Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 25th September 2009, 18:31   #226
Senior - BHPian

Day #1 : 18th Sept
-------------------

Woke up at 3:15 AM when the mobile phone (alarm) started ringing
it took some time for me and wife to get ready. By the time we are ready, BIL and daughter also got up, got ready. We locked the house, loaded the remaining bags in the car and started at 4:45 AM.

stopped at the ATm, withdrew some cash, and started on to the Yelahanka-Dodballapur road. After couple of KMs, following colversation happened

Wife : I think , the Gyser is still ON and not switched off
Me : Are you joking or really gyser is ON ??
Wife : Have you switched off the gyser
Me : No, i was the first one to take bath, after that three of you have visited the bath room
Wife : Checking with the rear seat passengers, have you switched off the gyser ?, There was silence from the rear seat.

I silently took the U Turn and headed back towards home
Wife went inside the home and returned after 5 minutes.

Me : What happend ?
Wife : Not only the Gyser, even Acquaguard was ON
Me : Good, have you locked the door properly ?
Wife :

After this false start, we restarted at 5:02 AM.

Road condition on the Dodballapur - Dobbaspet section was good excpet some occational pot holes. We had to stop at 2 (out of 3) railway crossings. Cumulative stopping time was about 8-10 minutes

Dawn was just happening, it was a beautiful day, lush green surroundings
empty and inviting road ahead. With my sedate driving we eventually reached the Dobbaspet - NH 4 junction and found that it was blocked by a huge truck carry some mysterious goods. It took almost 10-12 minutes for the truck to pass the junction, later on we found that there was a convoy of such trucks (some 5-6 trucks) parked on the NH4 immediately after the dobbaspet flyover. We anyway would have got blocked, becasue of false start, we had to wait minimal as last truck was ahead of us.
Attached Images

StarVegabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2009, 19:25   #227
Senior - BHPian

Default Day 1 continued..

Left Dobbaspet (69KM) @ 6.05 AM, NH4 was clean, reach the toll plaza at 6.20 AM, paid RS 12/-, crossed famous tumkur bye pass full of potholes and killer speed breakers. Drove through Tumkur City (90KM) at 6.45 AM.
reached NH206, outskirts of Tumkur city toward NH206 is in bad shape.

i would not advice travellers to take Tumkur city roads during day time as it would be full of traffic and signals.

NH206 is in good condition, we crossed Gubbi town, decided to take breakfast break at Sri Matha Sagar, near Kibbanhalli (7.45 AM)

Highway On My Plate (HOMP) rating for this resturant is 6/10, service was quick, nothing much to remember about the Idly-Wada Sambhar. We were out in 20 minutes (8.05 AM). I have added some photos below about this place.

Drive through Tiptur (165 KM, 8.25AM), Arsikere (190KM, 8.48AM), Kadur (229KM, 9.22 AM) and reached Birur (236 KM, 9.30 AM)

Took left turn, reached Lingadahalli (256KM, 9.56AM). The road from Birur to Lingadahalli so-so, often full of cattles. I have added few photographs below.
Attached Images

Last edited by StarVegabond : 25th September 2009 at 19:33.
Old 25th September 2009, 20:50   #228
Awaiting Email Confirmation

SVB,

the idlis seems to be in conflict with the vada !

The spoons along with the idlis seems to be saying something to the vada.

The pictures are good , especially the breakfast plate....whose plate was it ?

I liked the idol in your car, seemed to have had lot of KADUBUS in the recent festival !!

you are right, the tumkur bye pass is a pain...i travel quite often to meet one of my client on this highway.

Keep posting...
srinivas9446 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2009, 09:38   #229
Senior - BHPian

Default Kallathi Falls

Some 6KM from Lingadahalli, there is a left turn to Kallathi falls.
As per internet site based information, it is also known as Kallathigiri falls and Kalahasthi falls. Water cascades from a height of 122 metres and the temple here is attributed to times of the Vijayanagar empire. According to a local legend, this place is associated with the Hindu sage, Agastya.

There is a parking fee of RS 10/- for a car. The receipt says that this fee is being collected on behalf of Kallathigiri village panchayat. The parking is in front of the traveller's bunglow owned by horticulture department.

One needs to leave their footware some 100 meters away and walk bare footed towards the temple/waterfall.

We found out that the temple belongs to Virabhadreshwara swami. Due to Mahalaya Amavasya, there was a huge crowd taking bath and also visiting temple. We did not visit the temple, but spent some time near the two leveled water fall, the lower fall is right in front of the temple, one needs to walk through the water to reach the temple. It is as good as one is cleaning his/her feets prior to visiting the lord.

The upper level is less frequented, but we found the water to be very chilled. We took some "been there done that type" photographs.
after spening some 10-15 minutes, we walked back to the car.

On way we found a lady selling chilli-salted amla or gooseberries.
bought them for RS 10/-, the taste was divine.

we got into the car and drove towards kemmannugundi
Attached Thumbnails
At last i am upgrading to a new dream car ! - The All New Honda City-dsc02454.jpg  

At last i am upgrading to a new dream car ! - The All New Honda City-dsc02455.jpg  

At last i am upgrading to a new dream car ! - The All New Honda City-dsc02457.jpg  

Attached Images

Last edited by StarVegabond : 26th September 2009 at 09:46.
Old 28th September 2009, 22:42   #230
Senior - BHPian

Default Kemmannugundi and on way to it

For the first timers like me, some internet pages tell following about Kemmannugundi.

Kemmangundi is a hill station in Tarikere taluk of Chikkamagaluru district in the state of Karnataka, India. It is located at a height of 1434m above sea level. This was the summer retreat of Krishnaraja Wodeyar IV and as a mark of respect to the king, it is also known as Sri Krishnarajendra Hill Station. Ringed by the Baba Budan Giri Range and blessed with silver cascades, mountain streams, and lush vegetation, Kemmangundi's beautifully laid-out ornamental gardens and enchanting mountains and valleys views are a treat to the eye. The spectacular sunset view from the Raj Bhavan is a photographer's delight. For the adventurous at heart, Kemmangundi offers many peaks to scale and intricate jungle paths to explore.

Kemmangundi (or Kemmanagundi) derives its name from three Kannada words - Kempu (red), mannu (soil) and gundi (pit) and means a place with red soil.

Our experience is as below.
From Kallathi falls, Kemmannugundi is approx 10 KMs. Drive is through the narrow, winding and potholed roads, One feels like a king on these roads as no other traffic exists on the road. There are severall coffee estates on both sides of the road. Some of the views are breath taking

I have added some photographs of the road and arround
Attached Thumbnails
At last i am upgrading to a new dream car ! - The All New Honda City-dsc02463.jpg  

At last i am upgrading to a new dream car ! - The All New Honda City-dsc02464.jpg  

At last i am upgrading to a new dream car ! - The All New Honda City-dsc02467.jpg  

At last i am upgrading to a new dream car ! - The All New Honda City-dsc02468.jpg  

At last i am upgrading to a new dream car ! - The All New Honda City-dsc02469.jpg  

At last i am upgrading to a new dream car ! - The All New Honda City-dsc02470.jpg  

At last i am upgrading to a new dream car ! - The All New Honda City-dsc02471.jpg  

At last i am upgrading to a new dream car ! - The All New Honda City-dsc02472.jpg  

At last i am upgrading to a new dream car ! - The All New Honda City-dsc02474.jpg  

At last i am upgrading to a new dream car ! - The All New Honda City-dsc02476.jpg  

At last i am upgrading to a new dream car ! - The All New Honda City-dsc02477.jpg  

At last i am upgrading to a new dream car ! - The All New Honda City-dsc02479.jpg  

At last i am upgrading to a new dream car ! - The All New Honda City-dsc02480.jpg  

At last i am upgrading to a new dream car ! - The All New Honda City-dsc02482.jpg  

At last i am upgrading to a new dream car ! - The All New Honda City-dsc02483.jpg  

At last i am upgrading to a new dream car ! - The All New Honda City-dsc02486.jpg  

At last i am upgrading to a new dream car ! - The All New Honda City-dsc02488.jpg  

At last i am upgrading to a new dream car ! - The All New Honda City-dsc02489.jpg  

At last i am upgrading to a new dream car ! - The All New Honda City-dsc02490.jpg  

At last i am upgrading to a new dream car ! - The All New Honda City-dsc02491.jpg  

At last i am upgrading to a new dream car ! - The All New Honda City-dsc02492.jpg  

At last i am upgrading to a new dream car ! - The All New Honda City-dsc02493.jpg  

At last i am upgrading to a new dream car ! - The All New Honda City-dsc02494.jpg  

At last i am upgrading to a new dream car ! - The All New Honda City-dsc02495.jpg  

Old 6th October 2009, 20:04   #231
Senior - BHPian

Default I was humbleh'd and overwhelmed over last week

my experience blogging was left incomplete because two extra ordinary things happened over last week

1. Leh travelogue by Laluks, HVK, Glen and other 5-6 vehicles. this made me loose my motivation to share my experience (= i was humbled)

2. Sam and N_C decided to travel from Mumbai to Delhi in a nano, which attracted the whole forum's attention towards this event

now both the events are over the peak now
i hope to recover my motivation and type out the rest.
let me see, how fast i can re-gain

meanwhile last week end (sunday), we went on a 380 KM drive to Lepakshi - Penukonda - Dharmavaram - Puttaparthi

i also want to type this report in., might do over the week end.
Old 6th October 2009, 20:34   #232
BHPian

Nice read ..I liked the gyzer drama picchaars are nice too..
hondafanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2009, 18:43   #233
Senior - BHPian

Default Kemmannugundi - Horticulture Department Guest houses

Kemmannugundi is under the administration of Horticulture Department of Govt of Karnataka. There are some guest houses which seems to have only very basic facilities. The people whom i have asked about the feedback have not given great feedback, most said it is good for bachelore group visits or stud parties.

There is a entry fee of RS 20/- or RS 30/- (i do not remember exactly) to enter this area.

there is a huge bill board with painting of the locations on kemmannugundi and distance, but the board is not well maintained, paint is getting peeled off or getting faded.

here are some snaps of the entrance, excuse me for the quality of photographs, eventhough it was arround noon time, there was fog on the hill top. some pictures have not come very clearly.
Attached Thumbnails
At last i am upgrading to a new dream car ! - The All New Honda City-dsc02497.jpg  

At last i am upgrading to a new dream car ! - The All New Honda City-dsc02498.jpg  

At last i am upgrading to a new dream car ! - The All New Honda City-dsc02522.jpg  

At last i am upgrading to a new dream car ! - The All New Honda City-dsc02560.jpg  

At last i am upgrading to a new dream car ! - The All New Honda City-dsc02561.jpg  

Old 7th October 2009, 20:49   #234
Senior - BHPian

As per the Website information, Kemmangundi was established as the summer retreat of Krishnaraja Wodeyar IV. He later donated this resort to the Government of Karnataka. Raj Bhavan is a guest house located in Kemmangundi and offers a spectacular view of the surrounding hills. The view of the sunset from Raj Bhavan is something to be cherished, but we never stayed till sunset to witness it.

I have attached here some photographs of the Rajbhavan. There is a Tariff card and checkout time mentioned. Rooms tarriff appears to be affordable, there was no one available to to clarify the booking process.

There is a BSNL exchange, Cellular tower, Solar Panels to generate electricity, Solar water heating system etc. But i am not sure except cellular, anything else is in working condition.

I am working on a laptop connected to a datacard, something happend and last session got disconnected. (MODS: Please merge this post with previous one , i know that back to back post within 20 minutes is not allowed)
Attached Thumbnails
At last i am upgrading to a new dream car ! - The All New Honda City-dsc02507.jpg  

At last i am upgrading to a new dream car ! - The All New Honda City-dsc02514.jpg  

At last i am upgrading to a new dream car ! - The All New Honda City-dsc02528.jpg  

At last i am upgrading to a new dream car ! - The All New Honda City-dsc02529.jpg  

At last i am upgrading to a new dream car ! - The All New Honda City-dsc02533.jpg  

At last i am upgrading to a new dream car ! - The All New Honda City-dsc02538.jpg  

At last i am upgrading to a new dream car ! - The All New Honda City-dsc02539.jpg  

At last i am upgrading to a new dream car ! - The All New Honda City-dsc02543.jpg  

At last i am upgrading to a new dream car ! - The All New Honda City-dsc02501.jpg  

At last i am upgrading to a new dream car ! - The All New Honda City-dsc02508.jpg  

Last edited by Samurai : 7th October 2009 at 23:06. Reason: as requested
Old 7th October 2009, 22:53   #235
Senior - BHPian

Default View from the Rajbhavan and arround

I will let the pictures speak for themselves
Attached Thumbnails
At last i am upgrading to a new dream car ! - The All New Honda City-dsc02502.jpg  

At last i am upgrading to a new dream car ! - The All New Honda City-dsc02503.jpg  

At last i am upgrading to a new dream car ! - The All New Honda City-dsc02515.jpg  

At last i am upgrading to a new dream car ! - The All New Honda City-dsc02516.jpg  

At last i am upgrading to a new dream car ! - The All New Honda City-dsc02519.jpg  

At last i am upgrading to a new dream car ! - The All New Honda City-dsc02520.jpg  

At last i am upgrading to a new dream car ! - The All New Honda City-dsc02523.jpg  

At last i am upgrading to a new dream car ! - The All New Honda City-dsc02526.jpg  

At last i am upgrading to a new dream car ! - The All New Honda City-dsc02540.jpg  

At last i am upgrading to a new dream car ! - The All New Honda City-dsc02546.jpg  

At last i am upgrading to a new dream car ! - The All New Honda City-dsc02547.jpg  

At last i am upgrading to a new dream car ! - The All New Honda City-dsc02548.jpg  

At last i am upgrading to a new dream car ! - The All New Honda City-dsc02549.jpg  

At last i am upgrading to a new dream car ! - The All New Honda City-dsc02550.jpg  

At last i am upgrading to a new dream car ! - The All New Honda City-dsc02551.jpg  

At last i am upgrading to a new dream car ! - The All New Honda City-dsc02552.jpg  

At last i am upgrading to a new dream car ! - The All New Honda City-dsc02509.jpg  

At last i am upgrading to a new dream car ! - The All New Honda City-dsc02510.jpg  

At last i am upgrading to a new dream car ! - The All New Honda City-dsc02534.jpg  

At last i am upgrading to a new dream car ! - The All New Honda City-dsc02535.jpg  

At last i am upgrading to a new dream car ! - The All New Honda City-dsc02536.jpg  

At last i am upgrading to a new dream car ! - The All New Honda City-dsc02537.jpg  

At last i am upgrading to a new dream car ! - The All New Honda City-dsc02557.jpg  

Old 8th October 2009, 12:18   #236
GTO
Team-BHP Support

@ Starvegabond : I request you to create a separate travelogues thread, and maintain this discussion only around the car. Thanks
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2009, 09:11   #237
BHPian

Default Missing your updates

Hey Starvegabond, where are you? Hope your ANHC is doing well. Please update. I am missing your detailed reviews and experiences.
Govinda-Govinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2009, 17:28   #238
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
@ Starvegabond : I request you to create a separate travelogues thread, and maintain this discussion only around the car. Thanks
hi I had a question. I have a ANHC which has run about 5600 km. I wanted to put synthetic oil (Might change at the third service) and replace the air filter with a K&N Filter. What would be the optinum number of km's the car should run before the above changes can be made. Thanks
amidoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2009, 18:16   #239
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amidoc View Post
hi I had a question. I have a ANHC which has run about 5600 km. I wanted to put synthetic oil (Might change at the third service) and replace the air filter with a K&N Filter. What would be the optinum number of km's the car should run before the above changes can be made. Thanks
TBHP recommends moving to Synthetic after 10K Kms to achieve optimal run in. Not sure about K&N filter though.
SkyWalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2009, 18:58   #240
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by amidoc View Post
hi I had a question. I have a ANHC which has run about 5600 km. I wanted to put synthetic oil
The Honda dealers around here insist on synthetic (Honda brand) even for my NHC saying that all new cars now have iVTEC engine and Honda insists on synthetic diet only for them and supplying only that!
trrk is offline   Reply With Quote