Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 8th December 2009, 11:02   #271
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandans2005 View Post

haven't you thought of a good Ipod?
Not yet, I am not a music listener on the move, (on the move means carry music with me where ever i go). I prefer to listen to music either at Home or Car or any other quiet/stationary place.

second, i already had several portable music players of 256 MB to 4 GB capacity with me since last over 8-10 years.

hence never thought of buying an ipod, But I may end up buying in future

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratim View Post
StarVB,

You are prolific traveller as well as dirver, kudos.

-Pratim
I am an average cautious driver. i just try to do the basics right.

Regarding being a traveler, yes, i agree, i used to travel a lot (20+ days a month) for few year for my job related tasks. Now i am trying to bring it down, 2009 my avg travel days have dipped to 7-10 days in a month.

Quote:
by mistake, i have mixed up the discussion with the other kind neck rests/pillows which are used during air travel. For your info.
No problems, i will wait for some one who has used these neck support cushions in a car to comment. else in couple of months i will know anyway.
StarVegabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2009, 22:55   #272
BHPian

Quote:
Hey pratim,

How are you and how is your car doing ?

any idea, how many blue cars in Bangalore ?
Nandan as you know, car is good, easy and fun to drive, smooth. Still getting adjusted to driving an AT. I wish it had a slightly better and firmer suspension setup, like Linea has it. I also wish the next gen Honda City comes with 195/60 tyres, with an additional 5 mm of GC and importantly, with dual beam headlamps.

StarVB, sorry to hijack your thread. Wont drag it much. And now I kind of understand the idea behind your username. However, from your thread it seems to me that you travel not only for business occasions, you love to drive and love to travel for travel's sake as well. I kind of envy you man, for your fantastic driving experiences. I do not get a chance to drive long distances, though I have dreams to drive all the way to my native place, a long about 2500 km drive.

-Pratim

Last edited by pratim : 8th December 2009 at 23:01.
pratim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2009, 09:12   #273
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratim View Post

StarVB, sorry to hijack your thread. Wont drag it much. And now I kind of understand the idea behind your username. However, from your thread it seems to me that you travel not only for business occasions, you love to drive and love to travel for travel's sake as well. I kind of envy you man, for your fantastic driving experiences. I do not get a chance to drive long distances, though I have dreams to drive all the way to my native place, a long about 2500 km drive.

-Pratim
You are welcome Pratim.

yes, i do like traveling, road trips. There are more prolific travelers here in the forum and most of them are creative writers as well. I am bit lazy w.r.t. post travel activities like publishing travelogues, cataloging the photographs etc.

For Driving Holidays, Good planning, Reliability of your car, your own confidence and your family / partner support are key aspects. If your wife/family share your passion for Road trips, then it is SONE PE SUHAGA.

Go man, Realize your dream of traveling to your native place.
Now you have great car, 2500 KMs is nothing, with good planning, you should be there in 3 days time.
Old 9th December 2009, 09:46   #274
BHPian

Quote:

any idea, how many blue cars in Bangalore ?

bye
Saw a blue ANHC in Indiranagar 100 FT road some days back. And there is a blue car which is in display in Whitefield honda showroom, which is not sold yet i think.
shamanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2009, 10:11   #275
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
Saw a blue ANHC in Indiranagar 100 FT road some days back. And there is a blue car which is in display in Whitefield honda showroom, which is not sold yet i think.
Hey Samanth

i see that you also got a Silver ANHC end of October , Is your car 1.5 SAT or VAT ?

I also visited your thread for options for jump starting the AT cars, An informative thread.
Old 9th December 2009, 10:44   #276
BHPian

Default Silver ANHC

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
Hey Shamanth

i see that you also got a Silver ANHC end of October , Is your car 1.5 SAT or VAT ?

I also visited your thread for options for jump starting the AT cars, An informative thread.
Yes right got my Silver ANHC on 31st October its VAT, Enjoying my 1st AT car. Few things i got for my ANHC are

1) Upgraded to 90/100W Hella Relay kit and hella Bulbs. (hottracks bangalore-Rs 1200)
2) Got boot rubber mat, Fit was perfect(hottracks bangalore-Rs 2000)
3) Transparent Rubber mat (Metro Bangalore-Rs 800)
4) California Duster Set of 2(From US). Removes dust from the car like a magnet.
California Jelly Blade wiper set of 2(From US). Wipes water from windscreen or car with single wipe. (Rs 1500 for full set)
5) Got reverse parking sensor and sun film free from dealer.

Next thing i am looking into are
1) speaker upgrade, dont want to go for subs, thinking to go for JBL or Polk. Any of you changed the speakers ?
2) Bumper scratch gaurd, heard 3M Transparent one is good. One which is available in honda costs 8.5 Let me know if you guys has gone for any of these and which is better?

Jump Starter should be very useful for AT cars as it cannot be jump started by pushing in an emergency. Costs about 1500 to 2000 in US, have to see where i can find it in India. Someone seems to have seen in Reliance Mart.

Last edited by shamanth : 9th December 2009 at 10:49.
Old 9th December 2009, 12:21   #277
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes right got my Silver ANHC on 31st October its VAT, Enjoying my 1st AT car.
Congratulations, I see that AT is a great value for Traffic filled city drives.

Quote:
Few things i got for my ANHC are

1) Upgraded to 90/100W Hella Relay kit and hella Bulbs. (hottracks bangalore-Rs 1200)
Can you post the snap of head light beam with the new set of bulbs.
i would be keen to know how much is the difference int he visibility.

Quote:
2) Got boot rubber mat, Fit was perfect(hottracks bangalore-Rs 2000)
3) Transparent Rubber mat (Metro Bangalore-Rs 800)
I also wanted to buy the rubber mats, but did not buy during this year rainy season, might buy next year.

Quote:
4) California Duster Set of 2(From US). Removes dust from the car like a magnet.
California Jelly Blade wiper set of 2(From US). Wipes water from windscreen or car with single wipe. (Rs 1500 for full set)
WoW looks like you have a good gadget to keep the car spik and span.
Can you post some pictures of this duster.

I have found that the ANHC wipers does not reach to the edges of the windshield. What is the difference in these wiper set you bought ?

Quote:
5) Got reverse parking sensor and sun film free from dealer.
I also got these things free.

Quote:
Next thing i am looking into are
1) speaker upgrade, dont want to go for subs, thinking to go for JBL or Polk. Any of you changed the speakers ?
No i do not plan to change the speakers, Current ones are good enough for me.

Quote:
2) Bumper scratch gaurd, heard 3M Transparent one is good. One which is available in honda costs 8.5 Let me know if you guys has gone for any of these and which is better?
I had these (not the 3M transparent ones) in my old palio, i have found them not helping when needed the most. Hence did not opt for these in first place.

Quote:
Jump Starter should be very useful for AT cars as it cannot be jump started by pushing in an emergency. Costs about 1500 to 2000 in US, have to see where i can find it in India. Someone seems to have seen in Reliance Mart.
Your thread is very informative.
Old 9th December 2009, 14:50   #278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post

Can you post the snap of head light beam with the new set of bulbs.
i would be keen to know how much is the difference int he visibility.

WoW looks like you have a good gadget to keep the car spik and span.
Can you post some pictures of this duster.

I have found that the ANHC wipers does not reach to the edges of the windshield. What is the difference in these wiper set you bought ?

Will try to get headlight beam snap sometime later, But converting to 90/100W is a must for out of city ride, I was used to ride 90/100w of my zen when i went in ANHC with stock bulbs in highway for a ride i was feeling pathetic and almost blinded when incoming vehicles comes with high beam.

Got this duster set when my parents were coming back from US. Wipers are not car wipers but for removing water droplets after car wash or cleaning windscreen. This blades can get bent in any shape and really easy to remove water in one swipe after the car wash. I have seen similar dusters in auto shops in Bangalore

I purchased it in below link in amazon
Amazon.com: California Car Duster 4-piece Home and Auto Dust & Dry Kit: Automotive
Attached Images

Old 9th December 2009, 19:48   #279
BHPian

Shamanth,

Wont the upgrade of headlights void the warranty? I am desperate to get it done. I feel like you on the highways, the stock lights are just not sufficient and i travel a lot.

would you advise? and where is hottracks with respect to jayanagar 4th block.

pls revert.
nandans2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2009, 21:50   #280
BHPian

Quote:
Shamanth,

Wont the upgrade of headlights void the warranty? I am desperate to get it done. I feel like you on the highways, the stock lights are just not sufficient and i travel a lot.

would you advise? and where is hottracks with respect to jayanagar 4th block.

pls revert.
It wont void any warranty, since they wont cut any wires. Even person from whitefield honda suggested me to get it done from outside.

HotTracks comes in Cariappa road, near to Lifestyle which is near to garuda mall. Hottracks comes just 50 meter before lifestyle if you are coming from airport road.
Old 10th December 2009, 15:49   #281
BHPian

Hey Starvegabond congrats on sharing your experience with the ANHC.

It was much more fun reading the whole experience as a travelogue with the car information naturally coming at the right points. Wish I had taken the trouble to document my car journeys. Hope Team_BHP will not discourage this style of writing. I am as much a technical bod as the most experienced guy on this forum but enjoyed your 'technical' travelogue more than anything I have read for years in car forums. Keep it up. I too have a Silver ANHC bought in Feb 2009. Have done almost 10500 km with an average of 14.00 km/l - mostly city driving and 600 km to Chandigarh and back. Find that keeping the car revs around 2000 in all gears seems to give the best mileage. I got 18.5 km/l to Chandigarh and back - good 4 lane highway and drove at 90 kmph or thereabouts.

Had problems with boot locking which was repaired in 1st free service. Had two guys bumping me from the rear - one Alto in slow traffic (guy was probably on cellphone or just goofing off) and a motorcycle. Fortunately no dents and just small scratches. Needed some hand touchup by the Honda Service agent. No other problem - sorry antenna was stolen a few days back. No spare was available with the dealer.

Regards,
ashokabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2009, 16:19   #282
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It wont void any warranty, since they wont cut any wires. Even person from whitefield honda suggested me to get it done from outside.
Things can go wrong (if it puts additional load on the battery and circuits) even if there is no cutting of wire invloved.
Guna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2009, 22:48   #283
Senior - BHPian

@Shamant

Thanks for the pictures, you have got a great pair of dusters and wipers for your car care purpose. The color (Spanish Bull Red), would most likely to enhance your passion to keep your car clean, fresh anytime, any day.

I use the near by car wash, he charges me 150RS for external wash, 200 RS for External & Internal cleaning and RS 300 for the full service including under body cleaning.

Please post the picture of the modified light beam, it would certainly help me. thanks in advance.

@Guna, @nandan

I understand that different (high intensity/wattage) bulbs would draw more current. hence i have not done the modifications till now.

@ashokabs

Thanks for visiting my ANHC ownership thread
Consumer does not (or do not want to ) understand technicalities, he wants a Fill it Shut it and Forget it experience, he needs the vehicle to meet his day today demands.

What i tried here is how i as a consumer (leaving my technical gyan away) is experiencing the vehicle.

Good that you liked it. Thanks for the appreciation.

Good to know your positive experience with ANHC, At the end of the day if it brings a cheer on to your face, then it is worth the money you paid for it.

Last edited by StarVegabond : 10th December 2009 at 22:54.
Old 13th December 2009, 22:39   #284
BHPian

Hi Star, I had a query regarding the security system in ANHC. I know it has immobiliser and central locking. Did you install any alarm system to your ANHC ? I have booked my City with whitefield Honda and was offered sun film. I am now thinking as to whether I should opt out of sun film and instead ask for a security system.Any suggestions ?
joecherian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2009, 10:43   #285
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecherian View Post
Hi Star, I had a query regarding the security system in ANHC. I know it has immobiliser and central locking. Did you install any alarm system to your ANHC ? I have booked my City with whitefield Honda and was offered sun film. I am now thinking as to whether I should opt out of sun film and instead ask for a security system.Any suggestions ?
Hi Joe Cherian

First of all, congratulations on your booking of ANHC. You seems to be set to start the new year with a new car. when is the delivery expected ?

ANHC already has Remote Keyless Entry, Engine Immobilizer, Central Locking, Child Lock as well as Alarms.

If you are looking for a SOUND based security system, which will wake up the whole neighborhood, then it is not there, i am not sure Honda is offering such a system.

I would certainly suggest you to go for SUN FILMs and reverse parking sensors if you are migrating from a hatchback to sedan