Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 25th April 2010, 12:42   #196
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
I am afraid to paint on rubber as when rubber bends crack appear on paints. does this happen in your car coolboy007/ jaisha/ sachin?
I had painted my mud flaps with one coat of plastic primer and 2 coats of car paint. The plastic primer was applied so that the car paint doesnt peel off quickly. But within 4 months i noticed cracks on the paint and it started peeling off. So I took the car to my local painter. He advised me to apply ordinary enamel paint as it would stay more longer. I didnt believe him at first, then gave it a try. I got it painted and now its over 8 months and it still looks good.
So if anyone thinking of painting their mud flaps, my suggestion would be to use ordinary enamel colour suiting your car body colour.
jaisha8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2010, 18:41   #197
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey Jaisha, Just completed reading your thread. Gorgeous Linea indeed. And I could make out that one of the pic was taken around Thrissur Collectorate :-)
I am currently looking to upgrade my current Ford Ikon (used by parents in Thrissur). The selection criteria strictly go in the order of safety, A.S.S, driving dynamics, passenger comfort etc. Keeping these in mind, I guess European models make sense. So I was doing some research online on Linea, Laura 1.8 TSI, and maybe the Jetta. The problem with latter two is that they don’t have a sevice center in Thrissur. For our current car, we are extremely happy with the service provided by Kairali ford in Thrissur. Even though my car is now 6+ years old, they still call up with Service reminders, and even send their driver to pick the car from our apartment, and drop it back. But unfortunately they don’t have a model for me upgrade.
It will be of great help, if you can help me on the following questions:
1) How is your experience with the dealership in Thrissur? When I sent a mail to them, they were very prompt to reply. It will be good to hear the first hand experience
2) I did not see many issues with the car, reading through your posts, but how will you rate the car’s reliability – from your past one year’s experience.
3) I read a lot about the driving dynamics (from different forums, YouTube etc.), but how good is the back seat comfort? Is the leg space good, and can fit in 3 comfortably?
By the way, I am not a fan of white color, but changed opinion seeing the pics of your White Linea. Awesome indeed :-)
vb-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2010, 22:16   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Hey Jaisha, Just completed reading your thread. Gorgeous Linea indeed. And I could make out that one of the pic was taken around Thrissur Collectorate :-)
I am currently looking to upgrade my current Ford Ikon (used by parents in Thrissur). The selection criteria strictly go in the order of safety, A.S.S, driving dynamics, passenger comfort etc. Keeping these in mind, I guess European models make sense. So I was doing some research online on Linea, Laura 1.8 TSI, and maybe the Jetta. The problem with latter two is that they donít have a sevice center in Thrissur. For our current car, we are extremely happy with the service provided by Kairali ford in Thrissur. Even though my car is now 6+ years old, they still call up with Service reminders, and even send their driver to pick the car from our apartment, and drop it back. But unfortunately they donít have a model for me upgrade.
It will be of great help, if you can help me on the following questions:
1) How is your experience with the dealership in Thrissur? When I sent a mail to them, they were very prompt to reply. It will be good to hear the first hand experience
2) I did not see many issues with the car, reading through your posts, but how will you rate the carís reliability Ė from your past one yearís experience.
3) I read a lot about the driving dynamics (from different forums, YouTube etc.), but how good is the back seat comfort? Is the leg space good, and can fit in 3 comfortably?
By the way, I am not a fan of white color, but changed opinion seeing the pics of your White Linea. Awesome indeed :-)
Hi vb-san,
Thanks for the compliments. Replying to your queries as below:-
1). Actually I bought my car from RF motors, Ernakulam. But now shifted my service to Hyson, Thrissur. I am still to go for my first service as my car has run only 7000 kms now. Still 8000 to go for the 1st service. But still I found Hyson staff to be very prompt and efficient.
2). No there were no serious issues with my car (touch wood), though there were some niggling issues which were sorted out promptly by Hyson guys. I would rate Linea as extremely reliable in my past 1 years experience and I bet every Linea owner on this forum would vouch me on that. You can definitely go for this car and that's my recommendation to anyone who asks about Linea Performance.
3). I just completed my to & fro trip from Chennai with my family. We were 4 plus the driver and believe it or not, 100 kgs (25 kg x 4 bags) of rice and 2 big luggage bags. My wife and kids never complained about the seats and the tiredness after reaching home. We all enjoyed the 600kms drive.
Even I own a 2000 model Ikon and still very good condition. But I stopped giving it to Kairali since 3/4 years. Where are you located in thrissur?
Old 16th May 2010, 07:17   #199
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaisha8 View Post
Hi vb-san,
Thanks for the compliments. Replying to your queries as below:-
1). Actually I bought my car from RF motors, Ernakulam. But now shifted my service to Hyson, Thrissur. I am still to go for my first service as my car has run only 7000 kms now. Still 8000 to go for the 1st service. But still I found Hyson staff to be very prompt and efficient.
2). No there were no serious issues with my car (touch wood), though there were some niggling issues which were sorted out promptly by Hyson guys. I would rate Linea as extremely reliable in my past 1 years experience and I bet every Linea owner on this forum would vouch me on that. You can definitely go for this car and that's my recommendation to anyone who asks about Linea Performance.
3). I just completed my to & fro trip from Chennai with my family. We were 4 plus the driver and believe it or not, 100 kgs (25 kg x 4 bags) of rice and 2 big luggage bags. My wife and kids never complained about the seats and the tiredness after reaching home. We all enjoyed the 600kms drive.
Even I own a 2000 model Ikon and still very good condition. But I stopped giving it to Kairali since 3/4 years. Where are you located in thrissur?
Hi Jai, Good to hear that. Infact when I emailed Hyson (with the email id I got from Fiat website), asking about the launch of Linea T-Jet, the guys were prompt to respond. They said, even though Linea 1.4 T-Jet petrol was on display in the Auto Expo, they have no news of the actual launch. But he did mention that they'll notify me once they get the info. From what I read from different websites, the launch would be around June / July. I prefer petrol because the expected usage does not justify a diesel. I heard that the current Linea Diesel is extremely good with the multijet diesel, but the petrol is so underpowered.
And, good to know about your Chennai trip. That was the next question I wanted to ask - whether you already did the Chennai trip .
Because I normally have a trip to Bangalore on my trip to India, and it was during my last drive to Bangalore (in Jan) I thought that the Ikon need a upgrade. Once again thanks for your quick and detailed response.

By the way, your Linea got leather seats? And how is the quality of the stock audio system?
vb-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2010, 13:04   #200
BHPian

Just adding some pictures taken recently.
Attached Images

Old 6th June 2010, 16:42   #201
BHPian

Quote:
I am still to go for my first service as my car has run only 7000 kms now. Still 8000 to go for the 1st service.
I hope you meant second service. First service is at 3 months/3000 km.
NutsNBolts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2010, 16:50   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsNBolts View Post
I hope you meant second service. First service is at 3 months/3000 km.
Yes, the 2nd service.
Old 7th June 2010, 19:07   #203
Senior - BHPian

great pics dude! really liked the last one

about that pic taken at 120 KMPH, how you guys manage to take pics at such high speeds! I remember seeing even 180+ KMPH pics.

i feel scared thinking of taking fotos at such speeds! Any special techniques?
recshenoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2010, 19:18   #204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
great pics dude! really liked the last one

about that pic taken at 120 KMPH, how you guys manage to take pics at such high speeds! I remember seeing even 180+ KMPH pics.

i feel scared thinking of taking fotos at such speeds! Any special techniques?
In my case, SIMPLE. The driver was on the wheel and when he touched 120 he told me and I bent over to his side and took this snap.
Old 8th June 2010, 09:53   #205
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
how you guys manage to take pics at such high speeds! I remember seeing even 180+ KMPH pics.
recshenoy,

In my case, while I was driving, my daughter clicked the camera capturing the event.
J.Ravi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2010, 21:08   #206
BHPian

This came in email to me today and thought of sharing with the members. The new Hybrid technology that can be installed in any cars from 800cc to 3000 cc capacity.

You can call it a breakthrough in technology, or a result born from a need to develop a suitable and viable solution for hybrid technology in India, the fact remains that Bharat Forge and KPIT Cummins Infosystems Ltd have definitely rolled out an innovation that has a brilliant application in India.

The result of some electronic wizardry has resulted in creating an intelligent plug in parallel hybrid solution for existing cars and ultralight LCV's. The hybrid technology can be fitted to existing vehicles regardless if they are petrol or diesel powered. The JV between Bharat Forge and KPIT Cummins Ltd have filed for over 15 patents on this innovative technology.

Incidentally, the company is bullish on the prospects that this product offers in the aftermarket. Like the fitment of CNG kits, it will soon be possible to fit your vehicle with a hybrid drive kit. The procedure should take only 4-6 hours and your vehicle will boast of hybrid drive! Branded as ReVOLO, this new technology has the potential to redefine the automotive market in the country.
'REVOLO' is an indigenous & innovative solution that has been conceptualized, developed and frugally engineered in India. The Automotive Research Association of India (ARAI), which tested the new hybrid solution (REVOLO), confirmed fuel efficiency gains of more than 40%. Under city driving conditions the increase in efficiency has been above 60% and reduction in Greenhouse Gas Emissions (GHG) has been more than 30%.

The company is looking at launching this product in the market within the next six months. Though the product is ready, it Is only a matter of time before the government sanctions it for regular usage. According to officials present at the time of testing the new product, the ReVOLO is capable of reducing fuel dependency by 40-80 per cent, depending on the car load.
The company is working aggressively to bring down costs further as well as find a partner in the OEM segment in order to offer this new product at a reasonable rate. The company also intends on offering this technology as an aftermarket solution.
Attached Images

Old 16th June 2010, 11:52   #207
BHPian

Quote:
This came in email to me today and thought of sharing with the members. The new Hybrid technology that can be installed in any cars from 800cc to 3000 cc capacity.

You can call it a breakthrough in technology, or a result born from a need to develop a suitable and viable solution for hybrid technology in India, the fact remains that Bharat Forge and KPIT Cummins Infosystems Ltd have definitely rolled out an innovation that has a brilliant application in India.
Yes! There is a separate thread running on Revolo on T-BHP. Check it out here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...echnology.html (REVOLO Ė Ready To Fit Hybrid Technology)
witwiky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2010, 10:01   #208
BHPian

Has any of the Linea owners done Wooden dash finish for their Linea?
Old 1st September 2010, 15:15   #209
BHPian

I have recently done wooden dash finish for my Linea interiors. The interiors now looks like a High end 'D' segment car and much more. Some images attached below.
Attached Images

Last edited by jaisha8 : 1st September 2010 at 15:20.
Old 1st September 2010, 16:00   #210
Distinguished - BHPian

The interior has now definitely better look. FIAT should take this clue and give this as an upgrade along with better fit and finish.

By the way is that the sticker on the stalks mentioning indicator and wiper?
nkrishnap is offline   Reply With Quote