Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 24th December 2009, 17:17   #331
BHPian

Star Vegabond > Can u put the picture of the LED torch
sathyaprakash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2009, 17:53   #332
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyaprakash View Post
Star Vegabond > Can u put the picture of the LED torch
My camera batteries are under charging now for tomorrow's trip.
hence i searched the internet and downloaded the picture
The one i got is brown + black in colour, where as the photograph here is that of white

in terms of actual dimensions it is more or less same as a normal torch.

if you need an actual photograph, i would be able to upload by end of the day today.
Attached Images

StarVegabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2009, 17:16   #333
BHPian

Quote:
Also, as soon as I put the car in first gear and remove my foot from the clutch, the car moves at 10 kmph speed (up to 100 feet; without pressing the accelerator), then the rpm also comes down below 1K and I have to press the accelerator to gain the speed.

Just for info, i have till now not driven the car till the 'C' light goes OFF, somehow i am not comfortable putting load on the car when its just woken up !
nandans2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2009, 23:07   #334
BHPian

Hi all,
Today my car went for the first service. Since, the car was picked up and dropped back at my home, I did not go to the service center. But the service adviser called me to ask if the antirust coating/body protection needs to be done. I said it has already been done. He replied that he could not find the antirust protection sticker on the car. I asked him to check if it is done. Later, I called him and he said it is done, but does not know why the sticker is not put. My question is how can I find the antirust treatment is done or not?
Also, on the rear windshield, if I have to put a sun film, do the 3M guys put a single sheet (like windows) or they cut the single strips and then put on the windshield between the heating wires. Please clarify, I would like to ask this also (again, the sales rep agreed but did not do on the rear windshield, stating that they cannot put sunfilm on the rear windshield due to the defogger).
Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks.
Fstlndrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2009, 15:17   #335
BHPian

FstIndrive,

I presume that you are talking about the underbelly coating when you say antirust Right ?

If yes , then you can find out by just looking at the wheel arches and from the rear bumper at the spare wheel housing. These two places will have black coating. The surface will be rough. You cannot see the metal surface.

Sunfilm.Reg

I have got the 3m Film installed to my cars. They install a single sheel to the rear windshield. They dont cut it into strips to do it. This cannot be done and its not feasible too.

Also it will not cause any kind of damage to the heating wires, if done delicately. My defogger works well. It has to be ensured that they dont rub the wires hard. You need to supervise this job when being done.

Last edited by nandans2005 : 30th December 2009 at 15:19.
Old 30th December 2009, 17:02   #336
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandans2005 View Post
FstIndrive,

I presume that you are talking about the underbelly coating when you say antirust Right ?

If yes , then you can find out by just looking at the wheel arches and from the rear bumper at the spare wheel housing. These two places will have black coating. The surface will be rough. You cannot see the metal surface.

Sunfilm.Reg

I have got the 3m Film installed to my cars. They install a single sheel to the rear windshield. They dont cut it into strips to do it. This cannot be done and its not feasible too.

Also it will not cause any kind of damage to the heating wires, if done delicately. My defogger works well. It has to be ensured that they dont rub the wires hard. You need to supervise this job when being done.
Nandans2005,
Thank you very much for your timely reply. I got the exact information what I needed. I will check these two places for the underbody coating. For rear windshield sun film coating, I talked to the sales rep, and he said that he will talk to the 3M guy and will do the sun film coating. I really appreciate your help.
Old 30th December 2009, 21:08   #337
BHPian

Fstindrive,

Try & make sure you are getting the first grade of the 3M. By the way, would you mind sharing whats the code you are opting for. I understand there is restriction in Delhi on these films. Take care on this, since you wouldn't want to get caught for violation.

Also, please post your queries on relevant Heads, since this thread belongs to Star Vega. Lets not get fined for violation!!!. Star is a good pal of mine, i cant afford to make him feel bad.

P.S: Star Vega,

Profusely sorry to have stolen your thread man ! Excuse me , rather both of us.

Last edited by nandans2005 : 30th December 2009 at 21:11.
Old 30th December 2009, 21:20   #338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandans2005 View Post
Fstindrive,

Try & make sure you are getting the first grade of the 3M. By the way, would you mind sharing whats the code you are opting for. I understand there is restriction in Delhi on these films. Take care on this, since you wouldn't want to get caught for violation.

Also, please post your queries on relevant Heads, since this thread belongs to Star Vega. Lets not get fined for violation!!!. Star is a good pal of mine, i cant afford to make him feel bad.

P.S: Star Vega,

Profusely sorry to have stolen your thread man ! Excuse me , rather both of us.
Hi Nandans2005
Thanks for letting me know this violation. I will start a separate thread on my experience with my ANHC and will continue on that. I think you mean the "code" - 50% light reduction on the sides and 30% reduction on the rear.
Hi Starvega,
Sorry that I have diverted your thread and will continue on relevant heads.
Anyway, thanks for letting me to write in your thread.
Old 31st December 2009, 01:05   #339
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
My camera batteries are under charging now for tomorrow's trip.
hence i searched the internet and downloaded the picture
The one i got is brown + black in colour, where as the photograph here is that of white

in terms of actual dimensions it is more or less same as a normal torch.

if you need an actual photograph, i would be able to upload by end of the day today.
Sorry to spoil the fun, but i got this one for Rs.75/-
and i think till date i've purchased 6-7 of these cause every relative who sees it, wants it :-)
ghpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2010, 23:38   #340
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghpk View Post
Sorry to spoil the fun, but i got this one for Rs.75/-
and i think till date i've purchased 6-7 of these cause every relative who sees it, wants it :-)
That is really great. You have made those 6-7 relatives of yours very happy . You got it at very good price.

mine was a very spontaneous purchase at the traffic signal.
i also made the sales man happy
Old 4th January 2010, 14:18   #341
Senior - BHPian

Default a conversation at the car wash

Yesterday evening 5 :30 PM decided to give the car its first car wash of 2010, so went to the nearby car wash center

met with a gentleman who was the owner of a maruti zen (old generation)
his car was getting washed as well. He asked me two questions

1. How much this car runs per KM ? (in Kannada "Kilometerige estu odatte ?")
2. How much this car costs ? (in Kannada " Estu Laksha ?)

i told him the car runs ~ 14KMPL and it costs about 10L.

He told me if the car is running 14 KMPL then it is okay to pay 10L

This conversation captures the psyche of a normal on the street car buyer in India.
Old 4th January 2010, 14:33   #342
BHPian

Quote:
How much this car runs per KM ? (in Kannada "Kilometerige estu odatte ?")
You shoud've replied runs 1 KM per KM. Simple as it gets. Haha..Jokes apart, even I had this experience, when you say it give about 12-15 KMPL they say "Then it's work 10L"
jayanth_yk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2010, 20:34   #343
BHPian

Starvegabond thanks for putting the pic of LED Torch its very cute i love it.
sathyaprakash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2010, 21:43   #344
Senior - BHPian

Default A quick update

Completed 12000 KMs
Car is running as expected, No surprises, i like it that way.
Would be completing 8 months of ownership on 22nd Jan.

Another 2000 KMs would have been added, but we hired the vehicle for our year end trip.

But i would not be in a town to drive the car for next 8 days.
This is what i like about the Petrol Engines, the car is not required to be driven everyday, still everything would be just right.

I would also like to feedback about the two accessories bought during December 09 viz. The Car inverter and the LED lamp.

Both of these were used during the 9 days year end trip to Belur-Halebidu-Coorg-Nilgiries-Mysore-Srirangapattana. The car inverter was used extensively for chagring the digital camcoders, rechargeable cells, mobile phones as well as laptops. The LED Emergency lamp was used 2-3 times in Coorg as well as Kotagiri when the power was down in the rooms. Interesting aspect is LED lamp can also be charged using the car inverter.

I was happy that we took these two along with us on the trip. I would certainly recommend these on the long trips.

Last edited by StarVegabond : 15th January 2010 at 21:47.
Old 1st February 2010, 20:54   #345
Senior - BHPian

Default Some recent updates

Bought a SUN SHADE SPOOL for the front windscreen from Taiwan
----------------------------------------------------------------
it has a sun shade film which is wound on a spool and the spool is attached to the windshield glass using 2 suction cups. the shade film is pulled and hooked to another suction cup. The whole assembly cost 150 NTD (=240 RS).

I used this during the recent BLR - Goa trip, very useful, my wife really liked the sun shade. it reduces the temperate inside the cabin significantly.

Second: BLR - Goa trip over 2.5 days.
--------------------------------------

Had to attend a wedding in Goa, But due to daughter's school exams had very less time. Left on Friday (29th Jan) morning 10:30 AM, Drove through Dobbaspet-Tumkur-Shimoga-Sagar-Honnavar-Karwar-Margao-Ponda and reached Mardol by 10:30 PM. 12 hours, 655 KM drive was very comfortable. we took 3 breaks viz. 30 minutes for the lunch, 30 minutes for the evening tea/snacks and 60 minutes at Ankola to visit our family temple.

After 12 hours trip (10 hours drive), i was not tired physically. But was bit bored of driving any longer. My daugher (on rear seat) and wife (front co-passenger seat) could sleep peacefully.

Left from Mardol back towards Bangalore on 31st Jan at 3 PM, drove through Londa-Khanapur-Bidi-Kittur-Hubli-Davangere-Tumkur-Bangalore, reached home at 1.40 AM. 610 KM drive took about 10.40 hours out of which some 70 minutes were used for dinner+re-fueling+ some tea on the way.

Again my wife and daughter has peaceful sleep in the car. The Car behaved as expected..very reliable..very safe..very fast when needed.

Car Inverter and Pillows were used extensively during the trip apart from the front sun shade screen. LED lamp was used once in Ranebennur Ghar dhabha when we were having dinner, electricity was down.

Only issue i faced was car scrapping the huge speed breakers around Tumkur as well as some huge potholes during the trip. There is a saying.
Roads are indicators of the well being of a country/ region. I see that roads in Goa are in excellent condition. But in Karnataka, road conditions are different in different parts. some stretches are terrible. Hope the situation improves over few years.

Last edited by StarVegabond : 1st February 2010 at 21:01.