Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 23rd November 2009, 12:24   #61
Senior - BHPian

Congrats. Its like hot chocolate thrown out of a frying Owen.
Brother its crying for up size tires & alloys. pls do some justice to it.
Pete it and see..voilaaa it puts its big brother swift for smoke.
Ramsagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2010, 22:32   #62

This thread helped me to decide that Ritz Ldi would be a perfect choice for me. Booked it and getting delivery of car this Sunday. I like silky silver so going for the same color.
Supercool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2011, 08:37   #63
Default Re: My Baker`s Chocolate Ritz LDI delivered!

Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
COngrats. Nice colour. How is the on-dash gear.
I had to look up the pics of the Ritz again after you mentioned about the on-dash gear. I interpret "on-dash gear" as the Ambassador/Padmini style gearbox that is on the side of the steering as though it were a wiper or light stalk. It seemed practical as it permitted 6 occupants in the vehicle.

The Maruti Suzuki Zen 2002 (the model before the Maruti Suzuki International Zen) had a floor-mounted gearbox and could have seated 6 passengers if the front seats had been replaced with a single bench.

I wonder why the "on-dash gear" isn't manufactured any more. Perhaps it is because the 'modern' design makes it easier to use? I can't say for sure as I haven't driven an Ambassador or a Padmini.

While on the subject on unusual gear placement, I thought I'd mention that the 30 seater mini-buses have the hand brake located between the driver's seat and the door just as a seat adjustment level would be located (cars have it between the driver's seat and the front passenger's seat).
k_nitin_r is offline   Reply With Quote