcyclists will stop and start threatening you and hit also if possible.

Have personally seen a white swift guy getting bashed on road, a motorcycle guy was riding carelessly, banged in his swift at left and fell down.
5-7 motorcyclists gathered and pulled the poor boy out who was most probably coming from his office. They started hitting him left right n centre, first i didnt stop but my heart didnt allow me to go. Parked my car ahead, came back, gathered some courage and shouted at them that i am calling PCR soon and did an acting of calling PCR. Within minutes the guys left leaving behind a few who were helping the guy who fell.
Asked the guy whether he was ok, could sense from his breadth that he had consumed alcohol, told him to rush as Police will catch him only. He was fine, picked his bike and went away, the Swift guy was almost in tears and joined his hands and thanked me.
He also went away and i have gathered an inference that whatever you do, "gaadi wala" is the culprit.
coolboy007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2009, 23:47   #205
BHPian

Hey Star , Nice to hear that the car is back .

One thing I dont undersand is why you are waiting for the cheque and all. It suppose to be between dealer and insurance company. As Vahanpujari said , you should just pay the second servicing cost + 50 % of bumper cost + 500 and be done with. Its like day to day job for dealer and insurance company so they work accordingly. at least thats what happened in my case. When I paid my chunk ( servicing cost+50% bumper+500) I had no idea whether or not dealer had received rest of the money from the insurance company. Your contribution should should be around 4800 . Consider that biker's 5k as your non claim bonus ..you were luck to get that money btw.
hondafanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2009, 09:07   #206
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
StarVB,

In our country its always the fault of "gaadi waala" as people say. If luck is on your side when a motorcyclists hits you and you have witnesses then you will be saved otherwise he will say you cut in his lane and then 10-20 motorcyclists will stop and start threatening you and hit also if possible.
To my Luck, in my case, taffic policeman was standing right there and was witness to entire episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafanboy View Post
Hey Star , Nice to hear that the car is back .
One thing I dont undersand is why you are waiting for the cheque and all. It suppose to be between dealer and insurance company.
I was in a hurry to get my car back as i moved out of bangalore for a vacation yesterday morning. The car damage claim was in processing
and the inspector told me that i can pay the entire amount and get the car and i would be re-imbursed.
Old 19th September 2009, 11:11   #207
BANNED

Quote:
I was in a hurry to get my car back as i moved out of bangalore for a vacation yesterday morning. The car damage claim was in processing
and the inspector told me that i can pay the entire amount and get the car and i would be re-imbursed.
Naturally. I also did the same thing. Paid the entire money, got hold of the car & then got reimbursement.
And yes I remember, I did not know the exact amount of my contribution till I received reimb though I was told approax amount by SA.
Old 19th September 2009, 12:30   #208
Senior - BHPian

Not all insurance companies have a facility to have the claim settled between the A.S.S and themselves. It's a pain when they don't.
Old 21st September 2009, 22:32   #209
Senior - BHPian

Default Off roading with Honda ANHC ???

Friends

Do you think, ANHC is capable of off roading ?
I am not talking about serious off roading like GTO, Samurai etc talk about or engage in, but a simpler version ?

here is the proof.
Attached Thumbnails
At last i am upgrading to a new dream car ! - The All New Honda City-dsc02809.jpg  

At last i am upgrading to a new dream car ! - The All New Honda City-img_0958.jpg  

Old 21st September 2009, 22:59   #210
Team-BHP Support

As long as it does not hit the bottom, I guess it should be fine !
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote