Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 29th March 2010, 17:48   #391
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
I do not want to post a travelogue as this is not a fun trip. I just posted the details about the trip that it would be of some use to others as well.

No, DO not agree that ANHC head light is pathetic. It is as per the legal requirements and enables one to drive during the night. I have not done any mods to the head lights as i think it is illegal to do so. I alwasy suffer when some one shoots his illegally modified headlights into my eyes whild travelling at night. I think it is not only insensitive to do so, but also insane. I would not join the fraternity who so. the intention of this post is not to undermine the people who have modified thier head lamps, my point of view is simple, if it is a safety and real user requirment, then it would have been part of the product specs as well as mandetory requirement in first place.

if we do not respect the law, then we can not expect others to do so.
more over we should not selectively decide which law to follow and which one to avoid and which one to break.

Hi Raghu, it is not a vaction or fun trip, but an must do emergency trip

I think headlights were adequate. I hit the bad stretch between Davangere to Haveri between 6 PM to 7:30 PM. My headlights were adequate to spot what ever pot holes or diversions etc up to a distance of (may be) 300 meters plus. I think it is adequate to break the vehicle even when it is at 80-90 KMPH.
Ohh,

+1 80-90KMPH is a safe speed to handle any surprises and for that the light's are adequate.
raghu230506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2010, 17:59   #392
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailmishra View Post
Woah ... 987Km on a single go and alone is quite an achievement , but with City I think its feasible as you said the seat comfort.
I have done a 680km trip on the same day twice in 2004 (Alleppey, Kerala to Erode, Tamil nadu and back) in an Indica DLE and in a Safari TCIC. In fact I was alone for both the trips.

It was comfortable in both the vehicles and it was just two lanes all the way (NH47)!
trrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2010, 12:56   #393
BHPian

Quote:
I do not want to post a travelogue as this is not a fun trip. I just posted the details about the trip that it would be of some use to others as well.

No, DO not agree that ANHC head light is pathetic. It is as per the legal requirements and enables one to drive during the night. I have not done any mods to the head lights as i think it is illegal to do so. I alwasy suffer when some one shoots his illegally modified headlights into my eyes whild travelling at night. I think it is not only insensitive to do so, but also insane. I would not join the fraternity who so. the intention of this post is not to undermine the people who have modified thier head lamps, my point of view is simple, if it is a safety and real user requirment, then it would have been part of the product specs as well as mandetory requirement in first place.

if we do not respect the law, then we can not expect others to do so.
more over we should not selectively decide which law to follow and which one to avoid and which one to break.
Hey Star,

i do loads of driving down south to tamilnadu & kerala for my business sake. I have tried & tested the stock headlights in various conditions.My summary would be that the stock headlights of ANHC is very inadequate.In the past, i have driven cars abroad which have good headlights.The safety of the people is never ever compromised abroad.

Further, in my opinion, i dont think i am breaking any law by getting something better to my car and myself, especially something as important as good headlights, which may prove fatal if not looked into seriously. By getting a better set of headlights i feel that i am being safe inturn not being an hazard to other users of the road.

Also it largely depends on how i use the modified headlights in city streets. I dont ever switch to high beam in the city streets and also the throw of the lights is set to minimum always inside the city. I have never faced a situation when someone asking me to dim the lights in the streets.

Finally, there is no compromise when it comes to safety whatsoever, especially with the entire family in the car & not on the national highways.

I wouldn't ever agree with a law which does not give importance to safety. In INDIA, most of rules are of pre-independence era.A lot needs to be changed. Whats the use of a law which doesnt look into the safety aspect? i dont see anything sane in abiding a law which has no safety value at all.

Last edited by nandans2005 : 3rd April 2010 at 13:00.
nandans2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2010, 19:03   #394
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandans2005 View Post
In INDIA, most of rules are of pre-independence era.A lot needs to be changed. Whats the use of a law which doesnt look into the safety aspect? i dont see anything sane in abiding a law which has no safety value at all.
i fully agree with what you say, but i do not agree with everyone trying change the things on their own.

if everyone starts changing rules thinking it is pre-independence era rules, then there will be problem.

be it the rules about headlights or be it rules about law and order.

Currently law says certain types of headlight (e.g. luminance, beam intensity etc). the car OEMs adhere to that law, before a car is introduced on to the market, these aspects are tested and approved.

once again what i wrote is what i experienced and felt. i am not stopping anyone from changing anything in their car. Every ANHC owner is an adult and capable of making the decision on his/her own.

My personal decision is the ANHC headlights are adequate and i will not modify them as of now, and personal opinion is any modification in the headlights intensity etc and consequential use so as to harm others (to blind others) is violating the law.
StarVegabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2010, 19:21   #395
Senior - BHPian

I had already posted this in a different ANHC ownership thread as a comment.

For my reference thought of adding it here so that it remains in this thread as well.

Quote:

My observations are as below

1. there seems to be a reserve of few ltrs (3-4 ltrs) even after the fuel gauge shows E, when the reserve light gets turned on, the tank seems to have about 8-10 ltrs.

2. The max i have filled till now is about 38ltrs that was the very first time when i fueled after taking possession of the car. subsequenty my tankful billing is for 32-34 ltrs max.

3. Once i have tried going till the E on the fuel gauge, the DTE (Distance to Empty) indicator showed 7 KM remaining, then i filled in the petrol.

4. I have also observed that when the trip meter is reset, for the initial KMs, FE indicator value is high, then it drops based on our driving habits.
The peak i have got till now is 19.xx, during the last week Mumbai trip FE indicator showed 18.4, this was over 2 tankful of fuel. i did not reset in Belgaum. The actual FE i got during this 987 KM drive is 17 KMPL, error of 1.4 from the FE.

5. The DTE meter showed some where between 550 to 690 KMs in my car till now, i have found that once the DTE reaches the value of 80-100, the count down is very rapid e.g. count down of 2-3 per actual KM. This could be due to some error correction being applied to the calculation of DTE.

6. i have driven about 15 KMs with DTE showing zero just last week. i think there is still about 3-4 ltr fuel in the tank even after DTE shows zero. This seems to be made to ensure that the vehicle does not get stalled on the road.
Old 7th April 2010, 19:38   #396
Senior - BHPian

This was earlier reported in BANGALORE-MUMBAI thread, replicating it here + few more details for the completeness of this thread.

Returned to Banglaore on Monday morning, Left from Navi Mumbai on Sunday evening. Did a Solo Drive (Lone Driver as well as passenger)

Key Milestones are as below:

* Left Navi Mumbai (Ghansoli) at 18:15 hrs,
* Reached Pune 20:15, Dinner, Fuel Top up, Wallet Top Up etc 1.45 hours total
* Left from Pune (Simhaghad Road - Pune BP junction) at 22:00
* Fuel Top up just before Karnataka Border @ 01.00 hours
* Hubli BP Toll @ 03.15 hours
* Tea Break at Bankapur Toll gate @ 3:50 hours (10 minutes)
* 2 railway crossings before Ranebennur consumed about 15 minutes together
* Breakfast at Kamat Upachar after Sira 7.35 to 8:10 AM
* Reached Yelahanka at 10:10 hours

Total Distance: 1020 KMs

Total Travel Time: 15 hours 55 minutes
AVG speed : 64 KMPH including break time

Total Breaks : Pune (1.45 hours), Fuel Top up @ border (10 minutes), Tea Break @ Bankapur (10 minutes), Railway crossings (15 minutes), Some morning photo breaks (total 10 minutes), Breakfast at Sira (35 minutes), Facewash after after Snooze (2 x 5 minutes = 10 minutes), totalling 3 hours 25 minutes

Total Journey Time : 12 hours 30 minutes
AVG Journey Speed : 81.6 KMPH (excluding break time)

Peak Speed : 120 KMPH
Standard speed : sub 100 KMPH (just below 100)

Fuel Consumed : 32.xx (Vashi) + 9.xx (Pune) + 11.xx (Just before KA-MH Border) + 8.xx ltr (Sira) - ~5 ltrs remaining in the tank = 58 ltrs

Fuel Economy : 1020/58 = 17.58 KMPL.

Road Conditions : Mostly same as what reported during onward journey

Mumbai to Bankapur Toll Plaza : Roads (total 640KMs) are outstanding
Significant Improvements in Chitradurga and Tumkur BP,
There are too many speed breakers

My car got a bird hit today morning between dobaspet to Dodballapur
the dashboard and the top of the car was full of the body parts of the dead bird, i was fortunate it did not do any harm to the car/windshield
Got the car completely washed/cleaned at the near by car wash.

I have some caution for neo night drivers
------------------------------------------
i almost dozed off 2 times early morning today, i realized in time, else most probably i would not have reported this post today. I immediately stopped, had a face wash, took a brief walk for 5 minutes and re-started.
This happened between 6:30 AM to 7:15 AM.

take enough precautions to avoid snoozing off while driving.
If possible avoid night driving.

I am adding few photographs taken on the way

The first picture is that of sun set while i left Navi Mumbai, the next pictures are of gradual sun rise. i had not spent time to see such a sun rise in over 2 decades, last time i had witnessed it was when i was in NCC during my 8th-10th grade.

hope you will also enjoy...
Attached Thumbnails
At last i am upgrading to a new dream car ! - The All New Honda City-04042010956.jpg  

At last i am upgrading to a new dream car ! - The All New Honda City-05042010961.jpg  

At last i am upgrading to a new dream car ! - The All New Honda City-05042010962.jpg  

At last i am upgrading to a new dream car ! - The All New Honda City-05042010963.jpg  

At last i am upgrading to a new dream car ! - The All New Honda City-05042010964.jpg  

At last i am upgrading to a new dream car ! - The All New Honda City-05042010965.jpg  

At last i am upgrading to a new dream car ! - The All New Honda City-05042010966.jpg  

At last i am upgrading to a new dream car ! - The All New Honda City-05042010967.jpg  

At last i am upgrading to a new dream car ! - The All New Honda City-05042010968.jpg  

At last i am upgrading to a new dream car ! - The All New Honda City-05042010969.jpg  

At last i am upgrading to a new dream car ! - The All New Honda City-05042010970.jpg  

At last i am upgrading to a new dream car ! - The All New Honda City-05042010971.jpg  

At last i am upgrading to a new dream car ! - The All New Honda City-05042010972.jpg  

At last i am upgrading to a new dream car ! - The All New Honda City-05042010978.jpg  

At last i am upgrading to a new dream car ! - The All New Honda City-05042010979.jpg  

At last i am upgrading to a new dream car ! - The All New Honda City-05042010980.jpg  

At last i am upgrading to a new dream car ! - The All New Honda City-05042010981.jpg  

At last i am upgrading to a new dream car ! - The All New Honda City-05042010982.jpg  

At last i am upgrading to a new dream car ! - The All New Honda City-05042010983.jpg  

At last i am upgrading to a new dream car ! - The All New Honda City-05042010985.jpg  

At last i am upgrading to a new dream car ! - The All New Honda City-05042010986.jpg  

At last i am upgrading to a new dream car ! - The All New Honda City-05042010987.jpg  

At last i am upgrading to a new dream car ! - The All New Honda City-05042010988.jpg  

At last i am upgrading to a new dream car ! - The All New Honda City-05042010989.jpg  

At last i am upgrading to a new dream car ! - The All New Honda City-05042010990.jpg  

At last i am upgrading to a new dream car ! - The All New Honda City-05042010993.jpg  

Old 10th April 2010, 19:37   #397
Senior - BHPian

Some quick update
------------------

Crossed 18K KM this week, current ODO reading is 181xx KMs
Last three weeks, the car has been driven for some 2600 KMs.
Next week the car will rest at home.

yesterday in front of Gopalan Mall, Mysore road a rickshow bumped into the rear of the car inflicting some minor but visible scratches on the bumper. He was trying to take U Turn in a small opening in the road and try to squeeze his vehicle through. I do not know, when these guys will learn to follow the traffic rules properly.
Old 10th April 2010, 20:24   #398
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
yesterday in front of Gopalan Mall, Mysore road a rickshow bumped into the rear of the car inflicting some minor but visible scratches on the bumper. He was trying to take U Turn in a small opening in the road and try to squeeze his vehicle through. I do not know, when these guys will learn to follow the traffic rules properly.
Auto rickshaw guys learning to follow the traffic rules? That is too optimistic. I still remember what my driving school teacher (who is just another driver) told me when I was trying follow all the rules, 'if you drive like this, you will remain here for the entire day (in his own words in kannada: Saar, Neevu ee tara odsidre idee dina ille irteera). Auto drivers follow this philosophy to the core.
Guna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2010, 14:20   #399
Senior - BHPian

Coming back to this thread after almost one month, which was very hectic
Hectic schedules, hot summer in Bangalore, worsing traffic situations, but ever reliable companion ANHC were some defining aspects of this last month.

May 21st is the day my car was delivered. I have to do the following

1. Get the Insurance renewed.
2. Get the 4th service done, ODO is reading almost 1898x KMs
3. Get the Non polluting vehicle certificate
4. Get some new car perfume
5. Get the vehicle cleaned on 21st may, fill it, shut it, forget it
6. I want to check whether any paint touchups can be done on the front and rear bumper during the 4th service
7. Check the AC vents, get it cleaned to avoid any foul smell etc
8. write a summary one year association with the car, dealer and Honda

i will be on a business trip next week hence i intend to send the vehicle for service on 17th May. It will also give me some time to check the car after the service as i will be on a personal vacation from 21st till 30th, there are few happy occations(=marriages) in the extended family. There will a long drive from 26th till 30th to Udupi and return.

so hectic till end of the month. Me and my ANHC surely can cope up. will keep posted.

Last edited by StarVegabond : 5th May 2010 at 14:23.
Old 10th May 2010, 09:31   #400
BHPian

Star, did you drive down to Goa some time recently ? We were planning a drive this week end and was wondering whether you had some suggestions on the best route ? when I searched the forum,could see at least 3 routes and hence was wondering whether you had driven to Goa and which route ?
joecherian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2010, 10:12   #401
BHPian

Quote:
5. Get the vehicle cleaned on 21st may, fill it, shut it, forget it
Do you have plans of doing body polish and interior cleaning done? I got the body polish done and I think he did a pretty good job. Let me know if you need any reference
jayanth_yk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2010, 18:16   #402
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecherian View Post
Star, did you drive down to Goa some time recently ? We were planning a drive this week end and was wondering whether you had some suggestions on the best route ? when I searched the forum,could see at least 3 routes and hence was wondering whether you had driven to Goa and which route ?

Hi Joe, there are several routes to Goa from Bangalore

1. Bangalore-Tumkur-Shimoga-Sagar-Honnavar-Karwar-Goa
2. Bangalore - Tumkur - Davangere - Hubli - Dharwad - Londa - Ponda - Panaji
3. Bangalore - Tumkur - Davangere - Hubli - Ankola - Karwar - Goa
4. Bangalore - Tumkur -Davangere - Hubli - Belgaum - Amboli - Goa
5. Bangalore - Hassan - Mangalore/Udupi-Bhatkal-Honnavar-Karwar-Goa

It depends on your preference, as of now i think, most roads are in good shape. Your decision might be based on

1. Shortest route (use Google maps to decide shortest route)
2. Ease of drive (GQ / 4 lane highways are better)
3. Known route Vs new route preference
4. Your site seeing preference or breaks preference.

For me item number 2 and 4 are of primary importance. Item no 1 and 3 are flexible based on road conditions, safety and duration of drive etc.

i have driven routes 1, 2 and 5 all till goa. i have driven route 3,4 till belgaum.

Route 1 is difficult to drive at nights. Route 2 Dharwad-Goa stretch is difficult to drive at night. Route 5 is probably the longest and difficult to drive as mostly it is 2 lane highway. Route 4 is most scenic especially Amboli ghats. Route 3 is most dense traffic escpecially in Devimane Ghats between Dharwad and Ankola.

Hope i have not confused you more, pick your route.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayanth_yk View Post
Do you have plans of doing body polish and interior cleaning done? I got the body polish done and I think he did a pretty good job. Let me know if you need any reference
Sure Jayanth, give your reference. thanks.

Last edited by StarVegabond : 10th May 2010 at 18:19.
Old 10th May 2010, 22:55   #403
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Some more
6. Bangalore-Tumkur-Davanagere-Haveri-Sirsi-Karwar-Goa . Sirsi-Karwar route has some interesting ghat sections.
7. Bangalore-Tumkur-Davanagere-Haveri-Mundagod (take turn near Bankapur)-Sirsi-Karwar-Goa
Guna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2010, 09:41   #404
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks Star, I don't want to hijack your thread with my route queries. Will most probably stick to route 4 that you have mentioned (NH4 - belgaum - goa). Thanks again
joecherian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2010, 09:50   #405
BHPian

Quote:
Sure Jayanth, give your reference. thanks.
SKB Autocare (SKB AUTO CARE)
Contact Person: Mukunda @ 9845326688. I got paint protection treatment done for 2k, you can bargain for much lower price than this. Bargain as much as possible.
jayanth_yk is offline   Reply With Quote