Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 28th July 2010, 22:18   #406
Senior - BHPian

tomorrow morning my ANHC has the appointment at it's Wellness Care Center. This is the 4 th service which i have been trying to get done since last 2-3 months. Due to frequent travels, i did not send the car for the service

now the ANHC has complete almost 22xxx KMs.
I will share the first paid service experience tomorrow evening.
StarVegabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2010, 10:19   #407
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
tomorrow morning my ANHC has the appointment at it's Wellness Care Center. This is the 4 th service which i have been trying to get done since last 2-3 months. Due to frequent travels, i did not send the car for the service

now the ANHC has complete almost 22xxx KMs.
I will share the first paid service experience tomorrow evening.
Where is this btw? Is it authorized Honda service center?
jayanth_yk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2010, 22:43   #408
Senior - BHPian

What a day it was:
-----------------------
The day one foregets his phone at home, car is sent for servcie, it rains cats & dogs, rickshaw fellow charges RS 80 for a 2 KM ride with a free shower, spend more than 2 hours in traffic jams/slow traffic.

ofcourse pay ~6800 RS for a service + some minor repairs.

My 4th service was due since long time. I could not send the car for service as i was frequently travelling. So eventually found time today.

Yesterday afternoon called up Whitefiled Honda and made a booking for 4th service, the lady asked for the vehicle number, #number of KMs run, and what time i would be there.

I was there at 8.25 AM, i was the third customer there. It took about 20 minutes for the SA to attend the first two, Meanwhile a form was filled. I had imagined the form would be ready as they had taken the vehicle no etc previous day.

Explained following things to Aservice Advisor

1. needs 4th paid service
2. Fixing Flash gaurd. I learnt the name for the the plastic sheet which had fallen off during my may end trip to native place
3. Fixing the front bumper-right headlight gap. it had increased when the biker had bumped it several months ago.

SA was trying to sell me Synthetic oil in place of standard oil, which i declined. I asked to make note that i need standard oil only and not synthetic oil. He appeared to be bit reluctant to write it down.

He also tried to sell me the 3M rubber anti rust coating worth some RS7000+ special discounted at RS 4000+ Which again declined.

SA gave the estimation and the copy of the sheet. Time to collect the car at 4:30 PM.

i left my office at 4:00 PM, but it was raining cats & dogs. By the time i reached the Honda Servcie center by a auto rickshaw, i was fully drenched. 2 KM ride costed RS 80

The car was ready, but not spik and span, but standing in the rain fully drenched. I was told that Servcie was done, flash gaurd fixed, some part is missing for fixing the bumper gap which will come in 7 days and it will be fixed at that time along with another free wash.

i made the payment for RS 6809/- split as below

20000 KM service : RS 1060
Injector Cleaning : RS 556
Engine Oil :RS 800
Air Filter : RS 435
AC Filter : RS 789
Oil Filter : RS 156
2 Washers : RS 60
Front Bumper Fixing : RS 175 (Removal, check up and fixing)
Flash Gaurd + Fixing : RS 1629
Wheel Balancing : RS 443
Wheel Alignment :RS 412

Total :RS 6515 (This includes VAT on parts)
Servcie Tax :RS 294

Grand Total : RS 6809

Then i was asked to fill a feedback form. The form had only three possible ratings: Outstanding, Excellent, Can improve

i missed the category " Meets expectations"

so i modified the form to add this category and then gave away my ratings.

The Honda Guy was there, took a lot of time to study my feedback and then thanked me.

I got a free tissue box along with the key
I drove away by 5 PM, but then got stuck in traffic jams

It was still raining, by the time i reached home the car was as dirty as it was when i drove out this morning.

Last edited by StarVegabond : 29th July 2010 at 22:46.
Old 29th July 2010, 22:55   #409
Senior - BHPian

That surely was a bad day.
Were they able to fix the gap near headlamp?
What is this flash guard? Hope you are not referring to splash guard (mud flap)
Guna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2010, 00:49   #410
BHPian

Hi StarVegabond,
thank you for the update.My service centre is about 10 km from my house.I also hate the travel back from service centers.I usually give the car in the service center the day before the service and get it back the next day.I am very happy with ANHC.Last 10 years I had to frequently visit various service centers (authorized and unauthorized) to maintain my Indica.

It is very disappointing to see the car getting dirty soon after service.I also had a similar experience.I have also posted my 20,000km service invoice.Please have a look.
Mevtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2010, 14:46   #411
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
That surely was a bad day.
Were they able to fix the gap near headlamp?
What is this flash guard? Hope you are not referring to splash guard (mud flap)
They need some part to fix the gap, it is likely to come by wednesday next week.

i checked the invoice again, it mentions Splash Gaurd (& not flash gaurd, i must be half asleep when i types yestarday).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mevtec View Post
I am very happy with ANHC.

It is very disappointing to see the car getting dirty soon after service.I also had a similar experience.I have also posted my 20,000km service invoice.Please have a look.
Your above sentence is all that matters.
i will check your ownership thread.
Old 9th August 2010, 22:22   #412
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
They need some part to fix the gap, it is likely to come by wednesday next week.

i checked the invoice again, it mentions Splash Gaurd (& not flash gaurd, i must be half asleep when i types yestarday).
My ANHC is gong to the workshop tomorrow to fix the gap between the head lamp and front bumper.

i am attaching here the two things that got replaced during the 4th service

Splash Gaurd as it had broken
At last i am upgrading to a new dream car ! - The All New Honda City-plastic-splash-gaurd.jpg

A/C filter.
Name:  Air filter.jpg
Views: 867
Size:  147.3 KB
Old 10th August 2010, 21:14   #413
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My ANHC is gong to the workshop tomorrow to fix the gap between the head lamp and front bumper.
Today ANHC spent about 2.5 hours at Whitefield motors for fixing the gap between the headlamp and front bumper.

here is the image for the gap before and after this visit.
At last i am upgrading to a new dream car ! - The All New Honda City-beforeafter.jpg

this gap happened when the biker rear ended my car on ORR last year and as a result i bumped into the car in front of my car at the signal.
the original estimate was to replace the head lamp assembly, which i was very reluctant. I let the gap remain. During the 4th service i again asked whether anything can done, the SA told that they will investigate and let me know. Later on i was told that some clip is needed to fix it, which was not available with them.

They gave me a call last week when the needed spare part arrived

This spare part cost + fixing carges + taxes cost me RS 610/- I also got a complimentory carwash + interior cleaning.
This time i have given a feedback (in the form) that spare part cost is high and Honda needs to bring it down.

The key problem this solved was alignment of headlamp beam, now it is symetrical just like new car.

Last edited by StarVegabond : 10th August 2010 at 21:20.
Old 11th August 2010, 06:58   #414
BHPian

hey, Since you have done 4th service, i am asking you this question. Did you get the 4th service after 3 months or 6 months of 3rd service?

Its now 3 months after 3rd service, and whitefield honda called me for service. And i asked Honda question is it not after 6th months, so i got the following email from whitefield honda.

"Please note that we recommend Periodic Maintainance services (after 3 Free Sevice) to be carried out at a periodic interval of 5000km/6month which ever is earlier. However, the same is subjected to variation in severe driving conditions like driving in hot temperature, Extensive idling or long periods of stop-and-go driving, driving in dusty environment etc. Based on the above, periodic Maintainance at an interval of 5000km/3months is advisable for Indian driving conditions."

Feel 4 visit for service in an year is ridiculous for what honda keep boasting of reliability and all, when most cars now are serviced 10k/1year. Dont know why people say maintaining honda is cheaper, when we have to keep pouring so much money for service center every 3 months.
shamanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2010, 10:58   #415
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
hey, Since you have done 4th service, i am asking you this question. Did you get the 4th service after 3 months or 6 months of 3rd service?

Its now 3 months after 3rd service, and whitefield honda called me for service. And i asked Honda question is it not after 6th months, so i got the following email from whitefield honda.

"Please note that we recommend Periodic Maintainance services (after 3 Free Sevice) to be carried out at a periodic interval of 5000km/6month which ever is earlier. However, the same is subjected to variation in severe driving conditions like driving in hot temperature, Extensive idling or long periods of stop-and-go driving, driving in dusty environment etc. Based on the above, periodic Maintainance at an interval of 5000km/3months is advisable for Indian driving conditions."

Feel 4 visit for service in an year is ridiculous for what honda keep boasting of reliability and all, when most cars now are serviced 10k/1year. Dont know why people say maintaining honda is cheaper, when we have to keep pouring so much money for service center every 3 months.
Hi Shamanth,

Content in EMAIL is actually mentioned in the manual, in severe driving conditions service interval is as per SA advice.

But, surprise is it's not the same with all the dealers.

Iam due to 4th service this week as Iam nearing to 15k, My usage has been more and Iam hitting service station quite frequent.

Insist them to understand

> What would be changed? Manual says Oil change can also be depend on driving conditions
> Why other dealers are not insisting this? Dakshin told me it's 5k/6months which ever is earlier.

Cheers
Raghu
raghu230506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2010, 13:31   #416
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
My ANHC went for last service (3rd) was 10K KM in first week of dec 2009. 4th service is now done after 8 months.

Periodic service is just like Wellness program.

Wellness providers would like you to come everyday, spend time thier gym, use their spa, get rejuvinated, eat their prescribed diet, cooked in their resturant by their cook, practice yoga or art of living sessions by their instructors etc etc and ofcourse pay for it. they may claim their wellness centers are cheaper than those of their competitors.

one needs to decide what is needed by oneself.

I intend to go for 5th service after another 10K KM done, when ever it happens.

Last edited by StarVegabond : 11th August 2010 at 13:32.
Old 11th August 2010, 14:41   #417
BHPian

I again called Whitefield honda. This 3 months service will include water-wash and check-up and will cost Rs 700. This is not compulsory service and wont void warranty and its left to you to decide, just we would remained you once. Lots of confusion.
shamanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2010, 14:48   #418
BHPian

Quote:
My ANHC went for last service (3rd) was 10K KM in first week of dec 2009. 4th service is now done after 8 months.

Periodic service is just like Wellness program.

Wellness providers would like you to come everyday, spend time thier gym, use their spa, get rejuvinated, eat their prescribed diet, cooked in their resturant by their cook, practice yoga or art of living sessions by their instructors etc etc and ofcourse pay for it. they may claim their wellness centers are cheaper than those of their competitors.

one needs to decide what is needed by oneself.

I intend to go for 5th service after another 10K KM done, when ever it happens.
Are they not cribbing about warranty? as you are sticking to 10k mark rather than 5k/6months?
raghu230506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2010, 15:43   #419
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu230506 View Post
Are they not cribbing about warranty? as you are sticking to 10k mark rather than 5k/6months?
If we have not done modifications or damage to the internals of the vehicle, then why one should be worried about the warrantee lapse.

anyway what they do is washing & cleaning of interiors, oil top up, and detailed check up.

i anyway i get my car fully washed/cleaned once in every month, I also ensure any slight issue with the car be checked. Whenever i have a very long drive say spread over a week etc, i any way get the car checked prior to the trip just to be sure.

at my current rate of 24000 KM/ 16 months = 10K KMs would be driven in 6-7 months.
Old 14th August 2010, 20:23   #420
Senior - BHPian

Thought of doing some forward planning w.r.t my ANHC experience till the end of the year 2010

Daily Intra-City Commute:
--------------------------------
Avg per month : 1000 KMs p.m x 4.5 months = 4500KMs

Trips
------
1. Udupi trip (Aug 28-29) : ~ 950 KMs
2. Udupi trip (Sept 17-19): ~ 950 KMs
3. Kaas Trip (Sept 23-26): ~1600 KMs
4. Goa Trip (Nov end) : ~1500 KMs
5. any other emergency : ~1000 KMs

Total : 6000 KMs

Total Running of 10500 KMs till Dec 31st 2010

Current ODO : 245xx + 10500 = 40000 KMs

my ANHC would be due for 5th Service in Jan 2011.

Total cost of these 10500 would be RS 50K (~ 11000 per month)

Additions or Modifications
---------------------------

1. I have to get the latest maps + OS for my N97 and get it working for real time navigation

2. I have to get one bluetooth dongle + audio router so that i can hear my phone calls through the ANHC ICE during the long trips

3. I have to get parmanent place for the car inverter + routing of the wires + extention socket board (1 output to 3 sockets) enabling phone, camera and laptop charging) which is accessible from both rear seat as well as front.

i have more in mind, but may be later.