Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 26th November 2009, 09:25   #256
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
Happy Journey Buddy ! Plz post do post pics of your trip and of course the FE too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nandans2005 View Post
Happy Journey ! drive safe ! keep posting during the travel .
Thanks guys, will post once i am back.
StarVegabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2009, 18:15   #257
Senior - BHPian

Default 10K KM completed

On Sunday evening 7 PM returned from Gadag (attending a marriage) and Hospet - Hampi trip.

left Yelahanka Bangalore on Thursday (26th Nov) afternoon 3:30 PM and reached Hubli by 10:50 PM with two breaks in between for Tea (30 minutes) and 50 minutes (dinner @ Raneebennur BPCL Ghar dhabha).
Stayed in a budget hotel at Hubli.

on 27th morning got ready by 8 AM, had breakfast, checked out and started towards Gadag by 8:45, Road condition is excellent with seevral sunflower and chilly fields on either side of the road. reached Gadag by 9:45 AM. Attended the marriage and started towards Hospet at 3 PM.
reached TB Dam at Hospet by 5:30 PM. Spent the evening at
the TB dam, reached Hospet City by 7:30 PM, Checked into Yatri Nivas
on Station road, had dinner and called it a day.

on 28th Nov, started toward Hampi at 8 AM after the breakfast
reached Hampi by 8:20 (12 KM drive), engaged a guide for 800 RS for 6 hours site seeing, visited all major attractions, had lunch at Mayura Bhuvaneshwari (Veg buffet for RS 75 each, kid buffet for RS 50/-), visited more attractions, did some minor shopping at Hampi bazaar and started back towards Hospet by 5:30 PM, reached Hospet by 6 PM

relaxed for the rest of the evening.

on 29th, started from Hospet at 9 :15 AM after breackfast and checking out of the hotel. took Bellary-Gooty-Ananthpur-Chikballapur-Yelahanka route. Hospet-Bellary-Gooty stretch is one of the worst i have driven in my life and i would prefer not to travel on that streach again in my life.

took the lunch break at BPCL Ghar dhabha (immediately after Gooty) and Evening Tea break (at Shantisagar, Chikballapur) and reached Home by 7 PM

Total KMs driven 1030 KM
Total Fuel Consumed : ~ 70 Ltrs
Fuel Economy : ~ 14.5 KMPL
Fuel economy shown on the indicator : 15.8 KMPL

Current ODO reading is 104xx KMs.

Last edited by StarVegabond : 1st December 2009 at 18:17.
Old 5th December 2009, 22:35   #258
Senior - BHPian

Default Third Service (6Months, 10000 KMs) Completed

Got done the 10000 KM service

The invoice is as below

Blade Rubber (1) RS 289.20
Engine Oil (3.6L) RS 693.70
Oil Filter Cartridge (1) RS 137.30
Drain Washer (1) RS 016.52

Total RS 1136.74
VAT on Spares (12.5%) RS 142.09

Mechanical Labour charges RS 33.00
Servcie Tax (10%) RS 3.30
Cess on Service Tax (3%) RS 0.10
Round off -RS 0.23

Total RS 1315.00

Car has been completely washed, cleaned.
I also got a complimentory Tissue Paper box from the service station.

Car feels more very smooth, I again got confused 2-3 times whether engine is on or off.

With this service, all three (so called) complimentory / free services
have been completed.
Old 6th December 2009, 11:38   #259
BHPian

hey star,

Nice to see you return safely.

me too got the 10k service done recently at Magnum. My bill is similar to yours.

Just yesterday had an accident near my office in jayanagar. A hero honda guy rammed into my right hand rear door. I was watching him behind for quite a distance. This guy was chewing pan. But he didnt know that his pan would prove costly yesterday. He said he was busy spitting pan and suddenly he saw my car in front of him. He just rammed it.

We went to Magnum and got the estimate. Its between 14 and 15k. I asked him to pay the amount, which otherwise i would have paid. He paid and left. This guy is working for a car detailing centre on R.V Road. He asked me to drop in for special services which he listed.

i am sending the car for repairs tomorrow. This is second accident in just 2 weeks. Earlier i got the bonnet replaced, since our goods auto guy rammed it while reversing in the office. and i am fed up.

keep in touch.
nandans2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2009, 12:15   #260
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
hey star,

Nice to see you return safely.

me too got the 10k service done recently at Magnum. My bill is similar to yours.
Thanks, good that you got your 10K service done, how is your car / engine behaving now.

Quote:
Just yesterday had an accident near my office in jayanagar. A hero honda guy rammed into my right hand rear door.
We went to Magnum and got the estimate. Its between 14 and 15k. I asked him to pay the amount, which otherwise i would have paid. He paid and left.
Sorry to note about the damage, But look at the positive side, the guy paid for it, ofcourse, you will feel bad about it, the car will also spend couple of days at the Hospital ("Garage"). I am sure it will come back as if it is new.

Quote:
This is second accident in just 2 weeks. Earlier i got the bonnet replaced, since our goods auto guy rammed it while reversing in the office. and i am fed up.
Don't feel bad, Accidents do happen, Move on. (Ofcourse it is easy for me to advice you, i know it is difficult to follow)

Quote:
keep in touch.
Sure, this forum is a great way to sty in touch, share the progress, seek suggetions/advice etc, etc. Hence i intend to continue to post in my ownership thread, make it a living thread as long as possible.

Last edited by StarVegabond : 6th December 2009 at 12:17.
Old 6th December 2009, 12:47   #261
BHPian

Smile

StarVegaBond, I was wondering
, does honda recommend the IOCL extra premium or HPCL Power??
Iamlegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2009, 15:40   #262
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamlegend View Post
StarVegaBond, I was wondering
, does honda recommend the IOCL extra premium or HPCL Power??
Hey Iamlegend aka the last surviving guy in a city after the great plauge hit the civilization.

Atleast i have not read anywhere in the user manuals that Honda recommends any particular brand of fuel.

It certainly recommends 91 octane fuel for the Honda City 1.5SMT

regarding the Xtra premium and Power, there are two schools of thought within T-BHP

First, the people who belive that these brands = 91 octane fuel and once we fill these branded fuels the car is being used in line with Honda recommendation

Second, the people who belive that these fuels are full of additives which are harmful to the engine. and we should not use these branded fuels.
They also say that in large cities in India, the fule (=normal petrol) available is already 91 octane, where as they are not sure about it int he rural area.

If you ask me, about my personal stand, i have been using IOCL Xtra Premium till about 4+ months of my ownership, later on i tried the normal petrol (from bangalore based fuel station only) , i have not noticed any difference in the vehicle running or fuel economy.

Now-a-days if the nearby IOCL station has normal petrol, i fill it in, else i go for Xtra Premium.
Old 6th December 2009, 20:04   #263
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
Engine Oil (3.6L) RS 693.70
Is it possible for you to scan the bill and put it here (or you can send it to me in m email address)?

Obviuosly they have used mineral oil in your car where as the dealer here insists on synthetic for my CVT. With this I can disprove his claim.
trrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2009, 20:13   #264
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,

Is it possible for you to scan the bill and put it here (or you can send it to me in m email address)?

Obviuosly they have used mineral oil in your car where as the dealer here insists on synthetic for my CVT. With this I can disprove his claim.
You can PM me your e-mail address, i will try to scan the bill and send it to you over e-mail tomorrow. hope it will work for you.
Old 6th December 2009, 20:41   #265
BHPian

Trrk,

Its your choice to go for any type of oil. Here in Bangalore, they will ask which oil is preferred. I always opt for the mineral oil, for the only reason i get to fill new oil every 5k kms.

I wonder why this dealer in your state is insisting. They can't do it.

Take starvega's bill, else me too will scan my bill & send it, if required.

sometime these dealer are
Old 6th December 2009, 20:54   #266
BHPian

MODS: Please excuse me. i totally forgot that i am not supposed to do back to back postings.

star,

since it happened near my office, my boys took him to task. i hardly did any talking, since i am uncomfortable doing it, since it called for some crude desi talking since the guy involved was supposed to have been talked to like that. My guys just pushed me into my cabin and took care of everything.

credit goes to guys working for me, i was even uncomfortable to take the money he was going to give. My office assistant did it for me. i heard they even took his bike away for sometime.

but i am fed with all these unwanted things. people should be careful on the roads. This will avoid lot of unpleasant incidents

Last edited by nandans2005 : 6th December 2009 at 20:57.
Old 7th December 2009, 17:33   #267
Senior - BHPian

Default Upgrades

I bought two upgrades for my car

1. 8 GB USB memory stick for the ICE. I had a 4GB stick + MP3 player which was full. now this 8 GB stick will enable me to load more songs. It cost me RS 839.

2. I also bought the Neck Support Cushions for the front seats. I got a nice (almost matching) colored cushions for RS 250/-

I want to ask the fellow owners about their feedback about neck support cushions, Does it really help during long drives ?
Old 7th December 2009, 20:49   #268
BHPian

hey star,

Yep. it really helps man. I am using it for a longtime now. i have felt the need of it since i drive everywhere.

I am a driver who sit very upright and no crouching whatsoever.My chest is always upright. So the neck rest in my ANHC gets little out of place. Somehow it seems to fit while i am driving scorpio. I have not used it yet in i20, since i hardly get to use, since its my wife's car.

Apart from using it in the cars, it has helped me a lot during my air travel to my branch offices. But my only worry is that, are we getting used to these artificial things. People in olden days lived very well without all these, right ?

haven't you thought of a good Ipod?

Last edited by nandans2005 : 7th December 2009 at 20:52.
Old 7th December 2009, 22:05   #269
BHPian

StarVB,

You are prolific traveller as well as dirver, kudos.

-Pratim
pratim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2009, 08:18   #270
BHPian

Star,

by mistake, i have mixed up the discussion with the other kind neck rests/pillows which are used during air travel. For your info.

Hey pratim,

How are you and how is your car doing ?

any idea, how many blue cars in Bangalore ?

bye

Last edited by nandans2005 : 8th December 2009 at 08:21.