Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 25th February 2010, 17:47   #106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post

They stole so many stuff from my previous car.
How they do this - Does this mean that they dont give you a check list
when you handover the car to them?. Or do they simply take the car and then deliver to you - if this is the case then there are good chances that some one can take away things from the car
nairrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2010, 17:52   #107
Senior - BHPian

Anachronix, did they steal some personal belongings or parts?

If you are going to CF around 10 am, give me a buzz and come to my place. We can compare cars. CF is just 5 minutes away from my house. Did the car's suspension take a bang in Bangalore by any chance? Lots of nasty speedbreakers there.
Gilead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2010, 17:53   #108
Senior - BHPian

I had previously owned a Ford Ikon. I met with a bizarre accident on Christmas night in 2006 and wanted to clear off the car from the spot to the dealer. So the checklist obviously was not filled.

They had stolen 2 fog lamps which was costing 4500/- per piece at that time, ignition coil & poor work done in fixing the car (broken sharp edges & rusting issues). I left overseas after new year and came back to India in March only to find my car safely covered and parked even after delivering the insurance checks.

I spent everyday at the workshop to fix the car and when the car was completely assembled, I took the first drive of the car and it was not a test driver or engineer. Its just a bad bad experience! I have decided never to go back in that direction. Most of my colleagues who have been to this workshop have the same feelings about this place.

@ Gilead, I will be going to CF tomorrow morning, I shall give you a buzz!

Last edited by anachronix : 25th February 2010 at 17:55.
anachronix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2010, 18:37   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I spent everyday at the workshop to fix the car and when the car was completely assembled, I took the first drive of the car and it was not a test driver or engineer. Its just a bad bad experience! I have decided never to go back in that direction. !
Please mention the workshop name here atleast for the sake of others. Members here would be aware of places that take customers for a ride. What we find bad should be reported as bad and the awareness spread across. According to me, if I go through some bitter experiences with a place, someone else should not go the same path, I would do anything to achieve that.
shajufx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2010, 18:48   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@ Gilead, I will be going to CF tomorrow morning, I shall give you a buzz!
I am free from 10-11. I am near the Round Tana.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Please mention the workshop name here atleast for the sake of others. Members here would be aware of places that take customers for a ride. What we find bad should be reported as bad and the awareness spread across. According to me, if I go through some bitter experiences with a place, someone else should not go the same path, I would do anything to achieve that.
He already did. It's MPL Ford at Saligramam. I got daily calls from that place asking me to bring the car for the 1st service. I had been warned off so I took it to CF. Joshdrive mentioned in another thread that MPL at Velachery are 'planting' issues in his car.

Last edited by Gilead : 25th February 2010 at 18:56.
Old 25th February 2010, 18:53   #111
Senior - BHPian

@ Shaju - Kindly direct me to any thread where including this information would be even more helpful. I have included the dealer information in my previous post anyway!

I wouldnt mind repeating it!

Stay away from MPL Ford, Saligramam/Vadapalani, Chennai.

@ Gilead - I am meeting Rajesh, Chennai Ford after 10AM. I will give you a ring!
Old 25th February 2010, 19:42   #112
BHPian

I am getting a little confused on this life/lifeless observation regarding the steering.

- I can steer easily with one hand. While parking at Spencers 3rd flr, I can drive around the rounds while going up/down with one hand

- For my kind of driving habit, I don't feel the steering too light or too heavy, neither any sound I have observed during my long trip. Even, after becoming aware of this issue, I am straining my ears hard to pickup any sound but none present.

- If the car hits a bump or pothole, I can sense the feel in the steering..but it is not wobbly or something, meaning, if the car goes over a bump/pothole, the steering does NOT turn, even slightly, by itself.

So, do I belong to the exclusive "lifeless" steering club? Any further checks I can perform? Can someone give some further symptoms of this lifelessness.
===============

Gilead/Anachronix - are u going tomm to CF - is'nt Fri a working day for you guys...I was planning to go on Sat to replace my decklid handle which is long pending.

Last edited by sanjayc : 25th February 2010 at 19:54.
sanjayc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2010, 20:06   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@ Shaju - Kindly direct me to any thread where including this information would be even more helpful. I have included the dealer information in my previous post anyway! !
Sorry, I didnt see that post somehow, when I read about your bangalore trip, changing cars with friend etc, I got a feel that you were mentioning about some workshop in bangalore city, therefore I was curious to know who it is, as we have only 2 dealers here. Metro has 3 workshops and Lathangi has only one.

Sanjay, were you by any chance associated with JUMBO circus or anything similar ? Your one-hand exercises remind me of some prior experiences . Good writing skills you have got here !
shajufx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2010, 20:16   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
- If the car hits a bump or pothole, I can sense the feel in the steering..but it is not wobbly or something, meaning, if the car goes over a bump/pothole, the steering does NOT turn, even slightly, by itself.
My steering is super sensitive to road conditions. I can feel literally everything.. bumps, gradient changes etc. I know precisely which direction the front wheels are facing at any given point of time. The S has a different steering rack, but the SXi that I TD-ed had pretty much the same feel. My steering does turn on its own if the pothole is bad enough. But no wobble or vibrations. I would again invite you to drive mine and see if you want to.

Quote:
Gilead/Anachronix - are u going tomm to CF - is'nt Fri a working day for you guys...I was planning to go on Sat to replace my decklid handle which is long pending.
I work on Fri, but I generally go a little late. Not even the cleaning people will be around at 9 am. If you are going to CF on Sat, give me a buzz and we can do a car comparo.
Old 25th February 2010, 20:25   #115
Senior - BHPian

@Sanjay - I am on leave tomorrow for some personal stuff so...
Old 25th February 2010, 20:41   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Sanjay, were you by any chance associated with JUMBO circus or anything similar ? Your one-hand exercises remind me of some prior experiences . Good writing skills you have got here !
Finally, some appreciation after 350 odd posts..thanks. What do mean by "prior" experiences...no "present" one-hand experience whatsoever..ok I will pm you on this.
=====

Gilead, 7th Mar is near..let's meet there? That would be better place for extensive TD. Are u coming or not? IIRC, in one of post it was confirmed against your name, but in the latest list, it is not? I just abhor the idea of driving down Arumbakkam/PH rd at 9-11am becos of peak traffic.
Old 25th February 2010, 20:51   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
Gilead, 7th Mar is near..let's meet there? That would be better place for extensive TD. Are u coming or not? IIRC, in one of post it was confirmed against your name, but in the latest list, it is not? I just abhor the idea of driving down Arumbakkam/PH rd at 9-11am becos of peak traffic.
Yes, i'll be there at the track. We can do it then. I suggested Anna Nagar on Sat as you will be coming to CF anyway for the decklid.
Old 25th February 2010, 21:03   #118
Senior - BHPian

anachronix, between the GP and the 1.6S , which is the more driver oriented car ? In terms of performance, ride and handling, fun to drive.

Just wanted to hear viewpoints from someone who owns both.
sdp1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2010, 22:02   #119
BANNED

Whenever I see a guy buying 1.6S , I get a sense of satisfaction that the Indian car buyer is buying a car from my company on the very fact on which my company designs cars & i.e. that our cars should e "Fun to Drive".

Congratulations on your new ride mate! Have 'fun' !
Mustang.101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2010, 22:16   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Yes, i'll be there at the track. We can do it then. I suggested Anna Nagar on Sat as you will be coming to CF anyway for the decklid.
But in Anna nagar, where we can do a TD? I do not want to risk your S on main roads, and end up "loaning" mine to yours, like our brother Anna did with this friend.LOL. 7th is ON for me, not sure on track or not, but at venue, yes.