Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 26th May 2009, 17:45   #31
Team-BHP Support

Congrats on the i20. Cool car, cool alloys and cool color too

I have the younger sibling in the same color and i am sure you will enjoy its ownership. Even i am waiting for the verna engine to be plonked in this car. Then it will rule the roads
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2009, 18:32   #32
BHPian

Wow awesome looking all white machine. I didn't know an i20 could look like that.
abhi1309 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2009, 18:45   #33
BHPian

when metal is heated its hottest when it turns white. this car is that hot!!

and what alloys wow!! congratulations bro!!
Caramelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2009, 23:46   #34
BHPian

Great buy!!! As a prospective i20 buyer I'm keen to know the ownership experience, initial feedback, etc etc.

Keep us posted!!!

btw: did i mention SEXY ALLOYS?! !!]

sultanofswing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2009, 06:09   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoops View Post
The drive is lovely and smooth to a point of being boring :-) she is really comfy and you feel like you are in a lux car. the ride hasn't been too affected after the wheel up size. all in all a great buy, worth every penny (lots of creature comforts)!!
This is a good enough reason for prospective i20 owners to have a smile on their face. BTW, how comfortable it would be for a 6' 2" guy, actually my friend was planning to buy a car and he was almost finalized a Palio MJD SDX. But then for his height that car will not fit as he touches the steering wheel even if you push the seat last slot. Palio does not have tilt steering. So he is back to square one. Your comments on i20 to address this issue would be a great help!

Thanks and congratulations for nice looking car, please go ahead and post some interior pictures too
varriers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2009, 19:56   #36

Quote:
hey guys, here are a few pictures of my new car, thought I'd share them with you, cheers.
Neat lookin car... Dude saw this car parked opp to Texas Instruments building in BTP.
MNAKASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2009, 10:16   #37
BHPian

You saw right!! I work in BTP :-)
@varriers...if your friend test drove an asta version, did he adjust the seat height?? its got hight adjustable seats...and its something nobody talks about, not even the dealers!!!

AND thanks a ton for all compliments guys!! :-)

Last edited by anoops : 28th May 2009 at 10:18.
anoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2009, 10:21   #38
BHPian

man she looks hot! and you debadgedher right away. get some tints and that would complete the car. great wheels as well.
do post some better pics of the rims.
white_vdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2009, 10:34   #39
Senior - BHPian

On my god!! Your i20 looks so cool. Alloys look awesome on your i20! Enjoy your car and congrats on the purchase!
sohail99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2009, 12:34   #40
BHPian

Every morning since the past 4 days, the first thing I do is log in to t-bhp and have a look at your car's pictures! Such an eye candy.

I checked the online tyre size calculator. 195/55 R15 is a perfect upsize over the stock 185/65 R14 with almost 0% change in overall diameter, the final diameter being 596mm for both. You mentioned that the S-drives are noisy. How would you rate them in terms of comfort, handling, steering feel over the stock Apollos? Any issues w.r.t the rear tyres touching the wheel arches?

Last edited by roms : 28th May 2009 at 12:41.
roms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2009, 13:26   #41
Senior - BHPian

White is getting popular by the day, and why not, white sure looks hot!!
Classy wheels man!!

Congrats!!
Dry Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2009, 13:42   #42
BHPian

Wow.. thats one sweet ride you got there.... Get some tints man!!

Drive Safe!
revved_up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2009, 13:47   #43
BHPian

@roms...other than the noise the tyres are perfect!! the ride (not bumpy at all) and handling has improved, and what it has also done is tightened the steering wheel a bit (i found the steering too loose)..all this is at low speeds (max 80kmph)
dint drive too much with the OE tyres and wheels, swapped it as soon as i got the car! :-)...and no the tyres dont touch the arches even with four adults.

Last edited by anoops : 28th May 2009 at 13:49.
anoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2009, 14:09   #44
BHPian

Saw your car in BTP. First thought was, sure this belongs to some BHPian. And right I was.
Also, does your Palio sport a TBHP url sticker on the rear glass? Asking 'cause I dont see that car in the parking lot now-a-days.
Jedi.Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2009, 14:09   #45
BHPian

Quote:
@roms...other than the noise the tyres are perfect!! the ride (not bumpy at all) and handling has improved, and what it has also done is tightened the steering wheel a bit (i found the steering too loose)..all this is at low speeds (max 80kmph)
dint drive too much with the OE tyres and wheels, swapped it as soon as i got the car! :-)...and no the tyres dont touch the arches even with four adults.
Thanks for that feedback anoops. Do give a feedback once you take it at higher speeds and on the twisties . Enjoy your lovely ride.
roms is offline   Reply With Quote