Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 17th December 2009, 20:23   #316
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
I suggest you go with the best deal considering the time and ease of claim factors because, everyday your car spends int he garage while repairs, you will burn cash any way for your regular commuting. couple of thousands upfront does not matter.
Point taken. I think I'll re-negotiate with the Honda dealer.

Quote:
You can also take support from your sales consultant at the dealer place, he will help you to get the after market sensor fitted at the dealer workshop. you might have to pay the labor cost. This is another way to keep the warrantee going. I am not sure this will work at every dealer, but you can try.
Yes sir, trying this one. Hope it works.
kalyan_hyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2009, 20:51   #317
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalyan_hyd View Post
The second variety suits me as far as they don't have to put another rear view mirror over the stock one.
Well, they need to put another mirror on top as it needs to have the provision to display the lights etc. I wonder why they cannot replace the stock mirror with the new one.
Guna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2009, 20:58   #318
BHPian

Quote:
First of all Congratulations on purchaisng new car, that too ANHC. Hope you will enjoy the ownership for many years to come.

My ANHC idles at 1200 RPM. I have not found it to move w/o pressing the accelerator. Generally I let the idle for few seconds (~15-20 seconds) before i put the car on the first gear. once the car starts moving the RPM increases to 2000-2200, and increases as i floor the paddle. I have never found it idling <1200 rpm during cold start. It is always at 1200 rpm in my car.

My ANHC has the sun films for the side windows as well as rear windscreen. This was fitted by the dealer free of cost as a part of the deal.
Hi Starvegabond,
Thank you for your reply. I had gone through all your comments about ANHC and one of the reasons to go for it. I will try to note the rpm, once I start the engine with brakes on or in neutral. I really like the car and the drive is superb!!! I am enjoying.
Fstlndrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2009, 21:03   #319
BHPian

Quote:
You can try to get the 50% off on insurance thing into a cash discount and rather take the insurance outside all by yourself. In Hyderabad, I got a quote of Rs 20,885.00 from Bajaj Allianz without any NCB from previous years. If you owned a car earlier, you can get the NCB transfered to your new policy. Honda dealers quotation of Rs 25,404.00 for insurance is a bit pricey.
Hi Kalyan,
According to my dealer, the new?? "Honda Assure" insurance scheme, the claims are breeze. Also, 95% of the cost of the plastics inside the car is covered. Other car insurance will cover 50% only. But he did not know about bulbs etc. It is covered only 50% by other insurance companies. Hence, I agree with Starvegabond that you should talk to the dealer and the Bajaj allianz guys. I also got quote from the Bajaj allianz, but the difference was only Rs. 3000, hence I went with the dealer insurance (since I trusted the sales persons words!!!).
Old 18th December 2009, 08:51   #320
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Well, they need to put another mirror on top as it needs to have the provision to display the lights etc. I wonder why they cannot replace the stock mirror with the new one.

I have attached here a picture of how the display is mounted on my rear view mirror

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fstlndrive View Post
Hi Starvegabond,
Thank you for your reply. I had gone through all your comments about ANHC and one of the reasons to go for it. I will try to note the rpm, once I start the engine with brakes on or in neutral. I really like the car and the drive is superb!!! I am enjoying.
Hi I am happy that my ANHC ownership thread has bee of some use to you.

Continue to enjoy your car,
Attached Thumbnails
At last i am upgrading to a new dream car ! - The All New Honda City-rps.jpg  

StarVegabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2009, 10:37   #321
BHPian

Quote:
I have attached here a picture of how the display is mounted on my rear view mirror
Thanks for posting the picture. This is exactly what I need. I am not in favor of having another RVM over the stock one, neither do I wish to do away with the stock RVM.
kalyan_hyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2009, 10:55   #322
Senior - BHPian

Bought a 200W car inverter or charger for laptops, ipods, mp3, mp4 players etc.

Brand BELKIN, Price 1780 inclusive of taxes
it outputs 220V, 50 Hz AC, it also has a USB charging port

it works from the cigarette lighter socket.
Hope in next gen cars, this comes as OEM fitment in place of cigarette lighter.
Old 20th December 2009, 20:25   #323
BHPian

Hey S.Vega,

I did wanted to get it fixed man! My car accessories friend says its about 2.5k. Though i dont remember the brand .

What made you decide on Belkin? You have mentioned inclusive of taxes, where did you get it fixed? why taxes ? Whats the impact on the battery ? Will the engine's RPM go up if you are charging the laptop? will the headlight dim if you are charging it during the night drive?

and also wanted to inform you that mine ANHC & couple of my friend cars idle at 800rpm and not 1200 as you have mentioned. I dont put any load on the car without proper warming up. Cold start is 1100 rpm till the 'c' light is on. Then it goes down to 800rpm when the 'c' is no more ON ! Do you think its alright either way ?

Last edited by nandans2005 : 20th December 2009 at 20:34.
nandans2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2009, 21:05   #324
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandans2005 View Post

What made you decide on Belkin? You have mentioned inclusive of taxes, where did you get it fixed? why taxes ? Whats the impact on the battery ? Will the engine's RPM go up if you are charging the laptop? will the headlight dim if you are charging it during the night drive?
I had seen this at the Corma store at Delhi airport, it is quite compact for the 200W capacity, I could not buy at delhi airport as i was getting late for the flight.

I bought it from the neighbourhood, Computer shop in Yelahanka. The bill i got states the price of RS 1710 + RS 70 as VAT.

I am yet to assess the impact on the battery etc, I just got it yesterday afternoon and did the DIY for the adapter and verified that it is indeed charging the laptop

I will post my evaluation as i gain more experience with it. Watch this space.

Quote:
and also wanted to inform you that mine ANHC & couple of my friend cars idle at 800rpm and not 1200 as you have mentioned. I dont put any load on the car without proper warming up. Cold start is 1100 rpm till the 'c' light is on. Then it goes down to 800rpm when the 'c' is no more ON ! Do you think its alright either way ?
Every car gets tuned at the factory and there is some tolerence and / or variation in the setting, What is important is it should be consistant and no abnormal behaviour. In that way Health of the Car is similar to Health of Human, what is important is consistancy.

My suggetion is you discuss with service advisor next time when you are at the service center.

What is important
Old 21st December 2009, 13:25   #325
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Cold start is 1100 rpm till the 'c' light is on. Then it goes down to 800rpm when the 'c' is no more ON ! Do you think its alright either way ?
That is quite fine. The idling could be even as high as 1200 when cold. It takes about 0.75 kms for my 'cold' light to go off. It goes off when the temperature reaches 54 degree C and the maximum it has gone is 86. Usually it is 84.

If cars are idling at 1200RPM even after attaining running temperature, it should be checked.
trrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2009, 17:49   #326
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for posting the picture. This is exactly what I need. I am not in favor of having another RVM over the stock one, neither do I wish to do away with the stock RVM.
A well tought decision,Considering the RVM i have with the reverse display indicators built in is an absoute disaster , can't see a thing at night.if i had known this earlier, would have tried to find somethng similar like this
abishek2222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2009, 19:32   #327
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,

The idling could be even as high as 1200 when cold. It takes about 0.75 kms for my 'cold' light to go off. It goes off when the temperature reaches 54 degree C and the maximum it has gone is 86. Usually it is 84.
By the time i come out of the compound wall of my housing complex, the blue light indicator gets switched off. the approx distance is 0.2 KM. Some times it stays till i reach the neighbourhood traffic signal, distance approx 0.75 KM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abishek2222 View Post
A well tought decision,Considering the RVM i have with the reverse display indicators built in is an absoute disaster , can't see a thing at night.if i had known this earlier, would have tried to find somethng similar like this
For me this decision was done by the Honda Dealer. Including the positioning of the display.

In automobiles, the simplest features are most useful or used.
Old 21st December 2009, 22:42   #328
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,

That is quite fine. The idling could be even as high as 1200 when cold. It takes about 0.75 kms for my 'cold' light to go off. It goes off when the temperature reaches 54 degree C and the maximum it has gone is 86. Usually it is 84.

If cars are idling at 1200RPM even after attaining running temperature, it should be checked.
Today I checked mine. As soon as I start the engine, the rpm shoots to 2K for a moment and decreases to 1.5K for upto the engine blue light (cold) goes off. Also, as soon as I put the car in first gear and remove my foot from the clutch, the car moves at 10 kmph speed (up to 100 feet; without pressing the accelerator), then the rpm also comes down below 1K and I have to press the accelerator to gain the speed.
Thanks.
Old 22nd December 2009, 13:01   #329
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fstlndrive View Post
Today I checked mine. As soon as I start the engine, the rpm shoots to 2K for a moment and decreases to 1.5K for upto the engine blue light (cold) goes off.
I am talking baout my experience in the southern part of India where even in the coolest day / night, the temperatures are just less than 20.

The more RPM may be due to the cooler temperatures there. If the RPM comes to the 800 region after the blue light goes off, it is fine.
trrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2009, 13:26   #330
Senior - BHPian

Default Accessory : LED Lamp

Yesterday bought a compact made in china LED Lamp.
It has a sealed lead-acid battery, charges from a 220V, 50Hz AC supply.
It also charges from the car charger/inverter bought earlier

Two modes of operation viz. Spot light and Emergency lantern
As per manual, once charged, Spot light can be operated for 20 hours and Emergency light for 4 hours.

Spot light has 5 White LEDs and Emergency lantern has 9 White LEDs.
It gives good illumination during darkness.

Uses for me :
------------------
Light during Camping etc
Light for replacing the punctured wheel/tyre etc during night drives
Regular Home use during the power outage during evenings/nights.

Price RS 200/-

Last edited by StarVegabond : 24th December 2009 at 13:30.