Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 9th June 2009, 11:30   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
Do you have a pic of this ? The Bumper I mean. have you installed this in your car ?
Here's a pic:
Name:  IMG_1192.JPG
Views: 1065
Size:  53.1 KB

Shankar has had it fitted in his car.
anupmathur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2009, 19:56   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
Here's a pic:
Attachment 145902

Shankar has had it fitted in his car.
This kinda bumper is any day better than a bull bar.I can see that its metal all around below the plasticky upper bumper.
anjan_c2007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2009, 19:58   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
....wonder how people find out these things? ..... 'even' a lizard! what other creatures have been experimented with ......

Ah, sorry; was just thinking aloud there!
Yes exactly anup thats a fact. Even the Tata Safari ORVM's are sleeker.
Old 9th June 2009, 20:05   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
This kinda bumper is any day better than a bull bar.I can see that its metal all around below the plasticky upper bumper.
Indeed.
If you look carefully, there's a whitish mark on the ball. An autorickshaw driver had brought his rick to grief by carelessly rear ending the car!
Old 10th June 2009, 10:53   #50
Senior - BHPian

that looks good, ensuring persons behind to keep distance. nice paint job done on the supporting metal, matches the car body color
tanwaramit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2009, 19:23   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
that looks good, ensuring persons behind to keep distance. nice paint job done on the supporting metal, matches the car body color
Quote:
Indeed.
If you look carefully, there's a whitish mark on the ball. An autorickshaw driver had brought his rick to grief by carelessly rear ending the car!
That bumper is a deterrent, "Bacchke Rehna Re, O Baba "-much akin to the Army vehicles and the steely ol' Mahindra jeeps.
Old 3rd November 2009, 18:38   #52
BHPian

hey congrats man. I really like the looks of this car.

Congratulations dude, its an awesome buy for an awesome dude.

Last edited by Dippy : 5th November 2009 at 09:48. Reason: Back to back posts
abhayshanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2009, 21:01   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
Anup, that is a superb addition to the Scorpio and definitely on my list if God forbid the rear bumper has to ever be replaced/
Manson, that is not an addition!
That is standard with the 4WD.
Old 5th November 2009, 10:11   #54
Team-BHP Support

The following post from day before had got deleted due to some glitch:

M & M's service standards have stooped to a new low today. My Scorp was due for its 10,000 kms second service today. The appointment was taken over the phone yesterday and the lady at Milestone said she would depute a pick up driver this morning.
The personnel do not prepare a job car at the time of pick up, and instead make one only once the vehicle reaches their workshop. Very convenient way to avoid any mishap and wrong doing on part of their personnel.

At time of pick up, I had instructed their driver (surprsingly well spoken considering M & M' s service standards) to ask the service advisor to call me with an estimate for a touch up on the mirrors and one side of the cladding.

The day passed, and while I did not recieve a single phone call or any other form of communication from Milestone which happens to be a company owned service center. Later whilst on the phone with my mother in the evening (some 30 minutes ago) she mentioned that the Scorpio has just been dropped a few minutes back with a nil payment bill.

I had the service head, a certain Mr. Raghu call me on the same and he was as casual about the matter as he could be about drinking a glass of water. A few moments later he realised I was a little more serious than him, and he quirked out the painting estimate. A few minutes later the service advisor called me, he was even more casual and funny than our next door service center head Mr. Raghu and could not resist to smirk at my sarcasm.

What followed was that he was busy and he probably overlooked calling me, so basically non revenue services for Milestone is a least priority task.
Raghu is going to be mailing me a quote for paint expense which could be carried out when the Scorp goes for its next service at 15,000 kms. Milestone has its last chance with my vehicle at the third service, but then all Mahindra service centers are irresponsible and least responsibility taking than the other.

Service related issues have always been M & M's weak point, something that strikes you even more when you have an Innova in the house, which indeed is a breeze to live with.
Now only if a certain Mr. Anand Mahindra could have his service personnel trained at Toyota, or atleast have them go through a crash course at their facility.

manson.
manson is offline   Reply With Quote