Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2009, 08:39   #31
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 422
Thanked: 249 Times
Default

Congrats on buying this black beauty, I am sure she will keep you entertained for a long time.
Chillout is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2009, 21:04   #32
Senior - BHPian
 
anachronix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Madras
Posts: 3,250
Thanked: 1,241 Times
Default

Ah... Did a Chennai-Pondicherry drive this weekend and now I have 537KMs on the ODO in 3 days

First impressions:
1. Amazing power delivery, the engine is too eager to be floored. But I had to keep it below 2500RPM.
2. It performed beyond expectations in the handling dept. The way it was gripping through the curves in ECR was amazing.
3. Now, this handling is supposed to give a bone jarring ride through rough roads, but its ok!
4. The FE I got through the drive should be above 14KMPL (Tank Fill). Not bad, since the engine will be optimised for more effeciency during the 1st service.

I have a question to all the Fiesta owners here. Today I was on a drive to my another office location in Sholinganallur. I was running out of fuel on the way and I had to fuel from a 3rd rate(I think so) BP bunk. I was too scared to fill the tank, so I had filled in for about 200INR.

From that moment, the high fan was working longer than usual and I could feel the fan running with mild vibrations felt on the steering, the clutch, brake & acclerator pedals. Took it to the Ford guys and they told me that its usual in all the Fiestas. He demo'ed the same in another Fiesta and this vibration was felt. I am still not convinced since I feel the power delivery was not as linear as how it was before filling that crappy fuel. I have done a tank fill from a trusted fuel bunk. I drove only for a few KMS so I cant say much about the car would behave, but I felt it was better. I am not sure though!

My question is, is this vibration felt on the pedals & steering when the Hi Fan is working... Is it common in all Fiestas?

BTW... Some pics from my trip
Attached Thumbnails
Black Ford Fiesta 1.6s-dsc01418.jpg  

Black Ford Fiesta 1.6s-dsc01438.jpg  

Black Ford Fiesta 1.6s-dsc01468.jpg  

anachronix is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2009, 21:27   #33
BHPian
 
unni.ak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 777
Thanked: 80 Times
Default

Congrats anachronix. Fiesta 1.6 S is a value buy. You get all the relevant goodies and good build quality. By Hi Fan, are you referring to the radiator fan or blower speed in high. If its radiator fan, yes you do feel its slight vibrations on the clutch and brake pedal. By the way I've a diesel.

As many people have already said, there is no particular run-in that you need to follow. Just dont stress the engine for the initial 1.5-2k kms, no rev limiter shifts etc. And keep varying the engine speeds so that the parts bed in better.

Happy Mile Munching.

PS: You are going to have tough time maintaining black!!! I've one, I know
unni.ak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2009, 09:29   #34
BHPian
 
krish3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Cochin/Bangalore
Posts: 608
Thanked: 15 Times
Default

Nice pics again...

As Unni said, you do feel very very mild vibrations in the clutch and brakes when the radiator fan is on. But its very mild and only noticeable if you are looking for faults.

We usually dont fill at unknown pumps. Specially with the range a diesel gives (around 900 kms for a full tank), we can ensure that. But with Petrol version, always ensure that you have enough fuel in your tank to at least take you to the nearest reputed pump. You never know what damage bad fuel can do.
krish3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2009, 09:49   #35
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 199
Thanked: 42 Times
Default

@anachronix Congratulations on your new car. Since you owned an Ikon 1.6 and have used it extensively, would be great if you could do a bit of comparision between the two on the engine and handling department.

Guess, too early to ask this as you are yet to exploit the full potential of your new car, however the initial impressions of the Fiesta v/s the Ikon 1.6 would be really appreciable.

Thanks
zen91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2009, 09:59   #36
Team-BHP Support
 
benbsb29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 8,025
Thanked: 3,483 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen91 View Post
Guess, too early to ask this as you are yet to exploit the full potential of your new car, however the initial impressions of the Fiesta v/s the Ikon 1.6 would be really appreciable.
IIRC, one of our members - Suman who now owns a Fiesta 1.6 after having owned an Ikon 1.6 says that save for refinement, the Ikon was a better handler.

Would be interesting to know anachronix's opinion on the same.

Also, isnt it interesting that despite all the claims from many about Ford and its so-called after sales experiences, we do have repeat customers?
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2009, 10:06   #37
Senior - BHPian
 
anachronix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Madras
Posts: 3,250
Thanked: 1,241 Times
Default

Thanks Unni & Krish, I feel the fuel was the culprit. Drove to office today and I dint feel much vibrations from the fan. Its fishy that the fuel had something to do with the vibrations felt from the fan to the cabin! Damn

@zen91, A quick comparo of these 2 cars...
  1. The driving position is amazing in the Ikon and the seats are comfy too, I dont feel much tired after long drives (usually above 12HRS drive). But I felt a bad pain in my b**t when I had taken the Fiesta for a 4HRS drive to Pondicherry from Chennai. The driving position in the Fiesta is not bad and there was no other pain
  2. The handling part in the city driving... Boy nothing can beat the Ikon1.6. The feedback was just too good in the Ikon (I do miss it). The FiestaS mainly scores ahead of the Ikon in handling at higher speeds.
  3. The Ikon is more peppy to drive since the torque peaks at low RPMs. The FiestaS is not that peppy to drive but it zooms amazingly around the 2K RPM with great smoothness.
  4. The FiestaS can take the corners much better than the Ikon.
  5. I felt the rear seat to be more comfy in the Ikon. I havent taken a ride in the rear site, but thats what my family had to say after the 4HRS drive.

Last edited by anachronix : 26th May 2009 at 10:07.
anachronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2009, 10:07   #38
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 199
Thanked: 42 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Also, isnt it interesting that despite all the claims from many about Ford and its so-called after sales experiences, we do have repeat customers?
I have been driving a Ford for the last 5 years and have no complaints on their after sales service and support. Infact it has improved over the last few years and the spare part prices have also come down.
zen91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2009, 10:15   #39
BHPian
 
sathee46's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 465
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Congrats on getting the 1.6S anachronix, the car looks fab in Black. Regarding the Fan, I can sense when the fan is working but vibrations are very mild & hardly felt. I have never noticed about that in particular till now.
sathee46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2009, 10:25   #40
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 199
Thanked: 42 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Thanks Unni & Krish, I feel the fuel was the culprit. Drove to office today and I dint feel much vibrations from the fan. Its fishy that the fuel had something to do with the vibrations felt from the fan to the cabin! Damn

@zen91, A quick comparo of these 2 cars...
  1. The driving position is amazing in the Ikon and the seats are comfy too, I dont feel much tired after long drives (usually above 12HRS drive). But I felt a bad pain in my b**t when I had taken the Fiesta for a 4HRS drive to Pondicherry from Chennai. The driving position in the Fiesta is not bad and there was no other pain
  2. The handling part in the city driving... Boy nothing can beat the Ikon1.6. The feedback was just too good in the Ikon (I do miss it). The FiestaS mainly scores ahead of the Ikon in handling at higher speeds.
  3. The Ikon is more peppy to drive since the torque peaks at low RPMs. The FiestaS is not that peppy to drive but it zooms amazingly around the 2K RPM with great smoothness.
  4. The FiestaS can take the corners much better than the Ikon.
  5. I felt the rear seat to be more comfy in the Ikon. I havent taken a ride in the rear site, but thats what my family had to say after the 4HRS drive.
Thanks anachronix for your feedback, looks like the Ikon still scores in a few parameters over the Fiesta.

I am in a dilema..to repeat what you have done..somehow I could not get the kick when I test drove the Fiesta S..even the push in the back was missing.
zen91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2009, 10:35   #41
Senior - BHPian
 
anachronix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Madras
Posts: 3,250
Thanked: 1,241 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen91 View Post
Thanks anachronix for your feedback, looks like the Ikon still scores in a few parameters over the Fiesta.

I am in a dilema..to repeat what you have done..somehow I could not get the kick when I test drove the Fiesta S..even the push in the back was missing.
But there is no better replacement dude!
anachronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2009, 11:15   #42
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 717
Thanked: 726 Times
Default

Damnit!! now I gotta make a trip to Chennai!! : Congrats, bro!

I can attest that the tiger got its share of paces on Bangalore - Chennai highway. Thanks for letting me abuse the old beast ever so often. I'd bet if it was any other car, the front wheels would've packed their bags and run off.

So, when do we get to beat around the black beauty on the ORR? I am waiting!!
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2009, 11:54   #43
Senior - BHPian
 
anachronix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Madras
Posts: 3,250
Thanked: 1,241 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Damnit!! now I gotta make a trip to Chennai!! : Congrats, bro!

I can attest that the tiger got its share of paces on Bangalore - Chennai highway. Thanks for letting me abuse the old beast ever so often. I'd bet if it was any other car, the front wheels would've packed their bags and run off.

So, when do we get to beat around the black beauty on the ORR? I am waiting!!
I am getting it next weekend to Bangalore. ORR.. Yeah!
anachronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2009, 12:09   #44
Team-BHP Support
 
benbsb29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 8,025
Thanked: 3,483 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
I am getting it next weekend to Bangalore. ORR.. Yeah!
When you're in Bangalore, let me know. Will want to check out your car.
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2009, 12:18   #45
Senior - BHPian
 
anachronix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Madras
Posts: 3,250
Thanked: 1,241 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
When you're in Bangalore, let me know. Will want to check out your car.
Sure, dude! I shd be in Bangalore next Monday!
anachronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My new black Ford Fiesta nairrk Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 522 8th July 2011 23:39
WHOAAA!! Went Fida - Ford Fiesta 1.6S Panther Black ABZ Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 68 13th December 2009 11:04
Ford Fiesta - Black or Platinum? sks2131 Sedans 17 6th October 2009 20:28
Altis vs SX4 vs ANHC vs Fiesta. EDIT : Black Fiesta 1.6S it is! tarunt Sedans 25 30th September 2009 18:32
Please help me decide: Fiesta S or Fiesta ZXi? EDIT: Booked Fiesta S! Pics on pg5. frankmehta Sedans 108 18th August 2009 13:43


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 23:24.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks