Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 2nd February 2010, 01:03   #346
BHPian

@StarVegabond

I am a regular follower of your thread. Great job. iPad is released. When are you getting it? I remember you mentioning it. Would love to visit and see your iPad when you get it.
hrmanju1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2010, 10:09   #347
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrmanju1 View Post
@StarVegabond

I am a regular follower of your thread. Great job. iPad is released. When are you getting it? I remember you mentioning it. Would love to visit and see your iPad when you get it.

Hi hrmanju1,

Thanks for your appreciation, i am happy that this thread was of use to you.

Yes, Apple iPad is long awaited. I understand that it will start shipping (499$) from March 2010. the 3G modem built in versions would ship (130$ extra) from April. I am intending to wait for couple of months for the product to stabilize, watchout for initial reviews and then buy the same
By that time i also expect BSNL 3G to be available in Bangalore.

Hopefully by Diwali, i should have one. I also need to make budget allocation for the 499+130= 629$ = approx RS 30000/-
StarVegabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2010, 11:46   #348
BHPian

Quote:
Only issue i faced was car scrapping the huge speed breakers around Tumkur as well as some huge potholes during the trip. There is a saying.
Roads are indicators of the well being of a country/ region. I see that roads in Goa are in excellent condition. But in Karnataka, road conditions are different in different parts. some stretches are terrible. Hope the situation improves over few years.
I had the same issue with mine when we were off for Mysore, it scraped every breaker on the way to KRS. Felt very bad.
raghu230506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2010, 15:28   #349
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu230506 View Post
I had the same issue with mine when we were off for Mysore, it scraped every breaker on the way to KRS. Felt very bad.
Looks like there is very less scraping at humps for City which come with Alloy Wheels. I drive V-AT which came with Alloys it has scrapped bottom 3-4 times with huge humps that too when i jump in 3 months. Last week i drove my friends S-AT 2008 model, it was scrapping even very small humps, the humps which i jump without even thinking in my V-AT scraps in my friends vehicle. Looks like new alloys has improved GC.

I had gone to KRS in my ANHC in december, did not scrap any humps, we were 3 passengers including me.

Last edited by shamanth : 2nd February 2010 at 15:31.
shamanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2010, 16:25   #350
BHPian

Quote:
I had gone to KRS in my ANHC in december, did not scrap any humps, we were 3 passengers including me.
Hi Shamanth,

Even Mine are with Alloys, it didn't matter, ofcourse we were fully loaded (5 adults + considerable amount in boot).

Last edited by raghu230506 : 2nd February 2010 at 16:27. Reason: format
Old 2nd February 2010, 16:53   #351
BHPian

Quote:
May be you can have a quick look at the following thread; it has some nice tricks on how to avoid scrapping the belly of ANHC:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...hire-blue.html (Finally I got a new car: it's Honda City V AT in Deep Sapphire Blue)

-Pratim
pratim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2010, 14:27   #352
Senior - BHPian

Everything said and done, we can not avoid scrapping the car at the huge humps which are not designed as per the norms. More so when one is driving with the "Pedal to Metal" style

or buy a SUV

but there are pot holes where one even think SUV/MUV is not the right vehicle

Only option left is to hope and wish that the roads would improve.
Old 15th February 2010, 21:13   #353
Senior - BHPian

Disclaimer : an off topic post

Today, i was on leave from work. I was bit tired after 2 day emergency Mumbai trip via KSRTC Airawat Volvo bus.

so spent lot of time on T-BHP since afternoon. read several threads, learnt that T-BHP has completed 6 years.

i have been a member since sept 2008, 1 years 5 months now.

I have learnt several new things about Indian car market, companies, products, dealerships, issues, outlook, challenges, regulations, accessories, travel destinations, other members etc etc.

i have been benefited several times when i needed advice, information

i have also got appreciation from several other members for information shared, travelogue shared etc.

my second car is now 8 months old, 14000 KMs completed.

i am a satisfied car owner as well as a forum member.

thanks Honda and T-BHP

Last edited by StarVegabond : 15th February 2010 at 21:22.
Old 28th February 2010, 22:59   #354
Senior - BHPian

Default One of the Youngest Auto Enthusiast and FAN of Honday City

Today, i met probably one of the youngest auto enthusiast and fan of Honda City

we had been to one of my ex-colleague's home. Their 2.5 year old son can identify and tell some 15 brands of cars. He has toy car model of BMW.

The smart little fella could identify my car's name. He was seeing my car for the first time. He wanted to have a ride with me. On completion of the ride, he did not want to go back to his parents. He wanted to accompany us to our home.

i am sure T-BHP's future is great with all these tiny tots full of entusiasm for cars. I also see a greater future for India's automotive market.

One more reason to be happy of having bought ANHC.
Old 2nd March 2010, 20:13   #355
BHPian

Hey Star,

Congratulations on being a senior BHPian. For many of the new ANHC owners including me, your ownership thread acted as a beacon. And it still continues to do so!

Keep up the good work mate!

-Pratim
pratim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2010, 20:18   #356
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratim View Post
Hey Star,

Congratulations on being a senior BHPian. For many of the new ANHC owners including me, your ownership thread acted as a beacon. And it still continues to do so!

Keep up the good work mate!

-Pratim
Thanks Pratim, for your greetings.
I am happy my ANHC ownership thread has been of use to you.

comming up events
-------------------------
1. First Paid service (15K KM service).. some time begining of April.
2. Another long drive to Mumbai being considered in April (but not sure yet, depends on my work priorities)
3. First anniversary of my car purchase (May 22nd)
4. Another long drive coming up to my native place during May end.
Old 4th March 2010, 00:01   #357
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
Hi hrmanju1,

Thanks for your appreciation, i am happy that this thread was of use to you.

Yes, Apple iPad is long awaited. I understand that it will start shipping (499$) from March 2010. the 3G modem built in versions would ship (130$ extra) from April. I am intending to wait for couple of months for the product to stabilize, watchout for initial reviews and then buy the same
By that time i also expect BSNL 3G to be available in Bangalore.

Hopefully by Diwali, i should have one. I also need to make budget allocation for the 499+130= 629$ = approx RS 30000/-
Hi SV,

Indian (Hyderabad Based firm) Tablet PC ADAM is being launched in June'10.

Was watching the review of the same in NDTV, looks interesting. Can be considered, as this has assisted GPS too,

Notion Ink - Adam - Features

As well price is 36% lesser than IPAD and reviews as of now seems to +ve.

It looks bulky though.

Last edited by raghu230506 : 4th March 2010 at 00:02.
Old 4th March 2010, 10:18   #358
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Raghu,

ADAM specs looks very good.
i know few ODMs in Taiwan planning to roll out similar product, based on same nvidea platform. Most of them were to hit the market end of Q1 2010 (March-April time frame) Only dis-advantage (in my view) of this platform is, it does not support enterprise applications viz. office, etc.

but very good for gaming, multimedia, internet browsing, etc.

i would ofcourse watch how this product reaches the market.
iPad already has several competitors.

i will check out some of these taiwanse products next month when i am in taiwan.
Old 4th March 2010, 17:49   #359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
Thanks Raghu,

ADAM specs looks very good.
i know few ODMs in Taiwan planning to roll out similar product, based on same nvidea platform. Most of them were to hit the market end of Q1 2010 (March-April time frame) Only dis-advantage (in my view) of this platform is, it does not support enterprise applications viz. office, etc.

but very good for gaming, multimedia, internet browsing, etc.

i would ofcourse watch how this product reaches the market.
iPad already has several competitors.

i will check out some of these taiwanse products next month when i am in taiwan.
Cool that would be great. I would wish to hear once you are back.

One thing which I wanted to check out with All ANHC guys, is there a way to skip folders using the top button (above the select wheel) to switch folders when music is played from Iphone/Ipod?

It works (you can change the folders) when a pen-drive is used, I didn't check it with MP3 player.

But, doesn't when I use Iphone/Ipod, I tried selecting albums from the list, it didn't help..

Am I doing something wrong?
Old 4th March 2010, 17:57   #360
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

One thing which I wanted to check out with All ANHC guys, is there a way to skip folders using the top button (above the select wheel) to switch folders when music is played from Iphone/Ipod?

It works (you can change the folders) when a pen-drive is used, I didn't check it with MP3 player.

But, doesn't when I use Iphone/Ipod, I tried selecting albums from the list, it didn't help..

Am I doing something wrong?
I do not have an iPOD, hence do not have first hand experience

I read in some thread that one needs to set the iPOD as a memory device and then you can skip the folders using the controls
have you tried this ?

can any other owner respond / confirm ?