Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 14th December 2009, 10:54   #286
BHPian

Thanks Star. My delivery is tentatively fixed for tomorrow. What I was looking for was an alarm system which will wake/warn me/others up in case some one breaks in to the car with the sole intention of stealing some stuff from within ( not the car as a whole). Infact I had called up the showroom and they told that there is no alarm based system for ANHC.
I haven't opted for RPS because I am comfortable with my reverse judgements with my past experience on my Indigo for the past 7 years. I have opted for sun film ( but I think I will have to upgrade the film as the ones that showroom gives as a freebie will be the cheapest one.
joecherian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2009, 11:02   #287
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecherian View Post
Thanks Star. My delivery is tentatively fixed for tomorrow. What I was looking for was an alarm system which will wake/warn me/others up in case some one breaks in to the car with the sole intention of stealing some stuff from within ( not the car as a whole). Infact I had called up the showroom and they told that there is no alarm based system for ANHC.
I haven't opted for RPS because I am comfortable with my reverse judgements with my past experience on my Indigo for the past 7 years. I have opted for sun film ( but I think I will have to upgrade the film as the ones that showroom gives as a freebie will be the cheapest one.
Great, So with D-Day being tomorrow, you and your family must be pretty excited. Whitefield guys are flexible, you can check with them regarding which SUN FILM they are putting in, you can specify which one you want.

I would recommend you to stay within the regulation w.r.t. visibility etc.
Too dark films might land you in problems with the law as well as visibility during the night drives, rainy dark nights etc.

You are going for 1.5 VMT or VAT ? how much is the on road price now ?

Congratulations once again.
StarVegabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2009, 11:30   #288
BHPian

yes, D Day is tomorrow. I have gone with the 1.5 V MT model. The on road price is 10.39 for 1.5 V ( after all discounts which I had to fight for). Offers are corp discount, cash discount plus sun film.
This is the second City which I am taking delivery. First one was for my dad which I took from magnum, but then this one, I preferred a dealer who is close by so that I can walk in. I stay in CV Raman Nagar and that way whitefield honda is just 4 kms from my home.

Last edited by joecherian : 14th December 2009 at 11:33.
Old 14th December 2009, 11:33   #289
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
yes, D Day is tomorrow. I have gone with the 1.5 V model. The on road price is 10.39 for 1.5 V ( after all discounts which I had to fight for). Offers are corp discount, cash discount plus sun film.
This is the second City which I am taking delivery. First one was for my dad which I took from magnum, but then this one, I preferred a dealer who is close by so that I can walk in. I stay in CV Raman Nagar and that way whitefield honda is just 4 kms from my home.
You seems to be a true believer in Honda, two ANHCs .. WoW

this one is it Manual Transmission (V MT) or Automatic (V AT) ??

Good Choice of the dealer, It always helps if your dealer is close by your home.
Old 14th December 2009, 11:37   #290
BHPian

well, it is not 2 ANHC but one NHC (City Zx) and now 1 ANHC. My dad didn't like the appearance of ANHC and he was impressed by the interiors of NHC Gxi. Hence, we went with the City Zx after ANHC was launched.

I have gone with 1.5 V MT as I don't want the fun in driving to be taken away by some electronics in my car. Changing the gears when you want to is, according to me, the best and most addictive part in driving and I love that addiction.
Old 14th December 2009, 11:38   #291
BHPian

Quote:
yes, D Day is tomorrow. I have gone with the 1.5 V MT model. The on road price is 10.39 for 1.5 V ( after all discounts which I had to fight for). Offers are corp discount, cash discount plus sun film.
Could you let me know the discounts offered to you.

This is the quotation I recd.

CITY VM/T

EX-SHOWROOM PRICE 882000.00

DELHI REG 43709.00

INSURANCE 25404.00

CORP DISC BANK OF AMERICA 7500.00

LESS 50% INSURANCE AMOUNT 12702.00

TOTAL ON ROAD PRICE 930911.00
rauldsouza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2009, 13:24   #292
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I have gone with 1.5 V MT as I don't want the fun in driving to be taken away by some electronics in my car. Changing the gears when you want to is, according to me, the best and most addictive part in driving and I love that addiction.
I agree with the FUN associated with changing gears both in cities, highways, rural roads, ghats everywhere
Old 14th December 2009, 13:44   #293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rauldsouza View Post
Could you let me know the discounts offered to you.
I opted for the corp discount plus cash discount ( since I had a no claim bonus on my old car and hence ended up saving substantial amount on my insurance.
Old 15th December 2009, 10:39   #294
Senior - BHPian

Default Apple iPad as my Car PC ??

Guys, I have been searching for a perfect way to have a Car PC with all integrated gadets like GPS, BT, Touch screen, etc

I intend to buy one of the iPads next year when it gets launched plus a 3G HSPA modem from BSNL/other operator.

The key experiences i am looking to have in the car are

1. internet browsing
2. send and receive e-mails
3. Navigation, maps etc
4. BT Call Synchronization, routing
5. Wi-Fi hook up when available e.g. connect to Home Wi-Fi for down loading songs/ videos to/from the car.
5. IPTV over 3G (for news, entertainment)
6. Storage of Songs, Videos and playback as needed
7. Karoake (Hindi, Marathi, Kannada, English songs)
8. Controling a slave screen embedded on front seat head rest.

As per popular predictions, iPAD would available at 900$ = 45000 RS.

i am certainly looking forward to this launch by Apple.

If any other competing offering is available and known to fellow forum members, you are welcome to educate me.

thanks, watch this space
Attached Images

Last edited by StarVegabond : 15th December 2009 at 10:45.
Old 17th December 2009, 12:49   #295
BHPian

Hi all,
Before deciding on ANHC VMT (silver color), I read all the comments by the ANHC owners and then bought last weekend. I have two doubts.
One, in the morning time, when I start the car and put the first gear, the car starts moving itself without even pressing the accelerator (the rpm of the engine is around 2000). But this does not happen later in the day. Is it normal?
Second, I asked for the window tinting from the dealer (Asked for all 4 windows and the rear windshield). When I got the delivery of the vehicle, only the four windows was done, not the rear windshield. The reason told by the dealer was that it has a defogger/demistifier. Hence, it cannot be done. Is it true?
Any inputs on these will be highly appreciated.
Thanks.
Fstlndrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2009, 13:27   #296
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fstlndrive View Post
Hi all,

One, in the morning time, when I start the car and put the first gear, the car starts moving itself without even pressing the accelerator (the rpm of the engine is around 2000). But this does not happen later in the day. Is it normal?
Second, I asked for the window tinting from the dealer (Asked for all 4 windows and the rear windshield). When I got the delivery of the vehicle, only the four windows was done, not the rear windshield. The reason told by the dealer was that it has a defogger/demistifier. Hence, it cannot be done. Is it true?
Idle RPM should be around 700-800 and if it is going to 2000 rpm without accelerator input, there is something wrong.
They do install on the rearwindscreen with defogger but I have always thought it might affect the functioning of the defogger.
Guna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2009, 13:47   #297
BHPian

Default nice find

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
Guys, I have been searching for a perfect way to have a Car PC with all integrated gadets like GPS, BT, Touch screen, etc

I intend to buy one of the iPads next year when it gets launched plus a 3G HSPA modem from BSNL/other operator.

The key experiences i am looking to have in the car are

1. internet browsing
2. send and receive e-mails
3. Navigation, maps etc
4. BT Call Synchronization, routing
5. Wi-Fi hook up when available e.g. connect to Home Wi-Fi for down loading songs/ videos to/from the car.
5. IPTV over 3G (for news, entertainment)
6. Storage of Songs, Videos and playback as needed
7. Karoake (Hindi, Marathi, Kannada, English songs)
8. Controling a slave screen embedded on front seat head rest.

As per popular predictions, iPAD would available at 900$ = 45000 RS.

i am certainly looking forward to this launch by Apple.

If any other competing offering is available and known to fellow forum members, you are welcome to educate me.

thanks, watch this space
So you finally found what you wanted !! I never knew such a thing existed.
Ipad appears to be good alternative to the regular carpc stuff.
All the best and do keep updating on the project.
netarchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2009, 13:51   #298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Idle RPM should be around 700-800 and if it is going to 2000 rpm without accelerator input, there is something wrong.
They do install on the rearwindscreen with defogger but I have always thought it might affect the functioning of the defogger.
In the morning or when cold starting ,the rpm will be higher for some time , but will finally settle down to the 700-800 range.
the car moving forward slowly in gear,without the acc pedal pressed is normal right? it happens in all cars i suppose!
netarchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2009, 14:33   #299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
The RPM does come back to normal 700-800 rpm after a while, and also at other times (when the engine is not cold), when the engine is started the rpm stays at 700-800 rpm, not increasing to 2000 rpm.
Old 17th December 2009, 14:36   #300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by netarchie View Post
In the morning or when cold starting ,the rpm will be higher for some time , but will finally settle down to the 700-800 range.
the car moving forward slowly in gear,without the acc pedal pressed is normal right? it happens in all cars i suppose!
Hi Netarchie,
I also think so (hope it is not a problem). I would like to hear more from ANHC owners, whether they feel the same thing.