Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 2nd June 2009, 16:24   #16
BHPian

Congratulations friend. ANHC looks stunning in white and alloys suit the car nicely. How much you paid for the alloys ?? Waiting for vehicle ownership experience .

Happy and safe driving .
mnhegde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2009, 16:48   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghuvansh View Post
The car seems to vibrate at higher speeds and it goes a little to the left when the steering is left in the center. This was the case even before the alloys were put. Can someone please help in explaining what this could be because of? I dont go above 70 kmph because of this reason.

I will show it to Honda, but I just wanted to know from any experience that any of you have had if the company can say its because of the new alloys.
The drift is because of alignment issues. The vibration is because of the alloys not being balanced.

The car looks brilliant!
ImmortalZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2009, 17:15   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The car seems to vibrate at higher speeds and it goes a little to the left when the steering is left in the center.
This appears to be a simple wheel alignment and balancing problem. Honda should be able to take care of it FOC if you bought OEM alloys from them. If not, it should cost less than 1K to fix.
Gilead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2009, 18:57   #19
BHPian

Raghuvansh, thats a great looking ride! Which tyres and what size are they?

Also, if you don't mind let us know how much you spent on them

Congrats! Be safe
lancer80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2009, 21:52   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,

Just got my ANHC AT last week and I immediately got alloys, new tyres and some tints... Lemme know what you think about how it looks!
The car looks lovely and I love your alloy wheels.

I am an ex Honda City (Nighthawk Black) owner. The car was purchased brand new 7 years ago in June 2002. I purchased a set of City VTEC alloys that were shod with Falkens 185/60 R14 (Falken is avoidable). Went back to BS OEM size 175/65 R14 within 18 months.

And guess what? I then grew older and bought a Corolla Altis in Oct 2008.

Rgds,
R2D2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2009, 22:48   #21
BHPian

ANHC looks real cool in white and the alloys look excellent. Drive Safe.
f1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2009, 13:15   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2max6 View Post
These are the ANHC OEM Alloys
He's right, these one shown here are the OEM ones.

The ones I have put are from Thailand but specifically made for ANHC. They are imports and dont come with a warranty, but I thought they looked too good to ignore because of that. Let's hope I havent made a blunder.

I got the steering more or less fixed from Honda and the Honda mechanic got the front passenger side tyre changed to the stepny (i got a set of 4 alloys so its currently on a black steel rim but the 195/60 tyre that I got changed from a 175/65 one) because he said that specific tyre is not alright. It's just a little better, problem still persists. What do u suggest I do next? Do u suggest somewhere/ someone who is an expert in rims and tyres where I can get the alloys and the wheels tested seperately as I want to know what exactly is the problem so I can get it fixed from that person, because these arent original Honda rims, they can always come back and say that all these issues are because of the new rims whereas its not true, before I got my tyres and rims changed the steering used to automatically go to the left. Dont know about the high speed vibrations as I drove it over 60-70 kmph only AFTER the new rims were put.

Thanks everyone for your posts! The tyres are 195/60 R15 from Good Year, Rims are one of the 2 Thai imported options made only for ANHV available all over Delhi. I got mine from AutoMarc in the market opposite moolchand flyover (the one with Flavours restaurant). Costed me 13500 for a set of 4 (alloys only).
Raghuvansh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2009, 13:29   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep.mishra View Post
Hey, a real beauty! Need clarity on the following;

1. Where did you buy the Alloys from in Delhi. Can you specify the name of the shop and the contact number.

2. Please specify the Brand of the Alloys and the cost as well.

3. Did you also change the tyres with the Alloys? If yes, which brand and size?

I wish to change the stock RIMs and Tyres of my Honda. Hence need your feedback!
Hey Sandeep,

Thanks for your post, I bought the alloys from AutoMarc opposite Moolchand Flyover (address: A-55, Moolchand Shopping Complex, Ring Road, Defence Colony, New Delhi - 24) the market which has Flavours Restaurant.

Name of the owner is Sanjay Chhabra - 09811047313
EMail: s_automarc@yahoo.com
Old 15th August 2009, 10:31   #24
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

hi

Just wanted to check on the price of the new alloys. 13.5 k is a dam good deal on the same. was inquiring at a couple of stores in Mumbai was quoted between 28 to 32 k for a set of 4 alloys made by honda. thailand. and imported
amidoc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2009, 11:16   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The car seems to vibrate at higher speeds
Wheel balancing.

Quote:
and it goes a little to the left when the steering is left in the center.
Alignment.

Get both done at a competent tyre specialty shop and you'll be fine.
ImmortalZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2009, 17:04   #26
BHPian

thank god you didn't go for the oem alloys!

let me tell you!! you have a good choice in alloys. they look awesome!

and about the vibrations and car swaying towards one side. well just like immortalz said you should get the wheel balancing and the alignment done.

i think the guys at the shop where u put the alloys from screwed up or were in a hurry. go back and get it done again!! or from someone else!!
Caramelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2009, 15:34   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by amidoc View Post
hi

Just wanted to check on the price of the new alloys. 13.5 k is a dam good deal on the same. was inquiring at a couple of stores in Mumbai was quoted between 28 to 32 k for a set of 4 alloys made by honda. thailand. and imported
I was told the same thing, if i'm not mistaken, the alloys available must be the ones you see on my car and another set that looks a lot like the new Honda Accord's alloy wheels. If so, I think it might be cheaper buying them from here in Delhi. I have been quoted between 13,500 to 19,000 (set of 4) for the same set I have put at different shops in Delhi. I have my doubts they are original Honda as if they were, they would be available in Honda showrooms and Honda Thailand website which it isn't - I have checked.

A very important advice I would give you is to get the wheels checked by an expert before installing them. I have been driving on them for a while now and although the balancing and alignment fixed 95% of the initial problem of swaying tyres and steering vibrations, I dont think these are a very good set. My fuel efficiency is just about 8.5-9 kmpl in the city (although the on-board computer disagrees - shows 10.9-11.1 kmpl) which I think has gone down from about 11 earlier (remember I have an automatic so a manual should give you higher efficiency).

Can anyone suggest what I should do? I am seriously considering getting the steel wheels with the wheels caps - OEM ones back. I dont want to spoil my car in the long-run for alloys that just look good but harm your car in return.
Old 17th August 2009, 16:11   #28
Awaiting Email Confirmation

hey raghvansh,

Car is awesome as usual !

but are the suspension warranty still ON, did you have a chat on this with the dealer guys ?

pls so let me know....i have not got the alloys to my car, since my dealer says the suspension warranty will be void.
srinivas9446 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2009, 16:31   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinivas9446 View Post
but are the suspension warranty still ON, did you have a chat on this with the dealer guys ?
I havent yet, but I should ask them. Tell you the truth i'm thinking of changing back to original size and wheels, maybe there won't be any issue then and they can never say for sure if I ever had any other wheels on my car, but just to clarify, i dont have any suspension problem - atleast not yet.
Old 17th August 2009, 16:38   #30
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

hihi

i also changed to alloy wheels and michelin prima l/c recently. The car is due for second service soon and I hope that the dealer does fuss about the same. The car was so badly undertired with the stock tires that the same had to be changed anyway.

I am taking up with IOC Premuim fuel after the first service and getting an average of about 11 to 11.5 in the city. The grip has improved after swtiching the tires but at low speeds in the city over bad roads the ride can get rough due to the lower profile of the tires and stiff suspension.
amidoc is online now   Reply With Quote