Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 22nd September 2009, 02:34   #211
BANNED

StarVB

Your car looks shining, smashing on that Road.

The rear bumper job is well done. Did you need to do those parking sensor holes in bumper again? who did it? dealer or installer?
VahanPujari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2009, 11:49   #212
BHPian

Thats a job neatly done. Congrats starvegabond. A good off roading as well. Have you ever thought of fitting a Duck tail spoiler in your car? I am thinking about going for one but confused with whether should i go for this one which costs me around 11k.
infinitewheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2009, 11:00   #213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
StarVB

Your car looks shining, smashing on that Road.

The rear bumper job is well done. Did you need to do those parking sensor holes in bumper again? who did it? dealer or installer?
Thanks Amit, everything was done by dealer himself. i had got the reverse parking sensor fitted at dealers place itself. hence dealer is accountable for everything. I see that it is better this way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitewheel View Post
Thats a job neatly done. Congrats starvegabond. A good off roading as well. Have you ever thought of fitting a Duck tail spoiler in your car? I am thinking about going for one but confused with whether should i go for this one which costs me around 11k.
Thanks infinitewheel.

in my view spoilers really spoil the appearance of the car.
my car is used for business, social, liesure-holiday as well as office commuting purposes. Eventhough i am sporty at heart, i would not like the car to demo that everyday. I would prefer the professional look of the car.
StarVegabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2009, 11:35   #214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
my car is used for business, social, liesure-holiday as well as office commuting purposes. Eventhough i am sporty at heart, i would not like the car to demo that everyday. I would prefer the professional look of the car.
rightly said.
I too chosen minimal Grey instead Red color in Linea for the same reason.
Might be resale value too.
People prefers this color than other in second hand market.
aks_karthik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2009, 13:51   #215
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
As long as it does not hit the bottom, I guess it should be fine !
Yes, Low GC is an issue with ANHC when we visit rural India
this trip, i have driven over 1000 KM till now, the car has brushed/hit the botton atleast a dozen times.

Yesterday, i go the car completely washed, cleaned at a nearby service station. it took apporx 2 hours, i got the car's underbelly inspected (also did it myself), the car looks perfectly fine except for some scratch marks on the bottom side of the bumper plastic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
rightly said.
I too chosen minimal Grey instead Red color in Linea for the same reason.
Might be resale value too.
People prefers this color than other in second hand market.
yes, metallic silver colour is easy to maintain, small scratches are also not seen to the naked eyes from a distance.

I am uploading below some more photographs from this trip.
My next journey will be on 27th & 28th. I will be driving back to Bangalore.
till then i intend to relax and if possible visit some nearby areas (near Udupi) also visit Samurai san
Attached Thumbnails
At last i am upgrading to a new dream car ! - The All New Honda City-dsc02475.jpg  

At last i am upgrading to a new dream car ! - The All New Honda City-dsc02481.jpg  

At last i am upgrading to a new dream car ! - The All New Honda City-dsc02564.jpg  

At last i am upgrading to a new dream car ! - The All New Honda City-dsc02863.jpg  

At last i am upgrading to a new dream car ! - The All New Honda City-img_1054.jpg  

Old 24th September 2009, 15:09   #216
Senior - BHPian

[quote=StarVegabond;1484125]

i was surprised to see not only the rear bumper dislocated, but eeven front bumper got dislocated as it bumped the car ahead of me.

quote]
What happened to the car in front of you when your car bumped it. Did he ask for damages from you? Or seing no damages he drove off; what car was that?
rajeev k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2009, 16:14   #217
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
What happened to the car in front of you when your car bumped it. Did he ask for damages from you? Or seing no damages he drove off; what car was that?
I do not remember the make of the car in front of me. the owner got down, inspected the bumper, found nothing much, not even a scratch as all of us were almost stand still before this incident happened.

He had the courtesy to visit the damange of my car's bumper, showed his symphathy to me and drove away as he was getting late to office.

learning for me was i need to keep safe distance (even in a bumper to bumper traffic) fromt he car in the front and/or that to left and right.

Last edited by StarVegabond : 24th September 2009 at 16:17.
Old 24th September 2009, 18:03   #218
Senior - BHPian

Default Two great moments of this week

Friends,

I was re-viewing the photographs taken over the week end and this week. i found two great moments capurted here, shareing with you.

the first one is a incident capured near shimoga where in a muslim brother is distributing Eidee (money as a gift) to poor peope. Please notice that he is not discriminating whether the receiver is a Hindu or Muslim or for that matter any religion. This is the true sprit of Islam and celebrating Eid (Ramzaan). I was very touched by this moment. I actually stopped the car to completely watch this moment. i wanted to go and congratulate the guy, but the traffic policeman asked me to move forward.

second moment is caputured near Jog, the car seems to have grown the wings and ready for taking off. i was really facinated by this un-intended posture of the car.
Attached Thumbnails
At last i am upgrading to a new dream car ! - The All New Honda City-eid.jpg  

At last i am upgrading to a new dream car ! - The All New Honda City-img_0919a.jpg  

Last edited by StarVegabond : 24th September 2009 at 18:14.
Old 24th September 2009, 20:58   #219
Awaiting Email Confirmation

my car is used for business, social, liesure-holiday as well as office commuting purposes. Eventhough i am sporty at heart, i would not like the car to demo that everyday. I would prefer the professional look of the car.[/quote]

Hey S V B,

I have been follwoing your whole episode from the day you decided to get this car ...man....i must say its quite engrossing.

I was very let down when i read your accident..i know it really hurts..since me, had a similar incident with my car, which incidentally is an ANHC & an Albaster silver...your car looks like mine...you are right when you say the spoiler will spoil the professional looks of the car...

The pictures you have posted are really good, great & nice ..man.

Your songs choices are very much the same that i play in my car....

keep posting, since i am enjoying...i am reading your story like my favourite novel.

drive safe !

by the way....try and say an BIG HELLO to your lovely daughter !
srinivas9446 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2009, 09:03   #220
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Srinivas for reading, appreciating and encouraging

sorry to note that your car also went though similar accident like mine
hope the damage was not huge and no one was hurt.

i did pass on your BIG HELLO to my daughter. She has responded with a normal Hi and thank you. (:-))

take care.
Old 25th September 2009, 09:58   #221
Senior - BHPian

Default Some details about this trip

I was thinking whether i should make a separate thread or just type into this one, eventually decided to type here itself.

This trip was planned last month when my scheduled oversea's trip got dropped and i realized that there are two long weekends (18-21 & 26-28) and if i take 4 days off, then i would get approx 11 days break from regular work.

The theme (s) of this trip is

1. Spending Quality Time with Family
2. Spend as less money as possible
3. Visiting as many unseen / unexperienced destinations in Karnataka as possible

My daughter wanted to spend some time with her grand parents
My wife wanted to visit her aunt's family
I wanted to (once again) drive my car

so a win-win-win approach was adapted and a tentative plan was drawn keeping the theme and these individual needs in the mind.

the plan was as below

1. Drive to Shimoga (wife's aunt and her family stays here), on way visit Kemmannugundi and nearby places
2. stay at shimoga for couple of days and visit sourrounding areas
3. drive to Udupi (my parents place) and stay for few days and return to Bangalore

So both wife and daughter called their respective destinations and told about the plan. It was decided that wife's cousin brother (works and stays in Bangalore) would cancel his train ticket (to shimoga) and join us
on our onward journey. He had bought a professional camera couple of weeks ago and was eager to test it out.

So it was decided that the Queen (Wife) and the Princess (Daughter) would travel on 18th early morning along with Executive Driver (Me) and Official Photographer (my BIL)

The rear ending by the bike spoiled the excitement 3 days before the scheduled travel. My daughter was very disappointed and was worried whether we would eventually travel or not. I got my car repaired on 17th evening and everyone was happy again.

I got it refueled, tyre pressure checked, packing the bags and loading them into the car, packing the snacks and water bottles, the cartoon movies loaded on to the videoplayer, fresh lot of songs loaded on to the memory stick, camera and mobiles put on charging, etc etc. By the time we slept it was almost 1 AM in the morning.

Continued...

Last edited by StarVegabond : 25th September 2009 at 10:04.
Old 25th September 2009, 10:35   #222
BHPian

WoW!! Thats really interesting. Waiting for you to post a detailed review of your experience and the photos from the official photographer.
infinitewheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2009, 12:56   #223
BANNED

Great, StarVB

I think one of the pic above is of your parents' home ? I remember seeing it in your travelouge earlier, If I'm not mistaking it

Enjoy the vacation & Enjoy Driving !!
VahanPujari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2009, 17:06   #224
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
Thanks Srinivas for reading, appreciating and encouraging

sorry to note that your car also went though similar accident like mine
hope the damage was not huge and no one was hurt.

i did pass on your BIG HELLO to my daughter. She has responded with a normal Hi and thank you. (:-))

take care.
it was an accident done by Dakshin honda guys while i left it for first service..bumper was damaged and to cover it up, they delivered the car after the sun had gone down.while checking the car before delivery, i found this. After initial denials, they agreed to repair it. My car is fine now.

and one more thing, would you please let me know the details of the video player in your car. i would like to get it fixed for my kids too.
srinivas9446 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2009, 17:34   #225
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitewheel View Post
WoW!! Thats really interesting. Waiting for you to post a detailed review of your experience and the photos from the official photographer.
Most of the photographs uploaded by me in last 2-3 days are captured by the official photographer, he is still in probationary / self-training period,
more will follow as i blog more details shortly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Great, StarVB

I think one of the pic above is of your parents' home ? I remember seeing it in your travelouge earlier, If I'm not mistaking it

Enjoy the vacation & Enjoy Driving !!
No Amit, the photographs uploaded by me does not have my parents home. the picture (among uploaded last 2-3 days), you are referring to might be from Kemmannugundi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinivas9446 View Post
After initial denials, they agreed to repair it. My car is fine now.

and one more thing, would you please let me know the details of the video player in your car. i would like to get it fixed for my kids too.
Good that your car is fine now.
Regarding the videoplayer, i would share the details with you, Please PM me your contact details. I will call you on tuesday next week once i am back in Bangalore.