Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 28th May 2009, 16:48   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak View Post
He he no idea!!a drive was being planned some time back but then i got busy and did not follow it up!!anyway maybe some monsoon drive sometime!!

What about service?do you service in Trichur or you get it to Ernakulam?
Hi carfreak, Ya, we surely got to meet if there is any plans like that. For my first service I'll have to go to cochin and thereafter they say i can take it to Hyson motors (Tata showroom)Trichur for regular service etc.
jaisha8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2009, 17:01   #47
BHPian

Man - she looks so stunningly beautiful in that white color, very adorable. congrats on the purchase.
NFS2024 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2009, 17:15   #48
BHPian

Vocal White looks absolutely stunning and will give tough competition to current favourite, F. Red.

Congrats buddy, enjoy your ride
akhilesh51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2009, 17:52   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Congrats Jaisha & welcome to Linea club on t-BHP
You'll surely enjoy the admiration
The anti-rust treatment you got done is from which company - Wurth, Dinitrol or 3M? Can you share more details about the cost & what all is included in this treatment
Hi vahanpujari, Surely I am enjoying each bit of it. I'm narrating an funny incident that happened when I went for my car regn at the Trichur RTO ground. I reached first and parked my car in a corner, but even then the car could be noticed from any nook and corner of the ground. Suddenly I saw a black NH City came at high speed blowing all the mud from the ground into the air and braked next to me. When he got out he saw my Linea and was shocked you wont believe that this hi-fi guy in black glasses couldnt take his eyes from my Linea. I was standing beneath a tree beside my car and was watching him. He didnt even guess that this car would be mine. He slowly approached the car and peeped inside, then back seats, went to the rear of the car and silently admiring and also comparing with his car because he was frequently looking back at his car also. At that time his RTO agent arrived with another guy in a new Ford Fiesta and parket next to the NHCity. The other 2 guys got down from the Fiesta and also joined this guy near my Linea. This RTO agent was known to me and asked me if this was my car, I replied YES!! and then both these car owners (NHC & Fiesta) started shooting questions at me and they wanted to see it in detail. I unlocked the car with remote key and the NHC owner saw the key and wanted to have a look at it. After having a detailed look (including the functioning of Blue&me that I showed it to them proudly in detail) both of them commented "Fiat LINEA is miles ahead than our cars, you are really lucky, we didnt even know about the launch of this car'. In fact, my dealer informed me that mine is the first Vocal white car in Kerala as it was the first load that came to kerala.
I am really a proud owner of FIAT LINEA and surely one who owns a LINEA owns the admiration and also the true value of this car....
Old 28th May 2009, 18:24   #50
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaisha8 View Post
For my first service I'll have to go to cochin and thereafter they say i can take it to Hyson motors (Tata showroom)Trichur for regular service etc.
As per the Fiat's Linea website, the service is done only in Concorde or RF at Cochin / Kochi. No service centre listed for Thrissur / Trichur!
trrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2009, 17:52   #51
BHPian

Dear friends,
The below message I copied from another forum and please confirm if anyone of you have heard of the below or faced this issue in your Linea. I suppose if this is true all Lineas would have to get this problem rectified. I have felt the steering rod touch my feet when the clutch is pressed fully, but no vibrations as such.
Linea Owners (PROBLEM HERE),

Today my friend living nearby my house went to Techno auto, najafgarh, New Delhi to get his new chrome strip attached which had broken in an accident and am shocked about 1 thing which they told him:

1. The whole STEERING ASSEMBLY is being replaced as in all Linea its making vibrations near clutch when steering is turned fully.

2. 2 parts on front suspension will be changed by opening bonnet etc which he told me.
THIS IS BEING CHANGED IN ALL LINEAS . Other owners can confirm with their service centres please.

Altough its good that fiat is changing such parts but i dont have complain with anything in these parts which they mentioned but question is why such a problem cropped up in the first place itself.

I wont like to see a new car being ripped apart at the service centre like this, my friend came back without replacing it and has asked me to verify with you people.
Old 29th May 2009, 19:26   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Dear friends,
1. The whole STEERING ASSEMBLY is being replaced as in all Linea its making vibrations near clutch when steering is turned fully.

2. 2 parts on front suspension will be changed by opening bonnet etc which he told me.
THIS IS BEING CHANGED IN ALL LINEAS . Other owners can confirm with their service centres please.

i dont believe this . this looks more like a plan to sabotage FIAT . Why didn't this guy do it if it is to be done in all Linea's?!

Last edited by FastLove : 29th May 2009 at 19:27.
FastLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2009, 20:07   #53
BHPian

Well I have not heard any such claims from my dealer.

Maybe all us Linea owners here could test the steering for vibrations or feedback?
pranava999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2009, 20:50   #54
BHPian

First of all, Congrats on the Linea. I must admit it does look pretty cool!
It does feel good to receive admiration from other car owners, as you got at the RTO.

Regarding the post/article on another Linea problem, it may be an one-off case. For example, even my parent's new Spark (2 months old) had to have the front suspension replaced (for free), as the GM service people said that batch had suspension issues.
DriverR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2009, 00:03   #55
BHPian

hey jaisha,

congratulations and welcome to the fiat fraternity!!!

i can see a premier padmini parked in the b/g, so you are an old timer to the brand eh?

well - stay safe and drive sane my friend,
i hope you have many many happy miles with her.
bIte tHe bulLet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2009, 08:03   #56
BHPian

very nice looking linea. congratulations!!

i want to know about the accessories. do they have any other alloys like 16" or 17" alloys offered as accessories. i ve seen it on the international website.
Caramelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2009, 15:29   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelo View Post
very nice looking linea. congratulations!!

i want to know about the accessories. do they have any other alloys like 16" or 17" alloys offered as accessories. i ve seen it on the international website.
Yes they do have 16 & 17" alloys, but you need to ask them while booking the car. But due to the pathetic conditions of our roads it is not advisable to put 17" alloys as if it hits any pothole at a good speed the rim is bound to get damaged. My collegue (british) a good car mechanic advised me this when I asked him if I could go for 17" alloys. If you have pretty good roads then no problem it is good.
Old 30th May 2009, 16:48   #58
BANNED

Quote:
Dear friends,
The below message I copied from another forum and please confirm if anyone of you have heard of the below or faced this issue in your Linea. I suppose if this is true all Lineas would have to get this problem rectified. I have felt the steering rod touch my feet when the clutch is pressed fully, but no vibrations as such.

Today my friend living nearby my house went to Techno auto, najafgarh, New Delhi to get his new chrome strip attached which had broken in an accident and am shocked about 1 thing which they told him:

Altough its good that fiat is changing such parts but i dont have complain with anything in these parts which they mentioned but question is why such a problem cropped up in the first place itself.

I wont like to see a new car being ripped apart at the service centre like this, my friend came back without replacing it and has asked me to verify with you people.
yes i have heard that too with company have called back linea owners dont know which series made or month but they have recalled linea's to replace steering assembly which had complaints of lots of vibrations on speed.
vijaythacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2009, 16:56   #59
BHPian

Great,white looks rich & elegant. I think allmost all colours are beautiful. But white stands different.
digamber_yadav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2009, 09:27   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Dear friends,

I checked with my dealer on this reported problem and was told that Yes there were couple of Lineas reported with this issue here in mumbai too and they got the work done on the front suspension (some parts replaced , 2 parts of front suspension). Only if there is a similar vibration issue in our car do we need to report it and get the same rectified. Now, this is getting a bit murkier. I am surprised (i am not an auto expert) as how can the same assembly of parts in 2 cars of same make behave differently. I have not faced any of this reported problems (yet) but am a little curious now!
FastLove is offline   Reply With Quote