Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 6th November 2009, 22:01   #241
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
TBHP recommends moving to Synthetic after 10K Kms to achieve optimal run in. Not sure about K&N filter though.
If Honda recommends synth from 'y' kms, go with what they say. Main reason is that new car owners have a warranty to retain.

Toyota has debunked the "minimum-mileage-before-filling-synth" theory. Just found out about 10 days ago when I took my car for its 2nd free service. I promptly went in for synthetic + iridium plugs (after more than 4 years of sticking to mineral) though my car had done near about 5k kms. I've really liked the the experience so far. The engine is running beautifully. Is it VFM? Absolutely not!

You can experience almost the same levels of smoothness etc with 6 monthly changes of fresh API SL/SM mineral or semi synth oil. Synthetic is NOT a compulsion unless the mfr says so. I plan to change the oil after 12 months or 10k kms sticking to Toyota's recommendations but at the same time knowing that the synth will fare better over that period in the engine than any mineral. I generally change engine oil every 6 months.

K&N is avoidable. You will void your warranty.

Cheers!

Last edited by R2D2 : 6th November 2009 at 22:16.
R2D2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2009, 00:08   #242
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Govinda-Govinda View Post
Hey Starvegabond, where are you? Hope your ANHC is doing well. Please update. I am missing your detailed reviews and experiences.
Hi Govinda

I am very much here, but was not very much active on forum over last few weeks as i was back to being busy, as recession in India seems to be getting over and life is again slowly returning to 18 hours work day.

As of now the my car is in the 6th month of ownership, having completed 89xx KMs, there is nothing much to report.

My car is completely at my disposal whenever i need, how ever I need.
it is currently a ever reliable companion be it regular office travel, business travel, FUN trips, family trips etc OR day time or night time.

only two things are needed to be done by me

1. fueling when tank is empty, it costs approx 1800 RS for tankful from reserve level. it takes me 10 minutes as fuel station is nearby.

2. washing and cleaning once in 2 weeks. it costs 150 RS or 250RS depening on whether it is just a cleaning job or full service. it takes about 30-45 minutes each time at a nearby washing / cleaning service station.

I tried sharing my travel expereince on this thread, but BIGBOSS politely adviced me not to do it, so that was also another reason for not much update over last few weeks.
StarVegabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2009, 10:50   #243
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
I tried sharing my travel expereince on this thread, but BIGBOSS politely adviced me not to do it, so that was also another reason for not much update over last few weeks.
I suggest you get the travelogs (what you already have) separated as a new thread. That way it gets lot more vissibility and attracts visits even from those who may not be interested in ANHC related stuff.
Guna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2009, 18:12   #244
Senior - BHPian

Today, i had a client meeting to attend, but my car was dirty due to the rains over last 2-3 days. so stopped at the nearby carwash, there i met with an interesting gentleman with his black coloured delhi registered Honda Jazz.

The Car was just one month old, they had come to Bnaglaore on a vacation, it took him 50 hours over 2.5 days drive to reach Bangalore,
There were two drivers including this gentleman. They took the Delhi-Gwalior - Nagpur-Hyderabad- Bangalroe route.

This gentleman was a tibetian, born and broughtup in India, his parents came to India after being forced out of Tibet. He is currently in the business of making and selling sweaters. his factory is at Dargiling.

We discussed about the Tibetian settlements in India especially my visit to Kushalnagar few years ago.

We also discussed cars, he was not very happy with 1.2L engine of Jazz, he had spent some 46K for a set of fabulously looking black alloys with wonderful tyres. But he was not happy with the ride quality.

by this time both our cars were ready, clean, fresh, wished good luck to each other and drove on,

then i remembered, i did not ask his name, neither he asked my name.

but our cars had connected us and those 30 minutes of conversation was memorable.

Last edited by StarVegabond : 20th November 2009 at 18:15.
Old 22nd November 2009, 08:58   #245

StarVegaBond,

I am looking at booking a City and was leaning towards the SMT version in prefence to VMT. Any advice you can give on the accessories on top of SMT from your experience of using SMT would be a great help.
greatcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2009, 10:17   #246
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatcar View Post
StarVegaBond,

I am looking at booking a City and was leaning towards the SMT version in prefence to VMT. Any advice you can give on the accessories on top of SMT from your experience of using SMT would be a great help.
Hello greatcar,

you seems to have made a good decision of booking ANHC.
regarding accessories for SMT, i would certainly recommend the following

1. Sun Films
2. Reverse Parking Sensors + indicator
3. Rubber mats (for rainy season) apart from regular floor mats
4. Seat Covers (depending on your needs)
5. 4GB / 8GB / 16 GB memory stick to store you music
6. A charger for your mobile phones
7. if you like, an idol of the God you prefer.

You can negotiate most of these (item nos 1,2,3,7) free of cost with the dealer depending on your negotiation skills.

I have not felt the need for anti rust treatment as Bangalore does not have salty/coastal weather.

I do not recommend Teflon coating because if by any chance any dent comes up and need to be fixed, it will create problems.

i have not felt the need for alloys for indian road, i think it is still better to have steel wheeels as one never know when the next pothole comes up, alloy wheels even if slightly bent, can not be salvaged. I would suggest you to request for Michelin tyres as honda comes with 2-3 options for tyres.

Several people think, ANHC's headlights are in-sufficient and want to upgrade. But in actually they also write in their travelogues that during night drives, the opposite cars blinded them and how in-sensitive the other drivers are. But i think, the head lights are as per the laid down specs and are sufficient for city drives. if you are very frequent highway driver that too a night driver, then you can choose a different car or SUV.

if you are one of those geeky types, buy an car inverter for connecting your laptop etc.

If you still have some money left with you , then you can look at a video screen that can be retrofitted., i take liberty to recommend you to wait for another few months, when the tablet netbooks would hit the market, which can boast integrated BT, Wi-Fi, 3G modem, GPS, Multimedia player, 7"/10" touch screen etc etc for some 300-400$.

hope i have answered your question, enjoy your new car buying experience, drive safe, have fun.

Last edited by StarVegabond : 22nd November 2009 at 10:31.
Old 22nd November 2009, 16:53   #247

Hi StarVegaBond,

Thanks very much for your quick and timely advice. Booked the car (SMT, Polished Metal Metallic) and now awaiting for delivery.

Rahul
greatcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2009, 09:48   #248
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatcar View Post
Hi StarVegaBond,

Thanks very much for your quick and timely advice. Booked the car (SMT, Polished Metal Metallic) and now awaiting for delivery.

Rahul
That is great, Rahul aka greatcar

Congratulations to you and your family.

now i suggest, you start ownership thread to share your experience of search for the car, your needs, selection process, test drive and dealership experiences, and next steps.

Wish you many many happy miles with your ANHC.
Drive safe, have fun.

Last edited by StarVegabond : 23rd November 2009 at 09:49.
Old 23rd November 2009, 20:44   #249
Senior - BHPian

Default 6 months and 94xx KMs completed

Yesterday, my ANHC completed 6 months of ownership with me and has covered some 94xx KMs till now, that means

1. 38xx KMs (~40%) on Highway, consumed some ~ minimum 290L of fuel

2. 56xx KMs (~60%) within Bangalore city, consumed ~ minimum 430L of fuel

3. Average 15xx KM per month, Minimum FE i have got is 13.xx (=13.0)

4. Total Fuel expenses of ~ RS 38000+ in 6 months.

5. Cost of 2 services ~ 2600 RS (exact figures have been shared before)

6. One accident in Bangalore due to rear ending by the biker ~ 14000/- second one at Udupi resulting in a minor scratch on rear bumper, some additional scratches on the front bumper due to my personal negligence and bumped into a foot path at Mejestic while parking.

7. Post delivery visits to the showroom: 3 in all, twice for the servicing, once for collecting the RC book + checking out some seat covers.

8. Niggles encountered : NIL

9. Number of driving vacations : 3 till now, planning a fourth one this week end.

10. Happiness index : (i have not pasted more due to forum restrictions)

that summarizes my 6 months of ownership feedback about ANHC.

i look forward for next 6 months.

Last edited by StarVegabond : 23rd November 2009 at 20:54.
Old 23rd November 2009, 20:47   #250
BHPian

Great Car, ANHC is a great car ! You will definitely enjoy it for sure ! By the way which dealer have you booked the car with ?

@star,

hope you have your seat covers done by now?

Thats a nice and brief summary of 6 months ownership.

I think we ANHC guys should catch up sometime with our cars, do you have any suggestion on this ?

Last edited by nandans2005 : 23rd November 2009 at 20:48.
nandans2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2009, 23:13   #251
BHPian

Great to have your regular updates. I am enjoying your reviews. Wishing you many many more driving holidays and loads of fun. Dont not being able to post travelogues here deter you, do post them separately or summarize the car experience here.
Govinda-Govinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2009, 09:53   #252
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandans2005 View Post

@star,

hope you have your seat covers done by now?

Thats a nice and brief summary of 6 months ownership.

I think we ANHC guys should catch up sometime with our cars, do you have any suggestion on this ?
Thanks Nandan, I am yet to get the seat covers, i am enjoying the seat itself as of now. may be i will plan the seat covers after another 6 months.

regarding the meeting, i am okay with it, i may not be able to co-ordinate the meet. In fact i am yet to meet Hari (Lukeskywalker) since six months despite living 2 KM apart, Hari has been inviting me for several short meets, but some how things were such that, i did not make it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Govinda-Govinda View Post
Great to have your regular updates. I am enjoying your reviews. Wishing you many many more driving holidays and loads of fun. Dont not being able to post travelogues here deter you, do post them separately or summarize the car experience here.
Hi Govinda, i am not detered by not able to post my travelogues here, when we are in a community, be it online or real life, we still need to abide by the rules, i am no different.

Good to know that you enjoy reading this thread, thanks for the appreciation.

will post updates as it happens,

Last edited by StarVegabond : 24th November 2009 at 09:59.
Old 25th November 2009, 22:11   #253
Senior - BHPian

Default One more long drive coming up

Tomorrow afternoon, we will be proceeding on one more long drive
we have to attend a wedding ceremony near Gadag on 27th.
We plan to leave Bangalore at 3 PM and drive to Davangere or Hubli, to be decided depending on the actual progress of the drive.

on saturday and sunday forenoon, we plan to visit Hampi and around.
and return to Bangalore by sunday evening.

i think, it would be approx 1000 KM drive, I trust, my ANHC would meet the challenge as usual.

i will be crossing 10K KMs during these 4 days.
Old 25th November 2009, 22:24   #254
Senior - BHPian

Happy Journey Buddy ! Plz post do post pics of your trip and of course the FE too.
karanraheja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2009, 08:28   #255
BHPian

Happy Journey ! drive safe ! keep posting during the travel .
nandans2005 is offline   Reply With Quote